The Wedding Dance

The Wedding Dance

“Look at the two of you dancing that way
Lost in the moment and each other’s face
So much in love, you’re alone in this place,
Like there’s nobody else in the world”        

The lights went off and the music started flowing into the air. Kyungsoo couldn’t believe this was happening. After everything they went through, he just couldn’t believe it. It was like a dream he had years ago, he used to be 100% sure that this couldn’t happen, but here they are and it feels like heaven. Jongin’s warm arms surrounding perfectly his waist, his arms around the younger’s neck touching his pretty tanned skin and caressing it slightly, looking at each other with little drops of happiness in the corner of their eyes and cute gentle smiles. Everything was perfect. They were dancing their song, the one that they used to dance after everyone left the training room; hiding their relationship at that time was goddamned hard but in those moments there were just the two of them, without any worries, dancing alone in their little big world. But now, that feeling of constant fear and all the lies they have told are over, right now, they are with the people they love and believed in them, the people that worth it.
Kyungsoo was nervous af, his legs couldn´t stop shaking ,his heart felt like it was going to rip his chest and run out of there, his hands were like a waterfall, he giggled to himself because this behavior was familiar to his body ,that’s how he felt the first time Jongin kissed him. He remembers it like it had just happened a few hours ago, it wasn’t like the perfect kiss people write in a book or act in a movie, but it was full of love and shut emotions.

Kyungsoo hadn’t had a good day, he woke up with an awful headache, in the meal his food flew like a free spirit out of his hands, he couldn’t make the choreography work with his feet and as if it wasn’t enough, he stumbled with Chanyeol’s leg and fell on his still not healed shoulder. Everyone left but he continued practicing until his legs couldn’t take more and lay down on the cool wooden floor, he placed his hands on the back of his head and closed his eyes, but the sound of the door opening made him reopen them and his favorite silhouette appeared, Jongin; He entered the room with a gesture impressed on his face of surprise and confusion.

“W…what are you doing here, Kyungsoo? Are you ok…kay?” -Jongin asked a little bit nervous.

“Oh Jongin-ah~ it´s you” -Kyungsoo replied with fake surprise; his voice a higher note than his original tone.

Jongin started playing with his ear, a habit Kyungsoo has spotted he does when he’s nervous. “Yeah, heh, it’s me, what are you doing here so late?”-He repeated- “We left a while ago, everyone is already asleep, you should be resting, Hyung.”

 “Same goes for you, Jongin”-Kyungsoo looked up at him with bright tired eyes and tapped the floor with his hand, inviting him to sit together. They both were sitting cross-legged, their bodies facing each other. Their eyes connected and like a gleam, their gaze broke. Kyungsoo pointed his eyes to the right, trying to guess why Jongin was there so late at night.

“So?”- Jongin asked, drawing Kyungsoo’s attention from his thoughts.

“So~?” – Kyungsoo repeat, not understanding what Jongin referred.

“Why are you here?”- He questioned for the third time, a giggle left his mouth, he knew how Kyungsoo always spaced out and it was funny seeing him open his eyes to the fullest; he grabbed Kyungsoo’s hands and started playing with his fingers.

“Oh right, I was practicing the new choreography, I couldn’t figure it out fast enough like the others, so I was working on it”- Kyungsoo finally explained to Jongin with disappointment in his eyes. He felt silly because Jongin is perfect at dancing; when Jongin is dancing he can’t seem to take his eyes off him. He could perceive his stare but didn´t return it. The moment Jongin started talking to him, he again rubbed his ear with one hand and his view went right to his other hand with his fingers intertwined with the eldest.

Kyungsoo looked at him with wide eyes and he could observe how Jongin´s ears were taking a slightly red color while he was starting to talk- “Aah~, thank you for your hard work. You know, if you ever have another problem with the choreographies, just tell me and I can help you with it, ‘kay? – Jongin kept playing with their hands, rubbing his thumb along Kyungsoo’s fingers.

“Y..Yeah, thank you” – Kyungsoo left his eyes down and a tiny shy smile spread on his face, “And you, wh…why are you here?” –he stuttered, Jongin’s words and his soft hands still touching his cold skin weren´t helping his awkwardness.

Jongin’s body tensed up and he removed his hands. – “Can we lie down, please?”- He finally said after a few moments of what seemed to be a battle with himself inside his head. His voice cracking a little bit.

They lay down, their bodies were so close that Kyungsoo could feel Jongin’s arms and hair brushing with his; they were looking at the ceiling. Kyungsoo furrowed a little bit his brows and pressed his lips, he was concerned. *What if something bad has happened to Jongin?*

“Is everything okay, Jongin-ah?” Kyungsoo asked, and in that moment Jongin slowly connected their hands together again. Kyungsoo was so worried, his hands were like a waterfall and he hoped for Jongin not to notice.

“This is the only place where my heart doesn´t feel like it´s going to explode at any moment” Jongin said while staring at the ceiling like there were stars shining above them. Kyungsoo couldn’t understand.  He stopped breathing, *Does Jongin have a heart disease?* It was the only thing Kyungsoo’s brain could manage to deduce. Now he was scared, he stood up, his body began to tremble and he started shouting a bunch of questions - “Jongin, a...are you sick? Is your heart unhealthy? Does it have a cure? Do you need a transplant? Why didn´t you tell us? You know you can trust…”- He stopped when he heard the loudest and beautiful laugh he had ever heard, but he was confused af, Why Jongin was laughing? Wasn’t this serious? His life was in danger.

“Kyungsoo-nah pabo~!” - Jongin was dying of laughter still on the floor – “I do NOT have a heart disease, you moron. It’s because here I can be alone, without you, I like you a lot, so every time I am with you my heart feels like it is in an Olympic race”- He stopped laughing and covered his mouth with his hands, his eyes increased and his face was redder than roses in season.

Kyungsoos's jaw dropped. *Did Kim Jongin has just confessed to me?!?!?* Kyungsoo couldn´t conceive the idea of Jongin liking him. It has to be a joke. His heart felt like it was going to rip his chest and run out of there.This was the best day ever; everything bad that has happened to him that day didn’t matter anymore. His beloved Kim Jongin has just confessed to him and now he was 10010% sure it wasn’t a dream like the other times he had woken up with tears in his eyes because it had only been his mind tricking him.

Jongin was still lying, except that now he was prone on the floor and hitting his face with it, whispering and repeating the words “idiot, idiot”. Suddenly, he stood up and started talking quickly, his forehead had a red mark and his eyes showed anxiousness - “Kyungsoo, , I’m sorry, I wanted to do this properly, I even prepared a speech in my head every nig…”- But this time Jongin were the one that was interrupted by laughs, Kyungsoo was now by his side on the floor twisting and snickering to death; he didn´t comprehend, Was Kyungsoo laughing at him?; Jongin entered in panic, What if Kyungsoo didn´t like him? What if Kyungsoo was making fun of him? Worst, What if he thinks he’s repulsive and didn’t want to be his friend anymore?

“JONGIN-AH!!”- Kyungsoo screamed for like the hundred time, he had been calling Jongin for what seems like hours and he finally was pulled apart from his terrible nonstop thoughts. “Jongin, calm down, I..I like you too”- Kyungsoo declared a bit nervous,cheeks red crimson, he chewed his lip and glanced at Jongin with lovingly eyes – “and you know that I´m simple, I don´t like pretentious things, you didn´t have to give me a discourse, I get the idea with easy words, and honestly, this was superb”

“Really?” - Jongin sighed looking back at Kyungsoo with shining eyes. Both now were lying on the floor facing each other.-“Yeah, Really”- Kyungsoo whispered. They stayed like that for a few minutes, contemplating each other’s faces, noticing every mole and every flaw they had. Then, Kyungsoo knew what was coming up next; he could feel the moment happening, and his legs couldn´t stop shaking. He gulped when Jongin placed his hand and rubbed it on his red warm cheek- “You are so stunning, you know?” – Jongin murmured after he began to get closer. Kyungsoo blushed even more, if it was possible, and from this distance he could smell better Jongin’s special scent; he always had the curiosity of knowing if it was his natural scent or some kind of cologne, whatever it was Kyungsoo loved it. Jongin’s eyesight was moving from his lips to eyes. Kyungsoo couldn´t hear anything besides their breaths and his pounding heart. His sight went blurry when he felt Jongin’s warm lips pressed with his heart ones; he closed his eyes letting his senses follow the moment. Jongin´s lips were soft and sweet, a thousand times better than he had imagined. Their lips started to move timidly and the only thing Kyungsoo could feel was that weird thing his stomach did the first time he saw Jongin dancing but increased to an unimaginable level. He grabbed Jongin’s hand and interviewed his fingers. He felt like flying between stars. Jongin parted slowly his lips from Kyungsoo’s, leaving teeny kisses in the proses and caring gently the side of his neck- “I had always had dreams about this, but the real thing is indescribable”- Jongin was the first one to talk –“Yeah, I know”- Kyungsoo responded with a soft tone and a giggle escaped from both of them. Kyungsoo placed his head on Jongin’s chest and he stoke the elder's hair carelessly- “What if we take a photo?”- Jongin suddenly spoke- “What?!”- Kyungsoo turned his face to saw his beloved with surprise and curiosity – “Yeah, so we can picture this moment and in the future we can return to the photo and remember this event more detailed”- Jongin explained- “You are so weird, but okay, just because your argument made sense”- Kyungsoo reapplied and with a playful face he climbed Jongin and placed his head in one of the sides of the younger. Then he took the photo. 

Jongin noticed Kyungsoo’s giggle and asked –“What am I missing that is so funny?”- Kyungsoo looked at him with a glowing smile and explained- “Do you remember our first kiss?”- Jongin started to laugh- “Yeah, how could I forget you thought I had a heart disease”- Kyungsoo’s face went blank and he hit the Younger's arm- “I really got scared, I thought I would miss you”- Kyungsoo seemed sad- “But I am here, aren´t I?” – Jongin whispered in Kyungsoo’s lips after giving him a sweet tiny kiss –“Yes, and I am so lucky to have you”- Kyungsoo said putting their foreheads together and glancing Jongin’s beautiful brown orbs. 

They were lost in the moment and each other’s faces. So much in love, they were alone in that place,
like there was nobody else in the world. Both listening closely to their song; feeling his heartbeats synchronizing each other. They had the best feeling in his chest with chills running down their spines.

Being this happy made Jongin remember how excited he felt when Kyungsoo accepted marrying him. All the stress he passed because of that day was worthwhile.

Jongin had been planning this for months, everything had to be perfect. He and Sehun had been looking for lights in every store possible but it wasn´t Christmas season, so it made it more difficult to find the same type of lights. His idea was to cover the training room with black sheets so it would go completely dark, then Jongin would buy one of those projectors that fill the rooms with stars and for his grand finale he, Sehun and Taemin would make little holes to one sheet so they could insert the lights and form the sentence “Will you marry me?” Jongin wanted to demonstrate Kyungsoo how he felt the first time they kissed in that precise room. Sehun and Taemin said it was really cheesy, but Jongin didn’t care, he always had been that way and this time he would not screw the moment like when he confessed to his jagi. He knew Kyungsoo wouldn’t want it to be with a lot of people surrounding them, like in a restaurant (so cliché for his tastes) or in a concert (drama, drama and more drama), so he thought this would be a perfect scenario just for the two of them, a moment just them could remember.

The day has come and Jongin couldn’t wait to get out of that smelly Chinese restaurant. He was really excited; he would take the hand of his jagi that night, though he was anxious because he felt Kyungsoo was mad at him for not arriving last night to the dorms and cuddle with him like they did every night. Kyungsoo never said a word about it but his actions demonstrate his true feelings; all day he had been ignoring Jongin by not replying to his calls, avoiding him and even cut eye contact, which was the most important thing to Jongin. But it didn’t affect his plans on the marrying thing. He was sure it would make him forget everything. And even if he wanted to explain Kyungsoo the reason why he didn´t arrive last night, he couldn’t have done it cause he, Sehun and Taemin passed the last night preparing the training room to the point it would look exactly how Jongin had pictured it in his head.

Jongin had already told everyone the plan ; when they went out of the restaurant, Xiumin, Chen, Suho and Baekhyung were going to be the group “K”, grab Kyungsoo and ride the white van, meanwhile, Chanyeol, Lay, Sehun and Jongin were going to be the group “J” and take the black van. Group “K” was in charge of “inform” Kyungsoo that SM was having a surprise party and they needed him to sing a couple of songs for the dinner, they had to change Kyung into a fancy tuxedo and leave him at the training room by 11:00 pm. On the other hand, group “J” had the task to check every single Christmas light worked and see if everything were in the right place. Jongin would change in the bathroom and run to the training room carefully, without anyone noticing him. 

Everyone was so nervous and Jongin could feel his heart punching his throat *what if Kyungsoo didn´t believe in the“SM party”?* He knew how Soo could be very skeptical sometimes and he wished the guys would make a good job in convincing him. They all went out of the restaurant and the plan began.

Kyungsoo didn´t have a problem with not going with Jongin in the same van, he was still mad at him, so it didn´t affect him.  As soon as they were on board, Suho told him about the SM party and at first he didn´t believe them, like Jongin predicted, he thought it was some kind of childish joke until he saw Baekhyung’s face blank, he knew how Baek was always obvious and couldn´t hide his grin, but this time he was serious af, so he believed them. He took the suit still a little bit uncertain about the situation and changed on the back of the van.

Meanwhile, in the SM building, Jongin was losing his head, he couldn´t find his right shoe. He just couldn´t cope with the idea of him forgetting to bring a goddamned shoe. And he damned himself for using sandals that day. No-one could lend him his shoes because Lay was the only one who was wearing “formal shoes” and he was one number below from Jongin’s. In the end, Jongin accepted the reality and decided to stay like that, barefoot. He thought this could be funny in the future, sheep shy, but funny.

10:40 pm

Jongin was dying because of jitters. Just twenty minutes were left. His feet were freezing and his head hurts. His heartbeats were going crazy and he had little drops of cold sweat on his forehead.

10:50 pm

“Group K” arrived at the SM building. Only Kyungsoo and Baekhyun went off the van. When Kyungsoo realized Baek wasn’t leading him to the Event Salon he started to feel anxious and out of nowhere, something covered his eyes.

-Baekhyun~ah- Kyungsoo sounded upset.

-Mmhm?- Baekhyun mumbled happily.

- Could you please tell me where are we going?

-Nope- Baek replied popping the “pe” with a smirk on his face.

-Come on Baekhyun, I’m not in the mood for jokes, just tell me.

Baekhyun ignored him and they kept walking a little bit more.

Kyungsoo's nervousness was increasing. He started caressing his hands to calm himself. He had no idea what his “friends” have planned this time. He was tired of his childish pranks. But he thought this time they have crossed the line, because why would they dress him up in a ing tuxedo if it wasn’t that bad.

11:00pm

-Well, here we are, it’s not a prank Kyungsoo, calm down.-Baekhyun stopped and opened a door, he patted Soo’s back and then pushed him into an unknown room.

Jongin viewed how Kyungsoo was pushed into the room, he looked so handsome with that elegant suit but he had something that wasn´t planned, he had a band covering his beautiful eyes.

Kyungsoo was trembling and his respiration was starting to be breathy.

-Kyungsoo- Jongin talked sweetly and hugged him

The elder jumped a little and kept his arms to himself – Jon…Jongin?- He sounded like he was in the verged of crying.

-Yes, babe- Jongin soughed in his ear and took the blue ribbon out of Kyungsoo’s big eyes.

When his gaze was finally free he couldn´t believe what he was looking at. The room was shadowy and every part of the room was full of little lights that simulated stars. He felt like he was in the starry sky.

 

Then his sight went down and he saw Jongin with one knee on the floor and a tiny box with a silver ring inside of it.

 

-Kyungsoo, the day you stared at my eyes for the first time I was scared, to be honest- they both laughed-  but the moment we started talking we made an instant click. With the passing of time, I began to notice the way your peaceful voice pass between you plum lips, how your tender eyes shine when you talk about something you are passionate about, all your delicate actions and also your weird side that never fails to make me laugh. The first time I saw you heart shaped smile, I swear to god my heart skipped a beat and before I knew I was already in love with you. Whenever I’m down you illuminate my world with just a touch and a sweet melody. Every time we are apart I can´t help to look at the sky and not see your face in the stars. You are my soulmate, my best friend, my one true love. Do Kyungsoo, Will you marry me?-

In that instant, the same phrase appeared in the back of the room and tears of joy were running down Kyungsoo’s rounded cheeks.

-I…-Kyungsoo couldn’t pronounce a word. He was just so amazed. He nodded, he wanted to pass his whole life with Jongin, he wanted to have children with him, three, like his lover always had said, he wanted to get older with Jongin, the love of his life.

Jongin placed his hand on Kyungsoo’s cheek and kissed him sweetly, softly, with so much love running between their lips. Everything was perfect, their song started playing and they began to slow dancing with the beautiful melody wrapping them. He almost forgot his barefoot were frizzing.

-I love you Kim Jongin.- Kyungsoo could finally talk, well, whisper. He placed his head on the Youngers warm neck and gave him a peck.

Jongin felt chills running down his spine and burst into tears. He was the happiest man on earth. Now they didn´t have to hide anymore, he could scream to the world that Do Kyungsoo was his soulmate, his best friend, his everything.

-I love you too, Jagi.

After the song finished Kyungsoo notice something weird in Jongin.

-Jongin?-Kyungsoo suddenly spoke

-Mhhm?- He looked at Soo with puppy eyes.

-Why are you barefoot?- He looked at him with a little smile on his face.

-Oh, yeah,that,Iforgottobringmyrightshoe- He mumbled fast

-What?

-I forgot to bring my right shoe, I was so excited about this that I forgot my goddamned right shoe, that’s how dumbfounded you have me - Jongin said embarrassed.

Both dropped their sight to Jongin´s feet, he moved his fingers and they laughed.

“Do you like my feet?”-Jongin asked. “What a strange thing to be thinking about in our first dance, Do Jongin”- Kyungsoo arched his eyebrow and a smirk showed in his slightly pink lips. “Do Jongin? Huh? What if we keep my last name, Kim Kyungsoo?”- Jongin said. “Yeah, it sounds better”- Kyungsoo giggled- “But seriously, what´s with the weird question? Of course, I like your feet, but why?”- Jongin closed his eyes and inclined his head - “Because I was thinking when I proposed to you…- Jongin was interrupted- “And you forgot your right shoe so you had to stay barefoot, yeah that was so hilarious babe”- Kyungsoo completed and gave Jongin’s nose a little kiss, standing on his tiptoes.

Suddenly, the music stopped and the lights went off. A reflector pointed to the stage and Baekhyun, Chen, Suho and Luhan were there, the music started and Suho began to sing…

Lying beside you here in the dark

Feeling your heart beat with mine

Softly you whisper, you're so sincere

How could our love be so blind…

Kyungsoo and Jongin were surprised and touched, they didn´t know their friends prepared this and feeling their support made them even more emotional. At first, no one accepted their relationship, they said it was too risky and would put on the border line their careers, all of their hard work would be thrown away.

We sailed on together

We drifted apart

And here you are

By my side…

Thanks’ to that they had problems, fights, they even thought about breaking up for the safety of the group, but they just couldn’t give up in their love. So they accepted the situation and got through all the blocking and mistreat of SM.

So now I come to you

With open arms

Nothing to hide

Believe what I say

So here I am

With open arms

Hoping you'll see

What your love means to me

Open arms

But right now that ends, at this precise moment, all that bad memories are forgotten. They are partners for life until death does them apart.

The song ended and everyone clapped, they were crying again and went to hug their friends. Chanyeol stood up and hit slightly his glass with a fork to get the attention and make a toast - “When Jongin first meet Kyungsoo, we had filming that day so on the way back home, Suho had asked Kyungsoo to join us to eat, but Jongin said I don´t want to eat with that Hyung - everyone laughed although Chanyeol always tell this story- and the funny thing here is that eventually, he became the closest to Kyungsoo the fastest. What I am trying to say is that this love didn’t have a perfect beginning but they had a perfect development, I have never seen in my life such a perfect pairing, they went through a lot and they´re still going strong. I remember one time I asked Kyungsoo how he knew Jongin was the one and he answered me “I don’t know, It´s just a feeling, when I see him all of my stress disappear, I feel safe and my strength come back to my body” – An “Awww” were chanted , Jongin hugged Kyungsoo and gave him a little peak on the lips-  and that made think about how love is not a thing that you can define, it´s a lot of feelings combined into one word, and clearly everyone feel it different, it´s subjective, beautiful and mysterious. The base of a long lasting romance is respect, trust, connection, honesty, care, loyalty and I could keep going and they would fit every one of them, seriously, Kyungsoo and Jongin are that kind of couple you are jealous of, they fit each other so well, I see them always supporting and caring one another; and like all pairings also fighting over little stupid things like Jongin forgetting things or Kyungsoo being grumpy, but all those little things are what make them special. Ladies and Gentlemen, please all join me in a toast. To the happy couple made in heaven, long may their love last! Cheers! 

Everyone clapped and Jongin took Kyungsoo´s waist and inclined him to kiss him like couples do in the movies. Then they proceeded to cut the cake and enjoy the party to the fullest dancing and laughing with their loved ones.

After all the moments they had passed, good ones, bad ones, finally this much-desired event had come. Their life paths intertwined in such a beautiful and unique way and it looked like they were planned to be together since the beginning.

When the party ended and everyone went home, they went to the little park behind the saloon and sat on a bench; they admired the stunning full moon and the stars, their hands entwined, Kyungsoo’s head resting on Jongin’s shoulder, and his cheek touching his beloved hair. - D.O-yah-  Jongin talked and Kyungsoo looked up to see a pair of cute puppy eyes- Ohranghea - the elder laughed and responded- I always knew you were the one how wrote that cheesy acronym, you were so obvious- Kyungsoo straightened and connected eyes with Jongin, who placed his hand on his rounded cheek and unite their foreheads , the night breeze was cold and the smell of wet grass filled their lugs, Kyungsoo closed his eyes and instantly felt Jongin’s warm lips touching his cold ones, it wasn’t frightening, like their first, neither desperate, like the ones they had the first time they made love, it was peaceful and sweet, perfect. They pulled apart and opened their eyes, Jongin whispered with a smile on his lips- I can’t wait to spend all my life beside you.-

THE END


                                                          Hello! I really hope you liked it!