VLIVE

You Couple Me

***Chungha's POV***

 

 

[At MNH ENT BUILDING, almost noon]

 

(bgm playing)
I'm already getting used to these new steps, and i already love the song. I hope they do too.

 

 

(panting because of the continuous dancing and singing)
I've been working extra hard for this. This may be it. I really hope this goes well.

 


"Great job guys! You may take a break now! Get some food, well be back after lunch" manager Ryu said.

I held my waist as a sign of slight exhaustion as i try to catch my breath.

 

"I wanna do a live manager-nim, can i do that now?"

 

I was feeling a little bored since i finished filming my variety guestings. Lately, if there was no practice, id just stay at home, playing with my dog and just watching everything there is on tv.


"Of course you can. Just don't say anything about your comeback stage just yet. We don't want to spoil your fans already"

"Ok unnie" i said smiling.


I have announced that i will have a comeback this month, and ive heard positive response from my fans and also from my sunbaenims in the industry.

I really enjoyed promoting Why Don't You Know and I hope people enjoyed it too. It's a bit tough to go on stage alone, than being with members back when i was promoting with IOI.

 

I suddenly miss them. But let's not be sad just now. Kim Chungha, fighting!

 

Yes! And going back to what i was saying, I have been collaborating with many artists, and each one gives me a unique experience that i think is very essential to grow in this line of work.

 

"I will go live now manager-nim!" I enthusiastically said to my manager as she waved goodbye to get our lunch.

 

(opens vlive and waits for people to watch)

 

"Annyeong haseyo yeoreubun! Chungha imnida!"

I was very excited when i saw a lot of people were actually watching, considering it's a surprise vlive and being a rookie as a solo artist, i sometimes still cant believe the amount of people who have been supporting me.

 

I greeted them happily and told them that i had just finished my dance practice. They were very glad to see me too. As i was talking, i saw some comments and it was like my mind was floating for a second or two.

 

~ comments -

"do you miss ioi?"

"we heard you wanna be a part of a girlgroup?"

"please do a collab with ioi members unnie"

"do a dance cover of shape of you"

"do you miss SEJEONG unnie?"

~~~

 

Sejeong.

 

I was caught off guard by that question.

 

I always encountered question about missing ioi, and being lonely and stuff but i haven't really thought about missing a particular person.

 

And now that someone had mentioned her, I cannot deny that i really do.

 

 

~ comments ~

"Chungha unnie, are you still there?"

"unnie you look like you've seen a ghost!"

"unnie why did you stop talking"

--------

 

I didnt know.

 

I was stuck right there unable to speak. But then good thing manager Ryu was already back with our lunch and she called me.

 

"Chungha-ssi, you have to eat now. You can go live later after your meal."

 

"Ah, ummm, yes unnie. Im gonna end this after i say goodbye"

 

Wow. It was suddenly so hot, eventhough i was sweating from the start. I felt my sweat forming like big lumps of water and splatting onto the floor while reading her name on the comment section.

 

I suddenly forgot that i was doing a live and my fans were asking many questions.


"Im ok everyone. I just remembered something i need to do. So i have to end this now. I will see you soon! Thank you for supporting me. Annyeong!"


I turned it off. Kept my phone and walked towards manager Ryu at the opposite side of the hall.


"You look so pale Chungha. Are you pressuring yourself too much?"


"No unnie. I was just dehydrated, but i drank enough water when you went out. I'm feeling ok now. Let's eat?"


We enjoyed our lunch and talked about tomorrow's schedule.

 

 

Manager Ryu cancelled the afternoon practice since she thought I was that tired and wanted me to rest.

I didnt complain, i have more time to practice anyway, and we were just polishing the dance since it was choreographed and finished a few weeks ago already.


Manager Ryu took me home.

We said goodbyes and parted ways.

 

I went inside my flat and slumped on the couch.

"Why don't you know"

I kept repeating that phrase while lying down and trying to imagine a face i had longed to see.

"Why don't you know"


Getting louder and louder the more i speak it out.

"Why don't you know? Why why why?"

And after i while, i was just shouting angrily, at her? Or at myself? I dont even know.

I just wanna ask her, why doesnt she know?

 

"Why dont you know Sejeongah? I showed it to you. Didnt I?"


I was filled with so much longing that i can no longer feel anything at the moment. I just lied there, hoping that i'd see her when i close my eyes. And hug her again, like the way we used to when we were living under the same dorm.


I missed her. It just hit me now, but she's the one i've missed the most.

 

--- dreamland ---

 


*** Sejeong's POV ***

 

 

"Director-nim, thank you for your trust. I hope we get to work together again in the future!"

I was thanking our director and the staff of School2017 for everything that they have done for me.

 

I was a rookie but they gave me the lead female role.


I am very happy and also humbled to have been trusted like this. And i hope i did well. I need to do well, for those people who believe in me. Not to mention that i need to maintain my title "God Sejeong"

 

Hahaha. Dont get me wrong, i am not boasting or anything, i just want to keep my fans satisfied and to live up to their expectations!


The last day of filming for my drama ended just now. Casts have said their messages and we want to say thanks to our fans too.

We decided to go live and greet our fans goodbye.


---

"Sejeong-ssi. Will you miss me?" Dongyoon said

"Hahahaha :)) of course i will! We still can communicate right? I gave you my email. Just reach me there, i'll spare some time"

He nods and then smiles shyly, satisfied with my answer.

"Sejeong, Dongyoon, come on! We will start our last live now" Junghyun said

"Coming" both of us replied

As we were having our vlive session, i was suddenly holding back my tears.

I didnt know id get this attached to the cast and staff that im now sad of being separated after this.

 

Maybe i have developed sepanx eversince IOI disbandment. I never really showed that im sad, until i cant contain it anymore.

And now, the last thing i want to do is to be separated again from the people you have worked with everyday for many months now.

 

It's all coming back, the sadness, the tears.

 

 

Everyone is smiling but i feel their hearts are hurting too.


When it was my time to speak, I gathered my strength to fight and shrug the sadness off my voice


"Annyeong yeorubeun! (Showing them my ever famous and captivating eyesmile) Im really thankful for the support you have been giving me, and the whole crew............"


As i accidentally read the comments, my tears started welling up because it said


~~ dont look to sad sejeongah

 

Im very close to crying! Otoke!
I dont wanna cry out of nowhere here.

Not on vlive.

If i cry, i wanna cry alone.


I swallowed my pain and continued thanking and wishing the fans to continue to support us in our separate projects in the future.


"SEPARATE"


I managed finishing my message and moved to to the back to let the others speak.


"SEPARATE"


It kept ringing in my ears.

Im with Gugudan.

But i sure do miss IOI.

Do they miss me too?

I hope so. It'll crush me if they dont.

Especially her.

-------------- narration


Sejeong managed to hide her tears and wipe them as their live was about to end.

Everyone was grateful.

They shared their stories, and hugged and bid farewell.


Although sad, She was just a very lively girl to keep on smiling eventhough deep inside, she was breaking, like the day they were told to be officially over, to not be IOI anymore.


---------------------

 

 

*** Sejeong's POV ***

"i survived IOI. I will survive this too"

"And Chungha unnie, why do i miss you?"