CHAPTER 3!! (written by Maknae_Haley)

New School...New Love.

OKAY GUYS!! I'M BACK!! haha. my internet went out for a while cuz my momma forgot to pay the bill :/ pabo~~ but anyway here you go ;) haha I have a long weekend so I'm epically excited about writing this!! I love reading your coments and stuff...they make me happy inside :3 *snuggles you all* anyway~ here's what you wanted!!! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~*Taemin's P.O.V*~

I had to rush home after dancing with Kibum. He is truly the nicest guy I've met!! He immeditaely took me under his wing and is soo much fun!! He's a tad like a diva, but oh well!! And he's so pretty! Prettier than any of the girls I've ever seen. I'm excited to see him again tomorrow. I was sooo embarassed when I fell in front of him...how could I have been such a clutz?! I wasn't having the best first day, but once I met Kibummie it made me excited to go back! 

"Taeminnie!!" umma exclaimed when I got home and wrapped me in a huge embrace. Her hugs always made me feel warm inside. I really love my mother~ she is the best. Now that I think of it, Kibum reminds me a lot of her. They are both very caring and they both seem to want to look out for me and want me to do my best. 

'Umma~ Kibummie~' I thought to myself  'I will not let you down!'

She released me from the comfort of her hug and then looked me in the eyes with excitement.  

"What?" I asked, giggling a little bit.

"How was your first day?!" her face looked very childish and it made her look younger and beautiful. 

I told her all about my classes and then about how I met Kibum. She seemed just as excited about my new friend as I was. 

"Well I'm so glad you found someone who will help you out! It's nice that he's older, he knows his way around the school and can guide you...as long he isn't a bad influence." her tone suddenly turned serious and very maternal. 

"No worries umma~" I said and grabbed her hand. "He seems like a very good guy! Smart, clean, nice, blah blah blah" and she laughed at my ending. and she looked into my eyes again, a tinge of worry in her eyes

"Just don't forget your common sense and always watch out for the people you associate with." she gave me a loving smile and we embraced again and I headed to my room. I signed onto my instant messenger. I had given my screen name to Kibum because he had asked for my phone number.....

"Taeminnie~" Kibum called as we took a break from dance practice "Could you tell me your phone number? We can keep in touch if you ever have any questions on dance or just whatever~" 

I started to blush a little bit and avoided Kibum's eyes. 

"I don't have a phone..." and I rubbed the back of my neck. Hoping he wouldn't laugh.

"Whaaaaaaaaaat?!?!" he overreacted cutely and his eyes widened like dinner saucers, he paused a little bit and small pout grew on his femininely plump lips  "I understand that you don't want to tell me~ that's okay...we just met!" and he shot me a smile as bright as the sun. 

"No seriously! I don't have a phone." I hated having to admit it, but we weren't the richest family and we figured having internet and running water was more important that cell phones. "I have an instant messenger~" and I smiled sheepishly. 

"You're serious!" and his face was covered in total shock and disbelief, again I know it wasn't that big of a deal but Kibum just liked reacting this way. He stared at my face to make sure I wasn't bluffing or trying to get out of talking to him. I looked straight into his eyes so he would believe me. 

"Okay" he finally said, nodding, and pulled out his iPhone. "What's your screen name?" and he smiled at me sweetly again. He switched moods so quickly, it was honestly cute. 

I didn't expect him to already be trying to talk to me, but I just wanted to check... there was nothing.

I left the messenger window open as I surfed the internet. I found this movie that I had been wanting to see, so I clicked it and started watching.

It was a scary movie and I honestly hated them! But they were fun to watch in a way. They were more fun...and less scary...when I wasn't watching them by myself. During a quiet scene while the main girl was stupidly going down into the basement, a loud beep rang through my earphones causing me to scream and almost fall off of my bed. I looked at the window that jumped up onto my screen

Key_Kibum574: Yah~ Taeminnie!!(:

even though it scared me out of my mind, I had to smile. I could practically see his smiling face and hear him saying this. 

DancerLee8921: Hey!! How are you?

within a few second of my response I heard the beep saying that I had a new message.

Key_Kibum574: I miss you~~ :3 

.....he misses me?

...HE misses ME?!!

....HE MISSES ME!!?!

what is he trying to do to me...does he know how I'm starting to feel about him? I know I only met him today...but I must admit that I'm growing a small type of crush on him. Maybe it's because he is so feminine and makes me feel safe like my mother does...What am I supposed to say? I don't want to tell him that I like him because I don't know if I do...but I can't just say 'yeah' because that might hurt his feelings....ahh.... 

DancerLee8921: Miss you too :P

....I waitefd for a reply. It's taking longer than it did last time!! Did I scare him?! Oh gosh...I scared him! I know I did...aish why am I like this?! I jumped at the 'new message' beep again

Key_Kibum574: kekeke how are you? Did you enjoy our practice today?(:

DancerLee8921: of course! I'm looking forward to another one...soon?

Key_Kibum574: yeah! I can't tomorrow though, I have to help my mom :/ but soon!!

Why is my heart beating like this? Am I still worked up about the movie...I'm really not that scared of it! It's just a movie!!

DancerLee8921: okay~ just let me know. Thanks for being so nice to me today, I really was beginning to think I wouldn't make any friends at this school.

Key_Kibum574: Well it's only the first day silly! Obviously not everyone is like me. When I see someone who looks nice, I'm going to talk to them.               Unfortunately there are a lot of people who aren't nice...so you have to be careful!!

DancerLee8921: thanks umma... 

I said sarcastically and I hoped that he would understand my joke

Key_Kibum574: I'm just trying to help~ I'll tell you all of the things I wish someone would have told me when I was a freshman.(:

His caring truly struck me hard. I can't believe anybody who just met me would be so inviting and seem to go out of his way for me. I found myself wishing I could see him again right now. But I guess messages were good enough for now.

DancerLee8921: Thank you~ really(: I really do appreciate it!

Key_Kibum574: no problem sweetheart! ^.^

....sweetheart?!?! I stared at the screen for a while. Am I reading this correctly?! Does he think I'm his pet or something...? Maybe he's just one of those people that calls everyone names like 'sweetheart' and 'honey' ...or maybe he does like me!! What am I going to do if he does like me?! ...What am I going to do if I like HIM?! My head spun and I didn't realize that I hadn't replied for a few minutes. 

Key_Kibum574: Hey I need to go now~ I'll see you tomorrow in the hall!!(: 

I wanted to tell him to wait because I wanted to keep talking. I wanted to ask him where he had to go...or if he just said that to get away from talking to me. But I didn't say any of that.

DancerLee8921: bye~~ (:

...why am I so bad at talking to people?! I sighed and rested my chin in my hands. I closed the messenger window and saw my movie still paused...well it was starting to get late...I don't really need to finish the movie. It was lame anyway...

 

~*Jonghyun's P.O.V*~

I rushed home after the roller coaster of a first day I had. How could Mrs. Jang suggest that I have study dates with that guy EVERYDAY?! I mean I guess I could deal with once a week or whatever...but he's probably one of those guys that will make me feel stupid because I truly fail at math. 

I also wouldn't mind if I had some idea of how I felt about this 'Lee Jinki' character. He really looked like a dork and I didn't want to associate with him, but he looked like he could possibly be nice, he was certainly talented at singing! I felt bad for him because he really looked like a little innocent puppy standing in front of the class. He probably also thought that that hair style was cool..or that those pants fit him correctly. Either way I felt a tinge of pity for him, but then I went and laughed at him...why did I act this way when I know better. Wait, I know the answer. Sunggyu. He was the only reason I was so mean to others. It looked so easy for him, and it looked cool on him and he even got away with it!! I always felt like a total jerk, and then I get in trouble somehow wether it be with teachers or whatever. I couldn't just stop being this way, though. I've been acting this way ever since I first moved here and made friends with Sunggyu. I had started just like Jinki. Uncomfortable and clueless. Sunggyu laughed at me that day, too. He said something about my height and the fact that my jaw line was really refined. I think I remember something about a raptor...but it doesn't matter. One day one of the guys he had been hanging out with started calling me names and picking on me and I was just totally sick and tired of them playing on the same insecurities everyday.

I turned around and got right in his face.

"You think you're a man because you call me short everyday?" the words started flowing out like hot lava from a volcano and it felt great "I know that I'm short! He knows I'm short." I pointed at a random kid in the lunch room "She knows I'm short." I pointed at another random kid "Everyone ing knows I'm short! Why do you think it's so damn hilarious to call me 'shorty' and 'runt' everyday! It's really just getting old." even though he towered over me, he cringed away from me but I got closer "And maybe you just like making fun of the few 'imperfections' of mine to make yourself feel like less of a pathetic desperate loser!" I shoved my finger into his chest "That's all you are! Pathetic! I hear your friends laughing at pretty much everybody, so I guess you think it's cool, huh? Too bad you can't even think of anything but to call me short." I was on a roll now "It's like running around and telling the sky that it is blue, or telling the grass that it's green." I would have gone on but I felt his hand collide with my cheek so hard that I fell to the ground. It didn't hurt as much as it fueled my angry words.

"Oh really? You're going to hit me?!" I screamed as I staggered off the ground, I felt a few tears escape my eyes but I wasn't going to let that stop me. People started gathering. I was sick and tired of being a victim of his stupidity and ignorance. "You have nothing good to say? You think it makes you stronger because you can hit me?! You may be able to swing your fist harder, but the real strength isn't in your hands, it's in your mind. I could hit you back, but that would get me no where." I can remember vivdly the fire roaring in his eyes, he knew I was right. But instead of being a real man and admitting it, he hit me again. Harder. This time I started blacking out. I remember hearing a girl shriek and I heard Sunggyu's voice. His voice had normally been the bane of my existence up to that point but this time it was different. He stormed up to the brute who hit me and shoved his shoulders back. 

"What the do you think you're doing?! Is fighting the only way settle things?! Aish!! You're such a ing !!" and I can't remember anything after that because everything went black. The next thing I remember was waking up in the nurse's office. The walls were white and it smelled really clean. I slowly sat up and rubbed the side of my head where his fist had made contact. My head was pounding and I felt dizzy, a pair of gentle hands rested on my shoulders and guided my head back to the pillow. The face of what seemed like an angel hovered in front of my eyes.

"He's awake." he said sweetly and smiled down at me. "You okay?" he looked all over my face and looked worried. I didn't respond because I couldn't even think straight. This must be a dream. "He hit you pretty hard...Look...can I apologize for him? You're right, the only way he settles things is with his fists. He doesn't know enough words to actually use them effectively." the angel laughed a little and waited for my response

Out of all the words swimming around in my pounding brain, the only words that came out were

"Sunggyu?" 

We sat in the nurse's office and talked until my mom came to take me home. I was out for the next few days, but even after I got back Sunggyu was suddenly nice to me. 

From that day on, they all respected me more and we slowly became friends. Now I realise that I have become like them. I only make jokes because I want Sunggyu to like me. At first I just felt safe and I felt bigger when I was around him. I felt like I had more respect partially because I stood up for myself and because people were afraid of Sunggyu. I didn't understand why so many people hated him, he was actually really nice to me. I mean I guess we do laugh at people a lot, but they don't care. We're handsome and Sunggyu can get away with anything. Maybe that's why a little crush was forming in my stomach towards him. He changed me from being the sheep to being the fox....now that I think about it I'm not sure which is worse...

~*Jinki's P.O.V*~

I was getting ready for bed and thinking about those little jerks. Why in the world would Mrs. Jang make me tutor him..without even asking me?! I hope I get extra credit or something...

I know that that Sunggyu guy was no good. They were like wolves, and Sunggyu was the alpha male. The rest just followed him and didn't dare step on his toes. He had everyone wrapped around his evil little fingers...or should I say paws? But I didn't know how to feel about Jonghyun. He looked possibly sympathetic to me, which was unnecessary because I'm not some kind of charity. I was actually alright with dealing with Jonghyun, until Mrs. Jang said I had to tutor him! How am I supposed to help him?! It's like watering a plant that has been dead for years. No matter how much water I give him, it won't make a difference. 

Not only did I have him in my math class, but he was even in my music class!! The teacher was really nice and had me sing for everyone. I love singing and it makes me feel amazing inside when I sing, like everything just melts away and the only thing that matters are the words. After I sang, I caught Jonghyun staring at me like he had seen a ghost or something. Maybe he didn't expect me to actually have any talent at all. What a close-minded fool. He honestly didn't care about anything except himself and Sunggyu. I think he might just care about Sunggyu more then himself. Either way, they were both hindering my plan to actually make friends at this new school. Maybe I shouldn't try...I had moved from a little town that had only about 500 kids total in the high school. Everyone knew everyone and we all got along on some odd inexplicable level. When my dad finally got a promotion, we moved to a bigger city so he could be closer to the office. Even though he was making more money now then he had been, we still were pretty poor. I had had the same pairs of khaki, black, and blue pants for school for the past 3 years. The pants were starting to get a little small in the waist area, because I have been growing like young adults do. 

I noticed that all of the people in this city dressed and interacted differently than people in my old town. Over the summer I had let my hair grow a little long, but I hated having it in my face so this morning I just gelled it back. I thought it looked really good! I had seen a guy on TV with his hair this way and it looked good on him as well!! I'm not sure exactly what stood out about me to everybody, though. The only thing wrong with my clothes was that they were a little tight, but they were clean and I must say I looked really handsome. Maybe I'll never understand the way this city works....

~the next day~

Today was my first tutor session with Jonghyun. He and Sunggyu laughed at me again this morning. I don't know what they were laughing about, but I'm sure I don't want to know. After the school day ended, I walked back to the math class. I saw Jonghyun already sitting there in his desk and he glared up at me. Is this how teachers feel when they enter a class?! 

"Hello" I greeted flatly.

"Hey." he replied with even less enthusiasm (if thats possible). I opened my book and he opened his. I started talking about what was on the page first and he started snickering. I looked up to see him painfully holding in his laughs.

"What?" I furrowed my brows in frusteration. I knew this laugh...

"Dude~" he said between laughs "You really gotta fix your hair." and he slowly started gaining his composure. I stood up.

"I'm not dealing with this." I muttered and started to leave, but he grabbed my wrist. I spun around quickly and ripped my arm away from him. He looked like a puppy for a minute. He obviously doesn't want to be here, so why is he asking me to stay?!

"Sorry" he said, "I'll behave, teacher." he gave me an aegyo face and he seemed to be joking around with me like he would with his friends. What was up with this guy?! First he laughs behind my back, then he laughs to my face, then he decides to be friendly!! I'm just doing what Mrs. Jang assigned me to do. I started teaching him again and he actually seemed to grasp the concepts quickly. If he could understand this so well, why couldnt he at least pass the class? We didn't argue for the whole session, but then again we hardly talked about anything but math. As I stood up when we finished and started putting on my coat he asks,

"So where are you from?" I was shocked and he honestly looked curious. I stated the name of the little town and he nodded. 

"My aunt used to live there. She tried to start a bakery, but I guess it just didn't work out for her." as he said this I remembered her. Like I said, everyone knew everyone. Her name was Bongsoon and she was actually really nice. 

"Yeah~" i nodded "She lived down the street from my grandma. Kim Bongsoon?" and his eyes lit up

"Yes! How do you know?!" I'm starting to think that this polite, friendly, smart person was NOT the Kim Jonghyun who was in my first hour math class. I explained about how the town was so little and he just seemed blown away by the fact that we were all so closely knit. After I explained my situation of trying to adapt, he gave me a look of understanding.

"I moved here during my second year." he said "I had a rough first few weeks...it'll get better." he kind of smiled 

"Thanks." i didn't know how else to respond. Were we actually bonding? We both left and headed for home. This kid was such a mystery to me. I'd bet all of my money that tomorrow he'll be the same jack that he was yesterday.

~*Kibum's P.O.V*~

I went the whole second day without seeing Taemin in the halls, but the counselors usually do a good job at keeping the freshman classes at a healthy distance from upper classmen. I walked the same hallway towards the dance room even though I hadn't planned on going to dance. I saw him at his locker again. He really was a cute kid. I hope I didn't scare him when I told him that I missed him last night. I mean I wasn't lying...we had had so much fun practicing together. When I first showed him my dance he looked really shocked and impressed, the way he was looking at me was a little more than 'impressed' but I think I liked it...I shouldnt feel this way about a freshman....THAT I JUST MET! Oh gosh Kibum! why are you like this?! 

I kept walking down the hall, he didn't notice that I was approaching so I sneaked up behind him and covered his eyes with my hands. He yelped and quickly spun around. Putting my hands on my hips I gave him the best 'what the hell' face I could. He couldn't even play along?! aish~

"Oh!" he said when he saw me "I'm sorry~ you startled me." he blushed and it looked so cute on him I couldn't be mad! It was silent for a second. Damn Kibum...you're scaring the child!!

"So how was your second day?" I asked, trying to sound as cheerful as I could. Honestly, mine was horrible. My chemistry teacher already assigned 50 problems for homework and I was NOT even about to do it. 

He smiled, making me melt...just a little bit.... "It was fine." and he paused "Is it bad that I'm already looking forward to summer break?"

I couldn't keep in my burst of laughter. This kid was so innocent and sweet, it hurt. I patted his shoulder

"I totally understand." and I had an amazing idea "Here, how about we go get some ice cream or something? To relax from the stressful second day of high school." I was half teasing him, but half serious. He agreed and after he packed all of his books into his bag we left the school. 

I feel so comfortable with him, it feels like we've been friends for years!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE!!

woahhhh this chapter was a little longer than expected...I feel like it was a tad boring and rambling...I promise to do better later! I was just kind of donig some character development and such. I hope you can hear the voice that I hear in my head as I write each part, I try to make them different to fit how each character would feel...anyway! Comment~ subscribe~ love!<3

-Haley(: