CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Meant to Be

Song to listen: BTS - In The Mood For Love

I’m asking myself again, am I happy right now?

The answer is already there, I’m happy

 

Jimin was all dressed up, sitting on their couch waiting for Yoongi to pick him up. It was 5.30 so he still had about half an hour but the clock just seemed to stop. Jimin couldn't wait anymore. The more he waited the more nervous he got.

“Jimin-ah you going out?” He heard a surprised Hoseok ask as he entered the living room.

“Yes hyung.” 

He didn't really want to tell where he was going (or with whom). He knew that the members would always support his decisions but he didn't want to tell them yet in case things don't work out and he doesn't meet Yoongi again. Luckily Jungkook and Taehyung were playing games in their room because they would’ve never been satisfied with Jimin’s answer.

“Okay.” Hoseok didn’t know what to say as Jimin would rarely go out without any other member. 

“Just be safe and text me if you need someone to pick you up.”

“Thank you I will.”

Jimin looked at himself in the mirror. He had only been on a few dates in his life and they had been all with the same person. He had no idea about how to dress or behave at a date. He was wearing black jeans and a white button up hoping that he wouldn’t look too bad beside Yoongi. The older was known for always being fashionable and wearing the most expensive things. He was already grateful for the fact that Yoongi showed interest in him and asked him out on a date, he didn’t want to embarrass him so he spent a lot of time on doing his hair, picking his clothes etc.

He still had 15 minutes but Jimin grabbed his coat and decided to wait outside as the room felt really suffocating for some reason. As he was leaning against the fence outside of their building he heard someone approaching him. He looked up and saw Yoongi.

“Oh hyung you’re already here.” Jimin smiled.

“Yeah I was here for like half an hour already you know in case you got ready earlier. Didn't wanna make you wait.”

“Thank you that’s really thoughtful.”

Yoongi lead Jimin to his car and opened up the door for him. While he got around the car to get in his seat he thought about how to compliment Jimin.

“Y-you look really n-nice. I m-mean pretty.” Why am I ing stuttering, Yoongi thought. He didn't want to make things awkward but Jimin looked so beautiful that he just had to say something.

“Really?” Jimin looked at Yoongi and his genuinely surprised face bothered Yoongi so much. With much more confidence he repeated:

“Yes you look really pretty.”

“Thank you hyung.” Jimin murmured, too shy to speak up.

They sat in the car for a few seconds before Yoongi reached back and gave Jimin a bouquet of flowers.

“I didn’t know what to get so I just got you flowers.”

“Oh wow.” Jimin said looking at the beautiful yellow flowers in his hands.

“Hope you like them.” 

After high school Yoongi never had enough interest in another person to take them out on a date. Beside his occasional one night stands his love life was pretty much non existent so he didn't know how to act on a date. But after looking at various websites he quickly gathered some tips. 

“Yes I love them thank you Yoongi hyung.”

As he looked at Jimin’s face for a second Yoongi realized just how whipped he was for him. As long as he kept calling his name like that, Yoongi was ready to give him the world.


They arrived at a small Italian restaurant. It was not the fanciest place but definitely not shabby at all. It looked like those cute restaurants you see in American movies. Jimin didn't know that Seoul had places like this he thought about how little of the world he had actually seen. He had been in Seoul for two years now but all he had really seen were practice rooms.

They entered and got quickly led to their table. As they sat down looking at the menu Yoongi spoke up. 

“Hope you like Italian. I’m not into fancy places so sorry if…”

“No I love it here. Really.” Jimin interrupted him.

”I was actually kinda nervous thinking you would want to go to a fancy restaurant and I would be the odd one out being all under-dressed.” Jimin laughed softly.

“Why would you think that.” Yoongi mumbled. 

He got genuinely upset at the fact that Jimin wouldn't realize that. Being afraid of upsetting Yoongi any further Jimin quickly spoke up.

“Hyung do you know what to get?”

“Their pasta is really good actually.”

Any other time Jimin wouldn't even dream about eating pasta but this was his first date in a really long time so his diet could wait.

They got approached by a young waitress and ordered their food. Jimin noticed how she was eyeing Yoongi but didn't speak up. What if people find out about this, he thought. They would just pretend like they were friend right? Jimin wasn't even sure if they were anything more.

He was still really nervous and played with his hands under the table. To avoid eye contact he looked around. The restaurant was small and there was no other customer in there. Must be a really unknown place, Jimin thought.

“So how have your promotions been?”

“Honestly… I can’t remember being so tired in a long time. This is the first day we can actually rest. I didn't know that it was possible to have so many schedules in one day. What do popular people do? How do they sleep and eat?” One thing out of many things Jimin didn't like about himself was that whenever he was nervous he would either completely shut off and be quiet or he would just ramble on like he did now.

“Oh sorry I’m being too noisy again.” Jimin added quickly.

Yoongi couldn't help but smile fondly seeing his slightly pouted lips as he spoke.

“Don’t be sorry. It’s good to hear you talk I like hearing you talk…But aren't you a popular person as well now mister orange hair.” Yoongi laughed and Jimin’s face immediately turned red. 

“Noo hyung me and popular?” Jimin laughed nervously.

“Oh a bird told me that you’ve been getting quite a lot of attention lately.”

Their conversation got interrupted by the waitress. She put their plates at the table and filled their glasses with wine Jimin couldn't recall ordering.

Jimin politely thanked her while Yoongi gave a little nod. She was about to go before she quickly turned around and spoke with a small voice.

“Sir I know you closed up the space and asked the staff to leave after serving you but can I maybe get a picture with you. I’m a big fan.” 

She didn't have the courage to look up, clearly intimidated by him.

“I don’t think that will be possible. I thought it was clear that this is very private.” He looked so serious and cold that she couldn't speak up and even Jimin had to think twice before he did.

“Hyung maybe you could just sign something for her.” 

Yoongi thought for a moment before grabbing the pen in his pocket and a napkin from the table.

“What’s your name?”

“Jiwoo” She responded quietly and Yoongi handed her the napkin after a few seconds.

The girl quickly bowed and headed to the kitchen and the pair started eating.

Only then could Jimin process what she had previously said.

“You closed up this place?”

“Yeah I thought it would be better for us. Otherwise people wouldn't leave us alone.” Yoongi looked thoughtful so Jimin joked to lighten up the mood.

“Must to be the most famous rapper in the country.”

But Yoongi’s gloomy face made Jimin realize that the older was in fact suffering a lot from this.

“Well now that we can actually talk let’s talk hyung.”

“What do you wanna talk about?”

“I don’t know anything I guess. You’re from Daegu right? Tell me about Daegu.”

“There’s not really much to tell. I don't have the best memories there but it’s still pretty I guess.”

Jimin felt like with every word he said he made the other more upset.

“Forget about me every one knows things about me let’s talk about you.” Yoongi laughed bitterly.

“I don’t want to know what every one else knows tho…or what they think they know.”

“That’s really cute Jimin-ah but don’t try to be too optimistic I’m really not the nicest person. How people talk about me is usually very close to how I actually am.”

“But you are a nice person. To me at least…not a lot of people are nice to me.”

That made Yoongi’s heart ache. He couldn't even think about people being rude to Jimin. He was such an angel. How could people see his face and not fall for him?

“Well…I’m Min Yoongi from Daegu. I’m 23.” Yoongi began.

“I’m a rapper. I have been rapping since I was 13. I fell for music when my parents made me take piano lessons.”

“You play the piano?” Jimin was surprised, he never heard that about the other before.

“I used to. I came to Seoul when I was 18 and have been living here ever since. I guess it has become my hometown I’m not sure. I don't go to Daegu now so I guess Seoul really is my hometown now.” 

Jimin didn’t interrupt him and Yoongi continued talking. He told Jimin about how it was to come to Seoul without any money. How he had struggled a lot at the beginning, how he had met Namjoon in an underground hip hop club. He also told him about all the places he had performed before.

“Wow that must be so cool to see all these places and do the thing you love the most.”

“It is.”

“I have never been outside of Korea. Maybe I can go to Japan if we ever have our Japan debut.”

“I’m sure you will eventually Jiminie.” 

They ate in silence for a minute before Yoongi spoke up.

“If you could choose- If you could go anywhere in the world. Where would you want to go?”

Jimin thought for a moment.

“Hmm Paris?”

“Why?”

“I don’t know I think it looks so magical and romantic. At least that’s what I see in the movies. Silly right?” Jimin smiled sheepishly.

But Yoongi looked dead serious. He looked at Jimin for a few seconds before continuing eating.

All Jimin could hear was a quiet.

“Hyung will take you there.”


The dinner ended too quickly for both of them but Jimin had a schedule really early in the morning and Yoongi had insisted on dropping him off early so he could get a good sleep and rest. As they arrived in front of Jimin’s dorm the younger spoke up.

“Thank you for today hyung. It was really the most fun thing I did in the past few months.”

“I’m glad you liked it Jiminie I had a lot of fun as well but all we did was talk about me.”

“There is not much to know about me tho.” He responded shyly.

“I’m sure there is. I guess you just owe me another date.”

Jimin could feel his cheeks burn again so he quickly said goodbye and got out of the car.

Yoongi waited till he got inside and drove off with a huge smile on his face.