the fall - miyoo

omg prompt collection

prompt: I twisted my ankle and you’re the only one here strong enough to carry me to the nurse’s office but we’re both really awkward.

enjoy this 2500+ words piece, i tried my best lmao. 


Running, one of YooA’s most dreaded activities. It’s not that she hates exercising, don’t take her wrong, she just hates it when she’s obliged to do it. As if running in laps isn’t bad enough, the gym coach had the brilliant idea of making them run up and down the stairs of the bleachers.

‘’YooA’’ the coach pointed at her ‘’you’re up first, come on, hurry up so everyone can do it’’

With an audible groan she begins walking to the bottom of the flights of stairs on the left. She runs quickly up the first and second set, when she reaches the third, she starts to feel the pain on her legs so she puts her hands on her knees to rest for a few seconds and gather as much energy as she can to finish the task.

‘’Come on YooA, you can do it!’’ the brunette heard her friend Hyojung’s encouraging shout and smiled a bit. She decides to start running again before the monster she has for a coach starts yelling at her for stopping. She’s almost down the last set of stairs when she steps on a too-long shoelace. Everything happened to quickly she only registered what went on when the agonizing pain coming from her right ankle shoot up, as any person who has ever fell down, she tried to stand up but immediately fell back down as the pain was just too much to bare. A few tears rolled down her cheeks from it.

Her friends and the teacher came to her aid as fast as they could. Everyone else in the class watching from a distance.

‘’Hey, stay down’’ the teacher instructed, ‘’I’ll get someone to take you to the infirmary since I can’t leave the group unattended’’

‘’We can take her, coach’’ Hyojung pointed at herself, JinE and Seunghee

‘’As less people leave, the best, we don’t want the hall monitors to see you and cause any kind of trouble’’

The man scanned the rest of his class, his eyes passing through the group of skinny students until they landed on one he could trust to get the job done.

‘’Mihyun, come over here for a second’’ he called out, said girl was distracted with the scene near her that she didn’t react until her friend, Jiho, gave her a slap on the back, ‘’Mims, the coach is calling you’’

Mimi instantly jogged the few meters between her and the little group surrounding the injured girl.

‘’What is it, coach?’’

‘’I need you to carry YooA here to the infirmary’’ he placed a hand on her shoulder and gave it a squeeze.

The blonde hesitated for a moment because of the pressure being put on her, but seeing the girl complain on the ground made her decide on doing it.

‘’Of course’’ she simply says

She squats down closer to the brunette, ‘’I’m gonna lift you now, are you ready?’’

The brunette can only nod, closing her eyes from the obvious pain. Mimi carefully places her arms under the girl’s legs and swiftly lifts the brunette, who still in a state of immense pain, relaxes just a little in the blonde’s strong arms.

‘’Be careful’’ the coach says, to which Mimi only nods.

She begins walking to enter the school, the infirmary is on the second floor of the school so the walk is going to take a couple of minutes.

By the time they reach the doors connecting the main building and the football field, Mimi is sweating bullets, and not precisely because of the girl’s weight in her arms. But because of the attraction she feels towards her.

She has always been a pretty confident person, but it seems that whenever she had to approach YooA for whatever reason, she’d become a stuttering and sweaty mess. Always embarrassing herself in front of her crush.

But what she failed to notice in each of those interactions was that YooA, calm and composed YooA, would turn a light shade of red and would be barely able to utter a few words in the presence of the blonde girl.

Mimi thought that if she wasn’t so focused in getting the brunette medical attention, she probably would have dropped her from nervousness. And YooA thought that if she wasn’t in such incredible pain, she would have swooned at the blonde’s perfectly shaped biceps. Even though they weren’t particularly close, she felt completely safe in her arms, the fact that she was holding her so firmly and being so careful and thoughtful of her state was something she definitely appreciated.

‘’Don’t worry, we’re almost there’’ Mimi says as she begin going up the flight of stairs to get to the second floor.

Once they reach the infirmary, the nurse’s eyes widen and she hurries to their aid. Mimi placed the brunette as careful as she can on one of the two beds available.

‘’What happened?’’ the older woman worried as she examined YooA’s body for injuries

‘’She fell and hurt her ankle, I think she broke it’’

The nurse lightly touches the swollen area and the brunette flinches, shutting her eyes.

‘’It’s not broken, but she will probably have to miss a couple of days of school while she recovers’’ the nurse says, ‘’I’ll give you some medicine for the pain, then I’ll cure your ankle, but it’s probably going to hurt, so hold onto something’’

Mimi doesn’t know what prompted her to offer her hand, but next thing she knew she was taking Yooa’s, obviously surprising the other girl.

‘’Don’t worry, I’ll help you through it’’ she smiles somewhat reassuringly

‘’Thank you’’ the brunette mutters softly before taking the pills the nurse was offering her.

The nurse begins unwrapping some bandages and YooA squeezes Mimi’s hand a little too hard, but if it hurt, the blonde didn’t show it.

The brunette left out some tears during the process, she felt embarrassed to be in this position and with her crush nonetheless. But Mimi didn’t care about that, she just wanted her to be okay.

‘’Okay, we’re done’’ the nurse finally says, ‘’I’ll give your parents a call so they can come and pick you up. I’ll be right back’’

‘’I’m sorry about your hand’’ the brunette says as she reaches for Mimi’s red hand.

‘’It’s okay, I’m glad I was of help’’ she gives a lopsided smile to the injured girl

‘’Thank you’’ she looks down shyly.

Mimi notices they’re still holding hands and begins turning red, which does not go missing to YooA, who also turns red and awkwardly drops the other girl’s hand. They both turn their attention somewhere else until the nurse returns.

‘’Your mom will be here in few minutes’’

‘’Okay, thank you nurse Ahn’’, the nurse smiles and turns around to deal with some paperwork.

‘’You can head back to class now, thank you for everything’’ YooA smiles to the blonde

‘’Oh, it’s probably over by now. I’ll just wait with you until your mom arrives, if that’s okay with you’’ she says that last part in a lower tone.

The brunette smiles widely and nods, ‘’Thank you’’

They make some small talk, still not feeling a little intimidated by one another’s presence, but not as awkward as before.

 

YooA’s entered the infirmary practically running, ‘’oh my god, Shiah. Baby what happened?’’ the woman hugged her daughter, kissing the top of her head too many times for YooA’s liking. Mimi smiled at the mention of the girl’s real name, which she knew almost no one used.

‘’It’s my ankle, mom. I fell in gym class, that’s all’’

‘’Well, we better get you home so you can rest properly’’

‘’Unfortunately, the only wheelchair we have available is broken’’ Nurse Anh adds.

‘’Can you put your feet on the ground?’’

‘’No, I had to be carried here’’

‘’And who brought you?’’ the woman inquires

‘’I did’’ a voice next to YooA she hadn’t noticed caught her attention, ‘’Kim Mihyun, I’m YooA’s classmate’’ the blonde extended her hand and YooA’s mom shook it quickly

‘’Thank you so much, Mihyun’’ the woman said with a gentle smile

‘’If you want, I can help you bring YooA home’’

Both the woman and YooA’s eyes widened, ‘’You don’t have to do that, Mimi’’ YooA waved her hands in front of her

‘’It’s okay, I know your house is not far from mine so I can walk home after’’

‘’Thank you so much, Mihyun, I would really appreciate it’’ YooA’s mom said

‘’Great, I’ll just go look for our-‘’

Mimi was suddenly interrupted by YooA’s friends who came carrying both her and the brunette’s backpacks.

‘’Here, Mimi’’ JinE said handing her backpack, the blonde smiling as a thank you.

‘’All right, now we’re ready to go’’ Mrs. Yoo announces

‘’We’ll see you later at your house, YooA’’ her friends tell her before saying goodbye.

 

Mimi carries YooA upstairs to her room and places her on the bed, ‘’Okay, you’re all set. I hope you recover soon’’ the blonde smiles warmly.

‘’I don’t know how to repay you all you’ve done for me today’’ YooA says shyly

‘’It’s fine, don’t worry about it. Just focus on recovering, alright?’’ the blonde gives her signature smile and the brunette turns to a pile of mush.

Somewhere between the nervousness and the awkwardness, she manages to stutter out a thank you before she sees the blonde disappear though her door.

 

 

‘’So, how did it feel to be in your princess charming’s arms?’’ Seunghee wiggles her eyebrows at an eye-rolling YooA.

‘’Stop it with that’’

‘’Oh come on! We know you like her, and obviously she likes you too!’’ JinE intervenes

‘’She does not, she was just being nice’’ the brunette crosses her arms

‘’You can’t see it, but we can. And she has the hots for you!’’ It’s Hyojung’s time to tease

‘’Ugh, I hate you all’’

Deep down, YooA wishes her friends words were true, because yes, she does like the blonde, but she very much doubts the other girl feels the same way. I mean, from all the girls that want the blonde’s attention, why would she be interested in her? There are far more interesting girls at school than her, that’s why she doesn’t see it. The blonde was probably that nice to everyone, yeah, that was probably it.

 

 

Mimi somehow manages to convince YooA’s friends to let her hand the homework to the girl the week she has been put to rest. She uses the brilliant (she says, YooA’s friends think it’s lame) excuse that she lives nearer. The truth is, she just wants to spend some more time with the girl, since she misses catching a glimpse at her in school.

The first time, YooA is surprised, but pleasantly so. She too was sad that she wouldn’t be able to see her crush for a whole week.

The awkwardness and tint on their cheeks is still there, but as they continue getting to know each other, it dies down a little.

Her friends text her and tell her to be sure to make it up to Mimi once she comes back to school. And of course, use the occasion to about the obvious mutual attraction.

Even her mom could see it, as she makes teasing comments to YooA once the blonde leaves the house. And actually convinces her to buy her something as a thank you for all she’s done this past week.

So, with a chocolate box in hand, YooA walks to where the soccer team is wrapping up their practice. She watches Mimi drink from a bottle of blue Gatorade and a drop run down from the side of to her neck. The brunette gulps, all her calm gone down the drain with something as simple as a common action.

Jiho notices the girl standing a few feet away from them and grins

‘’Yo Mims! Your girl is here for you’’ she calls out to the blonde, making the rest of the team laugh

Mimi looks in the direction of her friend and is about to respond when she sees YooA cutely waving at her from afar. She walks closer to the girl, feeling all eyes of her teammates still on her.

‘’Hey, good to see you back’’

‘’It’s nice to be back’’ they stare at each other for a little while, completely forgetting their surroundings, getting lost in each other’s gazes, that familiar warmth appearing on their cheeks once again, before the weight of something on her hands makes YooA scoff and remember she came on a mission to thank the blonde for her actions.

‘’Here’’ she says extending her hands, ‘’this is for you, as a little thank you for everything you’ve done’’

‘’Oh, you didn’t have-‘’ the blonde’s eyes widen at the sight of her favorite chocolate and waters ‘’I love these, thank you’’ she says with a big smile

‘’I’m glad you like them’’

They keep staring at each other until YooA realizes they’re not going to say anything else and begins to say goodbye.

‘’I better go now, I hope you enjoy your chocolate’’ she quickly kisses Mimi’s cheek before turning away to leave. She surprised herself with that bold move. She hopes Mimi doesn’t hate her for it.

She starts walking away and a few steps away, she hears Mimi call her name

‘’YooA, wait!’’

‘This is it’ Mimi thinks, in the time she’s gotten to know the girl a little better, she’s gained just enough confidence to make a move, and she feels as if she doesn’t make one right now, she won’t be able any other time. YooA’s kiss spiked her confidence level.

She jogs the short distance between the brunette and herself and grabs her wrist, surprising YooA.

‘’Wha-‘’ but the brunette is cut short when the blonde’s lips land on hers. The kiss isn’t more than the pressing of lips, but it’s enough to send both their minds spiraling and make them see fireworks.

The loud cheers and whistling from the rest of the team is what makes them pull apart, feeling a bit embarrassed for having done this in front of them.

‘’So…’’ Mimi starts, ‘’can I take you out for some ice cream right now? To celebrate your recovery, and maybe something else?’’ she says with a shy smile

YooA couldn’t be happier at the girl’s words and nods, ‘’I’d be delighted’’.

The brunette tugs on the blonde’s hand and leads them away from the field, they walk hand in hand, with obvious blushes on their faces, the awkwardness still not fully gone, but it’s something they will manage together.

As they finally share that cup of ice cream and talk about their feelings for one another, Mimi recalls the events that led them to this, and not in a million years she’d think that all it would take for her to land the girl of her dreams was a broken ankle and a pair of strong arms.


i hope you liked this, i hope to see you in the next one! not sure what the couple is gonna be but i'm excited to explore other couples other than miyoo :) that doesn't mean this is going to be the only one shot about them, not at all!

 

anyway, thanks for reading!

please comment what you thought!

 

~~~summerstormz