It Starts Now

What Does My Love Mean To You

 

“Youngmin?” Kwangmin asked in a soft voice as Youngmin walked out of the shower, his dripping wet hair covering most of his face. “What do you want?” He asked back arrogantly.

“So, erm, what’s it like… when you like someone?” Kwangmin asked shyly, turning his head away from his brother as he waited for his answer. Unknowingly, Hyo Jin came up in his mind. He laid on his bed , ignoring his wet hair as he recalled everything about Hyo Jin, the image of her smiling at him, her carrying the lunch pack, came back to him bit by bit.

Sharing his honest feelings unknowingly, he started “Well, I guess it’s like when you see her, you just feel very light-hearted and your chest starts beating really fast. When that person is happy, you feel happy too. When that person is hurt, you just want to protect her with all your heart. When that person is sad, you just want to comfort her.” He explained as he closed his eyes, a small smile crept onto his lips. “So, if I feel all those does that mean I like that girl?” Kwangmin asked as he looked at his brother with those huge eyes. “I guess?” Youngmin said unsure.

“Then, do you like Hyo Jin?” Youngmin’s head immediately shot up as Kwangmin’s question pierced through him. Realizing that for the whole time he was thinking about Hyo Jin, Youngmin quickly snapped himself out of it as he calmly responded “No I don’t,” and hurriedly snuggled under his blanket.”Then what was the whole protecting thing about?” Kwangmin asked back suspiciously. “Courtesy? Besides, have you forgotten? I have to date her for a month to get out sports car. I don’t really like her.” “I see,” Kwangmin replied cheerily. “Is there someone you like?” Youngmin asked back although he probably could have guessed it already, causing Kwangmin to go deep into thought. With a smile on his face, he replied, “I hope so, because if it is, then it is a really good feeling.” Youngmin turned to face his brother, sadness filled their eyes. Their parents had always been busy, they rarely even see them, much less feel the warmth and love an actual family should have.The closest they have ever got to a dad was Mr Kim.

 

“Then, what does love mean to you? I mean you have so many girlfriends before I doubt you can even remember all their names.” Shocked by Kwangmin’s sudden question, Youngmin shrugged as he answered as though he really meant it, “Nothing much. Love, is nothing. It’s just a joke people make up to make them feel that there is some warmth in this heartless world.” With that, he shut Kwangmin up and turned off the light, not letting Kwangmin see his troubled face. “Yeah,” Youngmin convinced himself as he thought of Na Eun, “True love doesn’t exist.”

 

 

 

His hands pressed onto his head as he jolted out of his sleep when a cold hand tapped him lightly on the shoulder. “Youngmin ? The teacher’s here. Are you okay?” Hyo Jin asked, concerned. Before he could even explain, Kwangmin rushed to speak, “He slept with wet hair, so now he’s getting a headache.” Hyo Jin instantly searched through her back as she fished out a small pack of medicine. Taking out a small pill, she hurried to search for his water bottle. “Don’t you have a water bottle?” Hyo Jin asked as she grabbed hold of Kwangmin’s and impatiently opened it while forcing the pill towards Youngmin. Taking it, Youngmin shook his head as he swallowed the whole pill along with three full gulps of water. “Thank you so much,” Youngmin thanked as he laid his head on the table, giving no attention to the teacher in front. Furrowing her eye brows, Hyo Jin looked at him with concerned eyes as she asked every few minutes how he was feeling, causing his heart to beat even faster each time. “What is wrong with me?!” he questioned himself as the bell for lunch rang and finally, he could close his eyes for a little break.

 

 

 

“Okay, take 5!” the instructor announced as everyone crumbled to the floor immediately, desperately reaching for their water bottles. “Wa----ter!” Minwoo begged exaggeratedly as he pushed himself towards Donghyun, causing him to laugh at his friend’s silliness. Plunging themselves onto the floor, Hyo Jin and Youngmin sat side by side as they ran through the steps they had to do together for the fund raising concert. “The concert is next week, are you nervous?” He asked casually as he took a sip or water and rested his head against the mirror. Hyo Jin thought for a moment before nodding shyly. “A little,” she confessed, anxiety obvious in her voice. Young Min nodded knowingly as he looked at her and gave her a reassuring smile, telling her that she would do fine.

 

 

He sat in the corner along with Jeongmin as he eyed the couple at the other end of the class enviously. “They look so perfect together don’t they?” Jeongmin commented as he watched Youngmin and Hyo Jin laughing about something together. “If I didn’t know them, I wouldn’t even know that Youngmin is only doing this for his sports car.” He continued. The boy sighed as he took in his hyung’s words. “I forgot, Youngmin is going to date her. I won’t ever have a chance.” Noticing his frustration, Jeongmin nudged Kwangmin lightly  as he asked him what was wrong. After thinking for a moment, Kwangmin finally spoke, “Hyung, what would you do if you think you like a girl, but she probably likes someone else?” He asked, still focused on the couple. Unhesitantly, Jeongmin simply answered, “I will fight for her. I will let her know that I exist too.” As though he had just solved a difficult math problem, Kwangmin’s face lit up as he gave his hyung a bright smile. Grabbing his hyung’s hand agitatedly, he shook it vigorously while thanking him, before running out of the studio. “Even that idiot has someone he likes now.” Jeongmin laughed as he stood up and joined the fun at the other corner of the studio, where everyone was just teasing HyunSeong for his failed aegyo.

 

Panting, Kwangmin pulled open the door and entered the studio unnoticed. Standing tall before Hyo Jin, he extended his hand, holding a can of energy drink, out to her. Shocked, Hyo Jin just stared at his hand, unsure of how to respond to it. Kwangmin waved his hand slightly before her getting her attention as he pushed the drink closer to her. Shyly, Hyo Jin took the can over and thanked him for it, as she pulled open the can just when Kwangmin sat down beside her. “Hi, ,I’m Kwangmin. Jo Kwang Min.” He introduced, causing Hyo Jin to giggle. “I know that, Kwangmin ssi.” Bowing his head low, Kwangmin softly explained, “Yeah but I haven’t officially introduced myself and you probably only noticed Youngmin.” I want to be noticed too… Nodding her head slightly, Hyo Jin focused back on the foolish group, making full use of their short break to have a good laugh and loosen up. Attempting to strike a conversation, Kwangmin moved closer to her and asked about their preparations for the concert the week after. Realizing the physical closeness of the two, Youngmin hurriedly shifted closer to Hyo Jin as he interrupted their conversations rudely, talking about anything and everything. Everything, that would stop his brother from talking to Hyo Jin. Eyeing the can both Kwangmin and Hyo Jin held in hand, Youngmin thought to himself, “Looks like I have to get to the plan fast before Kwangmin comes into the way.”

 

 

 

The two walked towards the washroom at the other end of the hallway where the female toilet was. Youngmin had offered to follow Hyo Jin as it was already too late. Tearing off from the group, a wave of silence overcame them.  Waiting patiently outside, Youngmin thought about how he should go about asking her THAT question. “Just do it Jo Youngmin ! Like how you always do.” He mentally slapped himself as he took a deep breath. Youngmin didn’t know what was making him so nervous, almost like he was …. Unconfident. Stepping out of the washroom, Hyo Jin pulled her ponytail down straight with a brush as she observed the blush on Youngmin’s face. “Youngmin? Are you sick? Your face is red.” She asked as she nervously placed her hand on his forehead, causing his heart to increase at the touch. Youngmin shook his head as he fanned himself, claiming that it was the heat. Inhaling deeply, Youngmin took Hyo Jin by the hand and dragged her down the hallway, pass the group and finally out of school.

 

As they strolled down a quiet street behind their school, Youngmin let go as he played with his fingers nervously. “Maybe I’ll just do it another day, besides I know that she likes me. There’s no way she would just give up on me before anything officially happened.” Youngmin thought to himself, procrastinating. Pinching himself hard, Youngmin immediately snapped himself out of the thought of Kwangmin winning over Hyo Jin. He could not let that happen. Stepping in front of Hyo Jin and facing her abruptly, Youngmin held Hyo Jin by the shoulders lightly, as he looked into her eyes, causing both of them to blush, a deep shade of pink. “Youngmin?” Hyo Jin asked awkwardly as she silently celebrated at the interaction, not knowing what was ahead of her. “So erm,” Youngmin started, stammering. Calming himself down, Youngmin looked at her, determination in his eyes. “I’m only going to say this once so you better listen up. Jung Hyo Jin, I really really like you, Will You Be My Girlfriend?” He raced through before he looked at her earnestly, even ignoring the cold winter wind that pierced his skin through the thin jacket he was wearing. Covering in shock, Hyo Jin could hardly believe what she had just heard. “Me? Your Girlfriend?” She asked excitedly as she flushed red, Youngmin nodded, mixed feelings in his heart. Hyo Jin nodded shyly, “Of course, it would be my honor.” She replied almost immediately. Heaving a sigh of relief, Youngmin unknowingly slung his arms around him neck as he hugged her tightly, lifting her slightly off the floor, an unknown feeling of happiness tightening his chest.

 

 

 

To Donghyun hyung

 

And my 1 month starts… now.

 

From: Youngmin

 

 

 

 

So ermm... im afraid this chapter is too good enough . Do oyou think we rushed too much into things? hope not :( So yeah here is the next chapter ! Do remember to SUSCRIBE AND COMMENT !!!!!!! <3<3 We will continue working hard for all of you ! 

 

Thank you Jannah , SugarxHighness , and cutie minyul025 for suscribing !!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE CONTINUE TO SHOW US SUPPORT ! 

 

 

LOVE , 

YOOGEUM TWINS <3