Hulya

In Another Language..... (hiatus......i really want to work on this more)

Hulya (n turkish) a daydream that brings happiness

 

Hyesung sat at his desk at work and let his eyes slide closed as he drifts once again into the daydream that he had been having lately.

He sat at a cafe; no one paid attention to him and he listened to the conversations of those around him. One woman talked about a blind date she had been on over the weekend while her friends listened. He could see the jealously written on the face of one of the women. It was like he could read her thoughts; she had been on many failed dates recently and it pained her to hear that her friend had a good time. He focused on another couple; they were newly dating and he could see that they were still thrilled to be together. The man took the woman’s hand and held it gently; his thoughts were on how amazing it was that her hands were smaller than his. His girlfriend couldn’t believe her luck, she had been in love with him half her life. They had grown up together and by some miracle he had finally begun to see her as a woman instead of the girl that he had grown up with. In the far corner of the cafe a man sat alone over his laptop. He has dressed like he had somewhere important to be but his close looked a little shabby and worn. Hyesung hoped that he was able to do well because he had a look of determination on his handsome face. A closer look at him made Hyesung smile; he was very attractive and the way his hair hung slightly in one eye made him looking dashing. He noticed Hyesung looking at him and nodded slightly with a smile. Hyesung felt giddy and smiled back. He stood to walk over to join him and the man grinned broadly.

“Hi, I hope you don’t mind………”

“Excuse me?”, a soft voice pulled Hyesung from his daydream and he looked up at the man in front of him.

“I’m here to apply for the assistant position”, the man reached up and swept his hair out of his eye and smiled nervously. Hyesung tried to keep his face straight as he took the stack of papers the man handed him. It was the man from his daydream and he felt his heart start to race as he looked into the man’s brown eyes.

He looked at the name on the top of the resume, “Mr. Park ChoongJae….. do you have time for an interview right now? You are the first applicant and I have some time right now”, he stood and reached out to shake his hand. The man gripped his delicate hand with his larger, stronger one and nodded.

Hyesung had dreamed about this man for a week, it was a shock that he walked in looking for a job but he wasn’t about to let him get away. He had a feeling that it would work out, in more ways than one.