one.

The Red Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

o n e .

A middle-aged man trembled in fear as he stood before the young queen.

The Red Queen, as everyone calls her. She has come into ruling six months ago after the previous queen has passed away from an unknown sickness. Rumours had it that it was the Red Queen who poisoned the previous queen and covered it up with an illness.

Her emotionless eyes stared at the trembling man who was shouting his pleas for mercy as he kneeled and rubbed his palms together.

“Oh have mercy on me, your majesty! I have done nothing wrong!” The man shouted.

She simply looked on, a bored expression on her face. “Is that so?” She coldly asked.

The man nodded profusely, “Yes, your majesty. Please have mercy, your majesty, for I have done nothing wrong!”

“If that is what you insist, guards!” She said.

The young man’s eyes widened in horror, “I did nothing wrong, your majesty! Please, your majesty!”

“Take him away.” She ordered, ignoring the man’s pleas.

“You vile witch!” He shouted – taking everyone by surprise by his sudden change of behaviour as the guards took him by his arms, “You nasty wench! You are no fit for a queen! You are fit to be a vile witch! Do you plan to execute an innocent man?”

Her cold, emotionless eyes hardened, “If that is what you wish, off with his head!”

He snarled, “Just you wait, Red Queen! One day, the heavens shall punish you for your vile and evil ways!”

His screams became softer and softer as the guards dragged him away.

She coldly looked on, ignoring the looks of fear some people had given her. Heaving a sigh, she turned to a young man, standing by her left.

“Minseok,” She called.

The young man moved and stood in front of the queen, placing his right hand on his heart and his left hand behind his back. He bowed at her, “Yes, my queen?”

“Is it tea time yet?” She asked.

He straightened up, his lips curled into a small smile, “It is, my queen. I had the maids prepare your favourite rose tea and butter biscuits. Where would you like to have your tea time at?”

“In my rose garden.” She simply said.

Minseok smiled and bowed again, “As you wish, my queen.”

The queen stood up from the throne, walking away with a trail of court ladies scurrying after her.

Minseok watched the queen exit the throne room. Her poise and elegance never left her posture.

“I can never understand how you are not afraid of the Red Queen. You seemed to be at ease with her.” A young guard commented.

Minseok chuckled, “You won’t understand now, Sehun. But maybe, someday you will.”

Sehun rolled his eyes, “Will I? She just ordered an execution for a poor guy, and now she’s going to have tea in a garden.”

Minseok caught sight of the two guards who had dragged the man away earlier, walking past the throne room. His lips quirked into a mysterious smile, “Yeah, you will.”

Sehun blew a raspberry when he heard his name being called, “Got to go. See you around, Minseok.”

Minseok nodded and watched the younger male leave the throne room. He sighed. Hopefully, one day, he thought.

 

***

 

Minseok walks around the garden, heading towards the gazebo where the Red Queen was having tea by herself. Her court ladies waited by the side.

“I see you’ve been enjoying the biscuits.” Minseok commented as he took the seat next to her. The fragrant

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter