What Lovers Do

Heavenly Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Ooooh, oooh
Been wishin' for you
Ooh, ooh
Tryna' do what lovers do.”

-

Maroon 5 ft. SZA – What Lovers Do

 

 

(This story is inspired by "Maroon 5 ft. SZA – What Lovers Do" song)

 

He slowly took a deep breath for few times already, he kept on rubbing both of his palms together as he was trying to get rid of his nervousness.

Lee Taeyong was standing in front of Blackpink’s waiting room in Inkigayo show, it was on early July, 2017. Yes, both NCT 127 and Blackpink did comeback in near time. Taeyong was the happiest as it meant that he would be able to meet his big crush, Jennie Kim.

It was no longer secret for NCT 127 and Blackpink members that Taeyong was truly whipped for Jennie, he had been falling for her ever since November, 2016. but things weren’t always easy for the handsome guy. Taeyong just couldn’t have a perfect moment for the two of them to be alone since his and her members or even other people somehow would always interrupt their moments, whether it was on purpose or accidentally.

Now, he was determined to confess his feelings for Jennie since he already prepared himself yet he was still feeling so nervous.

The door was opened, making Taeyong quickly smiled but it didn’t last long as the one who came out the door wasn’t Jennie but Lisa instead.

“Oh hey, Taeyong oppa. What are you doing here?” Lisa smiled as closing the door behind her.

“Hey Lisa. Where is Jennie? I’ve been waiting here, we’ve promised to meet at this time actually.” Taeyong grinned.

“Jennie unnie is still having a call with her mom right now, oppa. She said there is important matter that she need to discuss with her mom.” Lisa answered.

“Ah really? Shoot, I don’t have much time since I gotta prepare for my performance in 15 mins.” Taeyong sighed a bit but put a small smile afterwards.

“How about you meet her later? Don’t worry, I’ll tell her about this after this.” Lisa smiled, trying to cheer him up.

“All right then, please do tell her about this. I’ll pick her up here. Thanks, Lisa.” Taeyong smiled then waved as he walked away.

Lisa waved back yet she shake her head afterwards, going back inside the room then closed the door, approaching her unnie.

 

                                                                                           ________________________

 

“You know, you shouldn’t play around with Taeyong oppa like this, unnie. Legit, he had been waiting for you outside alone.” Lisa said as shaking her head in disbelief.

“I know but I just don’t want to see him for now. I’ll still need to make up my mind.” Jennie shrugged.

“What else that you need? He had been showing how much he likes you and he is such a good guy.” Jisoo added as she rolled her eyes at Jennie.

“I’m not really craving for a relationship right now.” Jennie shrugged once again.

“Don’t you regret it later if he stop chasing you.” Jisoo added, shrugged imitating Jennie.

Jisoo’s answer made Jennie turned into silence.

 

                                                                                          _______________________

 

NCT 127 was performing “Cherry Bomb”, Jennie had been watching the live streaming from her phone. With no realizing it, she started to smile as she saw a fluffy pink hair guy dancing passionately and giving his all once he performs on stage.

“Was I too mean toward him?” She spoke to herself then looked at her own reflection in the mirror.

 

                                                                                      ___________________________

 

Meanwhile, in NCT 127’s dressing room, the nine boys were taking their rest after they were done performing. Taeyong and Jaehyun sat in the corner of room, a bit further from their other members.

“So how is it, hyung?” Jaehyun asked as wiping his sweats with towel.

“Failed again.” Taeyong let out a heavy sigh as looking down.

“Again? Why? I thought she clearly said that she wanted to meet you.” Jaehyun raised his right eyebrow as he just couldn’t believe what could be went wrong this time.

“I don’t know. I met Lisa instead and she said that Jen was having a call with her mom.” Taeyong shrugged as giving a small smile.

“What a lame excuse. You should stop wasting your time for her, hyung. It’s clearly not worth it.” J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter