Prologue

Pink Shoelaces

Bang!

The sound of Oh Sehun’s head meeting the kitchen table is now amplifying inside Chanyeol’s hears. He can’t even think straight anymore while the annoying sound keeps bothering him over and over again.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Chanyeol growls, eyes alternating between his new tablet and his stupid best friend. “We’re here to have a nice and relaxing breakfast at my house, not to find a way to ruin my morning! You know I’m not a morning person, and you’re just making it worse!” he clicks his tongue before turning his attention back to the device.

Bang!

“Maybe if I hit my head on this table hard enough… I’ll just die.” Sehun bangs his head one last time before resting his forehead against the piece of furniture, a loud and dramatic whimper following right after.

Chanyeol abruptly puts his tablet away, making it slide slightly across the table. He starts by taking a deep breath and rolling his eyes before questioning the other. “Fine.” When it comes to Sehun, be mentally prepared to deal with an 18 year old toddler. “What’s wrong?” he asks.

Sehun mumbles something incoherent before lifting his head up, only to hide it behind both of his hands. “I’m failing chemistry.”

It’s mid-November. Things have to be really bad for him to know he’s already failing this class.

On top of that, he’s failing chemistry while being the son of two of the most talented Healthcare scientists in South Korea.

Things aren’t going well… obviously.

Instead of making a big deal out of it like Sehun was expecting, Chanyeol only rolls his eyes at his best friend one more time before giving away the obvious solution. “Just get a tutor; you still have a few months left to get a better grade.”

“A tutor?”

 

 

Next Monday Sehun strangely finds himself staying after the first class, waiting for Do Kyungsoo. He’s the best student in Chemistry class, perfect for a tutor… right?

“I’m sorry, Sehun. I don’t have time to tutor you.”

I guess not.

Rejection hit him straight in the face…

…Literally.

He just walked into a door.

“Whyyyy?” Sehun whines, pathetically grabbing the shorter boy’s arm and rubbing his sore nose, pleading for his assistance in this hell of a subject.

“I just can’t.” he replies while shaking off the other’s arms. “I need time to prepare for the Christmas talent show. I don’t have time to tutor you. I’m sorry, but I kno—” Kyungsoo is interrupted when Sehun tragically falls down on his knees, letting out a quiet sob even though he isn’t actually crying. “Just stop, you cry baby.” He rolls his eyes. Looks like Sehun has that effect on people. “You didn’t even let me finish. I know someone who can help you, don’t worry. He’s a grade above us and he’s even better than me at Chemistry.”

“Oh…” Sehun wipes away his fake tears and looks up to his classmate. “Who is it?”

Kyungsoo sighs and offers Sehun a hand, helping him getting back into a standing position.

“Byun Baekhyun.”

 

 

“Byun Baekhyun?!” Chanyeol’s loud voice echoes throughout the empty halls and Sehun quickly covers his best friend’s mouth.

“Shut up.” Sehun whispers, carefully letting go of Chanyeol’s face. “Who’s Byun Baekhyun?”

“Oh, no one.” He stops for a few seconds and looks at Sehun’s confused expression, tilting his head to the side right like a lost puppy. “Literally no one.” He adds “Well, actually… He’s…He’s the school’s biggest nerd. If you meet him outside of school hours, it’ll just ruin your reputation. Not that you have one but—”

 

 

Saved by the bell.

The start of a new class interrupts their conversation and Sehun spends the entire English class thinking about the big decision.

Maybe that’s a little dramatic.

Really dramatic.

He’ll either ruin himself by disappointing his parents, or ruin himself by ending his social life by hanging out with the school’s nerd. Not big deal.

It’s not that Sehun has a lot of friends; but he does have a reputation. People around school know him as the school’s bad boy. You know … that one who usually interrupts the entire class just to make a joke or bully someone.

He tends to be the flirty type, even if he’s not aware of it.

But he will admit that he loves a good fling.

There’s nothing wrong with casual .

If that’ll label him as a player or a bad boy, then be it.

 

 

From: Do NerdSoo
Message: Hey banana head. Wait in the library after lunch. Baekhyun will meet you there. Don’t screw it up you tard.

 

 

“Oh …” Sehun mutter under his breath and he thanks all gods that the teacher wasn’t able to hear him cursing in the middle of the class.