Dreams

Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dreams

 

Hansol's side

 

“Hyung!” Hansol approached the older man with happy steps as he brought the basketball with him.

When the older man turned and looked at him with annoyed glare, Hansol kept his grin intact and raised the ball. “You said you will teach me playing basketball!”

The other man continued staring at him like he never saw him, and Hansol was ready to be rejected and ignored again when suddenly, the other man sighed and took the ball with him.

“Follow me.” He said curtly with his deep voice which somehow left a tingling sensation at the back of Hansol's mind.

-----

“This is really weird, Josh.” Hansol emphasized on the last word which was his best friend’s American name. “I have been dreaming about this man for like…. months! Almost a year!”

“Calm down, Hansol.” Jisoo said, looking at Hansol from the screen of his laptop. “I don't want to fly over to New York just to stop you from freaking out.”

Rolling his eyes, Hansol said exasperatedly. “How could I be calm when I dream about some man, a stranger, a complete stranger, you hear me? Stranger! And every single night!” His hands waved making weird motif in the air as he tried to portray just how weird all these dreams he saw. “I don't even know him beside the fact that he's older than me! And, hyung, I've never meet him like for real!”

From the other side, Jisoo watched his younger friend stood up from his seat and jumped onto his bed face down. “This is crazy! I'm crazy!!”

Holding himself from palming his face tiredly, Jisoo tried to call out Hansol. “Stop freaking yourself out, Hansol. You're making it sounds like a disease.” He tried to get the boy's attention back to him, and he was indeed successful if he didn't count the panic shout coming from the other.

-----

Hansol tried hard to calm his breath and got himself ready to shot at the figure clad in black in front of him. “Aren't you tired making this chaos?” He asked between harsh breathe.

The other only chuckled and even walked toward him, bringing himself closer into Hansol's shot range that if Hansol shot, the bullet would definitely hit his chest. “I'm not tired, this is fun~”

The deep voice was familiar to Hansol by then, in his multiple races with the thief, Hansol never failed to hear that voice and he knew that if he couldn't catch him, the alluring voice would haunt him tauntingly.

Flinching when the thief continued closing their distance, Hansol glared yet sadly, his glare didn't have any effect on the thief. Gritting his teeth as he prepared for the worse, Hansol was caught off guard when the thief leaning down to him and even caressed his cheek.

In this close proximity, Hansol for the first time able to see his face and Hansol hate to admit it that his face suited so much with the deep voice that he thought the thief would haunt him not only with his crimes but also with his charms.

-----

“This is definitely a crime!” Hansol groaned out loud into another of his video call session with Jisoo again. “How could I feel my heart throbs for a criminal!”

“But bad guy is really interesting.” From his side, Hangyeol, his sister suddenly chimed in, surprising Hansol who had been so into his story telling that he didn't notice his sister had just walked into his room unannounced. “Hi, Jisoo-oppa! How is LA?”

“Nothing unusual. How are you?” Jisoo greeted back simply, adoring the younger girl as if she was his little sister.

“I'm good.” The girl replied as she forced Hansol to give half of the sitting space on his chair. “What are you talking about anyway?”

“I had a disease!” Hansol summarized his long story of numerous weird dreams into one not understandable sentence.

Widened her eyes, Hangyeol looked at Hansol and Jisoo back and forth in confusion. “What? For real? What disease?”

-----

“This is the man who will guard you during your stay here, Vernon-ssi.” His business partner said to him after their lunch meeting was over and a man in black clothing walked into their private restaurant room.

Nodding, Vernon looked over the man's appearance, he didn't look much older than him, unlike what he had expected when the other man talk about a guard. He expected someone who looked tough and strong, not someone whose expression looked so aloof-uncaring and particularly handsome.

The older man, his business partner, laughed when he spotted confusion marring Vernon's face. “He might not look like it. But he is one of the best swordsman in Joseon. You can rest assured.”

-----

“Maybe you can find him when you are in Korea.” Jisoo commented when Hansol told him about his dream again.

“How could I find him? The only thing I know about him is his appearance, I don't even know his name.” Hansol retorted as he moved around his room, separating his things into two list of ‘needed’ and ‘not needed’.

“Beside, don't you think that this dream is a bit too in time?” Jisoo asked, pointing his finger at Hansol. “I mean, you got this dream and then your father told you that you're moving to Korea.”

-----

Hurrying down the street, Hansol raced against the time as he ran toward the meeting place. He was already late for half an hour and he couldn't make the other to wait an even longer for him in this important day.

Reaching the cafe, Hansol looked around the area and sighed in relief when he saw the older man was waving at him with a smile from his seat. Approaching him, he heard the other said to him.

“Hangyeol told me..” He started while waving his phone slightly, “you have to help your mother to move some things from the storage.”

Nodding, relieved at the gentle smile on the other's face, not even an ounce of annoyance showed up because he needed to wait, Hansol took the seat in front of him. “Yeah.. Sorry for making you wait this long, hyung.”

His hyung laughed and placed his phone down on the table. “Not that long and I don't really mind waiting hours or days, if it’s for you.”

Blushing under that smirk, Hansol attempted to stand up and escape the other's teasing. “I'll order my coffee.”

“Ah. No need to~ I already ordered one for you.” The older man said, his smirk was still intact and if possible growing wider than before, making Hansol blushed deeper as he didn't notice the present of two cups of coffee.

-----

“He is actually a good person. Despite the initial cold and distant impression he first showed in your earlier dreams.” Jisoo commented from his side of the call as he watched how clean Hansol's room had become with the lack of possession around the room.

“But, they are practically different person.” Hansol rebutted, not liking that his best friend deemed the stranger as a good person just because a dream which was suddenly different than usual.

“They are basically the same person, Hansol Vernon Chwe.” His friend said, emphasizing their names as examples. “Just like Hong Jisoo and Joshua Hong are the same person.”

-----

“What should I do, hyung?” Hansol whined as he ruffled his hair into messy lock of bird nest. “I've met lot of alphas in my life but none of them is my mate.”

From the other side of the table, Jisoo sipped his coffee from the cup slowly. “Well, try to meet alpha you haven't met then.”

Glaring up at the older man in front of him, Hansol muttered. “It's easy to say. But, can I really find him? What if I have no mate?” The heavy cloud over Hansol's head darkened along with his pessimistic attitude.

“Ya.. Hansol. Don't think like that. You will find your mate eventually.” Jisoo tried to cheer the younger up. “Maybe he will show up when you don't expect it.”

Looking away, Hansol pouted. “Like, right now?”

“Aaah.. That's..” Jisoo glanced away to his side, avoiding the young omega’s stare..

“Impossible, right?” Sighing, Hansol stood up straight and reached out to take his own cup of macchiato. Ignoring Jisoo saying that it's not impossible, he said dejectedly, “I will give up...”

In an instant, Hansol stilled a moment as unfamiliar scent shooed away the distinct scent of coffee and caramel.

“Hansol?” Jisoo confused voice reached him, but Hansol couldn't take his attention from this new scent.

Turning around to find the source of the scent, Hansol saw a male standing some few feet away from him and his eyes widened when that man's eyes were set on him.

God, he couldn't believe it . He did find his mate at that very moment.

-----

“Maybe you will really meet him in matter of time.” Jisoo’s voice filled Hansol’s new room as the younger opened a box which was fully filled by his clothes.

“Yeah, maybe.” Hansol said, a bit uninterested as he frowned at the content. “Wait. This is my winter clothes… Who the f-hell wrote ‘summer clothes’ on the box?”

“Language, Hansol. And you did.” Jisoo said a bit unamused, having been witnessed everything when the other packed his belongings. “I had warned you that you wrote on the wrong boxes and you said that you would remember it anyway instead of rewriting the label.”

“Oh. Right.” The other nodded, moving the ‘summer clothes’ box from his bed down to the floor and went to search for ‘winter clothes’ box.

“So I said, you will meet this man, Hansol. And when you do, you have to introduce him to me.” Jisoo said as he worked on his appointment.

“What are you?” Hansol replied, slipping into the camera view again while bringing another box. “My father?”

“Well, no obviously, but you've made me curious about this person. That's why…” Jisoo’s word cut off when both of them heard a knock from outside.

With his window facing the street in front of his house, Hansol took a peek to the front door below and saw a young man in school uniform stood in front of his door bringing a big plastic pack of white things.

“Well, it seems one of our neighbor come to visit, I'll be back soon.” Hansol said and after seeing the approval nod from Jisoo, Hansol moved away from his laptop.

Almost running down the stairs, Hansol hurried to the front door as he knew he was the only person in the house because his parents and his sister went to their new schools for their enrollment and hadn't come back yet.

“Yes?” He called, opening the door. Meeting the other -whom he thought a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter