Two

Hymn For The Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan POV~

Dinner came around quicker than expected, even though Kris was nearly an hour late; yet here I was sitting alone at a large glass dining table. I looked down at my empty plate and let out a soft sigh. I placed my hands in my lap and folded my hands together. I sat quietly for a few more seconds before taking a sip of water from my cup before setting it back on the coaster.

He’s not coming. I shook my head and got up from the chair, just as the door opened. I stopped, half standing, and looked over at the door. Kris was standing by the door and removing his jacket and shoes. I watched quietly as he walked over to the table, taking a seat at the opposite end of the table; before looking up at me with that blank stared once again.

“Are you going to sit?” He said with an eyebrow raised. I felt my cheeks heat up as I quickly sat back down in my chair. After a few moments of silence Xiaowei walked in with two dishes, one was a bowl of soup and the other was a plate of salad. I gave her a small smile and picked up my fork and began to start eating my salad. I kept my head down most of the time as we ate together. I nibbled on my lip as I looked up at Kris, who was sipping his champagne. I looked back down at my salad and kept eating.

“So how was your first day here?” Kris asked after a few more minutes of silence.

“It was alright. Pretty quiet” I said with a soft tone, looking up at him. Kris was looking down at his bowl of soup. I looked down at my hand and messed with my fork a little.

“I like things quiet” Kris said simply, setting his bowl aside. I nodded lightly and looked at my salad, starting to push it around on my plate. Xiaowei came out of the kitchen after a bit and took our dishes and went back into the kitchen. I grabbed my cup and sipped my water.

“Why don’t you have wine or champagne?” He asked with a low tone. I looked up at him, my cheeks heating up when I saw him already looking at me.

“I just don’t drink. I have seen what alcohol can do to people and families. I’m making the choice to never try alcohol.” I explained to him, and Kris just nodded simply and finished off his champagne. Xiaowei shuffled into the room quickly and filled his glass back up with some champagne before quickly going back to the kitchen.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, with Kris only staring at his plate.

“Why did you marry me?” I suddenly blurted out, not being able to hold back my curiosity any longer. I glanced up at him without making eye contact with him, he was holding his glass and swirling the liquid around inside.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter