Home

Home


Seungkwan stood at the kitchen window, arms braced against the counter and a heavy heart in his chest. The group had been working hard for their comeback for the past few months and although they'd finally caught a break, homesickness was catching up to Seungkwan. He'd hidden it quite well during their performances and interviews but he just couldn't seem to shake the growing sadness in the back of his mind. He missed home; the beach, the sound of the waves, the comfort of knowing that no matter which direction he turned that he'd be able to find his way back. He was grateful for where he is now, don't think he isn't, but all the work and stress was taking its toll. Seungkwan had definitely grown into a fine young man in the past two years, though it was times like this that he felt like he was 15 again, lost and afraid of the world.

Seungkwan looked outside, watching the rain drops stream down the window, a lump lodged in his throat from trying to hold back tears. His heart beat heavily against his chest, aching and craving comfort, though his body stayed put. The counter was cold underneath his fingertips as his hands gripped the edge nearly turning his knuckles white. It wasn't long before Seungkwan heard soft footsteps enter the kitchen.

Vernon had woken up to the rain and the oddly intense need to pee. After he'd gone to the bathroom, he made his way to the kitchen, expecting to find it empty at this early hour. But no. As his eyes adjusted to the low lighting, Vernon could make out the short figure leaning over the counter. He couldn't see him clearly, but Vernon knew it was Seungkwan. He'd had a rather distinguishable aura compared to the other members, and the darkness wasn't fooling Vernon one bit. He rubbed his eyes slowly as he made his way over to where his short, cute boyfriend stood. When Vernon reached him, he could practically feel the tension in his muscles. He saw the way his tank top shifted underneath the taught muscles, Seungkwan arms nearly quivering under the mental strain.

After a moment of silence, Vernon leaned forward, wrapping his arms around Seungkwan's waist and resting his head in between his shoulder blades. They stood in the kitchen listening to the rain as Vernon placed slow, gentle kisses along his boyfriend's spine. He could feel Seungkwan taking deep breaths in order to pull himself away from his own thoughts. The tension dissipated slowly, Seungkwan relaxing and his heart beat pulling back into a lighter rhythm. He let Vernon hold him, not wanting to turn around, knowing damn well that if he did, he wouldn't be able to be strong anymore.

"You wanna talk about it?" Vernon's voice wasn't much more than a whisper, soft and feather-light in the darkness.

"Just....miss home, s'all." Seungkwan's voice croaked, the lump in his throat still ever-present.

Although he didn't say anything, Seungkwan could feel Vernon hum against his back before his warmth disappeared, only to slide in front of him, wedging himself between Seungkwan and the counter. His eyes scanned Seungkwan's face, taking in the tears about to spill over, and the lost expression etched on his face. He knew Seungkwan had been having a hard time lately, and now he knew why. The soft smile that spread across Vernon's face was enough to make the tears fall down Seungkwan's cheeks. Without missing a beat, Vernon pulled Seungkwan's head down nestle into the crook of his neck as he felt hands grip the sides of his loose, white t-shirt.

Tears began to run down the back of Vernon's neck as Seungkwan  finally allowed himself to be vulnerable. Vernon smoothed his hands along the expanse of Seungkwan's back, gently and soothingly rubbing in order to calm him. After a few minutes, the sniffles had died down and only soft, shaky breathing remained. Vernon brought a hand up to run through Seungkwan's hair as he turned his face to kiss his temple lightly.

"Stop trying to be strong all the time; I'm here to take care of you just like you take care of me." Vernon whispered just loud enough for Seungkwwn to hear, his stern tone turning soft towards the end.

Seungkwan pulled his head back to look into Vernon's eyes before grabbing the nape of his neck and pulling him into a kiss. He tried to put everything he had into the kiss in an attempt to show Vernon just how much he needed him, gripping his t-shirt and pushing himself into him desperately. Vernon's hands slipped to Seungkwan's as his eyes fluttered shut, the pressure against his mouth sending tingles underneath his skin. They separated only after their lungs began to scream at them.

The look they shared afterwards could only be described as 'ing love motherers, drink it in es because it's a beautiful thing' as Hoshi so graciously put it. After standing together and staring at one another, Vernon grabbed Seungkwan's hand and gently pulled him back to his room. He dragged him underneath the blankets, finding that he was pleasantly surprised when Seungkwan hugged his abdomen and nuzzled his face into his tummy. Vernon couldn't help but smile and run his hand through Seungkwan's hair, relishing the soft groan that came from him. He soon drifted off with one hand nestled in Seungkwan's hair and the other intertwined with Seungkwan's other hand.

Just before Seungkwan managed to drift off to sleep, one last thought crossed his mind.

You're my home now