His Voice

Voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND LEE HONGBIN?"

"What's wrong?"

"WHAT'S WRONG?? YOUR INTERVIEW IS WRONG. ARE YOU TRYING TO STIR UP A SCANDAL?? THE STORY ABOUT THE GIRL!"

"Ahhh that, It's just an honest interview. I don't see anything wrong and the girl is a trainee too hence i doubt any scandal will break out"

"So you've been in touch with her? Is that what you are saying?"

"Nope. I don't even know who she is and have not met her since then."

That's a lie. Ever since that day, he has seen glimpse of her here and there. The previous time Hongbin saw her was in a cafe. She probably didn't see him but he did. It was after practice and he needed something sweet for himself. Clad in a red checkered, black cap and mask, HongBin walked to the cafe nearby to order a vanilla milkshake. To avoid any unnecessary attention, Hongbin waited for his drink at the inner corner of the cafe. As he was walking, he saw a familiar figure; the girl who was crying on the street the day before his debut. She had on a similar red checkered but she has earpiece plugged in and studying the music score. He picked the table next to her. He watched her carefully. Her legs were tapping to the rhythm and her body followed the beat. He smiled to himself after seeing her DSP tote bag. In the end, she did not give up just like what he told her. 

Because of me?

As though on cue, when she looked up his buzzer rang. With his head looking down, Hongbin collected his drinks. That was that. There was this other time he went for a jog with his friends at Han River, he saw her again. Roller blading next to a woman who was walking two dogs who looked like sheeps. Seeing the resemblance, it must have been her mum. Despite her smile, he could see she was tired. She did not have on any make up and he could see her dark circles. She looked happy talking to her mum and of course her two dogs too. He heard her call their name "Fruit" and "Leon" Hongbin ran pass her and he was sure they made eye contact but she wasn't fazed by it. 

Did she not recognise me?

He could not register what his manager was saying as the only thing in his mind was her. From the tone, Hongbin was sure that his manager was simply lecturing him about dating and its effect on his career. When his manager stopped to sip some water, Hongbin grabbed the chance to say his goodbye and leave. The back to back schedule was tiring and having to sit through a lecture was going to drive him even crazier. When Hongbin arrived back at their dorm, the members had their eyes glued to the tv - watching what looks like a survival programme. Hongbin hated survival programme because he felt bad for the participants. He has heard from his acquaintence about how survival programmes sometimes ruin friendship and people. He was walking to the room when he heard a familiar voice saying "My name is Hur YoungJi"

Hongbin walked back to the living room and sat down despite feeling stuffy. She is there. In front of him not physically but on screen. After all the times of passing by, he can finally put a name to that face.

Hur YoungJi, Hur YoungJi, Hur YoungJi,Hur YoungJi, Hur YoungJi, Hur YoungJi Hongbin repeated the name till he felt a sense of familiarity. 

This action of is made s stare at him in a questionable manner. 

"Ya Hongbin are you sick?" asked N the leader with a worried face

"Do you know her? She kinda looks familiar" added Hyuk 

"Lets just say fate is creepy alright guys. Now, would you please vote for Hur YoungJi-shi on your phone now. Thank You"  

Hongbin freshened up and lie down on his bed reflecting about the series of event that has happended. She appeared the moment he made a reference about her in an interview. He picked up his tablet and google Baby Kara. Being a idol himself, he could see, she was trying her best not to cross the line and be overly attached to her fellow traineees. Just like what she said when she broke down... "Friends are a stupid concept in life" his heart felt a sharp pain when they aired the scene where she visited the hospital only to find out she won't be able to dance for a week and when she started crying, he is reminded of the day they stood in the middle of the streets in gangnam. He sympathised with her. A week of no training means you will lose out on a lot. He wished he could do something instead he did the most logical think he could

"Hey guys, my friend's friend is participating in Baby KARA and she is extremely talented. Do vote for Hur YoungJi every Friday Night 8PM" Hongbin sent the text to his limited friends and family hoping that every vote can make a difference. 

Hongbin wanted to keep up with every Baby Kara episode but he was not able to due to his schedule but he makes it a point to vote every Friday Night even if it was during or before his schedule. All Hongbin wished for was to be able to watch at least one episode live and to stop watching 3 episodes in one sitting. However, he loves s. He loves his stralights too. When Ken and Leo sang "I don't want to be an idol"during their fansign, a bell rang. His situation was exactly alike just like the lyrics. 

As much as I love you, music is so important to me too so I can’t help it
After some time passes, after I become a bit more famous
I will reveal you to the world – I love you

Because of all the cameras, because of my manager
I kept pushing back our dates
When my music succeeds, when everything goes well
I will give you all the love I couldn’t give you now

I’ll do everything for you, I’ll give you everything

Hongbin closed his eyes and took in the lyrics. If only he was more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter