Chapter 1: That's what best friends are for!

Amazing You

Chapter 1: Winter 2010 

9 years ago…  

“Beeeep….beeeppp….” Min Jae's phone alarm went off. , she slowly reached over to her lamp table, grabbed her phone. First, wiping her eyes, and then she turned off her alarm. Sighing, she opened one eye, and looked at her phone. 

“4-flipping-am” Min Jae mumbled and cursed at the same time. Groaning loudly, and cursing, Min Jae placed her phone back to the lamp table. She then pushed her blanket over, and got out of bed. Yawning, one last time, Min Jae forced herself out of her bed. Once in her bathroom, Min Jae stared at herself, and frowned. 

"Min Jae, you look like crap." She said to herself, and then reached for her toothbrush. After brushing her teeth, and washing her face, she headed out of her bathroom, and went to her closet. After staring for what seemed forever, Min Jae grabbed a pair of dark blue leggings, a long white loose shirt, and her thin black cardigan. Min Jae, then went to her vanity and quickly put on her make up. After that, she went to get her purse, her phone and was out the door.  

Once in the elevator, Min Jae pressed the number 12 button. As the elevator went up, Min Jae took out her phone from her purse and went to look at the schedule for today.  

"Make sure that he is up before 7am. Have his breakfast ready at 8am. Then be at his film location at 11am." Min Jae said, to herself.  

“You are now on the 12th floor…” Min Jae heard. Putting her phone into her purse,  Min Jae walked out of the elevator. After taking a left from the elevator and walking 4 doors down the hall, Min Jae stopped at the 5th door on her right side.  

“Hmm, should I ring the door bell, or walk right in and wake him up, the way I’ve been doing for years?” Min Jae asked herself. Then an evil smile grew and pressed 0787 on his door. Hearing the door beep, Min Jae walked in. Taking off her shoes, and putting on her pink bunny slippers. As she the lights in his apartment, she let out a loud sigh. Looking around the apartment, he had left some beer bottles on the coffee table, two instant ramen bowls, and  a half pint of Ben and Jerry's Mint Chip.  

“Aish, what did you do last night!” She said to herself, out loud.  

“Aish!” She nearly yelled, and went to the living room, to clean up.   

20 minutes later… 

After cleaning up, Min Jae went to the kitchen to prepare his morning breakfast. Looking at the clock in the kitchen, 5:15 she had nodded to herself, knowing that she is on time with his schedule.  Opening the fridge, she looked in and sighed.  

“Kimchi, some meat, veggies, noodles and some eggs.” She said out loud.  Knowing, the amount of beer he had last night, the kimchi noodle soup would be best for him. Min Jae then got the ingredients out from the fridge and began to cook.   

15 minutes later… 

Min Jae lightly sipped the broth, to make sure that it wasn’t too salty. Knotting her  head in agreement, Min Jae turned off the heat, and placed the lid onto the pot. She then looked up towards the stairs, and smiled. 

“Oh… he’s going to LOVE this!” Min Jae said out loud, as she walked out from the kitchen. As she walked up the stairs and headed straight to his bedroom. Once at his door, she pressed her ear against his door.  

“Good, it’s quiet.” She said, as she opened the door slowly. As she walked in, she couldn’t help but laugh at the scene in front of her. Seeing that his legs were sticking out of the blankets, his feet hanging over the  bed frame, and his is head was buried under a million pillows.  

“Ji…Chang….” Min Jae sang, as she shook his leg lightly. 

“Mmmph…”She heard him mumble. Min Jae giggled. 

“Ji…Chang…” She said once more, poking his leg.  

“Mnmmmph…” He mumbled once more. Min Jae then rolled her eyes, and grabbed one of the pillows closest to her.  

“ Alright then….” Min Jae said, and began to hit him with the pillow. He quickly shot his head out, turned towards her.  

“Ya!” She heard him say, stopped hitting him and threw the pillow to the side. 

“Morning sunshine!” Min Jae said, blowing him a kiss. Ji Chang glared at her. 

“Wae, why so early!” He whined, getting up and rubbed the back of his head. Min Jae sighed, and went to his closet.  

“Because, you have a early, and long schedule. Now, you need to get up, take a shower because you smell like ramen and beer. After that, your breakfast is ready.” Min Jae said, throwing his clothes for the day at him.  

“And how long have a I known you?” Ji Chang said, getting up, went to hug her, but she dodged it and pushed him towards the bathroom. 

“Waaaaaaay to long! NOW shower, you stink! THEN you can hug me.” Min Jae said, laughing. …