BONUS: Hyukbin Ver.

Of Tattoos and Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dedicated to my loyal subscribers and to celebrate Hongbin's 24th Birthday
Appx 2500 words.

 

Sanghyuk’s 16th birthday is in less than 24 hours. It is a special age for people in this world that a celebration is usually held in the day that changes your status as a grown up. For Sanghyuk’s birthday this year, Hongbin had planned to surprise the younger since months ago. He had everything well planned, and all of his hyungs informed and assigned to a role for the surprise. He is very determined to make his childhood friend remember his special day.

The dimpled teen quickly slipped his phone into his pocket, not wanting his best friend to know that he had been texting about the plan with his hyungs, when he saw the younger walking closer to his table. It was the school break time that usually the two teenagers sat together at a table for lunch. It had been their routine since young.

Sanghyuk, the shorter of the two, plopped down into the seat in front of the elder. He poked the sharp end of his straw to the top of his grape juice and gulped on the sweetness of the liquid before he opened his mouth, “Hi, hyung~”, he greeted the elder a little bit too late.

Hongbin snorted, “Hey, kid.” He emphasizes the last word. The dimpled teen directed his small palm to the younger’s head and ruffled his hair to annoy the latter.

“I’m not a kid, at least, not in the next few hours.” Sanghyuk pushed away from the elder’s hand, earning a small chuckle. He tried glaring at the elder which the elder found too cute - he is just too adorable. Still small and cute, yet growing up soon.

(Author’s Note: yes. “Still” *smirks* look at how much he had grown now)

Hongbin was happy for the younger that he is finally becoming a grown up; Sanghyuk will get himself a mark and be eligible to find his soulmate. A side of him was slightly disappointed. When your friend finds their life partner, there would be a slight distance between your friendship as they drift apart to live with their soulmate, and Hongbin didn’t really like the idea of being distant to Sanghyuk. Thanks to their parents who are close friends the boy had been his best friend even before he was born. They had been partners in crime, and they rely on each other.

Another side of Hongbin is curious, and he wanted to know how will the younger’s mark look like, what kind of soulmate will the younger have, and if Sanghyuk found his soulmate sooner or later than himself.

“It felt like yesterday when you told me you want me as my soulmate,” Hongbin swallowed his kimbab then teased the younger. He earned a punch on his shoulder and winced in pain had he not expected the younger’s strength. “And you told me to propose to you so we can get married.” The shorter retorted to tease back the dimpled teen. Hongbin rolled his eyes at the statement.

They both knew, that despite being childhood friends and that as much as they care for each other, it is likely impossible that they are each other’s soulmate. There are too little of people - almost nonexistent - of a number of pairs that were actually best-friends-turned-to-soulmates. Besides, it was just a kid’s talk, and both Hongbin and Sanghyuk took it as an inner joke to each other as they have grown up.

Sanghyuk grinned, “I wish I could have a soulmate that is better-looking and will know me better than you do, hyung.”

Hongbin faked a huff at the younger’s random topic only to be returned by a giggle. He didn’t tell the younger though that deep inside he silently wishes that Sanghyuk will get himself a good, understanding and loving soulmate. The dimpled teen poked his kimbab with his chopstick, shoving it into the younger’s closed mouth with so much force to shut him off. Sanghyuk had to open his mouth to prevent the grain of rice sticks all around his face.  “Eat up kid, so you can grow taller. If I got myself a male soulmate you are too short to be on my list.”

Sanghyuk swallowed. The boy simply shrugged the elder’s word and laughed it off. “At least I’m not as loud as Jaehwan-hyung.”

Hongbin nodded hard in agreement while laughing. He almost choked on his kimbab and gulped down on his water hard. Sanghyuk pat the older’s back with another teasing laugh. It took a few seconds before the dimpled teen calmed down and he said, “Pfft~ Hakyeon-hyung is too clingy, and Taekwoon-hyung is too scary.”

Earning a nod of agreement from the younger, the two had to end their conversation when the bell rang. They quickly pack their own lunch before bidding a short goodbye and run to each respective classes.



 

Having Sanghyuk’s birthday on Saturday makes it easier for his friends to create the event. A few hours later, right after school, Sanghyuk was immediately dragged away by Jaehwan to the cinema like Hongbin had planned. The tall nosed was assigned to distract Sanghyuk from going home so the rest could prepare and decorate the place before the clock strikes to twelve o’clock. It is not like the youngest will have homework to do as an excuse. He has the time to procrastinate until Sunday anyway.

Meanwhile, Hongbin was anxious. He rushed outside the school building soon as the bell ring and stopped by a bakery to get a hulk decorated birthday cake before he went to Hakyeon and Taekwoon shared house where the surprise will be held. They had also got a permission from Sanghyuk’s parents to allow him to have a sleepover after the surprise.

Taekwoon was in mingling with his keys in front of the door to his house when Hongbin arrived. He just got home from the campus and noticed the dimpled male standing in front of the yard with a cake box on his hands. The small-eyed didn’t say anything. He only opened the door widely and let the younger come inside first, earning a “thanks, hyung,” from the younger before he disappeared into the kitchen to keep the cake in the fridge, then proceeding to the living room to help Hakyeon decorate.




 

It was Mid-Summer but the sun had already set when Jaehwan and Sanghyuk stepped out of the cinema. It was very late, indeed, and it is just as planned. Jaehwan only had less than an hour to distract the youngest somewhere, and really it wasn’t a big problem considering both of them are hungry after the movies.

The two agreed on eating rice cakes from the stall nearby, Jae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter