OASIS (final)

OASIS

xxxx: Baekhyun is the reason why our baby Tao left the group. Bring back our Kung Fu Panda! Baekhyun should just leave the group.

xxxx: Kris, Tao, and Luhan should stay in EXO. Huhuhu. Whyyy?! Baekhyun should've left instead of them. Unique voice? As if.

xxxx: The error in EXO is Baekhyun. He should be out of the group. Bring back Luhan and Kris!

-----------------------------------------------

Baekhyun stared at his reflection. It has been almost three years after the 3 EXO-M members left and it has been almost three years as well when Baekhyun started hurting himself. He never wore short sleeves and shorts and no one questioned him. He looked at the deep cut marks on his thighs before he washed it and flushed the red liquid in the toilet. He tucked the exacto knife hidden behind the cupboard and then he staggered back to his bed.

His phone was confiscated by Junmyeon after he found him looking through the comments. Baekhyun just joked about it but Suho told him he will take hold of his phone. The vocalist didn't argue anymore as he felt the urge to slide the knife onto his skin creep in his nerves.

He was feeling so lightheaded when Chanyeol sat on his bed. "Are you alright Baek?" The rapper asked. Only the two of them were currently present inside the dorms as the other six have extra schedule. 

Baekhyun just smiled before ducking in his covers. "I'm fine Chanyeol-ah. Just sleepy." He murmured. Chanyeol ruffled his hair then left. 

-I have to stop being pathetic. 

-Baekhyun, this has to stop.

-You have to stay strong Baekhyun.

"You should just die." Baekhyun heard in his head. He quickly closed his eyes and cried. 

-You're nothing. Nothing. Leave. You're the error in EXO. Leave.

Strong arms pulled Baekhyun underneath his sheets. He was hyperventilating and he can't seem to stop. He heard quiet whispers to his side as his head lolled into strong chest. "Baek, calm down. Baek!" Chanyeol was panicking as well as the vocalist undergo panic attack.

A minute after and Baekhyun heaved a long sigh. "Ch-chan." He murmured, tremors slowly subsiding. "Baekhyun, breathe. I'm here." Chanyeol rubbed Baek's back until the lead vocal gone unconscious. Chanyeol carefully laid him down on the bed and covered him with the blanket.

"We're home!" Voices boomed. The rapper quickly strided towards the front door and shushed them. "Baekhyun is resting." He muttered. Kyungsoo looked at him longer than necessary making him fidget a bit. "Is there something wrong?" D.O asked.

"W-what made you ask that?" Chanyeol nervously laughed. Minseok raised an eyebrow to the rapper's statement while Jongdae gave him a knowing look as well. "Did something happen?" This time Minseok's voice sternly asked which is quite unusual. Even Sehun and Jongin paused from their chattering.

Chanyeol looked back to the closed doors of their room and then quickly pulled the others to Junmyeon and Sehun's room. "I went back to ask Baekhyun if he wants to eat dinner with me but when I opened the door, he was undergoing a serious panic attack, I swear I almost got a heart attack when I can't seem to pull him out of his hyperventilation."

Junmyeon pursed his lips in worry. "How is he now?"

"He kind of fainted due to tiredness." 

"I'll talk to him tomorrow. For now, all of you go eat dinner and rest. Kyungsoo-ah, can you prepare something light for Baekhyun to eat when he wakes up?" 

"Yes hyung." Kyungsoo answered.

-----------------------------------------------

xxxx: Kyungsoo's voice is much better than Baekhyun! I wish he would get little less lines I hate his voice!

xxxx: Baekhyun shouldn't be part of EXO! He will be the cause when the band disbands. He is not even handsome!

xxxx: Finally people are speaking! After three people left he should follow next to stop the band from disintegrating!

-----------------------------------------------

Baekhyun hated the feeling of throwing up the little less food he managed to place in his stomach. He was hunched on the bowl, expelling almost everything that Kyungsoo gave him as soon as he woke up. 

-You're useless and unworthy.

-Stop acting as if you're great.

-They're better off without you.

-Useless.

-Error.

-Attention-seeker.

-Flaw.

Another bout of dizziness afflicted the vocalist and he was again leaning on the toilet bowl trying his best to force out the dark pit in his stomach. He stood up shakily and flushed the toilet then he leaned on the sink, opening the cupboard searching for strong medications to help him with the pain.

His hand reached for a bottle of sleeping pills and paracetamols. Not bothering on checking the instructions, he poured out 12 sleeping pills and 10 paracetamols, pushing it into his throat until everything was consumed. He slid down the sink and soon the medicines started lulling him into a painless slumber. The whole room was turning and he didn't even try to refuse the urge of a dreamless, painless sleep.

At the same time, Sehun was standing in front of the comfort room, his mouth contorted into a frown as he waits for his turn. "Hyung! I really need to pee." The maknae knocked on the door only to be answered by silence. Jongdae noticed the dancer standing in front of the door. "Who is in the bathroom?"

Sehun shrugged. Kyungsoo exactly passed by and they asked him the same question. "It's Baekhyun. I was planning to check up on him. He was inside there for almost 20 minutes." 

"But hyung, Baekhyun-hyung is not answering."

At that moment, Kyungsoo called for the others to bring the key. Chanyeol bit his lip upon hearing the infos and so without any further ado, he picked on the lock of the door skillfully. When the door opened, the sight in front of them made almost all of them drop to their knees.

Jongin and Sehun quickly rushed to the fallen vocalist. "Call for manager!" Chen shouted frantically while Xiumin forced his way to see the bottle of medicines on the sink. Kyungsoo also went to the eldest only to see the almost empty bottles of strong drugs. "Quick!" Xiumin screamed to their leader.

Almost immediately, Baekhyun was carried to the van, his head lolled to Sehun's chest as the maknae carries his hyung. Xiumin, Jongdae, and Chanyeol went inside the van along with the maknae and they drove off.

Chen's fingers were placed on Baekhyun's wrist, the weak thrumming making him feel so helpless. "Please go faster hyung!" He pleaded to their manager. The ride towards the hospital was unpleasantly quiet.

When they reached the hospital, Baekhyun was wheeled inside the emergency room. "He drank around 10 sleeping pills and 10 paracetamols." Xiumin relayed the information he got from Kyungsoo's and his investigation. When the doctor heared it, he rushed to the ER leaving the four idols.

It took more than an hour for the doctor to finally leave the emergency room and face the four wary idols who were too shocked to even cry at the moment. "Byun Baekhyun-ssi?" The four nodded. 

The doctor led them in front of a glass window where they can see the lithe form of their fellow bandmate connected to multiple machines which made their hearts quiver. "We managed to force out almost all the drugs in his system. It was a good thing that you brought him early. We tested if there were any effects to his liver but so far there are no signs of damage which is fortunate. Do you know about his depression and anxiety?"

The four looked at each other before shaking their heads. "It seems like Baekhyun-ssi is suffering anxiety and depression. His body has multiple cuts, self-inflicted cuts to be precise. He seems to be starving himself as well and at the same time, he seems to be relying on anti-depressants and sleeping pills thus he suffers withdrawal symptoms every now and then."

All the others bowed their heads in frustration. The maknae cried silently while the eldest comforts him. Chanyeol and Jongdae only managed to stare at the floor. "I'll recommend him to a psychiatrist but I know that he needs you all more than anything. It would be good if he will open up. It'll be a good start. We just have to wait for him to wake up so I advice you all to go home and come back tomorrow. Please excuse me."

"Kamsahamnida." They weakly bowed. They stared back to the patient's sickly form before silent tears crept down their faces. "Let's all go home for now." Xiumin said as he pulled his dongsaengs back to the parking lot.

-----------------------------------------------

xxxx: Baekhyun is sick? Ha, serves him right! He should be gone or dead or something.

xxxx: He is causing EXO a lot of problems! They need another hiatus because of his carelessness. Argh. I hate Baekhyun so much. Leave EXO Baekhyun.

xxxx: Sick? He must be just pretending to be one. Attention seeker. 

-----------------------------------------------

Chanyeol slammed his phone to the bedside table. The happy virus hit his head on the wall in frustration. "What the heck is wrong with these people?! They shouldn't be called fans!" He almost shouted. 

Junmyeon shushed him, his body uncomfortably residing on the couch. "He must have reached his breaking point." Kyungsoo muttered.

Jongin quietly looked at their sleeping hyung and then sighed. "He's sleeping for a week already. Are they sure nothing's wrong with hyung?" 

Sehun was randomly scanning through Baekhyun's phone. "He needs rest." He just murmured, his eyes glaring at the multiple screenshots he found.

"He hid it for three years and we didn't even notice." Jongdae uttered causing everyone to feel guiltier. "He must be hurting so much." Xiumin added. They remained silent, the ticking clock the only sound in the atmosphere.

It was during the afternoon when Baekhyun showed signs of waking up. Jongin's head was resting on his folded arms on Baekhyun's bed when he heard a quiet shuffling. Something grasped his hair which made him more awake. "Hyung?"

There was a soft ruffling on his hair. He shot up to find Baekhyun's half-lidded eyes staring down at him. "Hyung!" He almost screamed in relief. Junmyeon, Kyungsoo, and Sehun woke up as well at the sudden outburst of the dancer. "Suho-hyung! Baek-hyung is awake!" He said while grasping the hand of the patient.

They called for a doctor and after the check-up, they were informed that Baekhyun can go home tomorrow as long as there are no complications. They rushed back to the room and Jongin engulfed Baekhyun in a hug along with Sehun while Kyungsoo and Suho patted the head of the still weak vocalist.

"Why am I here?" Baekhyun croaked out, his voice so quiet they have to lean to hear him. Kyungsoo took a glass of water and gave it to the patient, helping him slowly gulp the liquid to relieve his throat. "Komawo."

Kyungsoo sat on the bed while Baekhyun leaned onto him comfortably. "You scared us Byun Baekhyun." D.O sternly said. Junmyeon fixed the beagle's hair so that it's not irritating his eyes and gently held his hand. "Don't ever do that again Baek." 

Baekhyun just nodded, not really understanding what they're saying. "You're asleep for almost a week now hyung." Jongin informed him. "Eah?" He quickly sat up only to fall back as he felt so weak and tired. "Yah, don't move too much. You're still recovering." Kyungsoo nagged. 

Their conversation ceased when the other four members entered, their hands dropping the food on the floor upon setting sight on the slightly glazed eyes of the vocalist. "Baekhyun!" They uttered in chorus before rushing to give the bacon a hug.

"I'm sorry for worrying you." Baekhyun said after they settled the food on the available table. "I'm sorry for causing you to postpone the other schedules. I'm sorry for being a burden."

"Baek." Jongdae called him. "Baek, you're not a burden. Don't ever say that."

"But that's the truth Dae." Baekhyun said, his head nuzzling on Kyungsoo's neck. "That's the truth." He said before his breathe evened, finally getting the much needed rest.

Jongdae slumped on the couch. "This can't be right."

"It'll take a lot of time. We have to be patient. We have to help him, step by step." Junmyeon said.

-----------------------------------------------

xxxx: That Baekhyun will be the cause of EXO's downfall. Ugh. Such an attention seeker.

xxxx: sick? Depression? As if. He just want to hog the spotlight. 

xxxx: Baekhyun is very selfish. Can't he think of EXO just for once?

-----------------------------------------------

Baekhyun placed his phone on his bedside, his hands unconsciously sliding through his bandaged wrist. When they returned from the hospital, Chanyeol and Xiumin rummaged the bathroom cupboard and found the exacto knife. They took away all the pills and sharp objects from the bathroom as well. He was in their room for the whole two days, only going out to eat and take a bath with the help of his bandmates. He never spoke with them as well, only looking at them and trying his best to avoid them.

It was already two days and so everyone is being too worried. Not only did Baekhyun was avoiding them, he never smiled sincerely as well. They honestly wanted to see the old Baekhyun. They need him back.

"He must be blaming himself." Lay spoke. They're having a video chat through SNS. They called Baekhyun but the vocalist told them he was tired. "Even Zitao, Yifan, and Lu Han are worried. They scanned some sites to find those disturbing messages you sent. We wish we're there to help you guys." Yixing solemnly said, worry palpable in his eyes. "How is he?"

"He is still not talking to us hyung. He is avoiding us." Chen answered. "Update me okay? I'm really worried." Yixing added, a soft smile with his dimples showing cheering the others a bit.

"Don't worry too much hyung. We'll give you a good news soon. Take care hyung as well as Tao, Kris-hyung and Luhan-hyung." The maknae said then they all bid goodbye to the healing unicorn. 

They closed the laptop after the video call ended but a soft thud from the room across them caught their attention. Chanyeol ran to their shared room only to find Baekhyun struggling to push himself off the floor to stand up. 

"You scared us." Chanyeol muttered, his hands working on helping the weak vocalist. "I can move Chanyeol. I just felt so lightheaded." He replied coldly, his hand swatting the arms of the tall rapper as soon as he settled down on the bed.

The rapped looked at the vocalist before banging the nearby wall. "What's wrong with you?!"

Baekhun glared at him, his eyes not even paying a glance to the newcomers who crowded the hallway. "I'm fine. Leave me alone."

"And then what Baek? Watch you waste away again?! Find you overdosed and lying on the floor?! What do you want Baek?!"

"I want everything to end!" Baekhyun screamed, his hand throwing the blanket off. "I wanted this to end. I wanted to be alright! I wanted to smile! I wanted this pain to be gone! Can't I be happy?! I want to die!"

A strong resounding slap conquered the atmosphere. Baekhyun's hand cradled his assaulted cheek, his eyes widening in shock as he stare at his fellow vocalist and EXOCBX member. "Stop this!" Jongdae shouted. "Baek, they don't know you! Do you honestly believe in them?!"

"Because what they're saying is true!" Baekhyun argued back. He grasped the sheets tightly, his eyes watering. "Because they're right! I am a failure of this group. I don't deserve to be part of this. Zitao, Yifan-hyung, and Luhan-hyung left because of me. I don't deserve to be in EXO. I don't deserve you all!"

Jongin and Sehun pulled Baekhyun into a hug. The beagle line bacon breaking down the moment he felt arms entangling around him. "They don't know you Baek. They don't see the real you. You're not a flaw Baek. You're a sunshine. EXO needs you more than you know. Believe in us instead of them." Junmyeon calmly said, his hands taking Baekhyun's shaking ones. 

Xiumin hugged the other beagles. "Ssa, let's stop arguing and be happy, okay?"

"We're here for you hyung." Kai said. "We're here." Sehun repeated. Baekhyun cried more. "You can rely on us. We'll help you." Kyungsoo added, his hand working on Baekhyun's crown. "I'm sorry. Help me. Please, help me." Baekhyun pleaded. All of them nodded, a group hug muffling the loud cry.

The cries subsided into sniffles and Chanyeol smiled at the weak vocalist. "Rest well, okay?" Baekhyun shook his head, attempting to stand up but he was pushed slightly by Kyungsoo. "You need to recover."

"I'm fine Kyung." Baekhyun argued. Chanyeol sighed and then he pressed slowly on Baekhyun's thigh, directly on the unhealed slash marks. The vocalist suddenly writhed in pain, his hand prying Chanyeol's fingers off but the rapper pushed even more earning a cry from Baekhyun. He cried, his body falling down on the bed. "I hate-" then his breath evened. 

Xiumin hit the rapper on the shoulders causing him to retaliate and flinch. "Seriously, you have to do that?" "Sorry hyung. That's the only thing I managed to think of." Chanyeol pouted.

"Pabo." Kyungsoo muttered as he place the blanket on the sleeping figure with the help of Chen. Sehun and Jongin laughed.

"Ya!"

-----------------------------------------------

xxxx: Leave EXO Baekhyun.

xxxx: Incompetent. He needs more time! 

xxxx: Man up SM entertainment! 

-----------------------------------------------

"Starting today, you'll only get your phone when someone texts or calls you but other than that, we will be holding onto it." Junmyeon strictly said. Baekhyun was being fed like a hamster by Kyungsoo and Jongdae, his cheeks stuffed as he innocently stare at their leader. He was covered by blankets like a burrito with his head the only thing peeking out of the mountain of duvet.

Sehun and Jongin are playing mobile games while lying on the floor. Xiumin was patting the back of the ignored leader. Chanyeol was laughing at the current situation the vocalist was in, his hand typing the good news for their Chinese member(s).

Baekhyun glared at Chanyeol making him pout once more before it turned into another giggle as Chen forced a spoonful of food to the patient's mouth. "Forgive me now Baek, please?"

"I'll suffocate you when you're asleep." Baekhyun threatened but his puffed cheeks said otherwise.

Junmyeon scanned his phone for the schedules. "Baek, are you alright now to join? We have an interview today. You can rest here if you want. We'll ask manager hyung to accompany you."

The vocalist shook his head. "But hyung, you still need plenty of time to rest according to the doctor." Jongin complained. "I'm fine. But-"

Minseok placed a hand on the patient's shoulder and then he lifted Baekhyun's arm. He took a bandana and then tightly arranged on Baekhyun's arm so the scars won't show. "Stylish." Sehun teased.

"Just believe in us, okay?" Jongdae smiled which made the square grin appear. "Thank you."

-----------------------------------------------

xxxx: Oh Baekhyun is back with EXO? I'm surprised. Shouldn't he be gone or something? Haha.

xxxx: Uwaaah, EXO must have a patience of a god for putting up with Baekhyun's selfishness.

xxxx: Selfish jerk. Always bullying the other members no wonder lots of people are hating on him. 

-----------------------------------------------

When EXO arrived at the press conference, a lot of fans crowded towards them. Baekhyun was slightly antsy which the other noticed thus Jongin and Sehun provided a barrier for their hyung on both sides. Baekhyun smiled at the thoughtfulness of his dongsaengs, his hand unconsciously rubbing the bandana on his wrist.

They all sat down and started the interview. Throughout the conference, Baekhyun pretended to smile naturally. Although it won't fool the EXO members, it definitely did work for the EXO-L's and the staff of the show. 

The conference ended after a while and they all stood up and bowed. When they raised their heads, some of them heard the 'unpleasant' comments. Baekhyun's body tensed and he grasped Kyungsoo's coat without him realizing it. D.O looked at the others warily. Chanyeol took the headphones off his neck and placed it on Baekhyun's, his hand working on finding their albums in his phone.

Baekhyun's tensed breathing calmed down and he walked side by side with the tall rapper, his head leaning on Chanyeol as the happy virus wraps his arm on the still weak vocalist. They exited the hall and went backstage.

"Thank you." Baekhyun whispered. The others smiled and they went to dress back to their normal clothes and disguises.

As they were walking back to the parking lot, Baekhyun noticed a certain figure among the sea of fans. He frowned a bit, blinking rapidly to see if he was hallucinating but the figure continued walking towards them.

The other members were waving to the fans when Baekhyun noticed a gleaming object in the creepy person's hand. Then it all happened so swiftly.

The man in black rushed towards them and it so happened that Sehun was near the man. Baekhyun ran, his feet swiftly dragging him towards the maknae then he hugged Sehun, his body becoming a barrier for the rapper.

Everyone gasped upon seeing the anti-fan, his hand grasping a knife that stabbed right through the vocalist who intervened. The fans screamed as blood started dripping on the floor and they started to panic.

Chanyeol, Jongin, Junmyeon, and Xiumin seized the anti-fan with the help of the managers while Jongdae and Kyungsoo rushed to Sehun's side as he almost collapsed on the floor while being dragged by Baekhyun's body. 

The vocalist was breathing heavily, his body rapidly loosing blood. Tears were trickling down Baekhyun's face as his grasp tightened on the maknae's forearm. "Hu-rts." He gasped and scrunched his face. He was crying openly now. "Hyu-hyung." Sehun shakily called, his mind in total shock. Ambulance came and Baekhyun was carried off while Kyungsoo and Jongdae rode with the medics.

Sehun was comforted by Chanyeol as they went inside their van leaving the crowd that are starting to dissipate. The maknae was crying onto the happy virus as the others try to calm
him down. They reached the hospital after 10 minutes and they found themselves seating outside the ER once more, hoping for their fellow brother to be safe.

-----------------------------------------------

xxxx: Baekhyun is paying for his wrongdoings. At least he did something right this time.

real_pcy: Stop. Just stop. Don't act as if you know him. You don't.

oh_sehun: Hyung, get well. We believe in you. We love you.

weareoneEXO: If you can't accept him then just stop talking about him. You don't know the real him. We need him. EXO needs him. EXO wants him.

xxxx: omo. EXO- oppas are mad. Get that antis! Baekhyun-oppa, we hope you're okay! Real EXO-Ls are waiting for you oppa. Apologize fake fans!

-----------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo quietly Baekhyun's hair as he sat down on the bed of the patient. Sehun was finally sleeping, his head lying on their leader's thigh. Xiumin and Chanyeol were talking to their managers outside about the case. Jongin and Jongdae are both sitting on the couch, scanning through the fanmails they got. It has been a day after Baekhyun's successful operation and he was said to wake up today after the sedatives wear off.

"SM filed a case against the man. Attempted homicide and he is to be imprisoned for at least six years. (Not sure with Korean laws huhuh sarreh)." Chanyeol explained upon entering the quiet room. Junmyeon nodded, eyes looking back at the sleeping maknae. "I've never seen Sehun break down like that." Suho murmured. All the others agreed.

A soft groan interrupted them. Baekhyun's eyes fluttered open, his small orbs looking at Kyungsoo who stopped his ministrations in shock. They called a doctor and the said specialist checked on the patient. After cleaning his wound, they told the idols that he is on his way to recovery and no other complications occurred. They thanked the doctor and smiled in relief.

Sehun sat down on the silent patient's bed. He was surprised when Baekhyun slowly moved towards him, soft groans due to pain escaping his lips before he nuzzled onto him, hiding his face. "Hyung?"

"Sleepy." Baekhyun murmured making everyone smile. "Hyung, I'm-" 

"Maknae. Sleepy." Baekhyun repeated, burrying his face on the maknae's arm. Sehun smiled at the gesture, all the guilt he was feeling finally draining out of his system. "Go ma sseum ni da, hyung. Thank you."

Baekhyun just nodded, he went back to lying on his bed better slowly onto release a soft cry when the wound on his stomach started making him writhe in so much pain. He flopped down on the bed, body not really feeling so good all of a sudden.

"Rest first Baek. You'll be alright." Junmyeon said, then he lifted the blankets and covered the resting vocalist.

-----------------------------------------------

real_pcy: *pic* sleeping puppy Baek! Sssshhh.

oh_sehun: *pic* I'll buy you lots of bubble tea hyung so please get well soon!

weareoneEXO: Baekhyun is okay now. Thank you for your support and prayers! 

xxxx: Baekhyun-oppa! Get well soon! Real EXO-Ls love you a looot!

7_lu_han: *pic (Luhan, Yifan, Zitao, Yixing) wishing you well EXO. Baekhyun, fighting! Saranghae  - Wo Aini!

-----------------------------------------------

"Aish. This is the last time I'll see you in the hospital Byun Baekhyun, okay?" Yixing frowned. Baekhyun chuckled a bit before nodding. "I swear if I ever see you in the hospital this month I'll fly to Korea and heal you myself."

"Omo. I think I would love to go to hospital if that were to happen." Baekhyun teased. Xiumin laughed. He was sitting on the bed cradling Baekhyun's head. "But seriously Baek, please take care of yourself."

"I'm sorry hyung."

"Don't apologize. You know that we care about you a lot. We know you more than they do. So don't mind them and just keep doing what you love. Three disasters in a month is enough okay?"

Baekhyun smiled softly. "Yes hyung."

They bade goodbye to each other then after the video call ended, Minseok took the phone from Baekhyun's hand and the beagle line bacon just nuzzled to the eldest's thigh. "He still believes that he is a healing unicorn." Minseok teased causing a small chuckle to erupt from the tired idol.

The doors bursted open revealing the other members carrying gifts and food. They attended a press conference and fansigning and the fans gave them lots of gifts for the hospitalized idol. Chanyeol and Sehun pulled a plastic bag from the gifts and dropped it on Baekhyun's bed with big goofy smiles.

Baekhyun rose from Minseok's thigh pushing himself slowly with the help of the other members. "Snacks?" They nodded with soft grins on their faces. "The fans gave it during the fansigning. I remembered you like this one." Chanyeol mentioned.

"They're wishing you to get well soon too, hyung." Jongin added while he opens a chip and share it with Kyungsoo and Sehun. "Go ma sseum ni da." Baekhyun giddily accepted the goods and opened a chocolate pepero. He shared it with the members and well as they settled in a comfortable chatting atmosphere in the hospital room.

"Hyung." Baekhyun interrupted them with his still weak voice. "When can I go home?" 

Junmyeon pursed his lips a bit before smiling. "You're actually allowed to go home tomorrow as long as you're not feeling any pain anymore."

"However you're not allowed to do any heavy works." Kyungsoo immediately followed.

"You're not allowed to stress yourself out as well." Jongdae added.

"And you need complete rest to prevent your wound from reopening and for you to recover swiftly." Xiumin ended.

"Yes, eomma-nims." Baekhyun teased which the others replied with soft beatings and complains.

Baekhyun grasped each of their hands one by one then smiled softly. "Warm." He murmured, eyes closing a bit. "Please, don't leave me." 

Everyone nodded their heads with pure smiles, their hands patting Baekhyun's head. "We're here." They all muttered at the dozing off puppy.

-----------------------------------------------

weareoneEXO: *pic in the hospital* EXO fighting! We are ONE!

-----------------------------------------------

Five days later, four days after Baekhyun returned to the dorms, they were asked to perform live. Baekhyun insisted to perform despite the strict advice to him that he should rest for a week since his wound is still recovering.

"But, I don't want to be-"

"Byun Baekhyun." Jongdae called out causing the puppy to hug the pillow tighter a bit. They're inside his and Chanyeol's room and he was still in mild pain due to the stab wound. "You're not a burden. The fans will understand."

"I can explain to them hyung. I kinda owe you too." Sehun weakly said. Baekhyun turned his attention to the maknae and placed his head on his shoulder. "Ya. Don't blame yourself, Sehun-ah." He playfully bit on Sehun's shoulder before smiling.

Baekhyun fidgeted under their scrutinizing stares. "But, I still want to go. I want to see if I'm getting better. I don't want to bring the EXO-Ls down anymore." A loud sigh filled the room.

Junmyeon relented after a minute of awkward silence. "Okay, fine. But strictly no dancing and no moving."

The beagle line bacon eyes widened. "What will I do then?"

Everyone looked at each other with sheepish smiles making the puppy cast worried glances towards s who seems to be plotting an evil project. "Uhm." "Yehet!" Sehun reacted. "Ohorat!" Then they left the puppy who just gave them a surprised look.

"Ya!!!" Baekhyun shouted causing a stinging pain to run to his side. He groaned and fell back to his bed. Kyungsoo who was the last member to leave the room heard it and rushed back to the whimpering puppy. "Baek. Are you alright?" Kyungsoo quietly asked, rubbing the shoulder of the patient with watering eyes.

Baekhyun calmed his breathing, his eyes finally relenting the tears to be shed before he sighed in relief. "I'm fine. Komawo." He smiled a bit albeit still laced with pain. "Aish. How do you expect yourself to perform well at your current state?"

Kyungsoo helped Baekhyun to stand up and freshen himself before they both went to where the others were waiting. "Komawo, Soo. I just really want to-"

"I know. So rely on us." Kyungsoo interrupted, his hand working on tying the shoelaces of the other vocalist.

They went inside the van, carefully helping Baekhyun so he will not be in more pain than he currently is. They insisted on having him drink painkillers but the latter rejected saying that it will make him feel more lethargic. They drove safely to the site where a lot of fans were waiting thus after dressing up, they were called on stage.

Baekhyun was walking with Jongdae's and Kyungsoo's help and he was surprised to see a classy chair at the center stage. A red tint started forming on his face as he sat down while the others got to their positions. Crowd was shouting, cheering for the whole group. Baekhyun just stared in bewilderment until the song cued the start of their performance.

The fans requested El Dorado and so they started singing with their lightsticks (lightsabers?) while Baekhyun blasted his notes while sitting. The smiles on the members' faces were shown even if they were required to be serious during the whole song, their dances radiating warmth althroughout as Baekhyun focuses on his lines, the embarrassment forgotten.

When the bridge part started, all of s formed a circle around him without him noticing as he prepares his voice for the high note. He stood up to belt out his first high note. The others smiled at the powerful voice as they kept on dancing, still facing him.

The second high note was enough for a very loud cheer to follow from the crowd. Baekhyun sang 'til the end. When the song ended, his hand crept to his side, his knees getting weak from the adrenaline getting drained. He looked at his fellow members with a smile, a smile that all of them were waiting to see.

They rushed to Baekhyun for a hug, also to prevent the vocalist from collapsing on National television. Baekhyun clung onto Chanyeol and he smiled so wide it can blind everyone in the stage. "I found my El Dorado." He whispered before Chanyeol carried him on his back. "Thank you." Baekhyun groggily whispered.

"We will always be ONE." They muttered.

Cause even if there will be no fans, forever they will be there for one another.

-----------------------------------------------

baekhyuneexo: *pic of OT12* Thank you for being my El Dorado.