Four

Hymn For The Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan POV~

 

    The day went pretty slow, there wasn’t a lot for me to do in the penthouse. I mainly just walked around and explored the rooms, besides Kris’ of course. Thats where I discovered the paintings, but the name; didn’t sound familiar in the slightest. I’m pretty sure a great artist like Taozi would’ve been more known by someone.

    I bounced the name around in my head as I sat alone in the living room, trying to find any trace of that name; if I had ever come across it. I messed with the wedding band on my finger as I sat quietly, my fingers tingling as I fiddled with the ring. I let out a sigh and put the ring back on my finger, running my hands through my hair after.

    I quickly turned when I heard the door opened up. Kris was walking in, looking exhausted. His hair was disheveled and his face droopy and tired looking. I bit my lip lightly and quickly stood and went over to him, helping him take off his jacket. Kris glanced at me and paused for a second, before going along with him.

    “Why are you so helpful today?” Kris questioned as he rolled up his shirt sleeves. I looked down nervously at the jacket in my hands.

    “Well since we’re...together, I just thought I’d help out” I looked back up at him, he was walking away and was going into the hallway. I sighed and held onto the jacket as I followed him to put the jacket away. I walked up to his bedroom door and grabbed the door knob gently and twisted it a bit, before Kris’ large hand wrapped around my hand and the knob. I froze and gripped the knob a little tighter.

    “What did I say about my room?” Kris said deeply close to my ear. I gulped lightly and stayed silent. Kris then gently pulled my hand off the door knob and placed my arm against my side.    

    “I was just going to put your jacket away…” I mumbled and looked down at the jacket in my arm. Kris took the jacket from me gently and moved me away from the door. I looked up at him and watched as he quickly and quietly went into his bedroom with the jacket. I looked down and headed back into the living room, sitting on the couch and hugging a pillow to my chest. I sighed and closed my eyes as I sat quietly on the couch.

    I stood up from the couch after a bit and went to my bedroom. I closed the door behind me and searched for something to wear. I groaned lightly at myself as I slipped on one of the expensive silk longsleeves in my closet, pairing it with a pair of simple black skinny jeans. I slipped on a pair of shoes before leaving my bedroom. I quic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter