Chapter One: First Day of Hell

Quit You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I arrived in Seoul a week ago. Seoul has been good to me so far. I really like it here. The scent, the food, the crowd, the vibe. Everything is just great here. I just realized that I missed this city real bad. I never have anticipated of getting back here. If my grandma was still alive, I wouldn’t have moved back and would have stayed in Toronto. But this is what you call fate. I am not sure what universe will bring to me in the future, but I know there is a reason why I belong here, in Seoul, with my family, Seulgi, or maybe, just maybe Myungsoo could be the reason, he would be my future destiny. Oh, how I really wish!

Speaking of Seulgi, the first thing I did once I got here was meeting her. I was so surprised when I saw her at the first time in five years of our separation. She has changed a lot, especially in term of appearance. She was also that pretty back then, but I didn’t know that she would be this gorgeous. She sent me her pictures when I was in Canada, and she looked so beautiful but didn’t look so tall. In fact, she is really tall, way taller than me. Well, I am not a tall girl but I remember she used to be shorter than me when we were in primary school. It . I probably didn’t consume lots of nutrition in Canada or maybe I should just impute this to my genes. 

We talked and talked for hours. She told me the stories that she hadn’t mentioned before. She also shared details of her stories. How she ended up in the same school as Myungsoo. She didn’t have any intentions to follow him on my behalf. How funny, because it reminds me of when I was about to go to Toronto, I asked her to stay in touch with me and to ‘take care’ of Myungsoo for me. It was so stupid, but she has fulfilled her promises. For five years, she has followed him everywhere (not literally ‘everywhere’, just want to make it dramatic) to give me any update of him.

The semester began two months ago, so Seulgi has also just started her new high school. Chunwon High School is not exactly the best high school in Seoul, but it is still a favorite among teenagers here. I have visited the school once I registered. The school is quite big, there are five fields, seven courts and twenty- seven classrooms, nine classrooms for each grade. I got the first class, 1A, which means I am one of the smartest student there, it that I am not in the same class as Seulgi, she is in 1B. They arranged the student placement based on their grades record. I blamed my GPA for this. If my GPA wasn’t that really high I could have been probably joined her class.

Today is my first day of school, translation: my new life = new look = new me. So, I keep checking myself out in the mirror for the tenth time, fixing this and that. It is kinda weird though seeing myself in a uniform, a yellow uniform to be exact, it has been a long time since I wore this. When I was in Toronto I went to public school, so there was no uniform required. However, I think I look good. Yeah, definitely good. But the thing is I must look better. I will not just throw the chance. I’ll let Myungsoo knows how I’ve been there all the time. So, appearance is really important for the first impression.

“Seungwan-ah, honey, let’s go. You must go now or else you would be late.” I can hear my mom’s high-pitched voice from downstairs. 

I take a look at the clock and it is 7.15 already. Crap! I cannot be late on my first day. I take a glimpse of myself in the mirror for the last time and take a deep breath. “You can do it, Seungwan-ah.”

“I’m coming, mom.” I carry my backpack and go downstairs. I see my mom in the kitchen, cooking something that smells really good. She has her back me.

“Hi, mom.” I greet her happily.

She turns her head to my direction. “Oh, hi honey. Finally, you made it.”

“You don’t have much time, honey. You can bring this bread and eat this while you’re on the way. And this one is your lunch, don’t forget to have it later.” She starts moving and hands me the bread then put my lunch box into my bag.

 “Take care and be nice. This is your first day. Don’t ruin it.” She put her lips on my right cheek and fixes my floppy collar.

“Okay, mom, will do.” I give her my salute indicating that I get all of the instructions.

I hug her for the last time before I head out. “See you after school, mom.”

The way to school does not take that long. I just have to take one bus and it only takes me in 20 minutes. But I have to walk first to get to bus stop for about 5 minutes.

While I’m walking to the bus stop, I text Seulgi that I’ll see her today at school, how I am completely ecstatic to commence my day today and can’t wait to meet her there. She replies right away, saying she’ll wait for me at the gate but I cannot be late. Then I just send her my kissy selfie picture with a caption: I won’t. She just responds by sending ten hearts emoji.

I finally reach the bus stop and see some people there. Most of them are students. I spot one guy that wearing the same uniform as mine standing under the shelter. Well, he doesn’t put his blazer on, but I can see he’s holding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter