1

Hamster Charger

“Hyungwon-ah, wake up,”.

 

Hyunwoo who was sitting down opened one of his eyes and peeked at Kihyun’s stern face after the 4th call.

 

“Hyungwon-ah, wake up, hurry. Wake up! Wake up!”.

 

This time Kihyun sprayed some mist on top of Hyungwon’s face and Hyungwon moved while mumbling something with hoarse voice.

 

“Wake up, wake up,” Kihyun said sternly and Hyunwoo walked out of the room. He walked to the bathroom and waited for Joohoen and Changkyun to finish brushing their teeth before he went in.

 

Today, they will be having some different practices for each member, such as vocal practice for the vocalist and some rap practice for the rapper, before they gather together to attend the dance practices. Some of them will also work on some tracks such as recording and mastering. Meanwhile, Hoseok, Jooheon, and Changkyun will probably went to the office to continue finishing their tracks later. Then maybe Kihyun will be there with one of them to do the featuring or something.

 

Hyunwoo finished brushing his teeth and washing his face after a while. He went out to the kitchen and met Kihyun’s back on the kitchen counter just like another morning in their dorm, doing dishes and then washing some vegetables. Changkyun was there, next to him cracking some eggs into a bowl. Meanwhile, Minhyuk and Jooheon was in the living room, watching some morning shows for kids. They looked so focused and interested in that and that was kind of interesting. There was no one else at the kitchen but Hyunwoo just knew where Hoseok and Hyungwon was. Hoseok was probably trying some outfits out and mix matching it, in no time he will be seeing Hoseok asking everyone about which one looked better on him today. In other hand, Hyungwon was probably still struggling sitting himself up maybe started to walk to the bathroom with closed eyes.

 

“We don’t have kimchi? We don’t have any kimchi left?” Kihyun asked as he rumbled his chubby hands inside the refrigerator. “Yah, Changkyun-ah, we don’t have kimchi left” Kihyun said as Changkyun walked to him.

 

“Really?” Changkyun asked as he tried to look for it inside the messy refrigerator. ‘Ouh, smell, ewh…” Changkyun frowned and then he looked at Kihyun. “Should I buy it?”. “I’ll buy it with Jooheon hyung, I’ll be right back,” Changkyun said waiting for Kihyun’s approval.

 

“I’ll go, I’ll go buy it, you help Kihyun,” Hyunwoo said.

 

Hyunwoo watched both Kihyun and Changkyun turned their heads fast to him.

 

“What do we need? Kimchi only?” Hyunwoo asked.

 

“Um… Dried seaweed, um… honey, and honey. Also…” Kihyun said before he looked at the opened refrigerator again. “Um… do we need shrimp for Hyungwon? Nope… umm… dumplings for Jooheon… umm, yes, dumplings. And… Changkyun-ah, you need something?” Kihyun asked as he closed the refrigerator.

 

“No, hyung, I’m fine,” Changkyun said.

 

“Um…” Kihyun mumbled as he tiptoed and opened the kitchen cupboard. “Ramyeon, I think Hoseok hyung will need more of it,” Kihyun said. “So….” Kihyun said and he walked fast to the living room to look for some small piece of paper and wrote everything down there. “Hyungwon-ah, you’ve woken up, right?” Kihyun said as he held the little paper on his chest and walked to Hyungwon’s room.

 

“Yeees,” Hyungwon answered from the bathroom.

 

“Do you need something?” Kihyun asked as he stood in front of the bathroom. “Hyunwoo hyung will go to the convenience store, do you need something?”.

 

“Shrimp, shrimp,” Hyungwon answered. “Also, this vitamin C drink, you know’.

 

“Alright,” Kihyun said and wrote it down. “Yah, this, whose is this?!” Kihyun asked as he saw a lonely blue underwear on the couch on his way to Jooheon and Minhyuk whose attention was all up to the kid show they were watching. “Yah, Minhyuk-ah!” Kihyun said as he grabbed the underwear and bring it to Minhyuk.

 

“Yes?” Minhyuk turned his head.

 

“It’s yours right?” Kihyun frowned.

 

Minhyuk laughed shyly as he took the blue clothe from Kihyun’s hand.

 

“I’m sorry, I forgot…” Minhyuk said.

 

“Do you need something? Hyunwoo hyung will be going to the convenience store,”still with frowns on his face Kihyun asked.

 

“Convenience store? Can I go with him? I’ll go with him!” Jooheon said cheerfully.

 

“Kihyun-ah, Kihyun-ah,” Hoseok called as he walked to the three people on the living room, bare chest.

 

Hyunwoo giggled as he sat himself down on the chair on the dining table once he saw Hoseok came with a pair of shirt in shades of blue. They were all blue for Hyunwoo but it wasn’t just blue for Hoseok.

 

“Which one?” Hoseok asked as he looked at his sky-blue t-shirt and a little bit darker sky-blue t-shirt in turns. “I’ll be wearing this black ripped-jeans and a cap, a red one, I think.

 

Hyunwoo saw Kihyun sighed as he frowned again as he looked at the t-shirts offered in front of him.

 

“I’m this one!” Minhyuk said as he pointed the light sky blue.

 

“Me too, me too,” Joheon said.

 

“Me too,” Kihyun said. “This one, the light one,” Kihyun said. “And… do you need something hyung? Hyunwoo hyung will be going to the convenience store,”.

 

“No, no, thanks,” Hoseok said and he flee to kitchen to ask for Changkyun and Hyunwoo’s opinions.

 

“Yah, they are all sky-blue, just wear one of them,” Hyunwoo giggled.

 

“What did Joohen hyung picked?” Changkyun asked.

 

“The light one,” Hosoek said.

 

“Um… I like the darker one tho…”.

 

“Me too,” Hyunwoo said. “The darker one,”.

 

“The darker one is better for today right? I also think like that! The darker one then!” Hoseok said with a wide smile and wore the shirt while walking back to his room.

 

 “Here,” Kihyun said as he gave Hyunwoo the paper.

 

“Hyung, I’ll come along!” Jooheon said cheerfully and Hyunwoo nodded before he read the paper.

 

“Don’t buy anything unnecessary,” Kihyun said while pointing his finger at Jooheon and Hyunwoo in turn before he went back to Changkyun who was making an unplanned scrambled egg.

 

“Kihyun-ah,” Shownu called.

 

“Yes?” Kihyun said.

 

“Do you want anything?” Hyunwoo asked.

 

Kihyun frowned. “I’ve wrote everything there”.

 

“No, no, not us, not them. You,” Hyunwoo asked.

 

“Ah, that’s right hyung, what do you need?” Jooheon asked.

 

“Me… um… um… ” Kihyun said. “Oh, this, this… what do you call it… um… mosquito repellent,”.

 

“Alright, “ Hyunwoo said. “Let’s go, Jooheon-ah,”.

 

Kihyun went back to Changkyun and Hyunwoo and Jooheon put on their shoes.

 

The world tour was over and now they were worked so hard to prepare for the comeback.  Well, they were on fire and were of course gratefully stuck with heavy practices every day. Catching cold and sore throat and body were unavoidable. Everyone seemed to be losing some weight and some looked even more lethargic except for the practice time. Even then, because it was another awaited come back, they had to maintain their appearances and keeping the fans around with some smiley updates on their sns.

 

After some fast, quiet breakfast with kimbab and chicken soup made by Kihyun, they started their day practicing and practicing hard.

 

Almost everyone was back to the dorm in different time. Hyungwon, Changkyun, and Minhyuk went to dorm first right after they finished their group dance practice at 3 AM. While Hoseok and Jooheon went to fix their tracks in the office right after the group dance practice ended. Probably finished later at 6 or 7 in the morning. Hyunwoo stayed longer in the dance studio for a little to make sure every move was perfect. He monitored today’s last group dance practice and tried to note some evaluation for everyone to be fixed at tomorrow practice. Meanwhile Kihyun was taking another round of vocal practice.

 

Hyunwoo came back to the dorm at 4 AM. He checked on Minhyuk, Hyungwon and Changkyun and found them slept like a log in their rooms. There were clothes, training pants, socks and some boxer here and there, everywhere on the dorm as he walked to the bathroom to take a quick shower. the sink was also still filled with the dirty dishes.

 

Hyunwoo took a quick shower and went to sleep right away, bare chest as always.

*

“Ehm.. ehm…” Hyunwoo tried to do something with his dry throat and was immediately waking up to drink some water.

 

He sat on his bed and found out that it was already 6 in the morning. Hoseok was there, sleeping on his own bed. The dorm was already so dark. Hyunwoo checked out the other bedroom and found Jooheon was also sleeping on his own bed, but Kihyun’s bed was still empty. The living room was cleaner than before. Well at least the socks and shirts were gathered in some different places.

 

He walked to the kitchen to took a glass of water. The kitchen wasn’t completely dark  when he found someone was sitting there on one of the dining chair with a towel on his head, only shone by the street light and maybe the moon or something.

 

Hyunwoo was filling a mug with water now he found out that the sink was all empty. Hyunwoo then sat next to him, emptying it.

 

Well, Kihyun wasn’t asleep. He was just sitting there, staring at the air, with an almost empty glass of honey water on the table.

 

Hyunwoo stared at him and thought that probably Kihyun didn’t realize him there yet.

 

“Kihyun-ah,” Hyunwoo called.

 

Kihyun didn’t even blink.

 

“Kihyun-ah,” Hyunwoo called again.

 

Kihyun still didn’t move at all.

 

“Kihyun-ah?” Hyunwoo called again and started to think that probably Kihyun was sleeping with opened eyes. “Kihyun-ah? Kihyun-ah,” Hyunwoo said again, now he tried to gently pat Kihyun’s pale chubby hand rested on the table. “Kihyun-ah,” he held the hand and gave him a gentle pull.

 

Kihyun blinked as he held his neck with his other hand just gently. He looked at Hyunwoo.

 

“Oh, hyung, hyung, you’re here, ehm…” Kihyun said and then tried to comfort his sore throat.

 

Hyunwoo hummed and nodded as answer. Then he watched Kihyun slowly dazed again.

 

“You ok?” Hyunwoo asked as he bent his back a little and tilted his head a little to get a better view of Kihyun’s face.

 

Kihyun looked up and so Hyunwoo straightened his bac while kept his eyes on Kihyun.

 

“Everyone is like this,” Kihyun answered. “No one feels that well… I don’t feel that well…” Kihyun said probably unconsciously, in a very small voice that Hyunwoo had to bent down a little again and leaned his ear closer to Kihyun’s lips.

 

Hyunwoo straightened up his back and watched Kihyun’s dazing face. A small frown appeared unconsciously on his face.

 

“Maybe, maybe you shouldn’t be moving too much since you’re kinda tiny,” Shownu said quietly.

 

Hyunwo flinched a little when Kihyun unusually responded so quickly this time.

 

“What? Did you say something about tiny build? Did you say something about me being tiny?” Kihyun asked.

 

Hyunwoo surprised at how fast Kihyun responded upon the word even at this kind of dazing state.

 

“No, I mean, it’s, you, it feels like I am seeing a hamster on the wheel you know, it will be tired if it moves too much. Well, everyone is—”

 

“Hyung!” Kihyun protested, getting more offended the more Hyunwoo tried to explain it.

 

Hyunwoo shut his mouth and sighed.

 

“I mean, you shouldn’t over-worked yourself. No one should,”.

 

Kihyun shut his mouth as he glared at the giant oaf in front of him. But hyunwoo watched it, how the glare slowly went back to empty stare at the air.

 

Hyunwoo scratched his head upon the switching hot and cold personality of the smaller one. Yoo Kihyun was small but he felt like a very spicy small chili. It felt like he almost made some kind of a small animal trying to attack him.

 

“Kihyun-ah,” he called him quietly. “Kihyun-ah,” Hyunwoo called again as he gently shook Kihyun’s hand on his hand.

 

Kihyun blinked and he looked up to him again.

 

“Kihyun-ah, finish this first,” Hyunwoo said as he held the glass of honey water and let Kihyun held it.

 

Kihyun blinked again and stared at Hyunwoo.

 

“Yes…?” Kihyun answered with little voice.

 

“Finish it first and go sleep,” Hyunwoo said quietly.

 

“I can’t sleep…” Kihyun said softly.

 

“No, you will,” Hyunwoo said. “Now finish this first,”. “Kihyun-ah, finish it first,” Hyunwoo repeated as Kihyun started to daze again.

 

Kihyun brought the glass to his lips and emptying it while closing his eyes. He then put the glass back on the table.

 

“Let’s sleep,” Hyunwoo said immediately as held Kihyun’s hand again and gave it a tug to prevent unnecessary time that allowed Kihyun to daze again.

 

Kihyun looked around while blinking when Hyunwoo stood up and pulling him up along with him. He looked confused and ended up stared at Hyunwoo.

 

“Let’s go,” Hyunwoo said as he took a step to the bedroom. But then he saw Kihyun said something with a super small voice while looking at the air again. “What?” Hyunwoo asked as he leaned his ear closer to the smaller one.

 

“I’ve to brush my teeth...” Kihyun said with a soft voice.

 

Hyunwoo frowned a little as he can’t believe that clean and tidy side of Kihyun that won’t disappear even when he was in this kind state of mind.

 

“Ok, ok, let’s go brush your teeth first,” Hyunwoo said as he pulled Kihyun to the bathroom. Make sure Kihyun was brushing his teeth instead of staring at the air again and then he watched him by the door.

 

After that, Hyunwoo held Kihyun’s wrist and lead him to his bedroom because Kihyun started to daze again right after he spit out the gargling water. But Kihyun started to cling to his upper arm so he let go off his wrist and let him knead at it like usual on the way to Kihyun’s shared bedroom.

 

There were these shorts and shirts on Kihyun’s bed which Hyunwoo believed none of them was Kihyun’s so Hyunwoo just took it and put it on the edge of Jooheon’s bed before he let Kihyun sat there.

 

“Sleep,” Hyunwoo said as Kihyun laid himself down on his side, facing Hyunwoo, under the blanket.

 

But again, those tired eyes weren’t closing at all and instead just stared at the air.

 

Hyunwoo frowned unconsciously as he watched Kihyun. He sighed while squatting down next to his bed.

 

“Kihyun-ah, sleep,” Hyunwoo tried to remind him.

 

Kihyun blinked and nodded before he closed his eyes for a while. But just when Hyunwoo got up, Kihyun opened his eyes again and started his dazing ritual.

 

Hyunwoo sighed.

 

“Scoot over,” Hyunwoo said as he sat on the bed and laid himself down there.

 

Hyunwoo was on his side to give Kihyun some space.

 

Well, this was unusual for him to sleep at someone else’s bed. Changkyun. Jooheon, Minhyuk, Kihyun, Hoseok, well, basically almost everyone but him sometimes moved and slept together at one’s bed. Usually, it was someone else who moved and sleep on Hyunwoo’s bed and not the other way around. But Kihyun was helpless and the comeback was close.

 

“Close your eyes,” Hyunwoo said. “Close your eyes, try to sleep,” Hyunwoo said as he watched Kihyun obeyed his words. “I’ll be here, so I’ll know if you’re not sleeping. Pretend to sleep, just pretend to sleep, You’ll fall asleep then” Hyunwoo said as he patted Kihyun’s arm gently.

 

Hyunwoo watched Kihyun’s face closely while patting and caressing his arms gently. Finally, he saw Kihyun’s chest moving up and sown calmly indicating the stable breath when he was asleep after a while more of gentle pats and caresses. Hyunwoo stopped and pulled the blanket up to Kihyun’s neck and laid on his back. He sighed as he stared at the air before he closed his eyes.

 

Just right when Hyunwoo was about to fell into his slumber, there, Kihyun was again, clung to his upper arms and kneading on them. Hyunwoo turned his head and watched Kihyun closed his eyes again.

 

Well, it was comforting the gentle kneads of those warm chubby pale hands on his tan upper arms. Hyunwoo was falling asleep when the kneads went even gentler and gentler as Kihyun slowly got into his slumber too.

 

 

*

 

 

 

It was 11 AM and Kihyun stretched his body on the bed with still closed eyes. But his eyes opened widely when he felt some warmer skin and muscles on his arm.

 

“O, yah, that surprised me,” Kihyun said, flinched and he pulled his arms from Hyunwoo’s bare chest into his own chest. He was wide awake immediately.

 

Just then, Hyunwoo stretched his arms and opened his eyes.

 

“Hyung?” Kihyun said in protest but then his brain started to proceed the memories of the things happened last night.

 

Kihyun watched Hyunwoo looked around and stared at him for a while before a dumb smile cracked on his face because Kihyun looked funny with his surprised big eyes and opened mouth.

 

Annyeong, Kihyun-ah,” Hyunwoo said before he looked for clock on the night stand and then on the wall. He sat up, back facing Kihyun, once he found out the sun was high already.

 

Hyunwoo turned his head just to found Kihyun still proceeding the things happened right now right there and the things happened last night while sitting himself up. A soft smile cracked up on Hyunwoo’s face.

 

“Kihyun-ah,” Hyunwoo called.

 

“Yes? Yes, hyung?” Kihyun said in surprised.

 

“Can you cook me ramyeon?” Hyunwoo asked.

 

“Uh, sure, sure, hyung,” Kihyun said immediately.

 

“Uh? Hyunwoo hyung?”.

 

Kihyun and Hyunwoo turned their heads immediately and found Jooheon with a surprised face.

 

“You’re here, hyung?” Minhyuk asked while watching Hyunwoo with squinted eyes.

 

“Ramyeon, ok? I’m starving,” Hyunwoo said quietly with a straight face as always, as he patted Kihyun’s cheek just gently, probably to wake him up from anything making his head busy, enough to surprise Kihyun once again.

 

“Y, yes, hyung,” Kihyun said and watched Hyunwoo’s broad back getting out of the room.

 

“Hyunwoo hyung sleep here last night?” Minhyuk asked.

 

Kihyun nodded with frowns on his face, still trying to believe the memories provided in his head.

 

“There? With you, hyung?” Jooheon asked.

 

“My, my head say yes,” Kihyun said as he confusedly stared at Jooheon and Minhyuk in turns. But once he saw some mischievous annoying smile on Minhyuk’s face, he quickly got off his bed. “Cha, Changkyun-ah, wake up,” he said and then took the mist and walked out from the room.

 

Hyunwoo was putting on some black t-shirt when Kihyun walked into the room.

 

“Hoseok hyung, Hyungwon-ah, wake up,” Kihyun started the morning ritual. “Hyungwon-ah, Hyungwon-ah, wake up. Hyungwon-ah,” he said. “Chae Hyungwon,”. “Wake up, wake up,”. “Hyungwon-ah, wake up, wake up!” he sprayed some mist on top of Hyungwon’s face.

 

Hyunwoo smiled unconsciously watching it.

 

“Hyungwon-ah, wake up. Listen to Kihyun. Wake up,” Hyunwoo said as he changed his shorts.

 

Kihyun stared at Hyunwoo, pulling the mist bottle to his chest, while holding back his smile.

 

“Yah,yah, yah” Hyunwoo said quietly as he put his hands on the pockets of his shorts with stern face.

 

"What the heck.... why does Hyunwoo hyung al--".

 

"Hurry, come out, come out," Hyunwoo said.

 

"Come on, hyung" Hyungwon mumbled again.

 

"Hurry up," Hyunwoo said again as he stared at Hyungwon. "Yah, Minhyuk-ah Minhyuk-a--".

 

"Ah, no, not that Lee Minhyu--".

 

"Yes, appa?" Minhyuk, cheerfully,  appeared while headlocking Jooheon whom he just kicked a few times to wake him up. 

 

Hyungwon sighed as he sat himself up.

 

That morning was unusual because instead of the annoyed sensitive Kihyun’s voice screaming the haunting sentence of “Hyungwon-ah, wake up!” the dorm filled up with Kihyun’s satisfied and almost wicked high-pitched laughter.

 

***