Time we spent as strangers

MYUNGSOO ONE SHOT IMAGINES [REQUEST OPEN]

Kim Jinhui, as the book worm she is, always dwells in this library after school is over. Being a highschool senior is tough. Have to focus on studies not having time to read novels and stuff her style.

She's not so outdoor, her friends always as a 'book-nerd', which she didn't really care anyway.

Its been 10 days since, she visited her second home due to her mid-sem exam. And now, here she is walking in the doorway of the library.

Mr.Jung, the librarian smiles at her.

"Good to have you back, Ms Jinhui" he said amused as the girl  looked around the changed structure of the hall.

"Oh.. Made some changes"he said sliding up his glasses up his nose. The girl nodded and walked in to explore the sections.

Her steps were quiet as usual. Her head move from side to side, moving backwards only to hit someone's back. 

"Sorry" she mumbled. He seems to nod his head in acceptance as he was backfacing her.

She quickly left the spot, confused with the sudden change. She walked to the counter near Mr.Jung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ajushi, why so much change? I can't seem to find a thing" she complained. The old man chuckled and call out.

"Myungsoo-ah"

The name startled her for a second there, and it wasn't even a minute for the 'Myungsoo' to pop out of nowhere.

"Yes?" A decent, handsome looking guy, seems to be about 20, came out.

Jinhui looked at him and he did the same.

" the Lady" Mr. Jung said. Myungsoo nod once and walked away, Jinhui following him suit.

She followed him until,

"Where to?" He turned back and asked.

"Ya know, where this book 'Time we spent as strangers' is?" She asked failing to notice the book in the male's hands.

Myungsoo seem to be startled a bit. His hands slowly move at his back so she won't notice.

"Why? You need it?" He asked making the girl a bit annoyed. Wasn't he supposed to help her find books? Of course, she needs it.

"Yes" she said calmly keeping her politeness.

"I don't think we have that book he--" his sentence was cut off as she replied.

"I read it 10 days ago here and there was only one piece to read" 

Myungsoo scratch the back of his head 'one piece..duh. That's why I'm hiding it'

"I understand that you may not have heard about the book but--"

He rolled his eyes and gave her the book before walking away annoyed.

"Tsk.." She shakes her head in disapproval of his behaviour.

*-*-*

Next day,

Jinhui was reading the book of yesterday as she sat on the table. Today was a lot different than those other days. She just couldn't seem to concentrate the more she reads it . Why? 

Cause this Myungsoo guy popped out from nowhere again and has been sitting opposite of her and keeps on staring at her. She wasn't one to get involve with males let alone strangers but she's getting out of tolerance zone.

"Excuse me?" She asked staring back at him. Myungsoo acted as what he was doing is so normal. He calmly pointed to the book, she was reading.

"What?" She asked again.

"When you gonna finish?" He asked keeping short.

"If you keep on disturbing me, there's no way I'm gonna finish"she said sternly. He nodded and walked away as if he is no longer 'disturbing' her.

*-*-*

Next day,

"Ajushi, the new guy here, is he a worker?"she asked curious as to why she sees him everyday.

"Yes, dear. My nephew actually" he replied smiling 

She nodded.

"Why? Interested?"he asked amused.

"Nah..You know me. I'm not into those things" she replied.

"Hahaha..yes"he laughed.

"I'm not interested in you either."Myungsoo retorted out of nowhere again, startling her and just walked away.

"You asked about him though"Mr. Jung laughed and said.

"Nah..just curious as you never keep a worker before and handled it all by yourself"

"Well..that's true."he nodded

She left to sit at a far-off area and started reading.

"Hi Ms. No-interest-in-me" Myungsoo sat down and waved at her smiling.

"I told you, I hav--"

"I need that book too, really soon to be honest"he replied interrupting her

"Sat here..so I can take it right after you finish it"he added.

"I don't think I'll be able to finish--"

"OK then"he said before standing up leaving her.

'Why does he keep on interrupting me? Rude' she mumbled.

*-*-*

Next day,

The girl chose to sit down in one of the sections of the bookshelf, leaning on it.

When she was getting into the book, suddenly dust seem to fly out of nowhere as she started coughing.

"Ah-choo! *cough* *cough cough*"

People at the library started looking her way, annoyed at the noise. She too got annoyed as she look up the shelf and found Myungsoo dusting the top of the shelf.

She didn't wanna get involved in a convo with him so she walked off the shelf to the next shelf and resumed her reading making the guy smirk as he notice her.

Its kinda starting to get interesting to annoy her. He just liked her response to things that annoys her. Its cute. She doesn't say anything directly but just release her anger by mumbling like a cute bunny.

The girl saw him walking the section she chose and bring the ladder next to where she sat. She's getting more than annoyed. He's doing it on purpose.

"Look. Mr. Myungsoo. I know you really need the book but isn't it far rude for you to act so immature about it?" She said looking up at him who already climbed up the ladder and was dusting off the shelf down on her.

Myungsoo looked confused as he look down on her.

"Oh. Sorry. Didn't think about it" he said.

"You have a head?"she retorted.

"You can't see it?" He replied back.

This is getting so annoying.

"Yah!" She pushed the ladder a bit, not thinking about the aftereffect.

Myungsoo was shocked and squinted his eyes when he slipped the steps down to fall along with some books hitting him as they drop. He opened them to see Jinhui so close to him. 

"Stupid"he murmured staring at her eyes.

"Sorry"she replied staring back at him.

"You could have hurt, ya know" he said again.

"You would have hurt more, ya know" she replied making him chuckle. He moved back and picked up the books with her helping him.

"You're one scary dude" he said amused.

"That's what you get for being troublesome"she replied as she handed him the books.

"Seriously, when are you gonna finish it?"he asked.

"The book? Soon.."

"I really need it, ya know"

"I know"

"How you know?"

"You just said it. You said it before too" 

"Then, why don't ya just give it to me first"

"I need it too"

Myungsoo looked at her with a '-_-' face before rolling his eyes keeping the books accordingly.

"Why do you need it so much?"

"Why you ask?"

"Cause you said you need it"

"Is that even an answer?"

"Forget it"

"Yeah sure" he replied before walking away.

*-*-*

Next day,

Jinhui look around searching for that one annoying guy. She couldn't see him today. It was just a few days ago since she met him but it just feels hollow not to see him here. She shrug it off, maybe he was busy. Why is she even searching for him?

The next day again, she couldn't see him anywhere again in the library. It just so weird to miss someone you met a few days ago. Its like she was wishing for him to be here(?) It wasn't that of a big deal but she indeed looked forward to meet him there after school everyday. Was he that of a big impact? He's handsome and all but she wasn't one to go for things like that. They just shared some chit-chats before and she feels something missing now. Its so weird. She didn't have the courage to ask Mr.Jung either.

Days went by like that...He wasn't there anymore. She really wanted to know where he is and if he quit working here but here ego just doesn't let her ask about him. She already finished the book and now, she wants to pass it to him but he isn't there anymore. Its really sad.

She always wanted to ask him a question but was never able to "How did he know about that book?"

As far as she knows, only her, a friend and his family knows about it. So how? Wait.. Friend..Myungsoo..Kim Myungsoo?

'WHAT!!? HE IS KIM MYUNGSOO!?"

'Nah..maybe he just saw it and decides to read it? But he said he needs it?' Is he really Myungsoo? Or just a coincidence?'

She quickly walk up to Mr.Jung.

"Ajushi, did your father write this book?"she showed him.

He shook his head 'no'

"You're scaring me dear. How did you even come up with such an idea?"

"How come this book is here? I started reading this book cause I found it here..."

"Well this is a library so obvio---- ah wait 'time we spent as strangers'"he read out.

The girl gulped and looked at him eagerly waiting.

"The last time, Myungsoo visited here, he kept it..ah now I remembered" he said happily.

"Myungsoo?"

"Yeah. He went back to UK. His dad's family lives there and visits us during mid-break.He kept it here in his last visit"

'Wait. .so Myungsoo is that Myungsoo.' She gulped.

"Ajushi, you're his mom's brother" she ask.

"Well yes"

"And his mom ...is no longer here"

"wait how do you seem to know all--"

"Ajushi, when will he come back?" tears already started forming when she asked about it and Mr.Jung was shocked.

"Hey..dear, what's wro--"

"Myungsoo-myungsoo w-when can I see him again?" She was already crying. How could she let him just go away like that? She has been waiting him all her life and yet.

*-*-*

The girl walked with light steps, letting her tears fall down freely.

'I'm not sure dear. He does come back every mid summer holidays. What happened?'

'He studies in Cambridge, a good kid he is. I'm proud'

'You want his number? Oh..sure..thought you weren't interested'

Mr.Jung's voice kept on ringing inside her head.

Myungsoo is surely 22 by now, he was four years older than her and she had a crush on him back then..Until she was 7, he was her neighbour, a close friend. He was brought up by his grandpa as his parents left him for heaven early. He moved to study abroad in middle school. A really close friend he was, sharing things they shouldn't, doing things they shouldn't. But undecidable events separated them and now, just mere strangers. Will he even remember her? At least she did as he's been her only one. 

How loyal, naive of a creature Jinhui is...

*-*-*

A year later -

"Long time no see ajushi" Jinhui said to Mr.Jung as he nodded and smiled warmly.

Being in college is tough too but she manages it well.

"Ah..Jinhui-ah, Myungsoo will be back today " he said smiling warmly.

She smiled weakly, she moved on already . Its not like Myungsoo knows her.

"I told you, its not like that"

She walked through the shelves to get a specific book. She smiled when she found it. She grabbed on it and tried to pull on it when it seemed to tug on something and won't come to her hand. She pulled on it only to be pulled back on the other side.

She puffed her cheeks annoyed and thought who would be immature enough to do that and let go of it.

Her heart skipped a beat when she saw a glimpse of the person on the other side.

'Myungsoo..'

He stared at her and she stared back at the little hole from the book's place. 

She immediately turned away and slide down and sat hoping he didn't saw her face, hoping he wouldn't know her...even if half of her wanted him to.

Her heart beat became faster as she heard his footsteps coming closer.

'Didn't ajushi said he'll come back to Kr today? Why is he alread---' her thought was interrupted when he sat next to her.

"Its been a year already, and you're still not finished with this'' he said holding the book and chuckle a bit.

She looked at him shocked before looking away quickly.

"How are you?"

"...."

"You've become well-mannered" he added implying she didn't answer back.

"...."

"I miss you . . .a lot" he said making her swallow the little lump she held.

"Aren't you gonna say anything?" 

"...."

She was already in tears when he looked over her face, holding the hem of her sweater tight.

"You haven't change a bit. Jinhui-ah" he said softly making her turn her head to him.

"Just that idiot-kid I know of" 

"...."

"I knew it when Uncle told me about you. I regretted going back without a goodbye. Sorry, I should've been the one to find out first"

"I do admit I forgot about you, but when I realised about all this, I regretted throwing away memories just like that, sorry"

Myungsoo slowly held her hand, making it loose hold of her sweater.

"Are you going to keep ignoring me like this?"

"..."

"I miss it when you call me 'myungsoo oppa'"

"...."

"I cried a lot too, ya know. Remembering all those...You grew up a lot too"

"Say something..I want to hear your voice"

She blushed.

"Idiot"she mumbled making him chuckle.

"Oye..you have a boyfriend already?"he asked a bit concerned.

"Why do you care?"she asked sulking.

"What? You have?? What about first kiss?"he asked frowning, not liking the news.

"Its not like you haven't, so why can't I?"she sulked more.

"Yah! Even though I look handsome, i havn't had one , alright!?"

"Don't lie"

"I'm not lying"

"Whatever.."

"Yah..seriously, you have a boyfriend?"

"...."

"Well what do I even expect, girls are gir---"

"I never said I had one!" She shouted only to regret next when he smirked.

"I like you."He suddenly said making her flush red.

" I can do this, right?"he said before slowly leaning down, closing the gap between their lips.

He pressed his lips firmly before moving a bit back to stare at her teary face.

"M-myungsoo..."

"No oppa?"

"?"

"I always had a crush on you and I knew you had one on me too..ya know. And now, you grew up just to attract me back"he said smiling. She frowned when he said that.

"Idiot"

He smiled before leaning down to kiss her again.

"I love you too"

.

.

.

"Ah, btw, you really havn't finish reading grandpa's book?"

"Sarcastic:/"