Prologue

It's Only a Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The things I do for this boy" the young male complained as he looked through a folder, an older male in front of him waiting patiently.

"How many are you looking into?" The male behind the desk asked, a polite smile on his face as he looked at the frustrated male. The blonde sighed but then smiled.

"What is the most?"

"The most dates you can book is ten" the young blonde nodded, looking down at the small pile of profiles he had put to the side, carefully shifting through the choices he had already picked out he counted a total of ten.

"Perfect, I'll take the full course. These are the picks" he said, easily passing the chosen files to the man, who smiled as he looked through the files.

"Not one set style I see"

"It's not for me, it's for a friend" he explained while reaching into his bag and pulling out a file, he passed it to the man.

"Bae Jinyoung" the man read glancing at the rest of the information prepared on the sheet. "Well all the information appears to be here so if you'll sign here..." he pointed at the dotted line on the end of the contract, the younger boy quickly read through, nodding when he realised if was a privacy agreement and signed at the bottom.

"Okay, we'll send out his profile out to the boys selected and I'll let you know when and how many agree to the date".

The blonde stood and bowed to the man, thanking him politely before leaving the agency. He looked back at the bright sign of the shop and smirked, Jinyoung would have no excuse to continue his brooding, lonely existence now. The older boy would probably glare and refuse to go but he knew he would be able to make him agree in a bout ten minutes, he was the master of puppy dog eyes.

 

-:-:-:-:-

"Daehwi!"

The young university student had only just walked through the doors of cafe when heard the call of his name, turning he could see a tall female and make waving at him. Smiling, he waved back and walked to the table, placing himself in front of a plate of cake, something they had clearly ordered for him before he had arrived.

"Thanks" he smiled as he looked down at the cake, the best as usual. "So where were you?" the female asked, tucking herself into his side, from the other side of the table he heard the handsome brunette gagging but the pair ignored him. "You know, just getting Mr 'I don't need a man' over there a date" he saw as Jinyoung's eyes widened before he directed a glare at his one and only best friend.

"You did what?"

"I got you a date - actually I got you ten but some of those are bound to decline" Somi - Daehwi's girlfriend- choked on her food as she tried not to laugh, Daehwi patted her back and handed her a drink.

"Oh my god, you went to that new dating agency just outside the university, didn't you?" Somi asked, still slightly breathless from the choking fit she just had.

"Yep" Daehwi threw a smug smile towards the still glaring Jinyoung. "I'm not going" the older boy said, going back to eating his food as if none of that had even happened.

"You are, the guys I picked would be sad if you waste their time".

"That's your own fault, I didn't sign up for this" Jinyoung argued back. "As your best friend" he flinched as he felt Somi stamp on his foot. "As one of your best friends-" he glanced at Somi who looked satisfied "-it was in my best interests to set you up on a few dates with some really good looking guys because I hate seeing you all alone and sad". Somi nodded, agreeing in some not so nice words about how depressing and sad he looks. Jinyoung glared, he wasn't lonely, and he didn't need a date to be happy.

"I know exactly what you're thinking, and you do look lonely, you're a twenty year old guy who was dumped once and now won't try again". Jinyoung frowned but didn't argue, it was a lost cause now they were tag-teaming against him.

"Bae Jinyoung, I didn't go to some dating agency, look through a bunch of guys trying to find good-looking ones who might fit you, even though I am a straight man just so you could treat me like this". Daehwi smiled as he saw Jinyoung look down, clearly feeding into the guilt trip. "Now admit you have the best friends ever and agree to go on the dates. Only two or three are likely to agree anyway".

Jinyoung sighed, knowing he had lost. He thanked Daehwi -sarcastically of course- and agreed to go on the dates that accepted him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter