spontaneous - seungho

omg prompt collection

cr: cybercnu

prompt: I decided to flip a coin about every decision in my life for a week and that’s how we ended up on a date – (seunghee x jiho)


‘’Come one Seunghee, you gotta let loose a little bit’’

‘’Say yes every once in a while’’

‘’You’re making it seem as if I’m too boring’’ the girl in question crosses her arms, beginning to get annoyed at her friends’ words.

‘’That’s exactly what we’re saying’’ Arin deadpans

‘’Oh is that what you all think?’’ she gets up suddenly and looks around her group, eyes crazy, ‘’then you’ll see!’’ she exclaims before exiting the cafeteria like the drama queen she was.

‘’Why is she getting worked up all of a sudden? We just commented on the fact that she doesn’t want to go to the pier with us because she has to do homework that’s not even due until next week’’ YooA shakes her head.

‘’You’ll see!’’ Binnie mocks the short girl’s previous words, ‘’what was that all about?’’ she asks with a confused look on her face

‘’I guess we’ll see’’ Hyojung attempts at a joke, and all of her friends and even her girlfriend groan in embarrassment at her sense of humor.

 

 

‘’Hey, Segunhee, the rest of us are going to the mall this afternoon, wanna come with?’’ Jine asks, more out of politeness than anything since she already knew the answer.

She observes the shorter girl retrieve a coin from her backpack and flip it, the object landing in the palm of one of her hands.

‘’What ar-‘’

‘’Sure, what time?’’ she smiles

‘’You’re going?!’’ Hyojung asks surprised

‘’Of course. You see, ever since you said that I was too boring, I decided to change things up a little bit, and I came up with this new system’’ she extends her hand showing the coin, ‘’would a boring person leave of all her decisions to luck? I don’t think so’’

Everyone in the group was shocked about what just had happened. They didn’t know how to react.

‘’I told you you’d see’’ Seunghee told them confidently.

‘’Are you really going to do this for the rest of your life?’’ Arin asked

The shorty snorted at the question, ‘’of course not, I’m just going to do this for a week, so you’ll shut up about me being boring, and uptight, and whatnot’’

‘’Do you think you’re going to last that long?’’ YooA challenges, ‘’I say you’re going to be done with it by Wednesday’’

‘’Again, you’ll see!’’ the short brunette pointed her middle finger at her taller friend

 

As it turned out, Seunghee’s new ‘system’ wasn’t so bad after all. On the contrary, thanks to it, the girl was able to open up to new things. On Monday, she accepted their offer to go to the mall. On Tuesday, she left her usual lunch of a Tofu burger aside and tried out a few slices of pizza from the cafeteria. On Wednesday the stakes were a little higher. Her friends were cutting chemistry class to go and watch a drama on a secluded area of school, and of course, taking advantage of the situation, asked her to join them. And it seems luck was on their side because when Seunghee uncovered her hand where the coin had fallen and it was a positive result. On Thursday, however, the decision was between ditching her homework or going to the movies with her friends, but the coin flip ended with heads, which meant a no.

And finally, on Friday, came the real test.

Jiho was YooA’s girlfriend Mimi’s friend, who was infatuated with Seunghee since the first time she laid eyes on the drama queen. And Seunghee knew, but the taller girl was far too flirty for her liking. Jiho was confident that she could make the short girl date her, but after hearing from Mimi far too many times that Seunghee would never accept going out with her, she never did ask her.

But now, as YooA confidently told her she should give it a try. Her confidence was beginning to build up again. So, with determinate steps she made her way to where the short brunette was standing by her locker, chatting with the rest of her friend group. And the sight made her nervous, even though Mimi and YooA were trailing behind her.

‘’Hello, Seunghee’’ she beamed at the girl, who was wearing a confused expression on her face.

‘’Jiho’’ was all she said

The taller girl looked at the people surrounding them, who were sporting the same expression as the object of her desires.

‘’I’m here, because, well’’ she tugged at the collar of her uniform shirt, feeling suddenly hot, ‘’I want to know if you’d go out with me tomorrow night’’

‘’tomorrow night?’’ Seunghee tried to think what to do, she had a bunch of reports to finish, so she did what she had been doing all week.

‘’As in a date’’ Jiho added, in case there was any doubt about her intentions.

Seunghee didn’t respond but instead turned around facing her friends, she took out a coin and flipped it, but not too high as to not alert the other girl. The second in which the coin fell was the longest she had ever experienced. And when it finally fell on her hand and gave her a result. She turned around.

‘’Yes’’.

 

 

Turns out, dating Jiho wasn’t as awful as Seunghee thought, in fact, it was quite fun. They’d only been dating for two weeks, but in that short time, she really began to see the other girl in a whole new light. She was hilarious, every time she felt stressed, she’d receive a funny picture from the taller girl, suddenly making her forget about why she was even stressed to begin with. She was gentle, being the captain of the lacrosse team, she had her team on a tight leash, she often observed her girlfriend yelling instructions to the other players when they got something wrong or got too lazy, but when practice was over, she’d turn to her and speak in the softest of voices, and grab her hand in the gentlest of ways. She was chivalrous. Seunghee didn’t own a car, but when she began dating Jiho, the girl would take her to school on hers. Before she even got close to the car, Jiho would be standing with the door open, and before she even got her hand on the handle to step out, Jiho would be getting off from the driver’s seat to open it for her. She was really smart. When she found out she couldn’t believe it, she was walking down the school halls holding hands with the other girl, when she spotted the newly posted ‘top students’ list, and she saw her girlfriend’s name on the number one spot. Ever since then, her girlfriend was also her math tutor.

She didn’t have to choose between going out with her or doing her homework, why? Because Jiho was as dedicated as she was to her studies. They’d often do their homework together at one of their houses. Their parents were also happy about their relationship, and let’s not even talk about their friends, who were beyond thrilled.

 

They were on the end of their 3rd date, the couple was walking side by side to Seunghee’s door, but before the short girl could reach the knob to open it, Jiho stopped her.

‘’I know we haven’t been dating for long, and there’s still so many thing to find out about one another. But in this time my feelings for you have done nothing but grow’’

Seunghee smiled at her words and caressed the girl’s cheek, ‘’mine too. I really like you, Jiho’’

And the girl’s face brightened up instantly, ‘’Can I- can I kiss you?’’

In that moment, Seunghee knew that she didn’t have to resort to a coin to make the right decision.


hope you liked this chapter :) i really like greasy jiho and queen of expressions seunghee together :D

 

see u next one! i'll try to update more often, since these chapters are shorter from what i usually write in my other story.

 

~~~summerstormz