Paper Crane (Ong Sungwoo)

Wanna One Oneshot Compilation

It was Wednesday, a normal peaceful day at school before....

"ONG SUNGWOO!!!!!!" she scream, turning all eyes to her. She walks towards his desk and slammed the book in front of him.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY BOOK?" she asked, filled with anger. Sungwoo smirk and take the book from her hand.

"Your book? This is my book" he claim. Hyunmi looked at him with a death glare.

"What do you mean it's your book? It's mine! It's my handwriting! Why did you change my name to yours?" her face is red and her eyes start to form tears. Sungwoo sigh annoyingly before he change the name on the book at give it to her.

"There, stingy~" he hissed and walk pass her. Hyunmi rolled her eyes and landed it on the book.

-Lee SHORT Hyunmi-

"YAAAHHH! I'm not that short!" she growled at him. Sungwoo turns around and walk towards her, he place his arm on her head.

"What did you say again? Shorty?" he laugh and messed up her hair. Hyunmi was so mad that she grab his hand and harshly bite it, making him screamed in pain.

"Yaahh! Enough with the fact you're short, want me to call you a rat?!" he rubbed his arm that have Hyunmi's teeth signature on it.

"I'm not short you idiot!" she slap his arm and turns her back to him.

"Really?" he slowly approaches her and rests his arm on her head, again.

"You're short enough for me to call you short" he said and walks out the class.

'THIS BOY!!! He is so freaking annoying!!' She cursed in her head and walks toward her desk. She breathe in and out, trying to calm herself down.

"Yahhh, you're okay?" Nayeon came and sit next to her. She turns her head to Nayeon and start crying.

"Hyunmi yaa, why are you crying?" she asked as she patted her back to calm her down.

"Why.....Why is he like that?"

*********

*The next day*

"What should I do to her today?" he touched his chin and think.

"Should I put a frog in her bag? Or a cockroach? Hurm... I know!" he smirks and took two things from his table and put it in his bag before he walks out his house.

'I just love to see that rat's face'

...

"Annyeong~" Hyunmi greeted Jihyo as she enters the class and walks toward her desk.

"Annyeong~!" she replied with a huge grins on her face. Hyunmi raised one brow,

"Yaa,whats with the face?" she asked. Just when Jihyo about to say something, someone knocks the door.

"Annyeonghaseyo, can I borrowed Jihyo for a while?" a handsome face appears by the doors. Hyunmi looked at the boy from head to toe, and back to Jihyo.

"Who is he?" she asked. Jihyo smiled mischievously.

"He's Sungwoon... My boyfriend" she said and walks towards him.

"Morning baby~" Sungwoon planted a kiss on her forehead, making her blush.

"Morning morning~" she greets cutely.

"I'm hungry" he pouts and tapped his stomach.

"Accompany me for a breakfast will you, my princess?" he said as he entwined their fingers.

"It will be my pleasure, my prince" she tease. Sungwoon lightly pinch her nose and walks with her to the café.

"I want to have a boyfriend too" Hyunmi sighed as she saw the couple walks away. She slowly sits on her chair without realizing that there's eyes' watching her.

"I should get my English book" she said and start searching her bag.

"Oh? This is not it" she put the book in back before pulling another.

"This is not it too" she said, panicking. She searched inside her bag and her English book is nowhere to be found.

"I'm so dead" she mumbled. She turns around and saw Sungwoo staring at her.

"What are you looking at, dork?" she growled. Sungwoo smirk and walks towards her.

"s" he said, he took a glance of her before he walks out the class. Hyunmi quickly cross her arms on her chest and screamed,

"BYUNTAE!!"

"Yahhh, who are you calling byuntae?" Hira asked as she took her seat in front of her.

"That idiot Sungwoo! He just stared at my chest!!" her face turns red in a few second. Hira, on the other hand, was laughing her heart out.

"Pabo Sungwoo! How could he say that to you!" she laughs even harder.

"Yeah, Sungwoo is a pabo!" she pouts and focused back to Hira who still have her bag on her shoulder.

"Yahh, you just arrived?" she asked. Hira nodded,

"Yup! Daniel fetch me, we have our breakfast outside before heading to school" she smiled. Suddenly, Nayeon and Jihyo came with smiled plastered on their face.

"What's with the face guys? You're freaking me out" Hyunmi looked at the two girls with weird eyes.

"Jaehwan walked me too school"

"Sungwoon feed me"

The two girls are lost in their world. Hyunmi sigh and turn to Hira who was laughing the whole time.

"Is this how girls normally react when they're in love?" Hyunmi asked her, she nodded with a smile.

"Yups, it's normal though" she pulls out her English book. Hyunmi starts to panic again.

"Where's my book?" she whined.

"Try looking inside your drawer" Jihyo suggest. Hyunmi nodded and lowered her head.

"Oh?" her eyes widen.

"What is this?" she took out a paper crane from her drawer. She saw pen marks on the crane and decided to open the folds.

[Annyeonghaseyo~ Park Hyunmi-ssi,  

I don't know how to say this, but I think I've fall for you. What should I do?

-SLATE]

"Who is 'Slate'?" Hyunmi mumbled.

"Whats wrong?" Nayeon turn to see Hyunmi's eyebrows meet. Hyunmi showed the paper to Nayeon.

"Who is Slate?" she asked her. Hyunmi shook her head.

"I don't know" she sighs. Her eyes wonders around the class and stop at Sungwoo who is sleeping with his head on his desk.

'Could it be, that this 'Slate' boy is you?'

Hyunmi sigh and place the paper in her file before the door opened and their home teacher came in.

"Good morning guys" he greets. The students stand up and bow before taking their seat again.

'Please don't use textbook, please don't use textbook' Hyunmi prayed.

"Okay, take out your textbook now"

"I'm doomed!" she sigh. Hyunmi pretend to look for her book in her bag although she knows it's not there.

"I want to see your book on your table, now" Mr. Kim said, making Hyunmi's face turns pale. She clear and bend down to check her drawer before he stretch her arm in to fetch something.....

"AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Hyunmi fall down her chair before a cockroach runs out from a box she found in her drawer to her arm, making her scream again.

"OOOONG SUUUUNG WOOOOO!!!!" she screamed the culprit's name. The other looked at her and laugh, except for her best friend and.... Sungwoo...

'Am I being too hard on her?'

"Ong Sung Woo!" Mr. Kim growled. Sungwoo stands up and lowered down his head.

"How long do you want to be in detention today?" he asked as he walks towards him and slammed his desk.

"5 hours should be enough" he hissed.

"How about.... NO?" he suggest.

"Well said ssaem, detention won't work for me anymore" Sungwoo said, arrogantly. Mr. Kim grins.

"Nayeon-ssi?" he called. Nayeon immediately stands up.

"N-Ne?"

"You'll be sitting next to Minhyun from now on and Sungwoo-ssi? You'll be sitting beside Hyunmi-ssi" he decide.

"MWOO??" Six people screamed. Yes, six... Hyunmi, Sungwoo, Minhyun, Nayeon, Hira and Jihyo. Hira turned around and look at her in sympathy.

"Be strong..." she said. Hyunmi was about to cry when Nayeon walks away and Sungwoo sit beside her.

"Short" he scoffed. Hyunmi give him a death glare.

"Idiot" she scoffed back.

"Stop fighting you two!" Mr. Kim growled again. The two people apologized to their teacher immediately.

"By the way, I want to remind you Hyunmi-ssi. It's your turn to take care of the rabbit tomorrow, make sure you clean up their cage and feed them. Arasso?"

"Ne~" Hyunmi sighed silently.

"The cage will fill with poops tomorrow, ahhh~ Shirooooo~" Hyunmi whined. Sungwoo secretly took a glance at her and smile.

'She's so cute'

"Everyone bring their book today, right? I've warned you to always bring textbook on my class right?" Mr. Kim moves from desk to desk to make sure. Hyunmi face turns pale again.

"What am I going to do?" she squeak and her head wonders around, thinking of an excuse. Mr. Kim slowly approach their desk, suddenly...

"Here...." Sungwoo hands her his book and stands up.

"I didn't bring mine, ssaem!" he said, smiling, widely.

"Good, stands outside!" he ordered. Sungwoo nodded and walks out happily.

"Do you bring yours, Hyunmi-ssi?"

"N-Ne..." she stutter.

'Why is he being so nice to me?'

******

"Hyunmi~ Mr.Kim is so mean to you~" her friends gather around her.

"I know! Lucky the school's over now" she sighed.

"Don't worry, we're here for you~" Nayeon calm her down. The others nodded, agree.

"Cheer up, let's go and eat some chicken!" Hira suggest, Hyunmi's face turns bright immediately.

"I love you guys~" she said happily. The girls giggled and walk out the class, towards the café.

"How many chickens do you want to eat? Nayeon will treat you~" Hira giggled. Nayeon sigh and nodded.

"Yeah~ I will, to cheer you up" she said. Hyunmi hugged her and pull her to the line.

"I want 20 pieces of chicken~" Hyunmi said to her. Nayeon widen her eyes and sigh.

"Arasso~ Arasso~"

"Yeayy~ I lo-......" a boy pushed them away from the line, making them fall to the tiles. Hira and Jihyo rushed to help them up.

"I'm here first..." the boy said. Jihyo was about to kick that boy's head away before someone grab her hand.

"Jagii, not here" Sungwoon said. Jihyo breathe out heavily and turns to her friends.

"You guys are okay right?" she asked, the others nodded.

"Yeah, we're okay. Go have your lunch with Sungwoon, we'll be fine" Hira said and gesture her to go.

"Arasso~ Call me later kay?" Jihyo bid her friends goodbye.

'How I wish someone would back me up at this kind of time'

*******

"Another day of school *yawn*... And today, I have to clean rabbits *yawn* poops" Hyunmi sighed. She grabs her sweater and walks out the house after having her breakfast and kiss her mother's cheek.

"So cold~" she rubbed her hands together to bring some heat. She plugs in her earphones and plays some song while walking.

"Oh?" her eyes widen. The boy who pushed her yesterday was standing in front of the gate. As the boy saw her, he immediately walks towards her and kneel down.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't do that to you yesterday... I'm sorry" the boy cried, his mouth is bleeding and his arms looked like it's broken.

"I-its o-okay... I forgive you" she said, feeling sorry for the boy. The boy thanked her and quickly walks away.

"What happened to him?" she mumbled. She breathes out slowly and walks to her class. To her surprise, Sungwoo is in the class, sleeping.

"First time in 3 years of school, he's early" Hyunmi hissed. She placed her bag on the chair and bends down to clean her drawer before she saw another paper crane inside it. She tucks it in her pocket before walk out towards the school's garden.

"Oh~ Here it is~" Hyunmi sang as she saw the rabbits' cage. But, it's clean. Not even a piece of poop in it. Hyunmi scratch her head,

"Oh? Someone must have mistaken today as his or her duty day" Hyunmi chuckles happily. She sits on a bench at the garden and took out the paper crane. She then slowly opens the folds.

[Hyunmi yaa~

Don't forget to bring your book next time, arasso? I don't want you to get in trouble again T.T Please take care, I love you >/////<

-SLATE]

A wide smile grew on her face.

HYUNMI'S POV

I feel butterfly in my stomach. I wonder who give me this letters? I can't recognize the handwritings and I can't remember anyone with the name 'Slate'. I breathe out heavily and stare blankly at the rabbits.

"Looking at your family members, shorty?" he said. I turn my head to him and give him a glare as he sits next to me.

"What did you say?" I asked him again.

"I said, looking for your family members, SHORTY?" he clearly said the word 'shorty' and smirks.

'This boy...'

"Yeah~ Too bad your family is not here" I said, sarcastically while yawning. Sungwoo rise one brow.

"My family?"

"Ne! The foxes~" I laugh out loud seeing his blank face when I said that.

"How dare you said my family are the foxes!" he slightly hit my head once.

"How dare you say my family are the rabbits?" I punch his arm.

"Because you looked like them!" he messed up my hair.

"I'm not!!"

END OF POV

Hyunmi yawns and pouts. Sungwoo looked at her and smiled.

'I really wish you're mine'

"You are~"

"I'm not"

"You are~" Sungwoo .

"Really? Prove it!" she dare. Sungwoo looked at her once and stare at the rabbits.

"Firstly, you're as small as them. Second, your teeth are pretty much like them. And third...." Sungwoo stopped his word and looked at Hyunmi who lands her head on his shoulder, sleeping. He smiled.

"You're as cute as them...." he secretly kisses her crown.

'Time, you can stop now'

.

.

'KKRRRIIINNNGGGGG' The school bell rings.

Hyunmi slowly opened her eyes and she felt a burden on her head. She looked up and saw Sungwoo resting his head on her.

'How long have we-' Hyunmi stopped as Sungwoo starts to mumble in his sleep.

"I'm hungry~ Give me food~". Hyunmi chuckles silently.

'He's so cute! And he loves food as much as I do' she cheered. She looked at her watch and immediately sits up straight, waking Sungwoo up.

"Yaa! Mr. Kim will be mad at us! We're late!!" Hyunmi said, half screaming.

"Mwo~?" Sungwoo scratch his cheek, still in blank mode.

"No time to talk now, we're going to be late. Palli!" Hyunmi hold his hand and pull him.

"Let's go!" she said. Sungwoo widen his eyes and followed her steps.

'She...holds....my hand.....' His face turns red as he saw their hands together. As they reached their class, she quickly opened the door.

"Seonsaengnim, Mianhae! We-Oh? Where's Mr. Kim?" her asked her classmates as she steps in the class. Her eyebrows meet.

'Why are they looking at me like that?'

"What's wrong?" she asked Nayeon who happened to seat near the place she's standing.

"You... Sungwoo...." She looked at her face and move to Sungwoo's before it lands on their hands. Hyunmi's eyes followed hers and stop at their hands too. Hyunmi looked at their attached hand, her face starts to turn red.

"Will you let me go now, short?" Sungwoo smirk. Hyunmi quickly release his hand.

"Eiiii~ who wants to hold it in the first time anyway!" Hyunmi scoffed. They both walks towards their seats.

"Yaa... What's up with your cheek?" she asked as they take their seat and Hyunmi saw his left cheek swollen.

"None of your business" he said, coldly. Hyunmi scoffed as Sungwoo plug in his earphones.

"It is... Because I'm starting to like you"

*******

"Hyunmi yaa..." Sungwoo called her. It was the end of school period and everyone is out of the class already.

"Mwo?" she said, still packing her stuffs.

"Can we be friend?" he asked. Hyunmi immediately stops and looked at him.

"Friend?" she can't believe her ears. Sungwoo nodded with a smile.

"I won't bully you anymore. We're deskmate right? So, Friends?" he stretches out his hand for her to shake. Hyunmi smiled and gladly grab his hand.

"Friends!"

Since that day, Sungwoo and Hyunmi become more and more close. They'll sometimes eat together, do revisions together, lunch together and they would sit together at the garden on the day Hyunmi is on her duty. One day....

"Guess who~" he sang.

"It's the dorkiest boy in the school!" she chuckles. Sungwoo release his hand and pinch her cheek.

"Mean!" he said and sits next to her. Hyunmi giggled and breathe out heavily.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Sungwoo asked her, he can see the burden on her face. Hyunmi turned to him and sigh.

"Is it true?"

"What is true?" Sungwoo asked back, his heartbeat is not normal right now.

"That today is your last day in this school?"

Sungwoo looked at her and nodded.

"Yes, my parents decid-" Hyunmi hugged him, she starts to cry.

"Do-don't go..." she sobs on his chest. Sungwoo tapped her back and place his chin on her head. He doesn't know what to say to her, it's not his choice, it's his parents'. He slowly release the hug and wiped the tears on her cheek with his thumb before he covered her eyes with his palm.

"Stop crying... There's something I wrote on my palm... If you continue crying, it will disappear" he said. Slowly, her sobs weaken.

"I'm not crying anymore" she said before removing his palm to see what he wrote.

[ HELLO >.< ]

Hyunmi giggled. Sungwoo carefully cups her face and make her face him.

"I'll miss you Hyunmi, I really will" he said, staring deep in her eyes.

"Promise me... We'll meet again, one day"

"I can't promise you that, but I'll try" he tapped her head.

'Because I don't even know if I can live any longer'

"Arasso, by the way....." Hyunmi took out something from her pocket and place it around Sungwoo's neck while the boy froze.

"Never ever open it, arasso??" Hyunmi warned him. Sungwoo touches the H charm on the necklace and nodded with a soft smile.

"I'll never ever open it. It will forever on my neck" he tapped her head.

'Like how you'll forever in my heart'

***3 years later***

"Where is room 23-B?" she mumbled by herself. She continues to wonders around the hospital, searching for the room. She keeps her heads up, looking at the numbers on the door. Suddenly, he bumbed to a man, making them both sit on the floor.

"Oh, Mianhae!!" Hyunmi helped the man stands up, it's her fault anyway. She holds his arms and her eyes landed on the man's necklace. The man slowly lifts up his head and his eyes meet Hyunmi's.

"SUNGWOO?"

"HYUNMI?"

They both said in unison. Without thinking, Hyunmi hugged him tightly and Sungwoo hugged her tighter. Showing how much they missed each other.

"Why are you here? Are you sick?" Sungwoo asked her. She shook her head and smile.

"Nope, I'm visiting Jihyo. She's pregnant" she said, happily.

"Pregnant?" Sungwoo widen his eyes. Hyunmi nodded rapidly.

"Ne! Right after they finished high school, Sungwoon propose her. He's rich anyway" Hyunmi explained.

"What about you? Why are you here? Wearing hospital wardrobe?" she asked.

"I just remove my tonsils" he lied. Hyunmi mouthed 'O' before she lands her head on his shoulder.

"I miss you" she said softly. Sungwoo heard her and he pull her for another hug.

"I miss you more" he kisses her crown.

"Want to hang out with me tonight? At the rooftop?" he asked. Hyunmi released the hug and nodded rapidly.

"Good, meet you there at 8. I've to meet the doctor now, you have to visit Jihyo right?" Hyunmi nodded and hold his hand.

"See you tonight" she kissed his cheek and wave him goodbye. Sungwoo sighed as she walks away.

'Tonight....'

******

"Sungwoo!!" Hyunmi called him as she saw him. Sungwoo turns around and give her the best smile he has as he holds her hand. He lead her to a seat, in front of it was the beautiful scenery of Seoul.

"Wahhh~ So beautiful~" she stands in awe. Suddenly, Sungwoo wraps his arms around her waist, making her dumbfounded.

"It's not as beautiful as you" he said honestly to her ears, sending vibrates to her heart. Hyunmi was speechless, she turns around to face him.

"What did yo-" he attached his lips with hers. A slow beautiful kiss turns to a long one.

"I love you~" Sungwoo said as he break the kiss. Hyunmi hugged him and cried on his chest.

"You don't know how long have I waited for you to say that" she sobs. Sungwoo cups her face and wiped her tears with his thumb.

He kissed her temple,

"I love you then"

He kissed the tip on her nose,

"I love you now"

He peek her lips once,

"I love you forever".

And he hugged her once more.

"Really? Since when?" she asked as they take their seats.

"Since the first year~" he smiled.

"Then, why are you so mean to me?"

"Because you're so cute when you're mad" he weakly pinches her cheek.

"But, can I be honest to you?" he speaks, suddenly. Hyunmi turned to him and nodded.

"What is it?"

"Actually, I really love you. Since then and till forever. But, we can't be together" Sungwoo said, holding his tears. Hyunmi widen her eyes,

"Why? Are you married?" tears already falls from her eyes.

"It's not that. It's just that... I'm sick"

"Sick?" Hyunmi cups his face. Sungwoo nodded lightly.

"Yeah~ 4th stage of heart cancer~" he said, removing the beenie he's wearing to show her his already bald head. Again, Hyunmi burst into tears.

'It's the first time we met after 3 years and this happen.....'

******

HYUNMI'S POV

"Sungwoo!" I entered the room with a smile, I can't let him see me cry. Slowly, he opened his eyes and give me a heart-warming smile.

"Annyeong jagii~" he greet me, his voice is weaker than ever.

"Have you eaten your medicine?" I asked, he nodded. I can see him weakens every single second. His eyes are watery, his face is already pale.

"Are you okay? I'll call the doctor, wait--"

Just when I was about to walk away, he grab my wrist.

"No, it's okay. Stay with me" he said, it breaks my heart to see him this weak. Our fingers entwined as I sit next to him.

"I love you" he said, suddenly. I tried my best to hold my tears.

"I love you too" I kissed his hand.

"Aren't you tired coming here every day after class?" he slowly touches my face and brush my cheek.

"No~ I do it for you. I love you" I smiled again, trying my very best to hold my tears. I can see his weak smile.

"There's something I have to tell you..." his voice weakens.

"You don't have to tell me, you have to rest"

"No, you need to know" he insists.

"What is it then?"

"Before that, can you go to the rooftop again? I left something there" he pinches my cheek.

"Arasso~" I stands up and about to leave when he suddenly called me,

"Baby......" I turned to him and rise one brow.

"I love you~" I smiled.

"I love you too. Wait here~" I said and rushed to the rooftop.

-At the rooftop-

"Where is it? And what is it?" my eyes wonders around.

"Oh!" I saw a Minhyun on the bench. Slowly, I approached him.

"Minhyun-aa, what are you doing here?" I asked him. He doesn't seem to be shocked, it's like he knew that I would come.

"Sit here" he tapped the space beside him.

"What is it?"

"There's something Slate wants me to tell you" he said. I stare at him a few second,

"Slate?"

'How one earth did he know that 'paper-crane' sender's name?'

"That Slate who keep sending you paper cranes is..... Sungwoo"

My eyes start to form tears again.

"He's the one writing it and folds it and put it in your drawer every day. He even give you his book so that Mr. Kim wouldn't scold you. On every day you're on duty to take care of the rabbits, he would come early and clean it for you. That's why when you came, there's not much poops in the cage. On the day the bully pushed you at the café, he was there. He saw him and he's pissed. Really pissed. He has a fight with that boy on the next day, he even tell the boy to apologize to you. He loves you, Hyunmi. He really really love you"

Each word that came out of Minhyun's mouth are pain and happiness for me. I'm happy that he does that because loves me, but it's a pain to realize that I didn't see all that before.

"This is for you..." Minhyun give me a medium-sized jar filled with paper cranes and a note above it.

"You better go to him now, before it's too late" hearing him said that, I quickly run out the door and rushed towards his room. He greets me with a smile as I walked in.

"Heyy, don't cry" he weakly wiped the tears on my face as I take my sit next to him.

"I love you... I really love you... Thank you for all the things you did to me before" I kissed his hand with tears still rolling down my cheek.

"I love you too. Now, don't cry...." He closed my eyes with his palm.

"I wrote something on my palm, if you cried....you won't be able to see it" he said. I tried to stop, but I can't. I keep on crying and crying and crying.

"I love you, Park Hyunmi" he said slowly before his hand fall from my eyes.

END OF POV

"SUNGWOO! SUNGWOO! SUNGWOO!" she shake his lifeless body and cried all her heart out.

"SUNGWOO! Don't leave me!!!" I cried beside him, I hold his hand and kiss it before I turn to his palm.

[ILOVEYOU, SHORT]

*******

[Open a paper crane if you missed me]

That what the note said. Hyunmi sit on the bench at the rooftop, looking at the jar. She breathe out slowly before she opened the jar's lid and took out 3 paper crane..

[Whever you're missing me, remember.... I'm always there in your heart. Forever]

[Hyunmi, you look the prettiest when you smile]

[Short bunny, I love you] 

Tears roll down her cheek again.  

"I love you too idiot, forever will love you"