Lady and the Tramp...kinda ((part 1)) (written by Maknae_Haley)

New School...New Love.

i cannot even apologize enough for how it's taken me to update this... :/ anyway I hope you enjoy it! leave all of your love and comments and such down in that little comment box...or my wall or my inbox or whatever<3

this whole chapter will be about JongYu...cuz I maybe kinda ship them more than TaeKey hehehe

~+~+~++~~++~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+

~*Jinki's P.O.V*~

Sitting in class today, I felt very uncomfortable. I couldn't sto pstaring at Jonghyun...why did he have to be so beautiful? I sighed to myself as Mrs. Jang lectured up at the board. Jonghyun and Sunggyu were back to their normal selves, though. They were snickering about this girl who got a new haircut...which, to be honest, was a little hideous..but I didn't dare laugh at her. I knew how embarassed I would be if I went out of my comfort zone and changed my style, just to have the most handsome guys in class laughing at me. I would probably have cried. I'm sure that the kids at this school are used to those two and their antics, though. She was strong...stronger than  me. 

Honestly, I felt a tinge in my heart every time Jonghyun looked at Sunggyu with those big puppy eyes. It hurt me in multiple ways. There was the obvious reason, which was because I was slowly starting to grow a little like totally huge crush on Jonghyun, but then I could tell that no matter how close Jonghyun and Sunggyu were, Sunggyu's heart could never reciprocate the feelings that Jonghyun had. It hurt me because I know that no matter what, neither Jonghyun or I will be happy unless he realizes that Sunggyu isn't the one for him. 

I screamed out my feelings in my mind as I looked at the back of Jonghyun's head. I was gazing intently on his dark brown locks, but was too focused on the things my mind was yelling at him to notice that he had turned around and was looking back at me. 

"Jinki?" he asked, brows furrowed. I was too lost in my reverie to answer. A large hand came crashing down on the corner of my desk, sounding like a gunshot at point blank. I nearly jumped out of my desk and heard the shrill mocking laughter I had been hearing all week coming from a certain individual. Kim Sunggyu. His eyes got so small when he laughed...he looked like someone just sprayed him in the face with pepper spray. What in the world did Jonghyun even see in him?! I shot him the nastiest glare I could before I started working on my homework again. 

"Did you see him jump? Like scared little bunny or something!" Sunggyu laughed to Jonghyun. Jonghyun didn't answer and laugh right away...was he going to defend me? 

"Yeah!" and he gave a short chuckle. Tricking Sunggyu into thinking that he agreed, but I could tell he wanted to stand up for me. I bet he would have, if my attacker wouldn't have been his beloved Sunggyu. Even though he didn't ridicule me too, it still hurt to know that he cared about pleasing Sunggyu more than he cared about standing up for a new kid.

Love sure makes people do horrible things. 

After class, Mrs. Jang called Jonghyun and I up to her desk as everyone else was filing out of the room.

"Boys~" she started "I must say, first, that I am so proud of both of you!" a big smile spread across her face and she handed Jonghyun the most recent quiz we took. There was a big A written on the top. I saw his face brighten up as he saw his grade. The smile on his face now was different than the smile he had when he laughed with Sunggyu, this was more real and more comfortable. Not forced or anything. It hurts to see someone try so hard for something they wil never get...but maybe that's what I'm doing too...

"But today after school, there will be a teacher's meeting in this room so you two can't get together here today. Based on your improvements, I think you'll be fine only missing one day." she winked and rushed us off to our next class. I left as quickly as possible because I really didn't want to stand by him anymore. Being around him just makes me feel nauseous and I want to tell him everything that is in my mind.

"Jinki~" I heard a voice like sugar calling out from behind me. I should just act like I didn't even hear anything. I kept walking until he yelled

"Yah!! Lee Jinki!! Stop!" and I turned around, I saw him walking quickly up to me. It looked like there was light eminating from behind him like in the movies. His walk was perfection...

He waved at me as he got closer and smiled when he finally caught up.

"Hey~" he started sheepishly "I'm sorry about Sunggyu today..." and he rubbed the back of his neck. Bringing it up just made me upset about it all over again. I got a flat look on my face and retored

"Nah~ it's nothing new. Nothing I was surprised by...but if you're going to act like him, don't apologize for it after he's gone."

I didn't mean for it to sound so y...but I couldn't help it. I wasn't going to act like I wasn't upset. 

"Yah~~" he whined "I'm sorry...I didn't know what to say..." he paused and gave me an angelic smile "Forgive me?"

this kid needs to stop playing with my feelings...but what am I supposed to do? I paused 

"Of course~" and his face lit up again with his 'real' smile. Just then, the bell rang, telling us we were late for our next class. 

"Aigoo~" i complained and started rushing off, just to have Jonghyun grab my wrist and pull me back.

"There's no point in going now...we'll be counted absent either way." he paused a bit and got a devilish smile on mhis face "So let's have some fun." still gripping my wrist, he pulled me down a few hallways. We ran up a flight of stairs to a doorway. He turned around and gave me a sly  smile. I don't know if I want to know what was coming next. He opened the door and I was suddenly blinded by the brightest light I've ever seen. He pulls me through the door way and out onto the roof. I looked around and suddenyl felt my body stiffen. I hate heights with a passion. I stood stock-still as Jonghyun ran to the egde like a little kid and peered over the edge.

"Yah~ hyung!" he called....he had never called me that before. I think I liked it. "Come here!" 

I didn't move, so he came over to me and pushed me towards the edge. I resisted and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Nooooooo!" i complained, but he was stronger than he looked. When i reached the edge, i grasped the wall as tightly as I could and my fingers turned white. Jonghyun could tell how scared I was and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt his face rest against my back and my blood started rushing through my veins even faster. My heart was about to jump out of my throat. I could smell his soft cologne and I just closed my eyes. I only focused on him and my heart slowed down a little bit. 

"Yah~ open your eyes!" he prompted, but I just violently shook my head. He squeezed my waist tighter, "Come on!!" when he could tell that I wasn't going to move, he just sighed. I felt his breath on the back of my neck and it sent a shiver down my spine. "Fine~~" and he let me go. I rushed back to the middle of the roof and we sat down. He looked up at me~

"Woah!" and his eyes turned into big saucers "Your face is all white!" he put his hand on my cheek and I instinctively cringed away. 

"Yeah" I lied "I'm fine...I'm just not too fond of heights." which was a total under statement, I've always had an inexplicable fear of heights...

"I'm sorry" he said and looked like a sad puppy,..why can't I stay mad at this kid?!

"It's fine~" I assured him. We continued talking until the bell rang. We rushed down the stairs and before we split ways he said 

"Meet me at the gates after school! You can come to my house and we'll study!" he gave me the sweetest smile and I nodded. He honestly didn't need any more tutoring right now...maybe he just wanted an excuse to talk to me. 

At lunch time, I saw Jonghuun sitting by Sunggyu, like usual. They were laughing about something and I saw the fake smile on Jonghyun's face. His eyes were full of a sparkle and a brightness that I couldn't explain, though. I know I've made those eyes at people before...but it just hurts me to see him making them at Sunggyu. Why can't he realize that Sunggyu doesn't feel the same way?! I watched them as I ate my lunch from the across the cafeteria. Suddenly two guys who were both tall and skinny approached my table. One I recognized as being in my grade, but the other looked new. He must be a freshman. 

"Can we sit here?" the older one asked. I nodded and they sat across from me. 

"I'm Kim Kibum...but call me Key." the older one stuck out his hand and I shook it. He gestured to the kid next to him "This is Lee Taemin, he's new this year." 

"Lee Jinki" I responded and smiled as much as I could. I stole glances over at Jonghyun ang Sunggyu a few times and Key looked over his shoulder, following my stare. 

"Jonghyun and Sunggyu?" he asked and furrowed his brows, he scrunched his plump feminine lips and scoffed "Damn jerks." 

"What do you mean?" I asked, even though I knew what he meant. I was just curoius what they had done to him. 

"Well" he started and leaned in closer "I went to middle school with Sunggyu and we used to be best friends. He was so much fun to be with, we laughed and hung out all the time. I slowly started to get a crush on him." his face started to look hurt, I wanted to hear the rest "One day, i decided to confess to him the feelings that had been growing inside of me. So I did." and he stopped, the look on Taemin's face was very strange. He looked surprised, confused, relieved and I dont even know what else. 

"And?" I prompted, and Kibum laughed at my eagerness. 

"And he laughed in my face. He told me that men aren't meant to love men and that I was messed up and that we couldn't be friends..." 

"Ohh.." was all i could say. 

"Yeah, so now that we're in high school he needs to tell everybody about how 'clingy' I am and how I'm a bad friend...he constantly is laughing at me with his friends..."

Taemin put his hand on top of Key's, and I realized that they were probably boyfriends. 

"I'm so sorry.." I said and looked down at the table "If anyone had said that to me...I probably would have had to transfer schools." 

"Yeah..Kim Sunggyu is the devil's advocate. And if Jonghyun keeps trying to get too close, he's going to get burned." 

He's going to get burned. 

It repeated in my mind. Just then, the bell rang ending lunch. Key and Taemin waved goodbye to me and as they walked away I thought I heard Taemin ask 

"Hyung~ you like boys?" 

~after school~ 

I walked towards the gates where Jonghyun told me to meet him. 

He's going to get burned.

I couldn't get Key's words out of my mind. I saw Jonghyun leaning against the gate post and had to restrain myself from running up to him. When he looked up and saw me, he waved like crazy and his smile covered his whole face. I walked a little faster and when I caught up he gave me a big hug. It caught me off guard so I didn't have time to think quick enough to hug him back. I just gave him a small embarassed smile when he stepped back. 

"Come on!" he gestured away from the school "Lets get out of this prison!" we laughed and walked, talking casually to each other. He was so easy to talk to when we were alone. We walked for a few blocks and all of the houses around us were huge, mansion-like houses. I was admiring them and Jonghyun laughed at me. 

"Have you never seen houses before?" he laughed. I have seen houses, just never any like this.

 "Yes~" I answered "But these are like mansions compared to my house..." he just chuckled and kept walking. We finally approached a house that was all brick and just too beautiful for words. The lawn was perfectly green and there wasn't even one flower petal out of place. 

"Welcome home" he said and took me up to the door. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~

okay so I'm planning on writing more of this chapter tomorrow..but I wanted to at least get this much up since I have it typed and such. again sorry for the wait keke. I added a little TaeKey..i couldnt help it....and idek why but I'm starting to want Suggyu and Jonghyun to be together...even though I'm the writer and I know whats going to happen 

(sorry im rambling...its 2:30 AM..)

hope you enjoyed it! <3