Second Date

It's Only a Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung walked through the door, sighing in content as the warmth of the dorm welcomed him. The lights were still on so he knew Daehwi was in, lounging around somewhere. He found the younger laying on the sofa, pot of ice cream in hand as he watched a movie - Jinyoung wasn't sure what it was, only that it was a cartoon.

"Considering I didn't get a call, I'm guessing the date went well" Daehwi didn't even bother to look at him, not wanting to miss anything. Jinyoung scoffed as he grabbed the remote and paused the film, Daehwi complained as he tried to snatch the remote back unsuccessfully. "If you're that interested I would prefer to tell you when you'll actually listen" he stuffed the remote under a cushion and sat on it, he knew better than to think Daehwi would just leave it be if he put it down. Daehwi sighed as if Jinyoung was stopping him from completing a life goal or something of similarly important, Jinyoung rolled his eyes as the younger got comfortable despite his complaints.

"So the date went well?" Jinyoung nodded, a warm smile pulling at his lips, which of course did not go unnoticed by Daehwi who smirked. "I told you it would be fine, I have good taste in everything and that apparently includes guys". Jinyoung rolled his eyes. "Actually he wasn't that good looking although with the amount he called himself 'visual shock'-" he made sure to add some flare to the name in imitation of his date "-made me almost convinced he was better looking than he was".

"So he wasn't good looking?"

"No he was....in a strange, charming kind of way, you know?"

"No, I don't know" the blonde deadpanned. Jinyoung blinked at him and shrugged. "Okay well he was charming".

"Would you date him?" Daehwi asked curiously, he gave himself a mental pat on the back as he saw the light tinge of a blush on his friends' cheeks. "Oh so you would?" Jinyoung shrugged, trying to play it cool but failing miserably. "Yeah, we agreed to stay in contact so we can be friends and stuff. I still have the other dates left so we'll see how it goes".

"What did I say? I told you, you would either find people compatible for love or for friendship, maybe both". Jinyoung mock bowed towards the younger. "Yes, oh mighty Daehwi. You were right as you always are". Daehwi puffed his chest proudly, clearly ignoring the sarcasm in favour of taking the compliment.

"I know, I know" he waved the older boy off, purposely hitting him when the older went to bow again making them both laugh. Daehwi sat up properly and wiped a stray tear from his eye. "So your next date is tomorrow, want me to show you who it is?" Jinyoung's interest peeked at this, he hadn't offered any information about Jaehwan before the date so he was curious and slightly wary as to why he would offer if now.

"I was surprised to see him on the list honestly, he gets enough attention without something like this, although mostly from girls. I guess nobody really questioned his ual preferences and they were all wrong" Daehwi dragged on, enjoying the older boys' frustration at not revealing anything. "Just tell me!" Daehwi pretended to think, eyebrows furrowed as he shook his head. "You know, I don't think I should. It's more fun as a surprise". The blonde jumped off the sofa and ran to the room as Jinyoung tried to hit him.

"Yah! Lee Daehwi!" The mentioned boy laughed and sat on his bed after having already closed the door. Jinyoung walked in after a few minutes, frown on face as he was clearly unhappy from being teased. Daehwi couldn't help but feel slight sympathy for his friend but wouldn't ruin it, he only wished he could be their when the older found out exactly who it was. "I'll tell you one thing." Jinyoung looked over, eyes wide as he nodded. "He'll be familiar". He laid down, back to the brunette to avoid being persuaded into revealing more because of that stupid doe-eyed look.

Jinyoung new that he was not going to learn more, so despite his burning curiosity he got ready for bed, accepting that he'd just have to wait.

 

-:-:-:-:-:-

 

It had just gone lunch time when Jinyoung received the text, his eyes widened as he recognised the name of the id. He almost went to deny it but seeing as the number was already saved he supposed he couldn't.

'Hey Jinyoung :)

Let's meet at xxxx sports centre'

Daehwi had been right when he said that he was surprised, Jinyoung was as well, he had no idea the boy was gay but didn't question it, they weren't that close anyway. He typed a quick response and got changed into clothes that he would be able to do sport in. He wasn't sure what they were going to do but was sure that it would be interesting if nothing else.

Once he was done getting ready he grabbed his coat and left, Daehwi had a lecture so he had been home alone. It didn't take long to arrive at the arranged spot so Jinyoung decided to wait in a cafe just outside the centre. He ordered a hot chocolate, once he had received his order he turned around only to be met by a noise. "You're Jinyoung! Right? I'm righ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter