Unraveling Truth

The Wedding Crasher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wake up that day with a hangover and a headache. I reach out for my phone the first thing in the morning and I almost topple off the bed. Taehyung's face is the first thing I see and he's soundly sleeping on the one seat couch next to the bed.

 

Alright. Is this a dream or am I actually dead to be seeing this devil the first thing in the morning?

 

I blink a few times as I stare at his sleeping figure. He looks like he's sleeping so soundly that not even a single noise can wake him up. Seeing him like this makes me feel weird. He's sleeping with such a peaceful expression on his face, unlike when he's actually awake.

 

I tear my eyes off him and start paying attention to my messages instead. All of it is from Jimin asking if I am okay this morning. He tells me he wants to come over since it's Saturday but I say I'll manage.

 

In a few minutes of me staring at my phone, I already feel my head pounding against my skull. I groan as I shut my eyes close briefly, trying to let the pain subside.

 

"You alright? You head still hurts?" 

 

This calm intonation coming from a Kim Taehyung is not normal at all. I immediately open my eyes wide and I see him staring at me with such a concerned look on his face.

 

"It hurts, yeah." I answer shortly. "What happened last night? Why are you sleeping here?"

 

"Oh." he looks like he have something else to say but in the end, he just shrug lightly. "You drank more than half a bottle of vodka enough to pass out. So I brought you back home."

 

I frown slightly as I keep my eyes on his every move starting from when he first stands up from the couch and stretches himself. He yawns and as he look down at me, I cant help but to laugh.

 

"What?"

 

"Look at your nerdy hair! It looks just like a nest now." I point up to him and he makes a face at me.

 

"Well have you ever seen someone who looks this good even with his bed hair?" 

 

"Cocky." I mutter softly and he suddenly leans in to ruffle my hair.

 

"Go get yourself cleaned up and come down. You gotta treat that hangover."

 

"Wait the - did you tell my mom about it?" 

 

"Maybe yes, maybe no." he shrugs nonchalantly and I throw a pillow right at that face. He huffs as he picks it up from the floor and throws it back at me. "I didn't, alright. Geez, I told Layla to cook some hangover soup for you and I told her I am the one who need it."

 

"Oh. Alright, I'll see you downstairs then."

 

He nods curtly before he left my room. As I pick up my towel, I suddenly thought of something. 

 

Something is not right. The way we interacted- it's like we resolved something between us both and now we're no longer enemies. We're just... friends. Did we talk about something last night for me to act like it's natural to fool around with him? 

 

Alright it's interrogation time.

 

***

 

Taehyung and I are the only ones at the dining table that morning. I got a text from my mom saying she and her husband spent the night outside. I don't need to ask the details. They both were too busy with their work ever since a week after the wedding. My mom's resignation was just processed since they finally found her replacement. I guess it's time for their honeymoon now.

 

Taehyung is silent as he enjoys the hangover soup Layla cooked for both of us. He says that he got a slight headache as well and that his alcohol tolerance is just medium. I stare at him intently as he take a sip of his drink and he realizes that.

 

"What? Are you finally thankful of the fact that you get to see this handsome face every single morning?"

 

I scoff immediately. "I just wonder what kind of sin I did in my past life to be with someone as conceited as you, really."

 

"Hey, it's called being confident." he nods twice before he resumes to devouring his breakfast. I lean in close to him, studying his feature.

 

"Really, Seo Bora. Are you a tsundere or what?" he raises a brow but I just brush him off.

 

"Look, I can't remember anything from last night. The last thing I know is that Jimin asked me out and we talked and then we changed partner. What happens next?"

 

He looks like he just choked on something as he look at me with his wide eyes. "He did what?"

 

"Romantic, isn't it? He set the mood up pretty well last night. I'm impressed." I smile as I remember the fluttering feelings I felt with him last night. I snap out of it immediately because of Taehyung's sudden outburst as he slams his fists on the dining table.

 

"Hey what happened to your 'I don't like s'?" he huffs and I just shrug in response. 

 

"People can change, alright? He seems pretty serious about it too."

 

"I can't believe this." he mutters. "I told you, Seo Bora. Playing with fire, remember?"

 

"Sometimes you just gotta take that risk in life to be happy." I shrug nonchalantly. "Besides, what is it with you if I date him?"

 

He does that thing again. He's obviously about to say something but he suddenly closes his mouth and in the end, he just sighs heavily. 

 

"You know what? Don't say I didn't warn you."

 

"I won't." I say shortly. "Hey you haven't answered my question!"

 

"Why don't you just go and ask that lover of yours instead, huh?" 

 

"We're not dating yet, shut up." I huff and he rolls his eyes.

 

"Yet, you say." that's all he mumbles before he suddenly stands up from his chair. "I'm done."

 

"Wha- you're not finishing your foods?" I ask him but he just ignores me as he head towards the stairs. I jut out my lips as I stare at his back. 

 

I don't know why he hate the idea of me dating his friend that much. Is it that horrible until he's acting this way?

 

***

 

I return to school the next week as usual. I met Jimin in front of my locker every morning and every now and then, Taehyung would be there on his way to class. I honestly don't know since when we cross paths that much. Did his class changed venue or- nah it's not like I care anyway. 

 

I realize how the girls keep on staring at me and Jimin as we walk together nowadays. Jimin would be very excited while he talks and I would just listen to him rambling all about himself. He looks a lot more comfortable around me rather than before, honestly. I like seeing him being his dorky self sometimes instead of always acting cool.

 

He wanted to eat with me during recess but I know Yugyeom prepared something to eat with me. As much as I would love to spend more time with my future lover, I choose not to abandon my friend so there we are, sitting at our usual spot.

 

"Is it just me, or did someone really cleaned up this spot?" Yugyeom asks as soon as he settles down at his usual spot near the windows. I shrug as I look around and wow, he's damn right. We usually need to clean up a bit before we get to eat there. 

 

"Maybe they noticed that you go here a lot. The students from the last time at the corridor, they don't hang out there anymore." he says as he start serving his lunch box on the table. 

 

"Is that possible?"

 

"Totally." Yugyeom snorted. "They'd do anything to up to you, Bora. Or, to phrase it nicely, they'd do anything to make you comfortable. It'll be hard for them if you decide to hunt for their blood isn't it?"

 

I hit his arm lightly and laugh at that. "Yah, you make me sound like a vampire or something."

 

He just smiles at me as he stuffs his favorite tomato cherry inside his mouth. I grin as I join him to eat what he cooked for today. It's a simple egg, ham and tuna sandwich.

 

"Mmm, this one's good!" I comment as I take my first bite and he grin proudly to that. I resume to take my next bite when he suddenly asks.

 

"So, how's everything going with Jimin?" 

 

"Well. I already told you about him asking me out during prom. What else, this morning's just as usual." 

 

"What about Taehyung though? You haven't told me how he reacted to you dating his friend."

 

I blow on my bangs as I put down my sandwich. "You. You're just the same as him. I said we're not dating yet, alright."

 

"Well, yet means it's coming soon. And you know what, it just doesn't count. He confessed and you didn't reject him. It means you like each other and you both keep on hanging around each other. What else can that mean?"

 

"Hey, the moment I find any dirt on him I'm bailing for my own sake."

 

"Hah, good for you." he rolls his eyes and I just make faces at him. 

 

"Anyways since you mentioned Taehyung... I don't know. Something's wrong with him. I can't exactly pinpoint it though."

 

"Why? Did he do something to you?" Yugyeom's boice turns into a rather concerned one

 

"The exact opposite, actually. He's been just okay. He still make his sarcastic comments sometimes but that's it. Also-" I trail off as I remember his behaviour after breakfast that day. He really doesn't talk to me anymore it's almost like he's sulking or something. 

 

"Also?"

 

"Aish, I don't know anymore. He's just weird."

 

Yugyeom gives me that worried stare and I just wave my hand dismissively. "Don't worry though. He doesn't even touch me now."

 

"It's not that I am worried about." he shakes his head. "You're too dense for your own sake, Bora. I wonder how frustrating it is for him."

 

"What does that even mean?"

 

"I think he likes you."

 

I choke on my own saliva as soon as I hear that. I didn't choke because I am surprised though, it's because I can't hold in the urge to laugh.

 

"That's a funny one, Yugi. You got me there."

 

"I hope it's just a funny joke, Bora. I really hope so."

 

Yugyeom suddenly turns serious and I just silently munch on my sandwich. I know he'll just insist he's right if I deny it so I just keep quiet. But deep inside, I know the truth. 

 

The chance of a Kim Taehyung, my own arch nemesis liking me is more than impossible and less than -0.01%.

 

***

 

It is finally weekend after a whole week of rough schedules. My mom is home and she is planning on us both to bake brownies. So there I am, a pink apron wrapped around my waist in the kitchen with my mom. We just finished the batter part and the brownies are almost done.

 

Why brownies all of the sudden, you ask? I asked the same question too. Her answer was just... easy. She craved for it so why not? But all of the sudden in the middle of baking, she asked me to invite Jimin home.

 

O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter