First Meeting

Through The Years With You

"Sooyeon!"Taeyeon yelled happily as she burst through the bedroom door, a skip in her step and a huge smile adorning her baby-like face. She was currently dressed in denim shorts and a long white t-shirt that covered it.

The said girl who was called let out a started yell as she dropped the box she was holding, the sound echoing throughout the empty bedroom. The brown haired girl was currently sporting sweatpants and a plain grey t-shirt. "Yah!"Sooyeon turned around with a glare and faced her girlfriend who was still grinning. The slightly shorter girl was bouncing on the balls of her feet as she lifted the book in her hands up to eye level.

"Guess what I found!"

Sooyeon furrowed her eyebrows as she came face to face with a... thick book? With a hand, she lowered the item slightly to look at her girlfriend. "Why do you have a book in your hands?" she asked with her head tilting slightly to her left.

Taeyeon shook her head, "Nope! That guess is wrong, try again."

Instead of trying to guess again, she asked, "Why aren't you helping me unpack these boxes?" Taeyeon looked around the bedroom and found a huge stack of unopened boxes.

"Can't you at least try and guess?" Taeyeon said pouting. "Besides, I am helping you unpack! If I wasn't then I wouldn't have found this photo album!"

Sooyeon raised an eyebrow. "Since when have you ever owned any photo albums?"

"You know I don't do photos. I'm guessing my mom put this in one of the boxes."

"I see, well, let's continue unpacking."

"Oh come on, Sooyeon!" Taeyeon whined, "We've been unpacking since we got here, which is like hours already. We deserve a break don't you think so?"

"Ok, fine. Let's go. But, it better be a short break. We still have a lot of boxes left and I want to finish this as soon as possible."

Taeyeon gave her a salute before breaking out in a fist pump. She grabbed the slightly younger girl's hand and pulled her out from the bedroom and into the living room which was filled with other unopened boxes. The only things present in the living room was a couch, a TV stand, and a small table island.

After having pulled the both of them to sit down on the old, black couch, Taeyeon excitedly sat the book down on her lap and opened it to the first page which was filled with baby pictures of the both of them.

"Wait, how did my baby pictures get in there?"

Taeyeon shrugged as she kept her eyes on the pictures, "Maybe my mom asked your mom for them and put them in here."

"So this iss like a photo album of the both of us?"

"It sure seems like it."

The two stayed silent after that, looking through the pictures, pausing every once in awhile to point out something they though was cute or funny.

"Awww, look at you as a baby, doing that pose. You were so cute," Sooyeon cooed as she tried to copy what the younger version of Taeyeon did in the photo, laughing happily as she did so.

Taeyeon let out an embarrassed smile as she scratched the back of her neck, "Yeah, I had no idea what I was trying to do there... Let's just continue." She continued flipping through the pages of the photo book, the both of them smiling at the pictures they haven't seen in a long time. Suddenly, Sooyeon pointed out a picture with her finger preventing Taeyeon from turning the page. The raven haired girl gave her a confused look but Sooyeon didn't say anything as she just kept her finger on the photo waiting for her to finally look at what she was pointing out. Taeyeon moved her  attention to the photo.

She gasped.

It was a photo of the two of them eith their arms around each other's shoulders with a huge grin on their faces.

"Do you remember this picture?" Sooyeon asked turning her attention to the girl next to her.

Taeyeon gave her a look. "How could I forget?" She said in a reminiscent tone. "It was the day when we first met."

 

 

---------------

 

 

An excited four year old ran down the stairs in excitement when she heard her parents calling her down from her room. It could only mean one thing: her favorite cousins were here.

"Boa unnie! Heechul oppa!" She shouted as she ran over towards them. They gave her a wide grin matching her own.

"Are you not excited to see us as well, Taeyeon?" Her aunt asked in a teasing tone.

"Oh! Hi auntie, hi uncle!" She greeted in a shy tone while waving her small hands before turning back to her cousins. The adults just laughed at her cuteness.

"What's up little cousin?" Heechul asked as he pulled her into a choke hold and started ruffling her hair causing her to squirm in his grasp.

"Oppa!" She whined as she was finally able to pull herself out of the boy's grip.

"Are you ready to have some fun kiddo?" Boa asked as she gave her a quick hug. Taeyeon nodded quickly as she grabbed both her cousin's hands as she pulled them towards the door.

But, bfore the three of them could actually leave the house, Taeyeon's mother called out, "Taeyeon, your brother is coming with you. Wait for him."

After waiting gor her brother to show up, the four of them finally exited the Kim's house with Taeyeon leading the three elder kids to her favorite place in the whole entire world: the playground. It was relatively quick for the four kids to reach the place as it was just a few minutes away.

"Come on! Last one to the playground is a rotten egg!" Taeyeon shouted, laughing in gless as she and her brother and counsin ran with all their might to reach the playground first.

The four kids were having fun running around and going down the slides that they didn't realize that three hours had already passed. But before they decided to call it a day and head back, Heechul had suggested to go and play hide and seek which all of them agreed to play.

"You'll be the one seeking. Count to fifty," Boa said leaving no room for Heechul to complain.

"Fine. Just know I love you so much sis that I'm willing to play as the seeker," Heechul replied with a boastful pose only to receive an eye roll from Boa. Heechul looked around and found a tree and headed over. He faced the three and moved  his hands to cover his eyes. "Alright! One, two, three..."

Taeyeon, Boa, and Jinwoong all ran away as fast as they could to avoid being found first. Both Boa and Jinwoong ran back in the direction of Taeyeon's house while the small raven haired girl ran further in the opposite direction ultimately straying away from the playground and entering a new territory. It was only when Taeyeon was too tired to continue running that she finally realized that she had no idea where she was. She paused for a moment and looked at her surroundings, she decided to keep walking in hopes of finding some sort of landmark she was familiar with. Each second she walked, the more panicked she became.

Being lost in her thoughts as she tried to figure out ways to get back home, she wasn't paying attention to where she was going so she ended up bumping into someone causing the both of them to fall backwards.

"Sorry!" Taeyeon immediately apologized as she helped the other girl up.

"Are you ok? What are you doing walking around by youself, you know that's pretty dangerous right? Someone might kidnap you!" The mysterious brown haired girl said as she looked at Taeyeon's appearance.

"Um, aren't we the same age? And aren't you alone as well?" Taeyeon asked as she looked at the other girl weirdly.

"Yeah, but I know my way around here well enough to be on my own," the girl replied. She kept looking at the raven haired girl beofre asking what was on her mind. "By the way, why are you here alone? Did you lose your parents?" At the mention of parents, Taeyeon was once again reminded that she had no idea where she was and started tearing up at the thought of never seeing her parents again. "Omo, don't cry!" She exclaimed in shock. She wasn't expecting the other girl to start crying. "Why don't you come with me? I'll take you to my parents, they'll know what to do. Trust me." She grabbed Taeyeon's hand as she pulled the girl closer to her. "I'm Jessica by the way."

Taeyeon sniffled a bit before trying to pronounce her new friend's name, "Jeshika?"

"No, Jessica," the other girl corrected.

"Jeshika."

"Jessica."

"Jeshika."

The two had a staring contest before the brown haired girl, now named Jessica, laughed. "Close enough, but you can just call me by my Korean name Sooyeon if you're  having trouble saying my name."

"Why didn't you tell me that earlier?" Taeyeon whined.

"You never asked."

"Sooyeon," Taeyeon tested the name on her tongue and smiled her dimpled smile." "I like that name."

"Thanks, what's your name?"

"Taeyeon."

Sooyeon smiled as she pulled the raven haired girl with her. "Well Taeyeon, let's get going!"

After a few minutes of walking around, Taeyeon arrived at Sooyeon's house. Sooyeon's parents were sitting in the living room when the two girls walked in, surprised at the unexpected guest considering it was almost 6 pm.

"Mommy, daddy, this is Taeyeon. She told me that she's currently lost and can't find her way back home. I brought her here because you would know what to do," Sooyeon explained, her hand still linked to Taeyeon's. Her parents nodded and Sooyeon's mother stood up from the couch and crouched down in front of the two young girls.

"Hi, Taeyeon. Do you happen to know your parent's phone numbers?" Sooyeon's mother asked softly, her eyes displaying nothing but concern and kindness. Taeyeon shook her head as her lips jutted out into a pout, tears welling in her eyes. "Aw, sweetie, don't cry! We'll help you find your parents, alright? I just need your surname."

"Kim," Taeyeon responded rubbing her eyes.

"Alright. I promise we'll get your parents here as soon as possible, ok?" She gave the raven haired girl a pat on the head before turning to her daughter. "Sooyeon, keep her company while we contact her parents, alright?" The brown haired girl nodded and her mother gave her a small smile before standing up and heading to the kitchen along with her father.

Sooyeon turned to the girl next to her who still had tears in her eyes. She decided then and there that she didn't like seeing her new friend cry, so she decided to distract her. "Taeyeon, is there anything you want to do?"

"Go home," the raven haired girl replied as she rubbed her eyes with her hands, trying to brush away her tears.

"Other than that," Sooyeon insisted, wanting to take her friend's thoughts away from her parents for a  moment. "Besides, you're stuck with me for a while." She meant it as a joke but the other girl started full blown crying. Sooyeon was shocked at the unexpected response but did not hesitate to wrap her arms around Taeyeon's waist and pull her into a tight embrace. The raven haired girl laid her head on her shoulder and wrapped her arms around Sooyeon's shoulders as she continued crying. After a few moments, Taeyeon's crying decreased until she was no longer sobbing. Taeyeon burried her face along the crook of the brown haired girl's neck, enjoying the small amount of comfort the girl brought for her, even if they had just met.

The both of them stood in silence before the raven haired girl broke it saying, "I want to play some games."

Sooyeon nodded her head knowing her new friend could feel the movement. "Ok, let's go play some games." She detached herself from the warm hug but grabbed Taeyeon's  hands as she led her up the stairs and into her room.

Soon, two hours had passed as the two girls sat on the floor of Sooyeon's bedroom playing a card game called Goldfish.  After a while, there was a knock on the door before it opened revealing Sooyeon's mom. "Taeyeon, you're parents are here," she said with a smile.

Taeyeon immediately stood up, followed by Sooyeon. They followed her down the stairs and to the living room where Taeyeon's parents sat waiting for her.

"Taeyeon!" Her mother yelled in relief as the raven haired girl ran crying into her mother's arms. "We were so worried when Heechul, Boa, and Jinwoong came in crying saying they couldn't find you." She carassed her child's hair as she comforted her. She turned her attention to the brown haired girl who was standing a few steps away watching the scene. "Thank you for finding Taeyeon and keeping her safe."

"She actually bumped into me, but, you're welcome."

Taeyeon's mother laughed at her childlike innocence. "What's your name?"

"Sooyeon."

"Well Sooyeon, thank you once again for helping Taeyeon out. We should get going now as it's getting pretty late and we don't want to intrude."

"Oh, nonsense," Sooyeon's mother waved off her comment. "Stay as long as you'd like. It's fine, really."

"Mommy," Taeyeon called out lifting her head from her mother's shoulder and pulling her shirt causing the older woman to look at her. "Can I come back to Sooyeon's place?"

"Did you have fun playing with Sooyeon?" Taeyeon nodded her head causing her mother to let out a big smile. "Of course you can come back," she looked up to Sooyeon's parents who gave her a smile and nodded. "I have a feeling you'll be here a lot more often." Taeyeon gave her a wide smile as she removed herself from her embrace heading over to Sooyeon giving her a big hug. The adults all cooed at the action.

"Come over here you two," Taeyeon's father said as he ushered the two girls over to the wall. Grabbing a camera that he happened to bring along with him, he positioned the camera so it was facing the kids. The two girls wrapped their arm around each other's shoulders and smiled at the camera.

 

 

---------------

 

 

"You were such a crybaby," Sooyeon said smiling as she played with the raven girl's hair, her head resting on the shorter girl's shoulder.

"Yah! Who wouldn't cry as a kid if you lost your way home?"

She hummed before shrugging, "I guess."

Taeyeon feigned an offended look and the brown haired girl chuckled softly before giving her a kiss on the lips successfully removing the frown on her girlfriend's face and earning her a wide goofy smile that showed her dimples. A look that was reserved just for her.

"I love you," Sooyeon said, a soft smile playing on her lips as she leaned forward to rest her forehead against Taeyeon's.

The smile on Taeyeon's face mirrored her own as she replied, "I love you, too. Always."

"Good," Sooyeon said as she leaned back and stood up from the couch earning her another frown from the shorter girl. "Now, go help me unpack."

 

 

 


A/N: Hello! Sorry it took a while for this update, currently in college which is in fact hell lol. Sorry if I made any mistakes, I totally did not proof read as I wanted to release this as soon as possible.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

To all my subscribers, silent readers, and anyone else supporting this story, thank you so much!

Wolfey signing out *peace*