BONUS: Neo Ver.

Of Tattoos and Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dedicated to my loyal subscribers and to celebrate Taekwoon's 27th Birthday
Appx 1650 words,

 

 

Seoul. 2010.

 

It was a during the summer’s day. The sun was being unfriendly on this particular day, and Taekwoon was grumbling by himself as he felt his skin going stickier as time ticks due to the sweat forming out of his pores.The young man was not happy for the slightest bit, but he wasn’t angry either. He was feeling stuffy and annoyed as he got piled up assignments due tomorrow morning from the killer professor given at the end of his class today.

His daily dose of caffeine was definitely something he needs to boost his mood. Besides, it would help his brain to stay awake and work better.

Taekwoon was getting impatient. The idea of drinking his cold latte and inside the cold room on the very hot day sounded very tempting. He fastened up his pace as he walks across the sea of humans in the pedestrian to reach the coffee shop where he had been a regular for almost a year. His mood lightens up slightly as he arrives in no time. Taekwoon reached his hands to the handle and pulled the door to enter the coffee shop, the cold air from the air conditioning inside greets his sweaty skin.

Apparently, the first thing that Taekwoon’s small eyes caught wasn’t the old lady with a kind-hearted smile behind the cashier, but a sight of an unfamiliar male who looks around his age. He was tanned, his hair dyed in a dusty blonde color, and he is wearing a white shirt with a black plain apron on top. The cashier notices his presence and welcomed him.

Taekwoon shrugged it off. He turned his feet to the empty table he usually sat and dropped his heavy bag roughly to the floor before plopping his bottom to the seat. He pulled out his laptop, turning it on and had his eyes glued to the screen while fingers start to type down words.

Thirty-minutes had almost passed, yet that small-eyed customer did not budge from his spot to order anything. The cashier stared at the young man’s back who’s sitting back-facing him. The male had only been typing with his eyes glued to the screen ever since he arrived.

Well, don’t take Hakyeon wrong. He had no interest towards the said male but because the coffee shop was emptier than thought he got time to pay attention to his customer. The cashier was rather pissed off. Hakyeon started to think if the young man came to the coffee shop only to enjoy the free facilities and to avoid the heat outside without actually buying anything.

Hakyeon’s gaze shifted from the black haired male to one of his female colleagues who came into the picture. She places a cup of latte on the customer’s table, a bright smile plastered on her face as she said some encouraging words to the customer. Hakyeon lifted his brows in confusion. Has he ordered yet? Isn’t this a self-service shop? He knew that he is a new part-timer but definitely remembers that the customers are the ones who supposed to take orders in the cashier and pick up at the counter.

The waitress walked back. She placed the empty tray on the cart placed next to the cashier and stood in front of Hakyeon. She placed her elbow on the table, chin resting on her palm as she looked up at Hakyeon and said, “He’s always here at this time.”

“Hmm?” The tanned male hummed, questioning the statement. His colleague chuckled.

“That customer is a regular. He’s always here on the same day at the same time, ordering the same menu and work on his assignment on that same seat.” The waitress explained. A shy smile formed on her lips as she leans back, turning her head to take a look at the customer.

Hakyeon nodded. So that’s why the man doesn’t bother to order anything from the cashier; everyone knows him.

“I wish he’s my soulmate. He’s kinda cute, though.” She blurted out, her face blushes in immediate. She left without waiting for a response to clean up the dirty tables.

The tanned male just chuckled. Well, he got no time to look for his soulmate. His bank account is crying, and he needed money to pay his tuition fee. No, he is not poor. He just feels obligated to be indepe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter