Five

Wanna Be Your Love!

The two arrived at the floor of which both of their classrooms were located. 
Mir set down Kitty's bag down on her desk and gave her a quick hug before he left to his class. 

Kitty sat down, and opened her cellphone to check what time it was since the clock on the wall was never correct. 
Time on cellphone: 1:45
Time on wall: 8:55

As she held her iPhone, her hand started to vibrate. 
She was getting a massive amount of text messages. 

She sighed and just set it on the desk, waiting for it to stop buzzing. 

"What's wrong with your phone? Is it broken or something haha"
Leeu set his backpack onto the ground and sat in the seat next to Kitty. 

"Ani, it's just that.. I get a lot of texts at this time of day"

She pointed at her phone that now had 16 new messages. 

"Woah, that's pretty intense. Who's it from?"
He got a little closer to her chair and peaked over to see the screen.

"Well, I have about 5 from Thunder oppa telling me to go home by myself today cause he has to do a project. about 6 from the stupid maknae. 1 from Seungho oppa, 1 from G.O. oppa, 2 from Joonie oppa, and a couple more from.. Ah, I don't even know"

Kitty knew who it was. 
She just didn't want to bother looking at what that person had to say to her. 

It was her ex-boyfriend. 
His name was Jiyong. He was her first and last boyfriend. 
They dated for about three years, before she just couldn't stand his fliring with other girls and broke it off. 
This was a year ago, but to this day, he still texts her and calls her, and shows up at her house asking her to take him back. 

She knew that he was just playing with her again, and that she wasn't stupid enough to fall for the same trap twice. 

"Kitty-cat, are you okay? You look sort of.. gone"
He waved his hand in front of her face, trying to somehow catch her attention. 

"Oh, haha yeah, I'm okay, sorry, I just zoned out for a bit."

The two concentrated on the lecture, and helped each other with their homework, and actually set up a study-date afterschool at the library. 

"Kay, well I gotta go to History next but I'll see you afterschool at the library?"
"Alright! Bye!"

She walked down the stairs and to the next building. 

The school was separated into three different buildings, due to the amount of classrooms. 
There were so many students that attended this school, and it wasn't uncommon that you would meet someone for the first time everyday. That's how many people there were in this school. 

"Hey"
She heard a really familiar voice from the back, that sent a chill down her spine

Kitty looked back, and met face to face with the one and only, Kwon Jiyong. 
He had his red hair styled up, showing his forehead, and wore black jeans with a simple white v-neck. 
She had to admit, he looked good. Real good.

"Ji...oppa"

"Oh, how sweet of you to still call me that"
He smiled sweetly and used the back of his palm to brush her face

She had mixed feelings. 
She was half afraid of him. She didn't know how he could just track her down like this in the middle of the day so easily, and why he would actually come to see her at school. She didn't know when his constant text messaging and phone calls were going to end. He had somewhat become something like her stalker. 
But.. at the same time, a part of her was still attracted to him. 
She remembered his scent that she loved so much. The mixed scent of his sweet cologne and bitter cigarettes. 
It was intoxicating. It was like he was putting a spell on her. 

"There wasn't a single day that I didn't think of you"
He stepped in closer, moving their faces now millimeters apart. 

"I know I must look pitiful, and that I'm real stubborn.. but Kitty, I'm still attached to you."

She trembled a little in fear from the intensity in his voice

"Babe, give me a chance to apologize again.. I'm human too. I feel guilty for what happened, but you gotta know that it's you who I love."

She shook her head, and woke up from the trance that Jiyong put her in. 

"Look, Ji oppa, we're through. I don't want to get hurt again, and I know that you haven't changed."
She snapped, looking away from his eyes

Jiyong lifted her chin up with his fingers, and looked deep into her eyes
"Alright then.. but let me just tell you that I'm hella stubborn, and I'm not letting you go just like that. And tell that son of a to watch out when he's walking at night."

He let go of her and walked away. 

Kitty sighed and touched the part of her skin that Jiyong had just touched. 

To be honest, she did miss Ji. 
But it wasn't enough to fill up the loneliness that she felt while they wree dating, and fix the damage that was done. 

Little did Kitty know, that Jiyong actually did love Kitty. 
Right now, as much as he did before.

He never meant to hurt her. 
He just wanted to love her while having fun and going out. 
He didn't understand how much that hurt her though. 
He loved Kitty, but he didn't treat his "girl friends" and "girlfriend" any different. 


Jiyong realized later what he had lost once she was gone. 
He locked himself up in his room for a couple of days, starving and crying. 
He wrote so many letters to her, all of love songs and poems, that he didn't dare send. He thought that they were lame, and that they just weren't his image. 

He knew that it would be best for her that he left her alone, since he just wasn't the perfect boyfriend, but couldn't get over the habit of dialing her number. 
He never added her number to his contacts list because he knew the numbers by heart.
He enjoyed punching them in his phone everytime he wanted to call her. It made him feel like he knew her best, even though it was something as small as a phone number. 

Everytime he would get drunk, he would "accidentally" dial her number in his phone

"Kitty-ah... oppa is sorry... I still love you"
He would leave drunk messages in her voice mail, since she never picked up his calls. Especially the ones that he made in the middle of the night. 

All men are the same, but I'm different, believe me girl
I said with all my heart that 'I will only look at you'
Honestly, sometimes I waver.. but don't worry, it doesn't go farther
I was just curious of being fluttered from dating someone for a long time and those small fights
I feel happy when you're next to me
But I feel unnerved sometimes and think that the past was better

...Sometimes I don't contact you and I drink
'I will do it next time'
'I will do it better from now on'
But I lie at the last minute
But I can't help it, I keep lying to you

But please.. only look at me


Jiyong crumpled the piece of paper that was in his hand, and looked down at the pavement. 
It was the letter that he was going to give Kitty a year ago. 
The one that he wrote a day before Kitty decided to break it all off and leave Jiyong. 
We wanted to tell her that he had changed, and that he loves her dearly, but his actions don't come out as straight forward and honest. 

He wanted to apologize to her for hurting her so much. 
He knew that she was in pain, but didn't care to fix it because.. he thought that she would always he there for him. 
He took advantage of Kitty's love for him, and practically threw it away. 

But.. He knew that he needed to become a better man, because someday.. He wanted to marry Kitty. As dorky as he sounded, he wanted her to one day become Kwon Kitty instead of Lee Kitty. 

"Kitty-ah, I'm really sorry.. "
Ji shoved the crumped piece of paper in his pocket and ran his fingers through his hair. 

"I know I did wrong, but I swear, I can make things right.. "
He wasn't ready to give up just yet. 
And he was ready to get rid of anybody that came between him and her. 

'And tell that son of a to watch out when he's walking at night'