Prologue

Quit You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’ve been staring at the picture on my hand for like seven hours, not trying to exaggerate here, but it has been exactly seven hours since I left Toronto. Well, my eyes are not fixating to the picture in seven solid hours, only a few times, or maybe several times, or is it even many times, I didn’t keep track of it. Beside liking it too much, another reason is since I’m in a plane right now, there’s nothing much I can do, so I just keep observing the picture over and over again.

I got this picture when I turned fifteen. It was truly the best gift I have ever received. I remember when my best friend of eleven years, Seulgi, mailed me sending a happy birthday greeting and wishes. She wrote something else there, which was a warning notes, the big red bold font with underlines saying ‘try to not freak out (but I’m pretty sure you will anyway), just give your best to do not’. Once I clicked the attachment, I was so done. I was so speechless at first and a few seconds later I was literally screaming my lungs out. Indeed, duh. There was no way I would nail the mission if the case was like this.

There are some people playing basketball in a small park. A figure of a particular guy trying to shoot the ball through the hoop is the main and the finest object on the picture. He’s wearing a baggy white shirt with black shorts. It reveals how good his profile side is. I mean, it’s not the first time he looks so good, he is always that good-looking no matter what. The last time I saw the guy was five years ago, I never introduced myself to him, because I was eleven and too shy, in other words, I was too young and too dumb. Heck, he doesn’t even know I’m alive until now.

The name is Kim Myungsoo. It was a love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter