Chapter I.

Top That.

“Saengil chuka hamnida. Saengil chuka hamnida. Jigueseo ujueseo. Jeil saranghamida. Saranghae, Kevin!”

The blonde beamed at his four best friends that stood around the table; clapping and laughing when he blew the three candles out on his personalized cake. It was a little childish to have a pink cake with balloons but eighteen wasn’t too old, just old enough in Kevin’s opinion. The presents came next, Eli making sure he was first to hand his over. “Seriously, Eli, an iPhone?”

“Yeah! Now we can Skype when you visit your family in the states.”

“We couldn’t do that before?”

“We could, I would just have to wait till you got to a computer, turn it on, let everything load, then sign in. Ah, too much waiting! You know I need my gay lover to give me advice on women.”

Kevin raised an eyebrow, finding slight humor in his nickname that he had received when Eli found ut he was gay but for some reason didn’t find the bird-boy even somewhat attractive or alluring. “Right, ‘cause I’m the perfect candidate for that. You need new friend.”

“Hey! He has me! Eli, Baby, you can always ask me for advice. I am older.”

“Ew! Xander, I can’t ask you for advice! You make Kevin look straight!”

“Wait,” Hoon interjected this time, “do you even like girls, Eli?”

“I think he does, Hyung. He gives me advice.” The maknae jumped in just as he sat next to Kevin so he could have a slide of cake.

“No wonder you don’t have a girlfriend. Leave my poor baby alone so he can live a sin free life and experience what a girl feels like,” Alexander chided, following Dongho’s example by sitting on the other side of Kevin to wait for a piece of cake.

“Alexander, do you even know what that feels like?” Kevin let the words come out without hesitance as he pushed a knife through the moist cheese cake..

The eldest smiled sheepishly when he was the first to receive cake, “No, I’m still a .”

“Exactly. I’m gay, you’re innocent, Dongho is the baby, Hoon is a G, and Eli us, undoubtfully, a manwhore. Look! We’re all in high school together!”

----

The building looked slightly ominous besides the neon lights and bouncer that gave it away as a dance club. Music couldn’t be heard until the door was opened, and when it was, Kevin was blessed with the pounding beat and thundering a cheers for the DJ’s personalized mixes. The mixes, to Kevin, sounded pretty damn good from where he was standing.

“Hoon, I’m kinda nervous,” Kevin murmured while weaving a hand around his friend’s bicep.

“Eh, don’t be, you have Eli and me with you. Which reminds me, you’re a pretty cute guy, so be cautious of everyone. IF someone bothers you get Eli or me, ‘kay?”

“Got it.”

Even though he nodded, Kevin’s heart reverberated against his chest, the sound of rushing blood slowly syncing up with the music he could faintly hear through the brick walls. He looked ahead to stare at the bounces. He was tall with a muscular structure. And getting a better look, Kevin decided he wasn’t his type. Besides the muscular face and broad shoulders the guy looked a little lanky. Not like Kevin, but a…bouncer-type of lanky. The way he towered over Kevin when he was showing his ID made him cowar a little towards his two friends. It was Hoon that made the atmosphere light.

“This is my best friend’s first time here.”

“Ohh, so he’s a ?”

For the first time, Kevin heard Hoon emit a giggling-laugh.

Pretty much. Got any tips for him?”

The man nodded sincerely, “Yeah. No matter what, watch the DJ. He knows everything and by watching him, you’ll know what to do. He might even make eye contact with you,” and with that, the man let them through secretly winking at either Kevin or Hoon, He wasn’t too sure who.

Once inside, Kevin had to stop walking and let his eyes adjust to the dark surroundings and spot lights that lit up ten different places in less than five seconds. It was Eli that pulled him further in, bringing him out to the middle of the bobbing crowd. The adrenaline from the music and high atmosphere started flowing through, but before he could really get into the song, the music came to a sudden halt and a neon green line shown up to the DJ’s booth. And that was when Kevin saw him.

The raven haired man stood above the on-looking crowd, one side of a pair of BEATS over his ear and the other hanging, and one arm above his head, fist pounding in the air like he was the prince of the place, and from where he was standing, he looked the part.

“Wussup, wussup, Excitement Seekers! Are you ready?!”

The crowd roared, but the DJ didn’t look pleased.

“I can’t hear you!”

The crowd livened up once more, this time the glass shattering cheers left a loud, high-pitched ringing in Kevin’s ears. But he didn’t dwell on that. In a flash of neon blue lights, a silhouette appeared and an audiblegash of a soft “yes” was released on the right side of Kevin-Eli was staring wide eyed at the unknown figure that slowly descended from the DJ’s booth. Whether it was a guy or girl, Kevin didn’t know, but they were smooth with their movements. Their hips swayed to the fast reverberating music that faded in and out and Kevin found himself mirroring Eli.

With a loud bang, Kevin shot his head to the other side of the DJ where another silhouette appeared behind a cloud of gray smoke. The person’s hand moved to their mouth, an object evidently clinched between their fingers:

“Annyeong!”

The crowd around Kevin yelled back at the man with the baritone voice.

“I can’t hear you! Annyeong!”

Again the crowd repeated him, this time the howls louder.

“Let’s get this party started!”

The crowd roared and cheered, giving Kevin goose bumps. He felt lost and out of place, but the words that the bouncer had said to him made him look over to the DJ, searching for a sign of what he was suppose to do.  The DJ’s face was illuminated by the lights, giving Kevin a quick, very subtle, picture of who was creating the mixed beats. He stared until he felt someone tap him. It was Eli and all Keivn could say was that he looked highly enthusiastic.

“Watch what happens. These guys are amazing when it comes to dancing, but sometimes I think they teach each other.”

Kevin nodded once and turned back to the dance floor where the two silhouettes had now formed into two guys, both rather handsome in Kevin’s opinion. The one that had been riling up the crowed was broad and had a very distinguished face. He wore a black vest that let his chest and arm muscles to ripple freely for everyone’s eyes to see. The other one only wore jeans, his upper body bare and glistening. Women were howling and men were ogling. Kevin found himself unable to look away. He couldn’t hear the words that were exchanged between the men, but he could see the challenging glares they gave one another. He also felt Eli’s hand grip his wrist, the older one’s breath coming out in long, fast gasps.

Music started, the raging and thundering compositions filling the club once more. Kevin watched the guys like a drama, being drawn in further with each second they stared at one another until one moved, his body becoming lithe and writhing with the popping beats of the song. The other joined in, challenging and defensive in his dancing. The one without a shirt moved his body in incomparable ways. All Kevin could say was that it looked like the man was making love to everything around him. It anyone in the club was a , they weren’t anymore.

And that also meant Kevin.

It the dancing wasn’t enough, the vest guy let a long note out louder and stronger than Kevin’s ever heard. That note turned into words that were soothing to Kevin’s ears, even if it was a fast, upbeat song. The words were demanding to the other man who crossed his muscular arms over his perspired chest. Out of the crowed came two other men, both dressed in tank tops and jeans, but their faces were covered by the baseball caps they both wore.  They teamed up behind the non-singing guy, barely glancing at one another as they fell into step with the music, the dancer following suit.

Kevin was mesmerized by the way one guy sang and how to other danced, even going as far as pulling a girl from the crowed and leading her into the dance. She must have known what she was doing because they way her hips moved and her legs brushed the dancer’s, Kevin’s felt like he was watching a o.  

The music came to a sudden halt and the DJ’s voice rang out once more:

“Give it up for Kiseop and Soohyun! Soohyun wrote the song he was singing and Kiseop, as usual, choreographed the dance—the y little lady was just a bonus.”

Kevin listened to the man speak, not even noticing the dancers leave the dance floor and disappearing through a door off to the side wall. He admired the DJ; he didn’t seem the slightest bit nervous or at awe with anything that just happened—he seemed content and at home. He felt a little taken aback when the mixer bid a farewell and goodnight and introduced the next DJ, someone that didn’t draw Kevin’s attention one bit.

Hoon pulled Kevin to a table, mouth going a mile a minute about the song and dancing, shaking his head in disappointment. “It was better last time. I think Kiseop was tired tonight, though. Soohyun, too.”

Kevin only nodded, silently wondering when Eli and Hoon ever had the time to go clubbing.

Eli soon joined them, sipping on some type of beverage that caught Kevin’s eye with its red tint. “Kiseop looked better without a shirt. He should wear that more often.”

“Why, so you can ogle him?”

Hoon busted out laughing and in the flashing darkness, Kevin saw the other’s cheeks redden. Eli was the straight guy in their group, but now Kevin saw the true story behind his friend. He liked muscular guys that could move better than any girl—even if he didn’t know yet himself.

“Hoon, Eli, did you enjoy the guys? They didn’t work on this that much, only a day or so.”

Kevin flinched, the voice behind him all too familiar and he felt himself tense up.

“Yo, Kibummie!” Hoon moved from next to Kevin to behind him where the guy was speaking from, a little happier than usual to see a friend, “I want you to meet our best friend, Kevin.”

“Oh, the one you guys don’t shut up about?”

Even blushing, Keivn turned around at Eli’s order, smiling at the guy that had just been at the DJ’s booth, “Hi, nice to meet you.”

Kibum, the DJ, smile through the darkness, seemingly surprised by Kevin’s appearance. “Oh, I was watching you from the booth. You looked kinda cute just watching me and the others. Sorry, but you gave me something to look at while that performance was going on. Anyways, Hoon and Eli, they said you were from America but you speak pretty good Korean. I’m Kibum, the main DJ here.”

Kevin nodded, smiling until what Kibum had said finally hit him. “Wait, what? You were watching me because I was cute?” Kevin groaned when the man nodded, “Ah! So embarrassing! I’ve never been to a club before so I was shocked.”

Kibum laughed and surprised Kevin when his hand was on his shoulder and face way too close—Kevin could smell his cologne and minty breath. “Yeah, you’re kinda cute. Way cuter than any of the girls here; you should come more often.” Kibum pushed a few strands behind Kevin’s ear and brushed his lips across his cheek before rushing off.

Kevin stood there in place, frozen and unresponsive. It was Hoon’s arm that was slung over his shoulders that brought him back, “I think he pretty much just asked you to dance.”

“Huh? What?”

“Look, he’s watching for you to follow him to the dance floor. Go!”

He pushed forward, his legs moving on their own accord and his eyes never leaving Kibum’s figure. He watched the guy turn every few seconds until he finally stopped at a random place in the crowed, his eyes beckoning him to keep moving forward. It was an odd situation for Kevin to be on. He forgot the craziness of it all when Kibum’s warm hand smoothed around his waist and flattening at the small of his back, pulling him close until they were against one another.

Kevin let his body move on its own accord. When it started to get too hot, he looked up at Kibum and felt himself slightly tense up. The man was looking down at him, his eyes mysterious and mystifying and Kevin felt like he was drowning.


A/N: Yep, here's chapter one. :) After waiting and waiting, here it is. It isn't that long, but that's fine. I plan to update this every Wednesday. Thanks to ems_21 for typing up half of it yesterday. I kinda figured I wouldn't be able to do it. Haha. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this small chapter and look forward to chapter two. 

Should I start giving chapter spoilers? Eh.