Drizzle

Summer Storm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as my body hit my bed, I really didn't feel like doing anything else anymore. My eyes began to feel quite heavy and as soon as I fell asleep, I woke up to my alarm going off. I frantically patted around my pillows for my phone not finding it, I rolled over and tore off my blanket continuing searching between the layers. At last I found it, except it was near the end of my bed and it was on the floor. I picked it up and I clicked the home button to see how much battery percentage I had left. I let out a very disappointed grunt by the sight of it. I huffed and dragged myself over to my dresser to find something to wear to work, continuing to let my alarm ring. I heard loud shuffling outside in the hallway so I stood in front of my bedroom door motionless as Jinho slammed it open.

“Turn off your alarm or I'll break your pho--” He stated loudly but immediately got cut off as my phone died just as he was yelling at me.

“Oh” I stared at him blankly as he grabbed onto my door handle and smiled as he disappeared behind it.
 

/I guess I'll charge it once I get into work/ I thought to myself and packed my charger in my bag.

 

After getting ready I walked to the front entrance passing by the kitchen quickly peeking in and saw that Jinho was making himself something to eat. The smell engulfed our whole apartment making my stomach growl as I was putting on my shoes.

“BYE!” I hollered before slamming the door behind me.

I strolled on by the elevator just to see that it was still out of commission. It's been like that for the last few months and I don't think it's going to be fixed any time soon. The bonus is that Jinho and I live on the third floor so it not as bad as the people who have to walk up and down fifteen flights of stairs. I made my way down holding onto the railing and exited the building.

Just a little over a twenty minute walk and I had made it to work. I was mentally exhausted, already wishing for today to be over and I haven't even stepped into work yet. Letting out a heavy sigh I removed my keys from my pocket and fumbled around to unlock the front gate. Finally getting inside to turn on the light and starting to prep everything for the morning rush. I plugged in my phone before we open and proceeded to bring out some packages of espresso beans from the stock room, I noticed that Hongseok had arrived early for his shift and was outside in the front watering the plants. I shrugged and continued opening up the café. I all of the coffee machines and got up on a stool. I reached for the espresso beans and poured them into the container that's grinds them automatically.

I looked over to the front entrance as I heard the door creak open. Shinwon had showed up for his shift, walking over and grabbed an apron.

“What needs to be done?” He spoke lightly looking around seeing that I have prep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter