2

Hamster Charger

Kihyun sighed as he pressed his lips together rather tightly as he struggled no to be bothered by, again, another Minhyuk and Hyungwon’s loud and ridiculous fights and fun session. For God’s sake, it wasn’t like it was in the middle of a day light and it wasn’t like the two of them were inside something like soundproof studio, alone. It was a damn small van, in the middle of the night, with eight damn people in it. And God damn it, Hyungwon was seated next to the driver seat and Minhyuk was seated on the back seat, meanwhile he was seated on the middle seat, which basically made him seated in the middle of the hell. 

Well, Kihyun knew it, he always knew it that no matter what happened loud people were loud no matter what time it was. Worst, Minhyuk was even louder when he was too tired that he couldn’t put himself to sleep. Sometimes, it was because of the energy drink they drank before, but sometimes, it was generally just because of that one hyper and happy soul inside of Lee Minhyuk. 

Hyungwon loved to sleep, he was basically the personification of the word ‘sleep’ itself. But he was goofy. He was way too goofy and naturally funny with his poetic creative brain and all so cool yet funny self. He wasn’t as loose as Minhyuk but he made sure he didn’t get left behind by the fun and that one clown, Minhyuk boy. 

There was another loud shriek of Minhyuk and then laughter and Kihyun’s eye twitched. 

“Excuse me, ahjussi,” Kihyun can’t take it anymore. “Ahjussi? Excuse me, ahjussi,” Kihyun said again as heglared at Hyungwon and Minhyuk in turn. 

“Yes? Yes?” Minhyuk answered with that infamous wide smile still pasted on his lips.

“Please, I am trying to sleep, here, for God’s sake, please, please, shut your mouth and be quiet,” Kihyun said sternly. “Ok?”.

There was this silence between them before suddenly, another wide smile and giggled bloomed and exploded from Minhyuk. 

“Pleathe? Thleep? Ith Yoo Kihyun boy going to thleep?” Minhyuk said as he mocked Kihyun’s damned lisp and then those long fingers lifted up and started to knead on Kihyun’s cheeks. 

Kihyun was surprised by the realization that he was probably just set himself as the prey right in front of these comedians. 

“Don’t touch me,” Kihyun said as he shived Minhyul’s hands away and sat himself back, closing his eyes, folding his arms on his chest.

Then, there was this short calm time before suddenly there was this loud, deep singing voice singing R&B, but it wasn’t Minhyuks’ . it was Changkyun and his will to explore every corner of R&B world. Then, Minhyuk and Hyungwon’s laughter were heard again. Soon, the three of them were singing the poor song that was now became more and more unrecognizable because of the efforts to make it more and more R&B-ish. 

“So noisy!” Kihyun snapped as he covered his ears with both of his palms. “So noisy, so noisy, hey, ahjussi!”.

“Tho noithy, to noithy, hey ahjuthi,”.

Alas, now the R&B song had changed the lyrics in to his lisp.

“You sound like a whole village right now! Get out! Get out of this car!”

“Woaaaah, woah, you, tiny meanie! How can you tell us to get out of this car while it’s moving this fast in the middle of the night, woah, you’re really the best, Yoo Kihyun,” Minhyuk responded, amused, laughed, exaggerated, played victim. 

“Hyung, hyung, Kihyun hyung told us to get off! I think you should unlock the car and let us jump,” Changkyun retorted to Hongshik, the manager who was driving the car. 

Kihyun opened his eyes and mouth wide, surprised with those retaliation, as he stared at Minhyuk and Changkyun who was now doing this weird high five while everyone else was laughing. Even now, robot Hyunwoo who was sleeping before was awaken up and looked around before he joined the laugh with that awkward laugh. Kihyun sure Hyunwoo was laughing without understood anything happened. Which slowly turned the frown on Kihyun’s face into a smiling lips and giggles and his soundless laughter. 

“Hey, ahjussi, do you know what just happened?” Kihyun asked. 

“Yes?” Hyunwoo answered with his awkward sleepy face.

“Why were you laughing? DO you know what was happening?” Kihyun repeated.

“No..” Hyunwoo said robotically, honestly, innocently and everyone was laughing again. “But upon seeing the frown on your face and their laugh, apparently, they just pulled a joke, with you as the victim,” Hyunwoo said calmly again. 

“No, hyung! Hyung! This person here was telling us to get off the car,” Hyunwon protested.

“No, hyung, i—“.

“Hyung, how can a person trying to make people jump out of the moving car in the middle of the night like this?! That’s so unhumanly and against the law!” Changkyun said. 

“Hyung, no, i—“.

“Woah, Yoo Kihyun, woah, you’re really the beth,” Minhyuk said, again, mocking his lisp and that shut Kihyun’s mouth.

“Hyung! Hyung, how can you sleep while they were so noisy like that? You’re indeed a robot!” Kihyun retaliated and now everyone, including him, was laughing, except for Hyunwoo that was left only with his sleepy awkward smile. 

The car was as noisy as always even in the middle of the night. Kihyun was now joining the R&B team and singing whatever came to mind. He also roasted the members one by one using his sensitive and  annoying mischievous self. 

Until the night went deeper and now, Kihyun was the only one who wasn’t asleep. The sleeping time had passed and now he wasn’t sleepy anymore. He was too tired to sleep that now he was just dazing, looking at the air across the van window next to him, didn’t feel hot or cold, didn’t feel sleepy or hungry at all. 

He tried to close his eye and all, he was trying to get some sleep, but his head was so empty that he was opening his eyes unconsciously and then continued to stare at the air next to the van window. He felt so light tho. 

He was all daydreaming until he felt someone trying to fix the jacket on top of his body that he used as a blanket. 

“Ah, hyung?” Kihyun said as he found Hyunwoo was now seating next to him and was fixing the jacket so it covered his tiny build, his firm and rether warm chest was against his arm and it made him kind of warm.

“You don’t sleep?” Hyunwoo asked quietly as he looked out of the windows. 

Kihyun just sighed. 

“I’m screwed. I can’[t sleep,” Kihyun said softly. 

“You aren’t sleepy?” Hyunwoo asked as he fixed his jacket and took a comfortable position on his seat.

“I don’t know, I feel light,” Kihyun said. “Maybe, I just need to wait a little more and then I’ll be sleepy,” Kihyun said softly as he stared blankly at his covered-by-jacket lap. 

But then he saw shadows moved and when he looked up, he found Hyunwoo was bent down, trying to meet his eyes, and they met. 

“Are you asleep?” Hyunwoo asked calmly. “Did you say something? Your eyes look kinda dreamy,” Hyunwoo asked.  

Kihyun shook his head although he was sure he was saying something about he will fall asleep if he wait a little more. 

“I think I said it in my head… I think,” Kihyun whispered. 

“Hm?” Hyunwoo asked for a repeat because he heard Kihyun mumbled to himself again. 

“No, no…” Kihyun shook his head again before he sighed and he shifted a little on his seat, Hyunwoo’s warm arm was against his and it was so warming. 

Hyunwoo watched Kihyun shifted on his seat and then instead of staring at the air across the window, Kihyun was now staring at his side, specifically his upper arm. Soon, those pale short fingers were grabbing and kneading on it like Kihyun always do. Hyunwoo was used to him asking himself about the reason his arms became so interesting for people around him. 

It was ordinary, nothing was unusual, everyone espescially Kihyun and Changkyun took chances to talk and played with it. Even Changkyun biting him was nothing unusual. So Hyunwoo let him be and let himself fell asleep again. 

It was right after he closed his eyes, something hard hit his shoulder. Hyunwoo opened his eyes in instant and watched what happened on his shoulder. And there was Kihyun’s forehead flat on his shoulder in an awkward angle. 

“Kihyun-ah?” Hyunwoo tried called him as he chuckeld in amusement. “Kihyun-ah,” Hyunwoo held Kihyun’s shoulder and tried to push him away gently so the angle could change but it was waking Kihyun up instead. 

Kihyun looked around with confused face but once he found Hyunwoo’s shoulder he clung to it and leaned the side of his head on it. 

Hyunwoo blinked with mixed feelings. Hyunwoo bent his body to see Kihyun’s face and he found him sleeping soundlessly. So, he fixed the jacket on top Kihyun and then he tried to close his eyes again. 


***

I didn’t plan to use this concept at all but it ended up this way   a  g  a  i  n   and so I decided to put this in Hamster Charger :””””│

 

and yes, thi is totally and completely inspired by the interview session on that radio abt Kihyun told Hyungwon and Minhyuk to ge out of the car while it was moving on the road.