A Step At a Time

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung was looking at herself in the mirror. She just got out of the shower. Jessica wanted to take her out for dinner that night.  “Vice President Jessica Jung likes you Sooyoung. Well, even though she doesnt say it yet, but still.” Sooyoung smiled as she was talking to herself in front of the mirror. “Good job Sooyoung. Good job.” Sooyoung patted her own shoulder. “You are not stupid Choi Sooyoung. You are the smartest woman in the world.” Sooyoung pointed to herself in the mirror.

“If you can get Jessica Jung, you can anyone in the world.” She was still rambling nonsense in the bathroom. At that time, she had Scarlett Johansson in her mind. 

Suddenly, she jumped after hearing the door was knocked from outside. “Sooyoung, hurry up! You’ve been in there for more than 45 minutes!” Jessica exclaimed from the other side of the door. She made a restaurant reservation earlier for them at 8.30pm. She didn’t want to be late. By judging at the time, there might be a possibility that they would not reach the restaurant on time.

“Sooyoung! It’s almost 8! I need to shower too!!” Jessica kept on knocking on the door.

“Yes yes I’m done..” Sooyoung opened the bathroom door. She was in her towel, well both of them in their towels. “Hey you.” Sooyoung said in a seductive tone.

“Yes?” Jessica replied. She was a bit shy at the time.  

“Wait, are you the one who likes me but don’t wanna say it?” Sooyoung asked with a smile.

“Sooyounggg!” Jessica gently hit Sooyoung’s arm. Of course the woman went blushing. Sooyoung just laughed as a response. Then, she went inside her bedroom to get ready. The bathroom was outside near the living room.

After she was done getting ready, she lied down on the bed. She wanted to wait for Jessica to come in from the bathroom. A few minutes later, Jessica walked in still in her towel. Sooyoung smiled widely.

Jessica was blushing like crazy.”Sooyoung, can you please wait outside? I need to get ready, or we’ll be late.” Jessica said softly. Of course she felt embarrassed and awkward to let Sooyoung watched her get ready.

“I don’t wanna wait outside.” Sooyoung mumbled innocently.

“Sooyoung please..” Jessica pleaded.

“I don’t want to. I wanna stay here.” Sooyoung mumbled again.

“Please Sooyoung. I’m shy.” Jessica admitted.

“I’ll close my eyes.” Sooyoung smiled as she closed her eyes with her hands.

“Urgh. Fine.” Jessica groaned. She quickly took a shirt, a bra and her from her suitcase and quickly wore it. Of course Sooyoung took a peek in between her fingers. But as soon as she saw a glimpse of Jessica’s , she quickly closed her eyes. It turned out that she was shy as well. But then, she peeked again through her fingers. She liked seeing it.

“Okay Sooyoung let’s go.” Jessica muttered before she walked out of the bedroom.

“Alright.” Sooyoung quickly followed her from behind. They left the apartment and went inside Jessica’s Mercedes.

“Eh waittt!” Sooyoung held on Jessica’s arm.

“What?” Jessica was surprised.

“Are you the one who likes me but don’t wanna say it?” Sooyoung asked as she looked at Jessica. “Sooyounggggg!” Jessica hit Sooyoung’s arm. Sooyoung just smiled widely as a response. They reached the restaurant a few minutes past 8.30pm.

“I told you to go shower early..” Jessica started nagging. “I hate it when I didn’t get in time for a reservation.” Jessica added while they were walking to the restaurant.

“Aishh. Shh!” Sooyoung replied before she held on Jessica’s hand. Jessica was blushing so bad that night. They were holding hands as they made their way inside the restaurant. Jessica immediately stopped nagg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter