Obviously Oblivious: Part VIII (Final)

Polaroid

[PART 8 - FINAL]

     After class, Momo rushed out from the class almost immediately as soon as the professor dismissed them. In his way, he bumped onto a couple of people and muttering sorry all along the way but he never stop. A while later, he finally stopped in front of a familiar room, which its front was labelled with an imprinted plywood with ‘TWICE Club Room’. He took a very deep breath, it in before exhaling with much burden. He knew what awaiting for him behind the door and he certainly was feeling nervous.

     Suddenly, the door in front of him was wide opened by none other than the band’s manager itself, Park Jihyo. Oh, damn her big eyes almost make him piss in his pants. Momo found his heart beating at its highest rate and he afraid that he will faint anytime soon.

     “Y-Yah! You make me shock!” Momo hissed. Jihyo shrugged and snickered at Momo’s childish behaviour. “Whatever, Mo. Oh, by the way, did you expect for Mi—“

       “Mina is inside?” Momo cut her off. Jihyo blinked twice.

      “Y-Yeah.” She wasn’t sure if it’s just her hallucination but Momo’s eyes seemed to be sparkling at its most, which is unusual. She thought her big eyes will be blind anytime soon id Momo keep looking at her like that.

    “Okay, thanks, Thomas.” Momo pushed himself in the space between herself and the door, leaving Jihyo dumbfounded with her jaw dropped slightly. Did Momo just smile? Seconds later, she felt a slap on her shoulder.

     “Yow, our manager-nim. Why are you not coming inside?” Jeongyeon hung his arm over her shoulder while poking her cheek. “Jihyo-ah?”

     “Oh-yes!” Jihyo blinked. “Jeongyeon! Uh, let’s go somewhere else, okay?”

     “Eh? Why? I need to check out my drums.”

    “No. Later we will come. Now, let’s go somewhere else.” Jihyo finished and dragged Jeongyeon away far from the club room.

     Back into the room, Momo was rubbing his hands, to ease his nerves. He could already saw the person that he was excited to see the most was sitting on the couch. Momo took one last deep breath before made his way to the said person. The latter looked up and saw him walking towards her way. She widened her eyes and quickly stood up to greet the Momo.

     “Momo…” She hung her head low to show respect, than hiding her already blushed cheek. She hoped that Momo did not notice the slight change of her face colour.

     “Uh, hi…” Momo replied, hand rubbing his nape awkwardly as both of them avoiding meeting each other’s eyes. Such an awkward situation. They stood without changing any words, until Momo realised that they had been doing nothing for a complete minute. Momo cleared his throat and gestured Mina to sit while he did the same on the other couch. Sitting beside Mina might get him paralyzed, he thought.

      “Firstly, I wanna thank you for yesterday event. I’m sorry for being a burden once again.” Mina said with what Momo thought was the softest voice he ever heard. He nodded in reply. “Why do you called me here?” Mina asked.

      “Just want to make sure you are okay.” Momo mumbled and that goes unnoticed by Mina.

      “Err… what did you say?”

      “Um, nothing. I’m hungry.” Momo replied immediately. “I’m so hungry.”

     Mina watched Momo with amusing eyes. Momo called her to be in the club room because he was hungry? Well, he could just grab the food from the cafeteria though. But why he called Mina?

     “I want to make sure that you eat too.” Momo said. “I heard from your father about your disease.”

     Mina widened her eyes. “You did? How…?”

     “That one night when I sent you home. Your father told me everything. And he… also tell me why he wants us to get married.” Momo continued. Mina looked down. Her fingers were fidgeting with the rim of her skirt and her teeth were biting her lips softly. A habit of hers when she was nervous.

“Then…?”

     “I want to ask you something. Please answer me honestly.” Momo demanded. He fixed his position on the couch so he was sitting at the end of it, closer to Mina. He was contemplating of something, and then he followed his heart and grabbed for Mina’s hand that was playing on her lap. Mina was startled by the sudden touched. Momo calmly slipped their fingers together.

     “Please tell me… Why you never tell your father to cancel the marriage, even after I treated you badly…?” Momo asked, his voice were soft. His thumb was caressing Mina’s back of hand to encourage her. “I really want to know why.”

Mina gulped and she found herself cannot talking. Her tongue froze. She looked up and regretted immediately because her eyes was meeting Momo’s warm one, and she was melting at the soft look that Momo was giving her. Mina wondered if Momo realise what he was doing.

     “I…”

Momo was waiting.

     “The first time I saw you, I knew you were a good guy. Even after you threw me those harsh words. I challenge myself, that I can change you… that I can turn you into a better person. I also knew, behind those cold eyes of yours, you have a warm heart. I was determined to make you mine.” Mina confessed.

     Momo nodded. “I see…” He said. “What about now?”

     Mina furrowed her eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

     “Do you think you have succeed in changing me?”

Silence.

     “I…” Mina looked down. She knew she failed. Momo will never return her feelings. These days, Mina was thinking that whether she stayed with Momo is because her first intention or she already fell in love at the first sight with Momo. And know she was sure, she actually didn’t cancel the marriage because she wanted to be with Momo, for a very long time.

     Without notice, her tears rolled on her cheek. Momo was caught off guard. He thought that he just offended Mina, maybe too bad. He should have knew that she had a soft heart. Momo panicked.

    “W-Why are you crying? Yah…” Momo moved closer and sat beside Mina, embracing the girl into his warm hug. “Shhh…” He cooed the sobbing girl.

     “Are you okay now?” Momo asked after Mina managed to calm herself. He brought his thumb up to wipe those tears tracing on her flawless cheek. He used another hand to remove the strain of hairs that had fallen off her shoulder and covering her face. Mina slowly nodded. She was embarrassed after crying out of nowhere so suddenly. Momo must have thought that she’s weird.

     “I failed…” Mina mumbled. Momo frowned and placed his hand on Mina’s shoulder, making her to face him. Mina hung her head low to avoid Momo’s gaze.

     “Why?” Momo asked. “I don’t think the same.” He said. He felt that he suddenly got his bravery and put his hand on Mina’s cheek, making her to stare into his eyes. “Look into my eyes.”

     “For what I have felt, Mina, you have succeed.” Momo said. “I fell for you so hard, that its hurt to see you suffered. I realised that I never hate you. It just that I don’t know how to express my feeling for you.”

     “Myoui Mina,”

 

 

“…you win.”

     With that one last word, Momo lunged in and connected his lips with Mina. At this moment, both of them could felt their stomach had flipped over, reciprocating the feeling of thousands of butterflies flying in their stomach. Momo pulled Mina closer by her waist, while his other hand was holding onto her nape. Their lips moved simultaneously, not showing any sign of stopping. Not after a while, they had to apart for oxygen.

     Both of them panted for air, forehead sticking to each other. Momo looked into Mina’s eyes, and so does Mina. Seconds later, his lips curved upward into a small smile and that turned into a goofy grin. Mina chuckled after realising what they had done.

“Can we do it… again?”

     Both of them chuckled and Mina ended with a nod. Momo smirked and leaned in again for their second round of kiss. Uh, maybe a few more round before the lunch break over.

 

-THE END-

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, guys!

To be honest, I've been stress over exam lately since I barely touch my notes TT. That's why I can't update this story in a while. Also, I would like to apologize of the lame final chapter. I think I could do better in another story then. Thank you for being patience of me. 

Till then, see you in my next one-shot!