A Peek Into The Future

The Best Part

 

Sana hasn't felt like this in a while. She hasn't felt  the surge of nevousness, excitement, and pure bliss in a while. She had almost forgotten that oh-so familiar rush of butterflies that empty out and attack the insides of her stomach. She believes she has finally come one step closer to almost moving on. Spending a whole day with what she considered a complete stranger only a couple weeks ago has reawakened these feelings. Running through the markets with fingers interwined, riding bicycles where ever they want to go, and just going wherever they please. Sana doesn't know how or why, but somehow in a matter of weeks, this girl has already changed her life for the better.....

 

....

Months later

Sana jumps out of her car and hurriedly runs over to a quaint little suburban house to try and avoid the trickles of rain.  She runs up the step hurriedly, giggling loudly when she almost slips. She regains her composture and prepares to knock on the door, but before her knuckle can successfully touch the door, it swings open wildly. Out comes Tzuyu in a simple navy blue dress that scoops right above her knee. Sana notices the little white birds that decorate the entire dress, making her smile.

"I like the birds, they're cute." She teases

Tzuyu rolls her eyes playfully, "Speak for yourself," Her eyes travel from Sana's face to her side-satchel which has a little squirell charm hanging off of it. "Is that a squirell?"

Sana's face lights up, "Yes! I was hoping you would notice!" Sana lifts her satchel up so Tzuyu can see it more clearly,  "Isn't it cute?"

Tzuyu chuckles at her childish behavior and smiles fondly, "Yeah, it is."

Sana sticks her hand into one of the pouches and pulls out a dog keychain, "I got this one for you." she grabs Tzuyu wrist and opens her hand in one fluid motion. Sana places the keychain into her palm.

Tzuyu scoffs in a confused matter, "Oh, okay, thanks." she sticks it in her purse.

"So where are we going?" Tzuyu asks

Sana breaks out in huge smile, "Downtown."

Tzuyu scrunches her eyebrows, " okay, but where?"

"You'll see!" Sana says.

 

Sana leads Tzuyu to her car, opening the passenger side door for her, and hastely running over to the diver's side. The drive is in stark contrast to the one they had only a few weeks ago. It's filled with laughter and off-handed comments made by the one and only Sana. Sana has changed. She's more like herself. She's spent less nights in the messy bars and more time being absolutely exhausted from doing whatever she and Tzuyu were doing that day. She's actually been showing up to her job, and she's been more like Sana! Then Sana.

One day, Sana even took the time too cleanup her apartment. Basically, long story short, She's whipped...

But the thing is Tzuyu and her aren't really "dating". They're in this weird limbo, the "blushy-blushy" state of awkward glances and moves. In any other relationship, Sana would be frustrated, but this time she actually appreciates it, in some weird way. She finds herself actually listening to Dahyun's advice to slow down. Maybe that's what went wrong with everything.

*snap* *snap*

"Huh, what?" Sana says whislt shaking her head, trying to get rid of her previous thoughts.

Tzuyu rasies her eyebrows and starts slowly, "As I was saying, we're already here, and you probably passed like six parking lots."

"Oh." Sana says, "Okay."

She pull up on the side of the street and parks near a random cafe. Before she gets out Tzuyu puts her hand ontop of Sana's. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I was just daydreaming." Sana assures her.

 

 

"So, I guess we're going here?" Tzuyu asks while poining to the cafe next to them.

Sana shakes her head cheekily, "Nope."

Tzuyu's face drops, "Okay, Sana, where are we going?"

Sana laughs and gets out of the car, "We're just going to walk around."

Tzuyu deadpans, "It's raining."

"Yeah, and?" Sana says while leaning against the open car door.

"Shouldn't we bring an umbrella?" Tzuyu asks

Sana sighs and shuts the door, walking around to the other side of the door. She opens the passenger's side and grabs Tzuyu arm, gently tugging on it.

"c'mon, It'll be funnnn!!" Sana whines

Tzuyu sighs dramtically and gets out of the car, shivering when she feels the freezing cold drops of rain trickle down her back, "You're unbelievable."

Sana laughs and shuts the car door, "I know."

She skips across the street, making her way to the park adjecent to the cafe. Tzuyu reluctently follows behind her. Sana spins in circles giggling, her shoes, clothes, and her everything getting absolutely soaked. Sticky strands of hair plaster to her forehead, she runs a hand through her hair moving the strands to their respective sides. Ten she just stops, she just stops and looks up to the gray scale sky, watching the clouds morph and produce more water. Sana feels a hand slip through hers and their fingers intertwine gracefully.

"If I get sick from this, I'm going to kill you." Tzuyu jokes.

Sana whose still looking up at the sky, throws her head downwards in a fit of laughter.

"I know."

 

....

 

Both of them end up at the cafe across from the park, and they make quie an entrance. Each step they took soaked the tile floor underneath them. Tzuyu order a coffee while Sana sits awkwardly in her seat, sinking down everytime the guy mopping the floor shoots her a dirty look and mouthing a "I'm sorry." every once and awhile.

 

"Momo, legit, chill!"

Sana's ears perk up when she hears the so familar voice accompanied by the person's trademark laugh. Her head whips to the side immediately, trying to avoid any type of possible eye contact.

"They probably won't notice me, right? I mean, I even died my hair since I last saw them."

Sana reassures herself and is pretty confident that she won't be reconized, untill a loud "Sana, what do want to drink?" echos from across the room, coming from Tzuyu.

She glances toward's her previous "friends" table to see all eyes are on her. "Great."

Sana, not wanting to keep Tzuyu waiting, stands u and shyly walks toards her. Tzuyu, noticing Sana's change in demenor, asks, "what? Everyone was staring at us anyways, I mean we're the only ones who are like completely soaked."

Sana about to argue but instead opts to just tell the barista that she wants a hot chocolate. Tzuyu accompanies her back to their table, and Sana takes this momment to explain to her the stituation about her and her "Friends", leaving out major details about Sana's previous girlfriend, like you know, that she's her right now.

Tzuyu nods her head, "Okay, I'll be right back."

Sana's eyes widen, "no, No, no, Tzuyu do-

She's too late, Tzuyu has already made it over to the groups table. Sana instinctively jogs over there as well.

I guess this as good a time as any to reconnect...

....

 

 

Sana chose to let go.

she never regreted it and remembers the best part, but she now has someone else to create those memories with.

To make a new best part founded in reality

 

 

Fin.

 

 

 


a/n: Ahhhhhhhh, hi..... . I was going to prolong the ending and maybe make this longer, but I decided against it because.....i ran out of ideas and i didn't want to makes things suuupppeeeerrr melodramatic with the love triangle and such...so I made this realllyyy short "epilogue" type thing.  (satzu ending..) Sorry it took me such a long time. I've realllyyy busy with you know classes and such. Anyway, thanks for giving this a shot, and I'll maybe see you later? Ciao.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

....