Yong Appa

The Ferris Wheel

Chapter 11

Elderly care – Yong appa’s room

“Yong appa, by any chance… your daughter is… Im Yoona?” Yuri unconsciously clenched her hand, she was afraid of the answer that Yong appa might give. She didn’t want to know that her only Yoona-free place was the place relating to the girl the most; the person who she trusted the most was someone who had a family bond with the person who pulled the biggest trick in her life. She still couldn’t believe that she kept in touch with Yoona for the last three years through e-mail, talking about Yong appa’s condition. Yuri bit her lips, waiting anxiously for his answer while in fact, she didn’t want to hear it, she loved being in denial so please, just let her be.

Looking at the frustrated Yuri in front of him, the old man didn’t know what to say or do anymore. This was the first time he saw Yuri being so vulnerable, confused and hopeless. He suddenly wondered what his rascal did to Yuri that could cause great impact on her like this. Should he answer her question? Confirm or deny it? Denying was definitely not a possible option since he couldn’t hide the fact that Im Yoona was indeed his daughter. So there was only one option left.

“Uhm… yeah… is there… something wrong?” He asked even though he knew for sure that something was certainly wrong.

There was his confirm. She heard it, loud and clear. Then what would she do next? Running away like she always did when there was something unexpected happened to her that involved Yoona? Or breaking out in tears in front of Yong appa, telling him how much Yoona hurt her? If she did either of this she would be the same old Yuri who couldn’t face the little evil named Yoona. Didn’t she promise Fany that she wouldn’t let Yoona’s presence affect her anymore? And Kwon Yuri was a woman of her word.

Yuri shook her head as a denial to Yong appa’s question. She turned around to face the door, her hand got a firm hold on the door knob. Taking a deep breath while turning the door knob to open the door, much to her surprise, Yoona was nowhere to be seen. She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion and then closed the door afterward. Yuri barely let out a relieved breath when she heard Yong’s appa voice.

“Don’t tell me that my rascal is your ex who you always mention to me.” 10 seconds was enough for Yong appa’s smart mind to put two and two together.

“Yeah”

“Then, three years ago, you were my daughter-in-law and we don’t even know of each other existence.”

“…Yeah, I think so.”

“So she was the one who cheated on you.”

“…Y-yeah…” Came Yuri’s hesitant answer, somehow the way Yong appa was asking and his facial expression was scaring Yuri.

“Also the one who broke your heart after only a few hours saying vows to each other.”

“…Y-ye-yeah…” Okay, it was official. Yong appa was scary and he was freaking her out with his calm voice.

“Alright, I see…”

Yuri took a mental note to herself: Never mess with Yong appa, he can be very, very, very scary when he wanted to be.

Elderly Care’s lobby

“Nurse! Nurse! Nurse!” Yoona continuously shouted though out the hallway. The nurse who was in charge of Yong appa rushed to her.

“What happened? What happened? Is there something wrong with Mr. Im?” She asked, seeing that Yoona was in panic mode like this, she assumed that something might happen to Yong appa, her father.

“No, he’s fine but I just want to make sure something. Is there someone switch rooms with my father?” Yoona asked.

“Not that I know of.” 

“Then do you guys change my father’s room?”

“No, he’s still in the same room as before, don’t you see him in there? Besides if we did change his room, we would inform you about that beforehand.”

“So, the second door to the left, down this hallway is his room.”

“Yeah, what’s the matter Ms. Im?” The nurse answered, she was somewhat annoyed at Yoona’s meaningless questions. 

“Are you sure?” She asked once again, completely ignore the nurse’s irritation.

“Yes. How am I not sure about this? The room you came to earlier was certainly your father’s room. I’ll take you to his room once again if you don’t believe me.”

“No, no I didn’t mean it like that. I just want to make sure that it is the one.”

The nurse looked at her weirdly; she made it sound like it was a matter of life and death when nothing serious happened. “Is there something else, Ms. Im?” The nurse asked, trying her best to be polite.

Yoona shook her head helplessly and slowly walked away from the nurse. There were so many things on her mind at the moment. So that was her father’s room for sure. And the person she just saw in his room without a doubt was Yuri. It was not that hard to put the pieces together, Yuri was black_pearl and they’d been exchanging e-mails to each other frequently for the past 3 years. In other words, Yuri was still in her life the past 3 years but she just didn’t know about it.

Then she thought of her father. The person, who she loved the most, admired the most and also the person who she scared of the most. One thing that Yoona know for sure at this moment, her father must’ve known about their past or more precisely, her ‘revenge’ on Yuri. What type of person does her father hate the most? The dishonest and unfaithful type and this was exactly what his own daughter was doing, being disloyal.

She took heavy steps toward her father’s room. She had a feeling that the first moment she stepped into his room, something really bad was gonna happen to her. She opened the door wide enough to slide her head through the crack so only a part of her face was showing.

“Appa, please let m-” Yoona didn’t get to finish her sentence before Yong appa quickly grabbed the closest subject to him which is an ashtray and threw it at her.

Yoona dodged the ashtray easily and closed the door right afterward. She knew that her father was furious at her so that was why she had to close the door to protect her own life.

Yong appa rushed to the door in attempt to open it but it was no use since Yoona was on the outside got a firm hold on the door knob, keeping it closed.

He continuously banged on the door, “Im Yoona!!! Open this damn door if you still consider yourself as my daughter.”

“Appa, please calm down and let me explain. This’s not what it looks like.” Yoona shouted from the other side of the door, she had expected her father to be mad but not to this extent.

“Fine, if you want to explain then answers my questions first. Did you meet Yuri 3 years ago?” Yong appa asked. His voice was so loud that Yuri thought that it would hurt her eardrum.

“Well, I did but-”

“Then did you propose to her only after a week getting to know her?”

“Yeah, it’s true, I thou-”

“Did you promise to love her for the rest of your life when you were saying your vows to each other at the wedding?”

“Ye-Yes, I did but you have to listen to my side of the story, appa!”

“One last question about this matter.” Yong appa paused for a moment as he closed his eyes and his voice was suddenly softened, “Was Yuri telling the truth about what you did to her?”

“I… I…” All of her explanations which she had been preparing to say were suddenly stuck at the tip of her tongue and she couldn’t say anything else except the word ‘I’.

“Im Yoona… do you know how disappointed I am in you at this moment?” His voice came almost as a whisper.

“Appa…” Yoona was trying hard to think of what she should say to respond to his question but nothing came to her mind except, “I’m…I’m sorry.”

Even though there was a door between them, Yoona could still hear her father’s heavy sigh on the other side. And then… a dead silence. Out of curiosity, Yoona pushed the door opened slightly and slowly. She stepped into his room carefully as if it was made of jelly which would easily collapse if she moved too much. She carefully leaned her back against the wall and stayed silent.

Yuri looked at Yoona who kept her head low at this moment. Yuri swore that she could see the unshed tears in her eyes before it quickly disappeared when Yoona blinked her eyes. Yong appa was on her side, defensed her but still, she didn’t feel happy. Why? She wasn’t sure. She was just… not happy.

Then she laid her eyes on the old man who was sitting in his armchair, his back facing his daughter, his head rested on the headrest while keeping his eyes closed. Nothing was said, each person was lost in their own thoughts until it was Yoona who decided to ease the tension in this room by starting a conversation.

“Appa… I know what I did was wrong but-”

Again, she stopped when she heard her father let out a snort.

“Up until now, I just realized that I’m a failed dad, Yuri-yah. I remember telling countless times to keep her promises no matter what, to stay faithful for the one she loves, but still my words came in one ear and out another. I told her to take her chances whenever possible yet she lets the most wonderful thing ever happens to her slip through her fingers.”

“Appa…”

“Listen to me carefully. If you can’t keep your promises then let me keep them for you, you must be responsible for what you did and I won’t ever accept anyone else as my in-law if it’s not Yuri. You have to beg for her forgiveness until she accepts you or I won’t ever talk to you or want to see you again.”

“That’s not fair, appa!”

“I need to rest now and I don’t want to see your face anymore, you can leave now before I say something that I’ll regret.”

Even though Yoona wasn’t pleased with his decision but at this exact moment she decided to follow his wish and leave the room.

Few seconds after Yoona’s leave, Yuri heard Yong appa’s voice, “Yuri-yah, I want to be alone now.”
Yuri quickly nodded and left the room just like his wish.

Elderly Care’s parking lot

“Why am I feeling guilty all of a sudden? I don’t even know that Yong appa was her father. Even though their relationship weren’t too great in the beginning but now, because of me it’s getting worse. Aish, how do I get myself tangled in this mess?” Yuri ruffled her hair in frustration.

Yuri was about to open her car door then suddenly she heard the sound of someone sobbing somewhere. Following the source, she finally found Yoona was sitting on the ground as she drew her legs closer to her body, her back was leaning against her car. And she was crying. Yoona was crying.

As if Yoona could feel the presence of Yuri, she looked up and saw the girl was staring at her. Yoona could see that there was pity in her eyes. Pity? Did she really look that pathetic so that Yuri was looking at her with pity in her eyes? Damn, why was Kwon Yuri always around her when she was the most vulnerable? Turning her head away, Yoona quickly wiped her tears and stood up while dusting her clothes off.

Yuri on her part suddenly felt this urge to comfort the poor girl. She wanted to hold her, to sooth her pain away somehow. The fact that she was Im Yoona didn’t seem to affect her this time.

“Uhm… are you okay?” This was the first time Yuri was being nice to Yoona after they met again but she just had the worst timing ever.

“Do I look okay to you?” Came her rude answer, anybody could see that Yoona wasn’t her normal self at this moment. 

“Well, no… but I-”

“There, you know my answer. Why bother asking?” Yoona cut her off rudely.

“Yah, I’m trying to be nice here.”

“Then what did you expect me to do? Jumping with joy over the fact that you can finally be nice to me?”

“I didn’t ask you to do that but at least don’t be rude to someone who was being nice to you.”

Yoona opened , ready to talk back then she realized that she didn’t need another fight with someone at this moment. She decided to ignore Yuri and quickly got in her car and then sped off.

Yuri let out a sigh as she thought to herself, ‘Well, at least I tried.’

&&&&&&

Coffee Prince

“Why don’t you explain yourself to him? She was the one who was at fault and now you have to beg for her forgiveness? That makes no sense at all.” That was the first thing Jessica said after hearing a whole story from Yoona.

“What’s there to explain? It’s true that she saw me with another girl at wedding night.”

“What about her treating you as a lifesaver? She was also at fault.”

“You don’t know my father, Sica-yah. It’s better if I admitted my mistake rather than making up some excuses for him. Plus, when I heard he said he was disappointed in me, nothing really came to mind.”

“So, what are you gonna do?” Taeyeon asked while her hands still making another cup of coffee for her customers.

“I don’t know but begging for forgiveness from her is definitely not an option. I won’t allow myself to do that even though it’ll take forever to apologize to my father.” Yoona said, she couldn’t hide the sadness in her voice.

“By the way, you guys took today off again? Your work started 4 days ago yet you already took 2 days off.”

“Well, us going to work makes no difference at all. These days, they still got themselves busy with all the boring phone calls and reservations. Because I’ve already taken care of that matter, I have the right to take a day off. Besides, I’m not in the mood for work.”

“Yo-Yoona… Is that you?” Came a female voice behind their backs.

Yoona turned around to look for the source of that voice. She scrunched her eye brows in confusion when she saw the girl’s face. It seemed like the girl’s face was familiar to her but she just couldn’t recall her name.

“You are…”

“Come on; don’t tell me that you don’t remember me who I am.”

Yoona was trying really hard to recognize the girl but her mind wasn’t working properly at this moment. Noticed Yoona’s confusion, the girl let out a soft chuckle then she walked to Taeyeon who was standing behind the booth.

“Can I have a coke?”

“Y-yeah, sure.” Taeyeon stuttered since she was surprised by her sudden act.

Taking the coke from Taeyeon’s hand, she turned to Yoona. She looked at her with amusement in her eyes as she offered her coke.

“This’s how you do it, pal.” She told Yoona with a cocky smile on her face.

A memory flashed into Yoona’s mind when she saw the familiar gesture.

“No way… you are Gyul?” Yoona exclaimed in excitement, a happy grin was slowly formed on her face.

“Finally! I should have hug at this point you know?” She outstretched her arms for a hug.

Yoona chuckles as she got off the stool and went in for a hug.

“It’s really good to see you again. How long has it been? 15 years?” 

“Uhm… You know her, Yoona?” Jessica asked from behind.

“Of course, I know her. Let me introduce you guys. Jessica, Taeyeon this is Park Gyuri who is my childhood friend back when I still lived in the sea-view mansion in Gangwondo before moved in Seoul later.” Yoona gestured to the girl she called ‘Gyul’, “Gyul, meet my best friends Jessica Jung and Kim Taeyeon.”

“It’s really nice to meet you guys.” Gyuri said as she offered a handshake to both Jessica and Taeyeon.

“The pleasure is all mines.” Taeyeon quickly took her hand as she smiled brightly at her.
Gyuri still outstretched her hand, waiting for a handshake from Jessica who didn’t seem to move from her position.

“Yah…” Yoona whispered to Jessica and follow by a nudge.

Jessica slowly got off her stool and did a quick handshake with Gyuri.

“She’s not comfortable around stranger, sorry” Yoona backed up for Jessica who was being her normal self at the moment, an ‘Ice Princess’.

“How did you guys become friends?” Taeyeon asked.

“Well, I used to live alone with haetmom in the mansion in Gangwondo. My dad rarely come since he was really busy with his work in Seoul. I don’t have any friends since the neighborhood was all stuck-up rich kids. That was until I met Gyuri. She’s a daughter of a small grocery shop’s owner in the countryside. She helped me kicked the coke machine which ate my coin and to get the coke out while doing the same gestures as before then we become friends.” Yoona said as she recalled the memories.

“Unfortunately, only after three month we became friends, she had to move to Seoul with her father.” Gyuri wrapped an arm around Yoona’s shoulder and earned a glare from Jessica.

“Ah, that reminds me, why are you here, in Seoul? I thought that your family lived in Gangwondo.”

Gyuri let out a sigh as she thought of her family, “About two month after you left, lots of things happened to my family. My mom was diagnosed with cancer and passed away only a year later. My father was hurt by the loss of my mom so he drowned himself in drinking and gambling, not caring my family’s business anymore which caused the bankruptcy in our business. My father who had nothing to lose also passed away two years ago. That’s why I have to move to Seoul, I can’t stay in a land which holds so much memories of my family.”

The three friends who were listening to Gyuri exchanged glances with each other in silence. Lots of things did happen in 15 years, Gyuri must be really strong in order to get through all the harsh times, “I’m so sorry to hear this.” Yoona said sincerely. Honestly, she didn’t know what else to say in this situation.

“Nah… I’m fine now. I’m not the type of person who lives in the past.”

“So, what do you do for a living right now?”

“Well, I just quit my current job so I’m unemployed now.”

“Why?”

“These past few years I’ve been changing my jobs frequently. Because I don’t really love what I’m doing, you know? So it easily gets boring from time to time. Still, I need money to pursue my dream being an artist so… even though I don’t like what I’m doing I still have to work hard for the money.” Gyuri shrugged.

This was what they call ‘the power of optimism’, right? “Be strong, pal. If you need any help, just call me, here is my numbers.” Yoona did the least she could to encourage her.

They exchanged their phone numbers before bid goodbyes to each other. Meeting Gyuri again was somehow lit up Yoona’s current distressed state. Gyuri’s optimism really did affect her a lot. What she was experiencing at the moment was nothing compared to the girl, yet Gyuri was still able to carry a bright expression on her face. She really had to learn from Gyuri a lot.

&&&&&&

Conference Hall

Finally, the conference day had come. The past few days, Yuri and all of the employees in her apartment were busy as one-armed paperhangers. Extra shifts, telephones, coffees or sandwiches were seemed like the only things that they saw these days. But their effort didn’t go to waste since the conference was prepared nicely. Every little detail was perfect. Except one thing they didn’t know for sure: Guests.

On the other hand, while their workers were working their socks off, Yoona and Jessica always came to work with carefree attitude. They came to work on time also got off work at the usual times, pay no mind to their co-workers who were taking extra shifts. All of them thought that since the recruitment didn’t involve them so they didn’t have to work hard for this conference.

“Yuri, Yuri the projector isn’t working. Should we replace a new one?”

“Yuri, do we need to do the sound check now or later?”

“Yuri, was the lightning in this hall okay? Do I have to turn some of them off?

Yuri’s brain was getting hazy with all the voices calling her names. Yuri was getting annoyed. Not because of her co-workers but her, that girl. She was standing in a corner with her PA aka best friend, getting all cozy with each other while whispering and giggling, not worrying about this situation at all. Did she have to make that obvious to show that she didn’t want to help her?

“Yuri, I ask you if these flower bouquets are okay.” Yuri snapped out of her thoughts as she heard Onew’s annoyed voice.

“Ah… uh… they’re fine.”

Yuri shook all the unnecessary thoughts out of her head. Yuri scanned her eyes around the hall to check everything for the last time to make sure everything was okay. And that person was checking her phone; she looked like she was waiting for someon- . Yuri shook her head, Focus, Yuri, lots of things need your attention

“Yuri-unnie, I think that everything’s well-prepared by now.”

“Okay, now all we have to do was waiting for the guests and the media to gather.”

5 minutes later.



Another 10 minutes.

“Don’t worry, they’ll come, they’re just late because they’re busy.” Yuri reassured her co-workers. Yuri looked at Yoona who was checking her phone again and then whispered something to Jessica and the latter respond with a shrug. ‘Aish, what’s with all the whispering? Why doesn’t she just say it out loud?’

20 minutes passed.

“This is hopeless.” Minho said as he looked at the empty conference hall.

“Yeah…” Luna responded with a bored voice.

“We should just enjoy this day as the last day of being a STS employee.” Onew said.

“I know that this’s not gonna work. There’s no way we could invite those celebrities came to our conference just by making phone calls.”

“Yeah… that’s true.”

“Yah! Did you guys suggest any better ideas than this? If not then you should keep your mouths shut.” Fany shouted at her co-workers.

At this point, Yuri didn’t say anything. Then suddenly, something caught her eyes, Yoona’s grin. ‘Grin? Is she really that happy to know that I’m gonna be fired?’ Yuri was so focused on Yoona that she didn’t notice that someone had come in the hall and that someone was approaching closer and closer to Yoona. Only when the person blocked her view of Yoona, she could notice the person’s presence and the voices around her.

“Goo Hye Sun? Is that Goo Hye Sun?” Minho excited voice filled Yuri’s ear.

“OMG, I totally love her.” Luna also chimed in.

“Wait, she was walking to Yoona, do they know each other?”

Yoona grinned when she saw Hyesun stepped into the hall. This conference was destined to be a success.

“I’m sorry, I’m late. I need to arrange a few things before I could come.” 

“Thanks for keeping your promise and coming here. I really am thankful.” Yoona outstretched her hand to offer a handshake as a thank-you.

Hyesun looked at Yoona’s hand and she smiled mischievously, “Only a handshake?” She let out a chuckle when she saw confusion written all over Yoona’s face. “Before the press came, I want to try something first.”

Before Yoona could make out what she meant by ‘trying’, Hyesun leaned in quickly and captured Yoona’s lips in front of everyone who was presented at the moment.

Each person in the hall had all kind of different reactions upon the shocking scene. Luna, Minho and Onew and the rest of the staff had their mouths hang open. Fany quickly moved her eyes to Yuri to check for her reaction. Seohyun had a stunned expression on her face. For some reasons the young girl laid her eyes on Jessica who was clenching her fist and sending daggers with her eyes to the girl who was the only one to enjoy this situation. Yoona, who was the victim in this situation, still had her eyes wide open, it was easy to see the only one expression on her face: surprised.
Out of everyone in this hall, Yuri had the most difficult-to-explain expression on her face. Her eyebrow scrunched when Hyesun was about to lean in for a kiss. When their lips made contact, she stood still with a blank expression on her face and then she let out a barely audible snort while turning her head away from the scene.

Yoona didn’t have to break the kiss and push Hyesun away since Jessica had already done that for her. The sudden force on her shoulder made Hyesun who had an amused smile on her face stumbled a few steps backward.

“Yah! What are you doing?” Jessica stepped in between them and pushed Yoona behind her as if she was protecting the taller girl from something really dangerous. Anyone could notice the furiousness in Jessica’s voice and not to mention the fact that the blonde was still sending death glare to Hyesun.
Jessica’s reaction only made the amused smile on Hyesun’s face turned into an ear-to-ear grin. Hyesun touched her lips as she looked at the furious her in front her. She had expected this expression from Jessica but what she didn’t expect was she could discover another girl who also fell for Yoona’s irresistible charm. “Now I know. So, when is the conference gonna start, Yoona?” Hyesun asked like nothing happened.

“Huh? Uhm… in a few more minutes.” Yoona replied even though she wasn’t fully recovered from the shock. Of course this wasn’t the first time she was pulled into a kiss by a girl but still, she never kiss anyone in the public place like this especially her workplace.

“Then where is my seat?”

“Ah… Right there…” She said while pointing at the first seat first row. 

“Are you gonna sit next to me?” Hyesun asked and earned an expected glare from Jessica, much to her amusement.

“Uh…yeah…if you insist.”

“I’ll wait for you then.”

Hyesun walked to her seat casually, sat cross-legged in her seat and calmly waited for the conference to start.

Only a few minutes later, the conference hall was full of people. Some of them were celebrities who were close friends with Hyesun. Some were CEOs or politicians who wanted to get close to her. The rest of them were the media who wanted to take pictures of the celebrities attending an event.

Yoona also played a part in drawing those people to come here. That club Hyesun went to was full of celebrities and VIPs, in other words, those people who witnessed Yoona’s impressive alcohol tolerance were all famous. They somehow wanted to get to know more about this amazing young lady.

“Hi…” A young man greeted Yoona as he tapped her shoulder to get her attention. “My name is Lee Seung Gi. It’s really nice to meet you.” He said when he saw her turned around.

“Of course I know who you are; you don’t have to introduce yourself, Mr.Lee. It’s really nice to meet you too.” Yoona chuckled at the young man’s modesty. How could she not know the most famous multi-entertainer in Korea?

“The thing is… uhm… I saw you at the Grand Bar the other day and… uh… I thought you were really amazing. I wonder if you are free tonight?” Seunggi finished what he wanted to say with a blush cheek.

Jessica looked at the young man in front her and let out a small chuckle. He was really talented, cute and all but he was definitely not Yoona’s type. 

“I’d love to be your friend, Seunggi-sshi. Now if you excuse me, I really have to get back to my seat since the conference is about to start.” Came Yoona’s polite refusal and she quickly retreated to her seat next to Hyesun.

Jessica rushed to those arranged seats for her and Yoona and sat in between Hyesun and Yoona’s seat. She patted the empty seat next to her, signaled Yoona to sit there. Her childish behavior earned chuckles from both Yoona and Hyesun.

&&&&&&

“…And that was the last part of our conference. Thank you so much for your attention. Hope you can have a wonderful day.” Yuri ended her speech in a round of applause.

Then the guests started leaving since the conference had ended. Yoona and Jessica followed Hyesun to bid a proper goodbye to her as a way to express their gratitude toward her. Hyesun did play a big part in turning this to a successful conference.

“I guess this is goodbye.” Hyesun smiled sadly at Yoona, “I hope that we can grab a drink sometimes later when we both have some free time.”

“Of course, after what you’ve done for us, it’s reasonable that the drink is my treat.” Yoona said.

“Is that a promise?” Hyesun said she offered her pinkie to Yoona.

Yoona let out a chuckle while wrapping her pinkie around the shorter girl’s finger, “Promise.”

“Uhm… I want to talk to you about something. Just the two of us.” Hyesun said and her eyes were on Jessica.

Jessica raised her eyebrow at Hyesun. Sica didn’t feel comfortable leaving Yoona alone with her. This Hyesun girl was dangerous, way too dangerous.

Yoona nudged the shorter girl who didn’t seem to move from her position after hearing Hyesun’s request. Jessica pouted as she crossed her arms in front of her chest then slowly walked away from them.

“Why don’t you ask me the reason why I kiss you?” Hyesun asked.

Yoona shrugged, “Maybe because I already know the reason.”

Hyesun let out a chuckle, Yoona was truly an interesting girl. She just wished that she could meet the girl sooner, “Really?” 

“Yeah.”

“Can I ask you another question?”

“You do have lots of question, eh?”

“What does that girl who just has a speech earlier mean to you?”

What did Yuri mean to her? It was such an honest question. Yoona had to admit that Hyesun was quiet sharp. She contemplated her answer before replying, “A memory. A worth-to-remember memory.”

“Hmm…I see. Are you still friend with Jessica?” Another odd question.

“Of course I’m still friends with her. It’s not like we got into a fight or something.”

“Don’t you think that she’s a bit… over-protective when it comes to you?”

Yoona let out a laugh, “Oh…that. Don’t over-think about it, she’s just like that all the time. Jessica is the type who gets jealous easily when it comes to the people who are close to her and I just happen to be one of those people.”

Hyesun chuckled as she heard Yoona’s explanation. This girl thought that she knew everything while in fact she was totally clueless about Jessica’s feelings. “Ah… I see.” Hyesun decided to keep that information to herself, it wasn’t her position to tell Yoona about Jessica’s feeling.

“Also, thanks for making me drink those 10 glasses of wine.” Yoona said. Thanks to Seunggi’s confession, Yoona knew the reason why she challenged her to drink those. Hyesun was afraid that she might not be able to draw enough celebrities to come here that was why she told Yoona to drink that much alcohol in order to impress those famous people who were presented at the bar.

“Well, it’s your persistence that wins them over. I have nothing to do with it.” Hyesun said then she let out yet another chuckle as she noticed Jessica from afar was trying her best to listen to their conversation, “I think that Jessica’s been waiting for a really long time now. We should tell her to come over.”

Hyesun waved Jessica to come over. When Jessica reached them, Hyesun stretched her hand offer a handshake from Jessica, “It’s really nice to meet you, Jessica.”

Jessica looked at Hyesun’s awaiting hand, she was still mad at the girl for kissing her Yoona, for having a chance to kiss the girl’s tempting lips which she had been dying to taste every single second in her life. She wouldn’t take the girl’s hand if Yoona didn’t nudge her several times.

Hyesun always had that amused smile when she interacted with Jessica, this girl was so amusing. When Jessica held her hand, Hyesun quickly took the chance to pull the girl closer to her so that she could whisper into her ear, “If you don’t follow what your heart are screaming, you’ll certainly lose her sooner or later.”

“Yah!!!” Jessica shouted as she pushed the girl away from her.

“Later.” She waved to Jessica with the amused smile never leave her face, “Bye, Yoona.” She also waved to Yoona and then got in her car.

It was true. Hyesun did like Yoona, a lot. She had noticed Jessica’s feeling back in the bar, that was why she had to kiss Yoona on the lips to make sure. She was ready to fight for Yoona with Jessica since she thought the girl was worth it. But one thing she didn’t expect was that, Yoona already had someone in her heart. When she kissed Yoona, even though it was just one split moment, she could notice Yoona’s eyes were moving to someone behind her. That was why she decided to give up. She really didn’t want to get herself involved into a complicated love triangle to make it a square.

TBC