Not So Bad After All (YoonaxKyuhyun)

Collection of Yoona Oneshots (requests accepted)

 

Yoona sat down at the chic cafe working on her resume for the biggest law firm in Seoul. She seemed so out of place. It wasn't that she was the prettiest one in the room and certainly not the ugliest. The only defining factor was that she was alone. Tables were filled with teenagers from the nearby college. Yoona soon regret her poor decision of deciding to work in a cafe with such rowdy and loud individuals.

20 minutes had passed before she started hearing whispers about the "girl next to them" at the table beside hers. She groaned in frustration and tried to ignore it.

Yoona looked up from her paper and noticed a young boy was sitting across from her. She recognized him from one of the boys at the neighboring table.

"Cho Kyuhyun. And you?" He coolly said, looking at her with a smirk planted on his face.

"So, which one of your friends dared you to come here?" Yoona said casually sipping her americano.

"W-what? Nobody sent me here. I came on my own will to talk to a beautiful lady such as yourself." Kyuhyun replied, not forgetting to wink cutely immediatly following his response.

"Sure. Well this was a nice conversation. Congrats on having the guts to fulfilling your dare."

"So you really think this was all a dare? Why won't you believe me when I say I just came here because I wanted to get to know you?" The dare had been to get her number so his dare was in fact unfulfilled.

"I mean, you're at a table full of boys and they're all looking at us so they must have something to do with this. Anyway, how old do you think I am?

"You look like you're 19. 1 year isn't so bad. I'm 18. Fresh out of high school." Yoona scoffed upon hearing his innocent response.

"Well Cho Kyuhyun that is very flattering but I'm 23, fresh out of college." She packed up her stuff and placed it neatly into her tote bag. She took a moment to look at a stunned boy with his mouth open.

"Well since I'm nice and if you're still interested here is my number. Now your dare should be taken care of. Yoona quickly scribbled down a phone number on a napkin and handed it to him.

"Bye." Kyuhyun watched the gorgeous woman walk out of the door as the sound of her heels slowly faded away.  He rushed back to his table of friends and showed off the napkin.

"HA. Now you guys all owe me 20 bucks. Hand it over." His group of 7 all groaned and reached into their pockets to hand over the prize.

"Wait. Call the number. We need to make sure it's real before we cough over the moolah."

"Number 1, who the heck says moolah, and number 2, fine!" Kyuhyun dialed the number and put it on speaker phone so all his friends could hear her delicate voice.

"I'm sorry. The number you have dialed is not in service. Please hang up and re-dial again."  His friends burst into laughter and even held their stomachs doing so. His friend Eunhyuk even fell out of his chair causing a larger uproar.

Kyuhyun hung his head low in embarrassment as his friends . As he lifted his head, he made eye contact with Yoona outside the window as she was smirking.

----

Yoona walked into the law firm ready to ace her interview. She had been waiting for this moment ever since her freshman year of high school. She always knew she wanted to be a lawyer and so she studied hard and graduated at the top of her class. Nothing was going to ruin this perfect day. Yoona walked into the large building and made her way to the waiting area, going over what she was going to say during her interview.

"Hi I'm Im Yoona. No no too casual. Good afternoon. My name is Yoona. Nice to meet you. Ah, perfect." She practiced until she was confident.

"Good afternoon Mr. Cho. How may I help you?" The receptionist politely asked.

"Is my father in his office?"

"Yes but he has an interview right now so I think you should wait."

"This cannot wait." Kyuhyun walked past the waiting room and almost bumped into the girl who was about to enter the same room.

"Cho.. Kyuhyun?"

"Oh! Well if it isn't the girl who embarassed me in front of my friends who also owes me a hundred bucks."

"What?! How did this become me owing you money?"

"Well if u had given me your real phone number, I wouldn't have lost the bet and my money."

"Aish. Immature punk. What are you doing here anyway. You're making me late for my interview." Kyuhyun burst into laughter confusing Yoona.

"My father owns this place." Kyuhyun replied nonchalantly. Yoona cursed to herself. How could she piss off the son of the man she was trying to work for. It was all over now.

"What? Regretting messing with me?" Kyuhyun playfully asked taking notice of her silence and pained expression. Yoona hung her head low and nodded.

"Don't worry. I won't tell my father." Kyuhyun said as he walked into his father's office. Yoona was stunned. The immature fool wasn't so immature after all and she might dare even say, cool. It might not seem big to anybody else but she was rather impressed with the handsome younger boy. 

Moments later, Kyuhyun swung the door open and told her to come into the office. Yoona hesitantly followed his orders and crept into the office. Kyuhyun prepared to walk in the opposite direction to leave but he stopped in front of her. Yoona almost bumped into him because she was so nervous. Kyuhyun bent down to her eye level and bent in closer.

"I guess I'll be seeing you here often."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Years Later

Turns out, Yoona did get the job and here she is after 3 years, doing her work diligently. She wasn't one of those big hotshot lawyers yet, but she was slowly getting there, huge emphasis on the slow. 

"Yoona. I've got a big case for you. Come to my office please." Yoona hung up the phone and squealed. This was the first time she'd ever deal with a "big" case. Usually it was really small things like fights. She was excited to find out what she was going to be working on. She hoped for something excited like a murder case.

"Ah, here is your case." Mr. Cho handed her the yellow file folder. She had a beaming smile on her face as she opened the folder but it quickly dropped into a frown.

"Another brawl? You said this was a big case." She politely said showing her disappointment.

"It is a big case. Look at the defendant." 

The line read "Cho Kyuhyun". Yoona sighed and cursed to herself. Kyuhyun and Yoona had grown close despite their age difference. As soon as she arrived back in her own office, she called him. 

"Noona! What's up?" 

"Don't 'What's up' me. Why the hell is your name listed as a defendant in my case?!"

"Ah, well you see, I was grabbing a couple drinks with my friends and this guy came up to me and punched me for no reason and so I HAD to fight back."

"YAH. Aish, do you know how badly he was hurt?"

"Relax. I only managed to give him a couple bruises."

"You broke his nose and not to mention, you ripped his clothes!"

"Pfft. They were too tight on him anyway. His fat stomach needed to breath."

"Aish. Just meet me at my office in 10 minutes. I dont care where you are, get here." She hung up and walked to the neighboring coffee shop. Luckily Kyuhyun was already on the way to the office so he got there before she did. Upon her arrival, Yoona threw her large purse surprising him.

"YAH! Why did you have to go get yourself in trouble? How many times have I told you that alcohol is bad for you and yet you show up in a bar. Aish kids."

"Aish. I'm not a kid anymore! I'm 21!"

"And i'm 27. I still have seniority over you. Anyway judging by this, it seems almost impossible for you to win this even w ith my help. I think you're going to have to call him up and compensate him."

"But I haven't even told you what happened!"

"You were all over this dude's girlfriend and when he raised his fist, you beat him to it and beat him up and now he looks like this." Yoona showed him the picture of the man's face with bruises, black eye, and a broken nose. "You didn't have to use so much force on the guy who was just trying to claim what was his."

"I dont know who told you that story, but that guy has always been all up in my face and that was my ex girlfriend which he stole from me. So there. I do have a good reason."

"Kyuhyun, why are you trying to go after a girl who didn't want you. And not only that, who was dumb enough to leave such a great, funny, kind guy like you for this fool? She didn't deserve you. You deserve someone who you know will always stick by your side. You know?" Yoona lifted her head to meet his eyes that were already looking lovingly at her.  She awkwardly cleared and grabbed her things.

"Just call him." She said as she got up to leave.

"Wait!" He called. She stopped in her tracks making the person behind her spill hot coffee all over her and the floor. Kyuhyun laughed and Yoona shot him a death glare. As soon as she was done buying a new coffee for the person who had spilled it, she made her way back to Kyuhyun and smacked him on the shoulder.

"What do you want?" 

"Smile." 

"No."

"I want to see that beautiful goddess smile of yours."

"B-beautiful?"

"Yup you're gorgeous Im Yoona. Oh! I gotta go meet with my dad now." He said as he check his watch. He got up and pecked Yoona on the cheek and cutely bid her goodbye with a bright smile. Yoona was left frozen as she slowly brought her hand up to her cheek. He had never done anything like this. They've rarely hugged. The only physical contact they made was when he put his hand around her shoulder or when she was playfully beating him up. They always had a Noona-Dongsaeng relationship and she couldn't exactly put her finger on the feeling, but she liked it. She liked it a lot.

------------------------------------

as;dflkjdfl; omg this >__< sorry! Yoonhae next! :D