Chapter 2

Work in the back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Morning Hyuna." Chanyeol chirped as he passed his receptionist, who bowed quickly.


"Your new assistant just got here, I told him to wait in your office."


Chanyeol nodded, trying to act professional about the situation when in truth he could hardly contain his excitement, he was the youngest CEO in Korea, he craved to at least have some fun and let loose a little, something he hadn't done in years.


For some reason seeing Baekhyun's, impulsive attitude sparked something in him, he wished he could live like that but his hands were tied.

 


"Good Morning Baekhyun." He smiled as he entered his office, only to get silence in return.


He frowned, placing his coffee slowly on his desk, he turned around, only to be met by a very sleepy Baekhyun lying on his couch.


Eyes not leaving the sleeping figure Chanyeol crept over, crouching down next to the boy.


He studied the sleeping male's features, his thick eyelashes that created shadows on his cheek bones, his cute button nose and tempting pink lips which were slightly agape.


Before Chanyeol could stop himself he reached out and traced his fingertips over Baekhyun's cheek, marvelling at how soft and flawless his skin was.


"S-sir?"


Chanyeol spun around, opening his mouth to say something but no words came out.


"I just came by to drop off these papers." Jongdae explained, his eyes switching between Chanyeol and the sleeping Baekhyun.


Chanyeol cleared his throat. "Alright, thanks."


He took the papers and walked over to his desk while Jongdae hesitantly walked over to the sleeping boy.


"Are you going to wake him?" He asked his boss, peering at Baekhyun's peaceful expression.


"That's what I was doing when you came in." Chanyeol lied, keeping his head down to study the papers.


Jongdae put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder, suddenly feeling the CEO's eyes on him.


"Baekhyun? It's 10am, time for work." He cooed softly, gently shaking the smaller's shoulder.

 

Baekhyun's eyes fluttered open, before closing again as he yawned loudly. Although it sounded more like a mewl followed by a soft whimper.


Realising where he was, Baekhyun leapt off the couch. "How long was I asleep for? Am I getting fired?"


Chanyeol cleared his throat, leaning back in his chair.


"Well it is against company policy to let employees sleep on the job.... so on paper, yes, you should be out of a job currently." His lips curled into a smile, for some reason he wanted Baekhyun's reaction, he wanted the smaller to beg for his job and be indebted to him.

 

Unfortunately for him Byun Baekhyun never bows down to anyone.

"Alright then. I've got a half eaten bowl of spaghetti at home that's been playing on my mind." The smaller swivelled on his heel ready to walk out when Chanyeol shouted after him.


"You're not fired yet!"


Baekhyun turned to face him, a look of bewilderment written all over his pretty features. "Why?


"Because I'm a firm believer in second chances." He lied.


"I thought this job was my second chance."


"I'm a firm believer in third chances." Chanyeol knew how stupid he sounded but he really wanted Baekhyun to stay for some reason. "Now sort these papers."

 

 


"This. Is. Bull." Baekhyun huffed as he made his way to the coffee machine.


"You regretting your decision already?"


Baekhyun looked up. "Oh hey, Jongdae right?"


The man nodded. "I'm the head of finance."


"I thought you were a receptionist." Baekhyun mumbled as he began following the specific instructions to Chanyeol's complex coffee order.


Jongdae laughed. "No its just Chanyeol treats all of his employees like servants."


Baekhyun nodded slowly. "It would be a miracle if I made it to the end of the week honestly."


"Look." Jongdae cancelled Baekhyun's order, much to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter