six.

The Red Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

s i x .

She stood within the darkness, hiding behind the large pillar. She watches the stunning older woman seated by throne, dressed in an elegant yellow gown, laughing gracefully as a pair of young men was entertaining her.

She closes her eyes for a while, and darkness took over her vision. As she opened her eyes slowly, she heard a loud, piercing agonising scream, and before she realised it, she was standing in a pool of blood. She looks at her quivering blood covered hands and her eyes widened. The same stunning older woman was lying on the ground, a knife embedded in her chest.

She looked up fearfully, her heart beating rapidly. Shadows were gathered around hers and whispers emerged from the four walls, although incoherent, she understood it. She shook her head, tears falling endlessly, whimpers and sobs escaped .

“SHUT UP!” She screamed.

Silence, and the shadows dispersed.

The same older woman stood before her. There wasn’t any knife embedded in her, she was just covered in blood. She the other’s cheek, leaving a streak of blood.

“Dal,” The older woman whispered, “You’re no different from me.”

She screamed.

 

***

 

The Red Queen heaved a silent sigh as she waited for the maid to finish doing up her hair. She watches them putting in beautiful hair ornaments onto her French twist bun.

After they were done, they simply bowed and left her chambers, avoiding any eye contact with the Queen. She sat there for a while, admiring the beautiful hairdo that was done by her maids. She lightly touched the hairclip. It was decorated with a variety of blue and purple gems that matches well with the dress she was wearing.

A small smile appeared on her lips as she admired herself in the mirror. She really loved the look the maids have done for her today. I need to get them to do this style more often.

Her smile faltered, however, when she saw the small scar on her left eyebrow. It wasn’t that obvious, but if you were to look closely, you would notice the scar. She dropped her hands and stared at the mirror, this time, she wasn’t as pleased as before. A certain memory keeps replaying in her mind, and the scar will always remain as a reminder of who she is.

A knock on the door caused her to jump slightly, and she turned her head towards the door. She cleared and told the person on the other side of the door to come in.

Minseok poked his head in, with a cute grin on his face. “Hello there, my Queen.”

The Red Queen raised her brows upon seeing the male, “Can I help you, Minseok?”

Minseok sheepishly entered her chambers, “Breakfast is ready.”

“I see. I’ll be down in a minute.” She said and stood up. She walked towards her bedside table and took her notebook out.

Minseok simply stood there, watching the Queen. “Are you still angry, my Queen?”

The Queen looked at the male, her brows raised. Minseok bit his lips, trying to think of a way to phrase what he was going to say.

“You know…after yesterday’s…thing?” Minseok said, blinking.

She paused as yesterday’s event passes through her mind quickly. She ignored the weird pang in her chest as she remembers about it.

“Oh right, that.” She mutters, “I’m fine about that.”

It wasn’t a lie, because what happened after that was worse. Again, she ignored the heavy feeling in her chest (this time it was for a different reason).

 

***

 

Minseok sighed. He was sitting by his desk in his own study chamber within the palace. He sipped his tea as he remembered the Queen’s expression earlier.

“So this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter