Eyes Locked

Him or Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4 hours have passed and I've hardly studied a word in this biology textbook. I didn't know exactly what I was studying for though. For a test, obviously, but what good will that test do for me? I don't have time in the future to pat my shoulder for getting an A on this test. I sighed and closed my textbook, reaching for the coffee that was once steaming an hour ago. Taking a sip, I looked outside at the rain pouring down on the sidewalk, people huddling close together underneath their umbrellas. I told my parents I'd be back from the cafe at 5 pm and it was currently 4:45 pm. I didn't really want to go out there and get poured on though. I didn't have an umbrella or anything. I should've been more prepared, I knew the weather here changes very quickly.

"More coffee?" A soft voice asks me to my left. I turn my head over and lay my eyes on the cute boy I eyed when I first walked in. My heart thumped as I looked up at his smile. God, I fall for boys too quickly.

"No thanks," I said under a shaky breath and eyed his nametag. "Hanbin" it read. I knew that was a name I was going to mention to my best friend, Hani, later on. But at the same time, I didn't want to talk to her. She and I have been planning to study today for weeks now and I really wanted to see her. She moved last year to Incheon so we hardly get to hang out like we use to. I wish she could've just stayed in Seoul, but I guess she can't really decide if her parents want to move closer to their jobs. She was really assuring that she was going to come and study with me. But, here I am, all alone with no texts or calls from her.

Hanbin nodded and looked over at my textbook, "you've been studying for a while now. Doesn't your brain hurt?"

I blinked at Hanbin and turned away before he could realize how blushy I get when any guy talks to me. He must've been looking over at me if he's realized I've been here for a while. Or at least took note of the time I came in. I shrugged and fidgeted with the coffee mug, "a little."

Hanbin chuckled under his breath and nodded, "well, be sure to take breaks. Don't bombard yourself with too much work. I've been through that too much and trust me, it's not worth it." 

I looked over at him and gave him a little smile, "I'll be sure to take breaks."

With that, Hanbin walked away and made his way over to the registers to ring up people. I took one last look at my textbook and the rain pouring outside and snapped my book shut, gathering as much of my stuff in my bag as I could so nothing would get drenched. Heck, if I was going to leave, I should just leave now. No point in staying and having the possibility of the rain pouring down from the sky even harder. I left a tip on the table for Hanbin and walked my way out of the cafe, looking over my shoulder for a last glance of Hanbin. When I exited, the rain wasn't as bad as I thought. It was light rain, nothing heavy where you'd curse the sky for being so mean to you. I put up my hood and started to walk out into the droplets, feeling the little taps all around me as I trudged forward. I still longed for an umbrella, wanting that protection for my sweater that was ought to get damaged after walking back home. 

My throat started to tingle and my heart began to race. I knew exactly what was bound to happen when I felt that sensation. I threw my arm up to my mouth and began to go into a coughing fit. I should've known better than being outside in this weather would cause me to erupt in a coughing mess. I was coughing so much that I was nearly hitting the gagging point, where there feels like there's nothing left to cough except that little tickle dug into your lungs. People kept staring at me as I walked by as if a human can't cough. But I mean, I was really coughing badly. It wasn't just a normal cough. So I understood.

I remember one day when I came storming into the hospital

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter