Fool

2hyun Drabbles

MC (main characters): Hwang Minhyun, Choi Minki, Kim Jonghyun Jonghyun

MP (Main Pairing): 2hyun

SP (minor pairing): Jren

SC (minor characters): Kim Heechul, Ong Seongwoo, Kang Daniel

Rated: PG-13

Terms to Understand:

General Manager: Store Manager

Shift Manager: Is responsible for their team. For example: the manager in charge of Drive Thru only handles the crew who work in Drive Thru

Lobby: Is the Dining area

Kitchen: Is what the team calls the people in the kitchen

Run Orders: Is the person placing the orders in the bag.

Presenter: Gives out the order

Stirring Straw: Coffee straw

Suspended: Not being able to work, because of something done wrong

Drawer: Is the Cash Register

Counter: Where you pick and have your order taken

Fool

The first time Minhyun saw him was at a job interview for McDonalds. He was somewhat small and thin as the stirring straw Minhyun had given to a customer. He even remembered the clothes he wore that day, oddly; a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a light blue plaid shirt. His hair was combed neatly to the back to show his charming good looks. It was a bonus and could attract more people leading to the possibility of getting hired. However, as Minhyun came walking passed the interview table (chosen at random) he noted the timid way he spoke to the General Manager Kim Heechul. Knowing Heechul, Minhyun doubted the kid would get hired despite the rumor of "McDonalds will hire anyone". Heechul favored confident people, people capable of talking to his customer without being intimidated, because in this industry any customer could chew you out at the slightest mistake. The kid wouldn't be able to survive. It was better to keep him away.

The interview had ended.

Days had passed soon after, leading to weeks, and Minhyun practically forgot about him. He was too busy running orders and calling numbers, and passing the order to the right customer. At that time lunch had barely started when he appeared standing in the crowd dressed in their McDonald uniform, holding onto the hat, and nervously looking around like a lost puppy. Okay, so maybe the rumors of "McDonalds will hire anyone" was true. Minhyun handed the last customer their order and approach the timid boy.

"May I help you?" Minhyun asked.

The boy practically jumped before quickly bowing ninety degrees. "H-hello, I-I am Jongh-I mean JR, and um...I was called in for t-today."

"Ah, nice to meet you," Minhyun said wanting to ease the tension. He always felt the need to make new people fill welcomed, at least on their first week. "I am Minhyun one of the shift managers...come follow me."

Minhyun had informed Heechul of JR, and had learned that very day that his actual name was Kim Jonghyun, but since they already had another Kim Jonghyun working with them Heechul had given this Jonghyun the nickname JR.

"Please show him how things work, and if he has any questions help him as much as you can," Heechul said.

The first few days of working with Jonghyun were a bit frustrating. He had messed up on a few orders, and Minhyun was the one getting the end of it by angry customers. Second, he kept interrupting Minhyun when Minhyun was in the middle of running orders during rush hour, and asking countless questions of how to use the register to take orders. He didn't mean to get annoyed with Jonghyun since he was barely new to the field, but when there was a certain time to be met he had gotten annoyed...and then twice Jonghyun ended up short of money.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry," Jonghyun bowed, and bowed. "I thought I gave back the right change."

Minhyun tapped his pen on the counter, and kept reading the paper which informed him of the amount of cash Jonghyun should have made. "Five thousand won is a lot of money to lose," Minhyun stated. "You could get suspended if it happens."

The look in Jonghyun's eyes said everything. He was scared.

Minhyun face palmed and covered his face. He hated being the bad guy. "Don't worry about it, I will handle it okay."

Then Jonghyun was smiling.

'Cute,' Minhyun thought.

~2hyun~

"Oh! Who is he?" Minki, his roommate and friend, came to the store to visit. It was the same time Jonghyun had arrived walking passed Minhyun, and catching Minki's eye. Minki bit his lower lip seductively in an attempt to get Jonghyun's attention, but by then Jonghyun had disappeared from sight. "You gotta tell me who he is." Minki leaned over the counter.

Minhyun forced a smile on his face. "That will be 7176.49 won."

Minki tsked, falling back from the counter. "I'm not going to pay unless you tell me who he is."

"I can cancel your order just as easily," Minhyun stated unfazed by his roommate's threat.

"Yah, then I will do something you most likely hate."

Minhyun lifted a brow. "Really? And that is?"

Minki smiled, evil written all over his eyes. He peeked over his shoulder; there was a line of people waiting to order...oh this wasn't good. Minki returned his attention to Minhyun. "I will stay here until you tell me who he is."

Minhyun glared at Ren. "You wouldn't?"

"Is that a challenge," Minki questioned. "You know how I can be."

Oh my god!

"His name is Jonghyun," Minhyun said.

"Ah, a mini Jonghyun," Minki clasped his hands together.

"Now that is just rude," Minhyun scolded.

Minki once again leaned over the counter. "Is he single?"

"Again, that will be 7176.49," Minhyun said.

Minki rolled his eyes. "Give me his number at least."

"I'm not allowed to give out personal information" Minhyun informed.

"So mean" Minki pouted digging in his wallet. He took out 10,000 won and gave it to Minhyun. Once he got his change he had gone to wait for his order. By then Jonghyun was placing the orders in the bag.

"Guess number 347," He called out.

Minki came skipping to the counter, gleefully.

"Right here, cutie," Minhyun happened to hear Minki say.

Minhyun peeked over to check on Jonghyun not wanting him to be freaked out by Minki's forwardness. He spotted pink rosy cheeks running across Jonghyun's face.

"Even cuter when you blush," Minki squealed. He began digging in his bag. "You must give me your number."

Jonghyun looked at Minhyun unsure of what to do. Minhyun shrugged. He couldn't really say no. Jonghyun took hold of a paper and pen from Minki and wrote down whatever information Minki requested. Minki squealed after receiving the paper.

"Im definitely coming here more," he said while happily walking out of the store.

Minhyun sighed 'So this is second hand embarrassment. '

“You know he isn't wrong. That new employee is so cute," A female whispered to her friend.

"I thought you had a thing for Minhyun." Another said.

The girl made a ‘tsk’ sound with . "Not so loud, Nayoung."

"Sorry, sorry"

"Jonghyun -ah" Minhyun called a bit annoyed.

"Y-yes, Minhyun-nim" Jonghyun had rushed to his side.

"Take orders. I'll run. And don't go giving out personal information. It can be dangerous."

"S-sorry."

Minhyun sighed. "Use my drawer."

Jonghyun nodded.

Things like this became more daily at McDonald. Customer and customer had come simply to be with Jonghyun for a short time. Girls flirted, giving their number, and some of Minhyun's fangirls had switched. He didn't understand what they saw in Jonghyun. Did they not see how clumsy he was?

"Ah"

Crash!

Really

Really

Clumsy.

"You okay," Minki ran over to help Jonghyun from the wet floor in the lobby. "Ignoring you’re own 'caution's sign', not so good."

And females squealed from the sight

"He so cute. I want to put him in my pocket."

~2hyun~

"I've been thinking of making Jonghyun shift manager" Heechul said loud for Minhyun to hear

"Ah. Yes Jonghyun Hyung is really good with customers" Minhyun mumbled.

"Not him. He keeps showing late to work, but Jr" Heechul corrected.

"Hyung" Minhyun looked at him horridly. "He has only been here a month."

"I know, I know. But everyone seems to really like him, and I keep getting good reviews saying he is super nice. Customers really like him"

"But if you make him shift manager he will end up getting less interaction with customers"

"Sounds like you don't like him" Heechul chuckled.

Minhyun was about to say something but fell quiet. "Not necessarily dislike him" Minhyun corrected.

"I think he will be a good shift manager" Heechul stated.

So before Minhyun knew it; Jonghyun was shift manager.

"He is so much nicer than Minhyun" kitchen crew Seongwoo said to his other team Daniel.

"Less talking more cooking" Minhyun scolded them as he placed burgers in the bag.

Seongwoo stuck out his tongue, annoyed.

"Hello, kitchen" Jonghyun had appeared next to Minhyun.

"Yes, Jonghyunnie?" Seongwoo said, excitingly.

Minhyun narrowed his eyes.

Jonghyun smiled. "May I please get two big macs?"

"Already ready" Seongwoo pushed two macs toward Jonghyun.

Jonghyun gave them a word of thanks and went to give the order.

"And my quarter pounders?" Minhyun demanded.

"Make them yourself" Daniel said.

Minhyun glared at the two kitchen boys. "Keep it up and you will get a write up."

"Bleh. He is so mean" Seongwoo stuck his tongue at Minhyun.

Minhyun placed a hand over his forehead in frustration.

Night Time

Minhyun pulled the tie from around his collar and place it neatly in its drawer with the other ties. He collapsed exhaustingly on his bed and closed his eyes. He was so relieved to know tomorrow was his free day. It felt like it would never arrive, but here it was.

Ding dong

Ding Dong

"Get it for me, please!" He heard Minki from their shared bathroom.

Minhyun sighed, loudly. He crawled out of his bed, and lazily made his way to the front door of the apartment. He answered the door, and almost slammed it shut.

“H-hi.” Jonghyun bowed awkwardly.

“Why are you here?” Minhyun questioned. It almost came as a demand.

Jonghyun lowered his eyes to the floor. He was rubbing his arm nervously.

“He is here because of me,” Minki had appeared while fixing his earrings. “After you told me Jonghyun would be manager I thought we should celebrate, and by we, I mean him and me.” He explained after the questioning look in Minhyun’s eyes.

Minhyun smacked his head on the door’s edge. Great, now Jonghyun knew where he lived.

“Give me a few more minutes to get ready, cutie,” Minki said to Jonghyun. “Go head and make yourself at home…yah!” Minki smacked Minhyun on the back. “Treat our guest well.” And with that he went back to the bathroom.

Minhyun rolled his eyes. He left the door open and made a walk toward the kitchen. “Anything to drink?”

There was no response.

Minhyun peeked over his shoulder. Jonghyun was still standing at the door looking nervous.

“Make yourself at home,” Minhyun offered. “Please.”

Jonghyun bit his lower lip and nodded. He took off his shoes at the door, and made his way into the apartment.

“Anything to drink?” Minhyun offered again.

Jonghyun shook his head.

‘I’ll just get him some water,’ Minhyun thought to himself, because if he did not treat Jonghyun properly he would surely get a scolding from Minki. He poured a glass cup with water and made his way to the living room where Jonghyun had settled, sitting on the couch. Minhyun handed him the cup.

“I-“

“After a longs day at work I bet you might be thirsty,” Minhyun interrupted.

Jonghyun took the cup and thanked Minhyun for it.

“So did you get lost on your way here?” Minhyun asked to ease the awkwardness in the room. He sat opposite of Jonghyun in the living room.

“Ani,” Jonghyun mumbled.

“How?” Minhyun asked, curiously.

“G-google,” Jonghyun answered.

Minhyun nodded as he listened.

“M-minhyun-nim,” Jonghyun began.

“You can just call me Minhyun.”

“M-minhyun.”

“Hm?”

“Do you…hate me?”

Minhyun’s eyes skimmed the floor. Did he hate Jonghyun? He did not find a reason to hate his co-worker, but for some reason, ever since Jonghyun made his way into the business something about him bothered Minhyun.

“I don-“

“Okay! I’m ready!” Minki came into the living room overly dressed. Well, it just looked like he was ready to go out into the club.

“Ah, y-you look-“

“Like you are demanding for attention,” Minhyun interrupted.

Minki glared at Minhyun. “Well aren’t you nice. Are you ready to go, Jonghyunnie?”

“Um…um…yes,” Jonghyun said.

“Let’s go, let’s go,” Minki took the glass cup from Jonghyun and placed it on the coffee table. He then snatched Jonghyun by the hand and dragged him out of the apartment.

Hours later

Minhyun was cleaning the apartment, when he heard the door being opened. Minhyun had looked up from the coffee table he had been scrubbing for almost an hour because of a stubborn stain. Jonghyun had entered the apartment while holding onto a wasted Minki.

“Um…He drank…a lot,” Jonghyun explained.

Minhyun stood up. “I can take him from here.” Minhyun reached for Minki, but Minki smacked his hand away.

“You,” Minki hugged Jonghyun around the neck. “My room.”

Minhyun didn’t argue. He moved to the side to let Jonghyun take Minki to his room. He took a step toward the coffee table when he suddenly heard a crash and a scream for help in Minki’s room. Minhyun facepalmed, of course he shouldn’t have left Jonghyun alone with Minki. He ran into the room, only to find Minki trying to strip Jonghyun of his clothes.

“Why are you so shy?” Minki teased.

“Okay, okay that is enough,” Minhyun tried to pull Minki away from Jonghyun. It felt like an hour, it was only ten minutes, when he succeeded in pulling Minki away from Jonghyun. The two boys ran out of the room (Minhyun shutting the door) and made their way into the living room.

“Sorry about that,” Minhyun said as he looked at Jonghyun and almost regretted it.

Jonghyun’s shirt was ed showing his beautiful golden skin that seemed to glow when the light hit it. There were hints of muscles underneath that shirt that Jonghyun always had hidden in clothes.

“It’s okay,” Jonghyun smiled. “Can you let Minki know I’m not mad.” And then he was out of their apartment.

~2hyun~

The next day Minki had been crying on the couch, because he felt the chances of dating Jonghyun were now gone. Minhyun rubbed his roommate’s back, and repeatingly gave him comforting words. Minki was pretty, Minhyun was positive Jonghyun had made a note of that, and who wouldn’t want to date someone as pretty as the boy. Jonghyun would be an idiot not to notice his roommate, right? When that thought ran in his head there was a pinch in Minhyun’s heart.

He didn’t question it at first.

Turns out Minki didn’t have to worry about his chances of dating Jonghyun slim, because days later when Jonghyun was free from work, he had appeared at their apartment and ended up hanging out with Minki in the bedroom. Things like this became continuous; either they’d spend time in Minki’s room or go out somewhere.

There were sides of Jonghyun probably no one knew about at work. For one he was a good dancer. Once when Minhyun entered Minki’s room to borrow scissors he caught Jonghyun twerking with Minki to a lady gaga song. Jonghyun was embarrassed for being caught, but to Minhyun it was…it was y. The way his hips and moved against Minki’s back was just hot. Minhyun had left the room at the sudden thought in his head and forgot all about the scissors that day…

Why was he suddenly finding Jonghyun attractive?

It seemed the more Jonghyun was around them the more attractive he appeared. Minhyun couldn’t let these feelings appear. He began leaving the apartment whenever Jonghyun would come visit, and return late at night when he knew Jonghyun would be gone.

A Random work day

Winter had arrived earlier this year than anyone expected. Minhyun had cursed himself for not bringing an umbrella to work. Rain had been pouring outside the store wetting anything in sight.

“I should have worn the other gel,” He heard Seongwoo cry from the kitchen. “My hair is going to get ruined.”

“Mine is already ruined,” Daniel admitted.

Minhyun took hold of his bag and left the store. He stood outside underneath the roof top. He should have listened to the news when they claimed it would rain. He regrets it now. It was just pouring.

"Must be punishment" Minhyun mumbled. Yes, punishment because he was a jerk.

A shadow suddenly hovered over Minhyun. Minhyun blinked and looked up only to see an umbrella. He followed the umbrella to the holder. It was Jonghyun.

He smiled. "Don't let the rain ruin your day, here." He offered.

"But you-"

"The rain should be gone by the time I am off" Jonghyun explained. Once again he offered the umbrella to Minhyun.

Minhyun speechlessly took the umbrella.

“Ah. I see we got someone new” Jonghyun was looking inside the store window.

"Ah. Yes. His name is Daehwi" Minhyun whispered.

"Well I better go clock in" Jonghyun waved to Minhyun then entered the store.

~2hyun~

"Hyung, hyung" Minki kept saying.

"Hm?"Minhyun asked. He was in the kitchen mixing eggs with all kinds of vegetables.

"I was thinking"

"Of?"

"Confessing to Jonghyun." Minki answered.

The spoon fell from Minhyun's hand, out of the pan, and onto the floor, and dropping some eggs along with it.

"Yah! What is with that reaction?"

Minhyun didn't say anything. He grabbed the spoon from the floor, walked over the sink, and washed it twice. Minki and Jonghyun...he could not see it. They didn't match each other. He scrubs and scrubs the spoon. Jonghyun was too mature for Minki, right? Minki was just too... too much. Jonghyun needed, he needed someone capable of taking care of him. Someone like hi-

"Isn't it too soon?" Minhyun asked too quickly.

"Well we've been hanging out over two months now; don’t you think I can confess to him now?' Minki asked.

"What if he isn't gay?"

"Oh he definitely has a thing for boys," Minki mumbled.

"How sure are you?"

"Hyung," Minki rolled his eyes. "Everyone is gay they just won't admit it."

"But Minki"

"I'm going to confess."

Minhyun hated this. Why didn't he want Minki to confess to Jonghyun? Maybe it was to prevent his friend from getting hurt. Yes, that had to be it.

Minki took out his phone and called Jonghyun.

"You working tonight...ah you are off already...c-can we hang out?" Minki jumped excitingly. Obviously Jonghyun said 'yes'. "Okay, okay. Meet me at Seoul's BBQ Restaurant." Minki ended the call and ran to his room excitingly.

'No'

'don't'

'stop'

Why couldn't Minhyun say either words? He was frozen still...the cooking eggs already forgotten.

-Flashback-

"Minki is not here," Minhyun said when Jonghyun had arrived to the apartment.

"Ah, um...is it okay if I wait?" Jonghyun asked doubtingly.

Minhyun left the door open. He took hold of his vacuum and vacuumed the living room carpet.

"Do you need help?" Jonghyun asked.

Minhyun shook his head. "Ani, I can do it."

"You sure?"

Minhyun nodded. "M...I like cleaning so yeah."

He was expecting Jonghyun to judge him for confessing such an awkward habit, but when he looked over at Jonghyun he was smiling.

"I wish I had that same habit. My room is messy. “Jonghyun confessed.

"It doesn't need to be a habit," Minhyun chuckled. He turned the machine off and set next to Jonghyun on the couch.

"What are you and Minki doing today?" Minhyun asked as if curious, though what he really wanted was to simply talk to Jonghyun.

"Ah," Jonghyun took off his backpack. He pulled out a game system. "Minki wanted to see it."

"What is it?" Minhyun asked curiously as he was handed the device.

"Nintendo’s new Switch"

"How do you use it?"

And then Jonghyun was showing Minhyun how to use the game system. Once or twice their fingers accidentally touched, and Minhyun was positive his stomach was flipping butterflies.

End of flashback

Minhyun picked up the mess he made and threw it in the trash. What was wrong with him? Why was his mind being overflowed with him?

He turned the stove off, hunger no longer striking him, and went to his room. He collapsed on the bed. Did Jonghyun even like Minki? It seemed like it. He always came to visit because of Minki...always Minki.

There is a pain in Minhyun's chest. It hurt.

Did Jonghyun ever think of coming to the apartment just to see him?

Minhyun laughed unpleasantly. Why would he? Minhyun has never been friendly with Jonghyun, except for the first week.

'I should have been nicer' Minhyun thought regretfully.

He his bed.

'Did Minki already confess?'

Pain

"Why care?" Minhyun jumped off his bed. "They suit each other."

Hours later

The slamming of the front door woke Minhyun from his slumber. He hadn't even been aware he had fallen asleep. He peeked at his bedroom door; it was closed, before Minki came in with his face stained in tears. Minhyun set up on the bed.

"Minki," He began.

Minki flopped on the bed, elbows over his knees, and his hand hiding his tear stained face. "H-he" hiccups. "H-he..."

"Calm down first, and then tell me what happened," Minhyun instructed as he began rubbing Minki’s back.

Minki cried and cried until he fell asleep on Minhyun's shoulder. Minhyun sighed. He laid Minki on his bed, removed the shoes Minki probably forgot to take off because of his emotions running crazy, and pulled the covers over him.

What happened?

Minhyun was curious. He left his bedroom and went to Minki's instead to sleep.

Could it be?

No, He couldn't think that way. Maybe Minki was drunk, though he smelled no alcohol  on him.

The Following Morning

"I'm not hungry," Minki said. He was glaring at the pancakes placed on the table in front of him. It was shaped like a bunny with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle dazzled around.

"It’s your favorite," Minhyun said. He had woken up early just to make it and even called in sick just for Minki.

"No! Let me starve myself!"

Minhyun face palmed. He sat across Minki. "Mind telling me what happened."

Minki's eyes filled with tears. "He...he rejected me."

"What?" Minhyun asked, surprised. He should have felt hurt for his roommate, but in reality a part of him was happy, happy that he did not end up with Jonghyun.

Was that bad?

"H-he said," hiccups "H-he said” hiccups "he likes someone"

Heart drops.

Seriously, why were things this way?

"W-why didn't he ever tell me he liked someone?" Minki grabbed a fork and stabbed the pancakes as if to kill it.

Minhyun winced. At least the pancake was receiving Minki's anger.

"He had two flippen months to tell me he liked someone!"

"Maybe he didn’t tell you anything, because he has only known you for less than a year, Minki." Minhyun whispered.

"But I thought we could be good friends. I gave my all to him."

"Well now you know not to rush things." Minhyun mumbled.

And so a whole plate of pancakes landed on Minhyun's hair. He probably deserved it. Minki went back into his room and slammed the door shut, and locked it.

Next day at Work:

Minhyun was on his meal break when Jonghyun arrived to work. It was still early so Jonghyun was sitting in the crew room on a chair across from the chair Minhyun was sitting on. Minhyun had a tray with half eaten fries, and box filled with nuggets on the crew table. He picked on the nugget. It was a bit awkward in the room. Jonghyun was on his phone, probably playing a game, or worse...talking to his crush. Minhyun dropped the nugget in its box.

"So...you and Minki?" Minhyun began.

Jonghyun's shoulders hunched. "Ah um...did he...did he tell you?"

Minhyun nodded. "And that you like someone."

Jonghyun blushed. "Y-yeah...um" he couched. "Didn’t think he'd tell you that too."

Minhyun gave him 'are you serious stare'. "He tells me everything."

"Ah...you guys are that close," Jonghyun whispered.

"We both came to Seoul from Busan," Minhyun admitted.

"Oh..."

"Does the person you like know you like him/her?"

Jonghyun shook his head. "Ani..."

"Are you planning to confess to the person?"

Jonghyun shook his head again. "I don't think I have a chance."

"Why?"

Jonghyun stared at the table. "Because the person doesn't seem to like me. Ah...I better clock in," Jonghyun got off the chair and left the crew room.

'The person doesn't like him,' Minhyun repeated in his head. Whoever this person was they must  be an idiot.

His phone buzzed.

From Minki: Bring me nuggets when you come home! Forty of them...oh and the ice cream.

To Minki: So you went from no pancakes to McDonald food.

From Minki: It’s better than your cooking

Minhyun glared at his phone.

~2hyun~

There is no explaining what Minhyun felt every time he saw Jonghyun come to work. Jonghyun had stopped showing at their apartment after the confession, so Minhyun sort of missed him. However, there was something more. What was it? Every time he caught Jonghyun interacting with a customer or crew member he kept wondering if it was the person he liked. No one at work seemed to dislike Jonghyun at all. They all liked him, because he was a good manager, probably better than Minhyun (which he secretly hated to admit). The customers always loved interacting with Jonghyun, and they sometimes liked keeping him away from running the order.

Who was it that didn't like Jonghyun?

"Yah!" An Angry customer came into the store. He dropped his bag at the counter and seemed to be angry at Jonghyun.

Was it him? He was young, and appeared to be around their age.

Jonghyun had turned to the customer. "Is something the matter, sir?" Jonghyun asked.

"I did not get my bbq sauce!"

"Oh," Jonghyun took out some bbq sauce. "Here you go. And I will throw in three more."

"And my drink? Shouldn't I get a drink for having my order ruined?"

Jonghyun suddenly became nervous.

'He likes that person?' Minhyun was angry. That guy was . Asking for a drink just because he didn't get sauce for his whatever it was he ordered. People not only got sauce for their nuggets.

"Um…"

"Here," Minhyun gave the customer a small cup. "It’s on us."

"I want a larger cup"

"You will have to pay for the cup."

"If you don't give me a larger cup then I will demand a refund!"

Minhyun was so ready to argue with the customer.

"Um...um...here you go," Jonghyun replaced the cup with a larger cup.

"I like this kid," The customer pointed to Jonghyun. "Better than you." then he was off getting a drink.

Minhyun turned to Jonghyun and crossed his arms.

Jonghyun gulped. "S-sorry. I didn't want him being mean to you."

"He will start taking advantage of you," Minhyun warned. "Be careful with those customers."

Jonghyun nodded again, apologetically.

Maybe Jonghyun did want the customer bothering him again.

Minhyun became even angrier. What was wrong with Jonghyun liking someone who doesn't like him?

"Someone is angry" Seongwoo poked Minhyun on the side.

"Why aren't you in the kitchen?" Minhyun asked coldly.

Seongwoo tsked. "I don't start until 2:30"

"You can clock in early. We need more people right now"

"You are so mean" Seongwoo cried. "Jonghyunnie!"

Of course he would run to Jonghyun...

~2hyun~

Minhyun is in the office and having to fill out some forms. A responsibility every manager has to do. It was at this time Heechul came into the office.

"Something is bothering you" was the first thing Heechul noted.

Minhyun didn't say anything. He didn't have to talk about his personal problems with the General Manager.

"Not gonna tell me?" Heechul asked.

Minhyun sighed, loudly.

Heechul placed his arm over Minhyun's shoulders. "Someone told me it is affecting your work."

That someone must have been Seongwoo. Yes, Minhyun was pointing fingers.

"Well..."

"I could get in trouble"

"How about I take this off" Heechul took off his name tag that said his name and General Manager. "Now I'm just a friend."

The world must hate him? Minhyun sighed again. "Ever fall for someone you can't have?"

"Many times" Heechul admitted. "Do you like someone?"

Minhyun nodded slowly.

"Who?"

Minhyun groaned. The world really hated him. "Jonghyun."

"Be specific we have two"

"Jr."

.

.

.

"Ah, at last you admit your feelings?"

"What?" Minhyun asked shocked. "What do you mean, hyung?"

"You don't think I noticed?" Heechul asked. He moved his arm away from Minhyun's shoulders. "It was like Mr. Cupid struck you with an arrow the moment the kid entered the store."

Minhyun blushed, embarrassed. How was that possible? Yes, he could admit he did think Jonghyun was cute, but to fall for him at first sight? No Way...

"So is there something else bothering you?" Heechul asked.

Minhyun glanced at the form only half complete. "He likes someone."

"Really, who?"

Minhyun once again sighed. "I do not know, but apparently it is someone who doesn't like him."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Once again Heechul had his arm around Minhyun's shoulders. "Let me give you some advice."

Minhyun blinked confused.

“Any time you get a chance, observe the boy, and there you will find the answer.”

Minhyun tilted his head. “What do you mean?”

“Just do as I say, okay?”

Minhyun was about to open his mouth…

But before he could even ask further Heechul had placed his name tag on changing from ‘I will listen to your problems as a friend’ to ‘I’m your boss now, so I’m not going to listen’. Minhyun tapped the pen on his bottom lip, so he had to keep a close watch on Jonghyun. Why?

~2hyun~

His interaction with Jonghyun was often short, because of the store’s busyness, and they both were left running orders from different sides. Minhyun had to get the meals ready for the drive thru and Jonghyun for those in the Lobby. Sometimes their jobs would switch. Other times they had to guide their team. However, Minhyun began observing Jonghyun whenever he got the slightest chances. One time they both had gone to a bucket filled with towels (meant for cleaning) and their fingers had accidentally touched. Jonghyun’s finger twitched. Minhyun peeked through his bangs out of curiosity. If he wasn’t mistaken there was a tint of pink on the boy’s cheeks. At another day and time they had bumped into each other while running on opposite sides of the store. Jonghyun had apologized, and when he ran passed Minhyun he was caught blushing again.

‘Because the person doesn’t seem to like me’

‘Well you have been pretty tie to him since he started working at the store’

Some random voice said in his head.

‘Can you really blame him for thinking you hate him’

Minhyun placed a hand over his mouth. It couldn’t be him could it? No. Minhyun did not want to get his hopes up.

Crash!

Minhyun rushed over to the sound of the crash. Jonghyun had fallen with a box of napkins scattered all over him. Jonghyun’s face was covered in embarrassment. His eyes met Jonghyun’s, and he was positive Jonghyun was waiting for a scolding from him.

“You really have bad luck with things, don’t you?” Minhyun asked as he began picking up the napkins.

“Its…I’m clumsy,” Jonghyun whispered. He too started picking up the mess.

He had to test it.

“It’s cute,” Minhyun said.

For a second Jonghyun’s body froze. He looked at Minhyun shocked, before turning away, his face changing to a different form of blush. Jonghyun took the dirty napkins from Minhyun then threw them in the bin.

Minhyun was a fool…probably the biggest fool in the universe.

His shift ended hours before Jonghyun’s, but Minhyun did not leave the store. He sat in the lobby, a sweater covering his uniform, and waited for Jonghyun to be off schedule. Another shift manager: Kim Taeyeon had entered the store. She whispered something to Jonghyun, and he had gone from his position. Less than a minute he was walking out of the kitchen, and toward the exit. Minhyun quickly stood up and followed after Jonghyun.

“Jonghyun,” Minhyun called.

Jonghyun quickly turned. “Ah, M-Minhyun…you are still here?” He asked shocked.

Minhyun smiled. “Yes... I was wondering if you’d like to get some ice cream from Baskin Robbins, my treat.”

Jonghyun looked around confused (maybe wondering why Minhyun was suddenly so nice). “Oh…sure.”

~2hyun~

They sat on some swings in a random playground not far from Baskin Robbins. Jonghyun had gotten chocolate chip flavored ice cream, while Minhyun had gotten something with raspberry. The two ate their ice cream in peaceful silences. Minhyun placed the ice cream in his mouth, and then glanced up at the sky.

“I need more detail,” Minhyun began.

“What? On?” Jonghyun asked, startled.

“On who you like?”

Jonghyun tilted his head. “Oh…um…is it for Minki to know?”

Minhyun shook his head. “Ani…Minki has moved on.”

Jonghyun’s eyes widen. “Oh, really? That quick, huh.”

“He is always like that”

Jonghyun dipped his spoon in the ice cream. He didn’t seem upset from the news of Minki moving to some other person.

“So who is it?” Minhyun continued.

Jonghyun’s face suddenly became red. “W-why do you want to know?”

“Well, maybe I am curious, and this curiosity is seeking answers.”

Jonghyun turned away from Minhyun, but his ears were kind of pink.

“May I know?”

“Um…uh,” Jonghyun poked the ice cream…

Mumble,

Mumble

“What?” Minhyun leaned closer to hear Jonghyun.

“Y-you…” it was barely a whisper, but Minhyun heard it.

.

.

.

The stress his heart had been facing for the past weeks suddenly felt like it lost 50 pounds of weight. The ice cream cup in his hand fell, landing somewhere on the ground. Minhyun pushed away from the swing, and moved toward Jonghyun. Jonghyun seemed so lost in his head he didn’t notice Minhyun, until Minhyun cupped his face, lifted it to a certain angle, and kissed him without warning. He heard Jonghyun inhale…

It was a short kiss, but when Minhyun pulled away he did not move completely away.

Jonghyun had this confusion in his eyes. “D-don’t you hate me?”

“If I tell you will you laugh?”

Still confused.

Minhyun took a breath of air. “Love does weird things to people. I guess I mistook my emotions for something other, when in reality is I liked you a lot.”

“R-really?” He blushed.

Minhyun brushed Jonghyun’s cheek, smiling. “Yes…really?” He whispered. He was already leaning in to kiss Jonghyun once more. Jonghyun slid his arms around Minhyun’s neck, and locked lips. The kiss was soft, tender, gentle. It was like a suction of air. Minhyun’s hands moved from Jonghyun’s cheek, and made trails over his arms causing him to shiver. He tilted his head, his tongue making lines around the other’s lips, until he was given permission to enter. The cold playground suddenly became warm…a need to have him grew.

Minhyun quickly broke the kiss.

When he looked at Jonghyun, Jonghyun’s cheeks were flustered red.

Minhyun pulled Jonghyun into his arms. He had to control himself…at least at the park.

~2hyun~

“So all this time you had a thing for Jonghyun?!” Minki demanded, his hands smacking the coffee table.

Jonghyun was also present at that time, cuddled in Minhyun’s arms while watching Spirited Away on the couch. He nuzzled Minhyun’s neck. Minhyun squeezed him in his arms, pecked his cheek.

“Mm,” He nodded to Minki’s question.

“Why didn’t you tell me anything? I would have laid off the day I saw him,” Minki cried.

“He was a pabo,” Jonghyun answered.

Because it was the truth…Minhyun even admitted it himself.

Minki pulled his own strands of hair.

Ding Dong

Ding Dong

Minki stood up from the floor. “I’ll get it.”

Minhyun and Jonghyun watched Minki answer the door. Minki never looked so happy to see the other person on the other side. He jumped into some random dude’s (Minhyun didn’t know him) arms.

Minhyun and Jonghyun were curious. They looked at each other than at Minki.

Minki brought their new guest into the living room. “Guys, this is my boyfriend. Aron.”

“Is he-?” Jonghyun began.

“American, yes!” Minki squealed as he answered. “Well Korean-American.”

The two nodded.

“Yo, what’s up,” Aron greeted the two. “I think I’ve seen you guys before?” He pointed to Jonghyun and Minhyun.

The two were confused.

“Ah you were the one mad cause you didn’t get the bbq sauce,” Jonghyun remembered.

“That was you?!” Minhyun got off the couch. “You still owe money for that drink.”

“It was a terrible drink,” Aron said.

Minhyun huffed.

This was going to be one interesting year.

-the end

 

Jongmin2hyun: Not sure if this was what you wanted, but I hope you liked it. I did my best to meet your prompt to the fullest :)