Dreams

Polaroid

Author notes: This is the continuation part of Heart Sick. Mina's side focus.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

     Where are you? This is me asking no one at the moment. Where are you? I’ve been repeating the same sentence over and over again since the moment we were apart. I haven’t seen you for a long time and this feeling inside me is getting stronger.

     I never let go of my phone and had it close to my chest. Even when I was forced to go out with the man that I never know, which my mother introduced to me as my suitor. I never like him. For me, it was like meeting alien since I never really comfortable with men. My mother made me do this because she wanted me to be a normal girl, who likes boy for a girl.

     Yes, my mother knew about my uality. She once discovered about our relationship and was so disgust about it. Do you still remember that night, when I was looking so down after late evening class. I was done talking with my mother. She was so mad of me and hate the idea of us, both girls dating. She can’t accept my uality and my affection for you.

     I was never ashamed of crying my guts out. I knew how to heal myself most of the time, whether they called me soft or brave for it. However, I found myself fragile in front of my mother without you beside me, holding my hand.

     I miss how you always held my hand when it’s shaking, mostly when I was nervous. You said my hands were so cold, and let yourself to warm it for me inside your coat pocket. You never know how flustered I was at the time. Why you must be so sweet, Momo?

     You know, Momo, you takes my burdens into your arms, and held me close. Loving you is like breathing; it seems simple, yet in its core everything that makes it happen is beautifully complicated. How should I put this? You’re my everything.

     Every day, I waited for you like a maniac. I waited for your message though sometimes negative thoughts swayed me. I still want to believe that you also want me. I sent you ton of messages and none of them was replied. Am I’m the only one who fight for us.

     Three days ago, I called Nayeon unnie. In this moment, she was like a pillar for me to lean on. She was there when I was taken away by my mother. We talked.

“Unnie, where is Momo?”

“…”

“Unnie…?”

“She’s… alright I guess.”

I felt myself speechless. I can’t believe what I’m hearing.

“Why isn’t she doing anything?”

“Mina, Momo was too taken aback by this matter. Give her time.”

“Until when, unnie? Sooner I will be someone else’s wife.”

“…”

“Be patient. Jeongyeon is knocking some sense in her. I guess she was too broken.”

“I… I… Okay.”

     I cried myself out. I’m questioning the fate for being so unfair for us. I wanted us to be together is that hard? I fell asleep with tears streaming down my cheeks and phone in my hand.

 

* * *

 

     Days passed. No message coming from you. Momo, are you taking me for a joke? Am I nothing in your life?

     Today is my last day of being single. Tomorrow, I’m gonna hold the title of being someone else’s wife. I really hate myself. In my entire living on earth, I only wanted to say “I do,” to you. We once shared dreams of living together in a small family but full of love. I wanted to have your kids, though it impossible but we could try. It would be so cute to have mini you and me running in our little house.

     “Mina, have you try your dress yet?” Mother knocked on my door and brought me back to the shame reality. The door opened and she stepped in with a smile that I couldn’t reply.

     “What’s the matter?” She asked with full of worries. I was touched, but she’s also the one who took me away from you. In a slight second, her face changed.

     “Are you still thinking about that pathetic girl? Mina, get yourself together! She won’t bring you happiness. She will only bring us unfortunate events in our family. Marry Jimin!”

     My tears fell. “Mom, don’t speak like that about her. She’s more than enough for me.”

     “That’s bull! You know that she’s a girl. Are you going to bring shame onto this family, Mina?” It was the last straw. My mother scurried away with rage and slammed the door of my room. I broke down and crunched on the floor.

Ting!

     I heard notification sound coming from my phone. I wiped the tears off me and reached for the phone on my bed. My eyes widened at your name flashing on my screen phone.

 

From: Momoring hearteu~

I will come to you.

 

     I felt my heart jumped the moment I read your message. Though I was a bit confused. I still trying to search for the meaning behind your words. Maybe I was thinking too much that I didn’t look for the time.

Tok!

     The knock on my window broke my fantasy. I ran to the balcony and opened the sliding door. I felt my eyes became teary seeing you hanging on the sill of my balcony.

     “Momo!” I whispered yell. You signalled me to calm down and helped you to get up into my room. I ran to lock the door in case my mother come back and saw you. I walked to you, half running and you were waiting for me with opened arms. I jumped onto you and you successfully caught me, like you always do.

     My tears doesn’t stop coming out. You put me down and cupped my face with careful. I noticed that your eyes were also glassy and the dark circle had become darker than it should be before. From there, I know that you had been missing me too. You were broken just like I do. You wiped my streaming tears with your thumbs.

     “How are you?” You asked me with voice cracking. You’re on verge of tears but I always know that you wanted to play it cool. Even at time like this, you’re trying to be cool. I will save it for the later.

     “I miss you,” I said, choking myself. You glued our forehead together and intentionally brushed our noses. “Me too.” You said. You leaned in closer and I knew what you want. I knew what we wanted.

     Lips parting. Teeth crashing. Tongue moving. A kiss with you was wild and dreamy. I almost can’t believe that you’re here with me and we’re holding onto each other. The kiss got more and more passionate as time goes on. The grip of your hands on my jaw loosen and they landed on my waist. Our body flushed together as you pulled me closer towards you.

     “Mmm… M-Momo…” I accidentally moaned at our little make out session. I guess that we’re missing each other too much. I stepped back and felt the back of my knees hit the bed, making me fall and pulled you together on top of me. Our kiss broke for a moment before you claimed my lips again.

     Before things could get any steamier, I pushed you off me. We both were panting for breath and a second later we broke into fit of giggles. You sat up and pulled me beside you.

     “I came, Mina.” You breathed. “I came for you.”

     I found myself smiling at your words. Somehow I felt like my world is back. All my dreams are coming back.

     “What are you planning?” I asked. To be honest, I was afraid. What if something bad happen again before me and Momo can be together again? What if my mother come burst into my room and found us? Thousands of what if were playing on my mind.

     “Let’s run away.”

     “Are you sure?”

     “…”

     “Momo…?”

     “I was more than sure after I decided to left everything for you.” You said confidently. I was touched. My tears are threatening to fall again but I hold it in. “I want to bring you somewhere that people wouldn’t find us. We will live happily there and have kids. Do you want to do it with me?”

     You don’t know how much I was waiting for this moment. Finally I was able to be sure that we gonna achieve our dreams.

     “I always do.” I said. You engulfed me in your warm hugs. “But, Momo… Where are we going?”

     You pulled off me and smiled. “America.”

     “I saved more than enough money for us to migrate there for the time being. I will find job to support our lives. Then, we get married. What you say?”

     I smiled. “I’m fine with it. As long as we together.”

     It was once again I felt those warm hugs from you in cold night. That night, you helped me packed my things and we jumped out of my room. I was happy that it wasn’t too high. You’re there to catch me if I fall. I trusted you so much. Before we leave, I left a letter for my family. I’m sure the next morning would be a chaos but I don’t care anymore.

    In cold night breeze, we started a new journey of our relationship. We promised to not keeping secret from each other and stay by side forever. I was more than sure to be with you. Because I know, only you would be able to make me smile every day. We gonna make our dreams come true.