Broken Glass

Baekhyunie (Land Of The Broken)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Eversince Baekhyun could remember, life was never fair to him, he never met his father, his mother never missed the chance to tell him he was a one night stand mistake that she got at the age of sixteen.

*Eversince he could remember, he was ignored, bullied, lived in fear most of the time. At school kids bullied him cause he was the easy target nerd, they took away his books, lunch and the little money he managed to save for a whole month to get those new converses, he even once had to walk all the way home bare footed and freezing when an older kid thought he wanted his worn out denim jacket and red converses his neighboor gave him after watching him wearing dirty white kicks with holes for nearly two years.

*At home, the situation wasn't any better, he've grown up watching his mother bringing different men to their one room house, he would often go to his room, the small attic, and lock himself in there in order to avoid hearing any weird noises, but even with the old MP3 music to its max, he would still hear his mother's pleasure screams and the dirty exchange of words as her and her every night partner are engrossed in their body dance. He was okey with that, as long as the bastards never took intrest in him, he still recalls that time when his mother's one night stand was on something and vented his anger on him, and left him on the floor unconcious for several hours before his mother came and woke him up splashing water on his face and pasting few messed up bandages on him telling him that men don't feel pain and that the hospital will be a waste of money.... Few days later, she brought the same man home....

*He was only thirteen when one day he came home and tried to unlock the door but the key just didn't fit, he tried again and again as panic started creeping onto him, few minutes later the door opened on a young man in his middle twenties asking him why is he trying break into his house.

*It later turned out that his mother sold the house and left Bucheon to an unknown destination leaving him with few wons that will barely secure him three meals and a duffle bag with his clothes in it...

*Baekhyun was later sent by the neighboors to an orphan house in Busan... And that was when he was bound to live the worst of his nightmarres.

                                                              ************************************************

*For two years, he was just the new kid whose mother was a hooker, the small kid that was easy to bully, and found himself once again the victim... 


*Seokjin was his roomate, he was two years older than him, he was the only person who treated him as a human being, he often stood up for him, brought him food when the other kids took his, remembered his birthday... He was his 'Jin Hyung', he gave him during his stay in the 'Himan Orphan House' all the love and care he never received from his own mother.

*There was also two younger kids that joined their cirlce a year after Baekhyun, Taehyung and Jimin were three years younger than him. Taehyung's parents were killed right in front of his eyes and when he came, he wasn't speaking, but Baekhyun and Seokjin took him under their wing and soon said his first words in a year.

*Jimin's mother abondonated him a long time ago, and he lived passed on around the family until his aunt decided that she no longer wanted him and sent his there, however, warm hearted Jimin confessed that he likes here more than he ever liked his family.

*The four of them lived like a small family, they only had eachother to relay on. 

*Came Baekhyun's third year in the orphan house, and by that time, he developed himself a routine, the kids forgot him as new targets came in every day...

                                                              ************************************************

"Baekhyun-ah are you coming?"

"Neh sonsaengnim!"

*Baekhyun returned the smile to the relatively young teacher as they walked side by side in the long coridors of the school.

*Kim Heechul was the new art teacher who took a liking in Baekhyun, the only teacher who actually did. In fact, teachers in the orphan school were so cold and judgemental, and knowing of his background they were no different than the other kids... Kim Heechul on the other hand, was, according to Baekhyun, a good man, he helped Baekhyun prove his innocence when Lee Hongki, a kid in his class accused him of stealing his pen case, he treated Baekhyun and Baekhyun alone with kindness, he would often bring him late night snacks and give him private drawing lessons, cause according to Heechul-ssem, Baekhyun had potentiel in drawing...

*They were now on their way to the art room, it was late at night, around 11pm, students were not allowed outside their rooms anymore, but with Heechul beside him, he managed to get him out.

*There was a drawing contest in few days and he needed to submit his work in three days, but with all the work he had, he wasn't able to proceed much and time was running out, so Heechul proposed to him the idea yesterday, that he can sneak him to the art room to finish his drawing in due time.

*Heechul was gentle with him, he pointed out the flaws that he needed to correct, the right shades of colors he needed to use to deliver his message and even the double theme the painting reflected...

*Unknown to the sixteen years old, Kim Heechul stood at the corner of the room giving him some space to draw, watching every single movement the younger did, the way his eyebrows knitted in confusion as he poundred weither to add more color or not, the way he bit his lower red plump lips, how small was his nose, the way his brown bangs fell on his forhead almost covering his hasel eyes, how his frame was small and how fragile he looked, Heechul found himself staring at the boy's bare neck and his sight traveled down to his exposed collarbone... Baekhyun bended down to fix something in the lower part of the painting and and inevitably Heechul was staring at the perfect curve that was his student's .

*Heechul was lost in his not so decent thoughts involving him and his student and did not realise that the student in question was standing in front of him.

"Ssaem! I think that's it for today I am tired" Baekhyun yawned and smiled causing the older male to blink few times to get back to reality

"Eum-Oh-Yeah... Let's stop for today..."

*The two of them walked in silence side by side to the dorm again, and as they reached Baekhyun's room, the younger bowed 90 degrees and was about to turn the knob when

"Baekhyun-ah..." Called Heechul

"Neh Ssem?"Baekhyun turned around only to find Heechul standing few inches away

*Baekhyun's heart raced both from the not so comfortable distance, and the way his teacher looked at him... Baekhyun watched in horror as the teacher came even closer his eyes fixed on his lips and was ready to push him away with all his might when....

"Look at you! You have black paint on your face! You should be careful! Aigooo..." Heechul brushed the corner of his mouth and showed him his fingers

*With that he ruffled his hair into a mess and left after bidding him a goodnight leaving behind him a wide eyed Baekhyun, who, opened the door the fastest he can and closed it... 

*His heart was still beating so fast, he was sweating like crazy... He let himself slid down the wooden door and it took him God-knows how long before calming down.

*He let out a bitter small chuckle careful as to not wake Jin, Taehyung and Jimin who were peacefully sleeping

"Just how stupid you are Byun Baekhyun" He mumbled to himself, and as he stood up, he was mind scolding himself for having such a nasty thought about one of the few good people that has entred his life, the teacher was nothing but nice to him, protecting and supporting him and here he was few moments ago thinking Heechul was making a move on him... 

'Ungreatful brat' He mumbled to himself before sleeping 

                                                              ************************************************

*The three next days went by, and each night around 11pm, Heechul came to pick him up and they'd go together to the artroom so that Baekhyun could finish. The obvious kid brushed it to off when the teacher put his arm around his waist and pressed him against him the first day while showing him how to make a flawless graduated shade of gray clouds, ignored when Heechul put his head on the crock of his neck while fixing the small mistake the younger did while holding the wrong color, and lastly how he kissed the corner of his lips when the painting was all done.

*It made Baekhyun's heart race, every single time, a really awful feeling lingered in the pit of his stomac, but he was passing all those moves as Heechul's way to show affection toward him...

                                                              ************************************************
*After intrusting the now completed painting to Heechul that same night so he can submit it first thing in the morning, Baekhyun walked in a little bit later than usual, the final touches took more time than expected, he was grining widely, he really hoped he would win the first place, with that money, he would buy those nice blue converses he always wanted, a new jacket for Jin since his wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter