Rumors

Arranged Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Dong Wook thought they would never meet again. But as the song goes, it’s a small world after all. Especially their world.

It’s been 3 months.

To be precise, 3 months, 5 days and 8 hours. Not that he’s counting.

That was how long since he last saw her.

After he’d learned all about her marriage, he made it a point not to see her to avoid the pain.

They were friends, no scratch that, they were best friends. Since the day they were born, their lives were closely tied together. Being the only heirs of the two-leading conglomerate in Korea, the two of them learnt about their business at such a young age, her branded as the Song Hotel heiress, and him the prince of Lee Co.

He met Song Ji Hyo at an exclusive school famous for nurturing the next generation of leaders.

Both of them were loners until they found each other, nerds if you daresay, but they were the untouchable achievers. The people around them knew that their families were influential and powerful so no one dared to touch them.

They often saw each other at the library, finishing homework, doing a project or just reading. He always sees her there, engrossed in what she was doing, maybe that’s why she was always top of the class and him second. But he never saw her as a competition, he admired her instead. He could say the same with her, she never saw him as competition as well. She doesn’t talk much to people, but she’s never rude to anyone, even to the ‘ordinary’ people.

She was the one who approached him first in her pretty pink dress. With a shy smile, she asked if she could borrow the book he was reading after he’s done. He nodded, and smiled up to her. The next thing he knew, she would sit next to him whenever he arrived at the library first, and then he would look for her whenever he arrives late.

As they grew up, they would often stick together, preferring each other’s company over others. They’ve built a wall over other people their age. While other people in their social standing waste away their time spending their parent’s earnings, they spend their time studying for school or learning the ways of their company.

They were dubbed as their school’s golden couple, even if they weren’t romantically involved.

Time passed. They eventually graduated high school, finished college in another country, and took position in their company. But they still see each other whenever they have time, and nothing changed between the two of them.

Soon, the media took notice of their uncanny relationship. Who could blame them really? Two of the most good-looking chaebols were often seen with each other.

All were expecting a union between the two, not until a rumor that there were negotiations of an arranged marriage involving Ji Hyo.

His parents were the ones to mention it over dinner one night. That night, he didn’t feel like eating and walked out.

Different write-ups were published after that. They were all pointing out that a young Taiwanese hotel tycoon could be her future husband, since it is timely that a merger is in talks with the international corporation. Some were already calling them the hotel power couple, and it didn’t sit well with him

She called him right after the news, but he didn’t answer her call and the next. Opting to busy himself with handling their company matters, Dong Wook didn’t bother to call her the next few months.

They knew this was bound to happen, and both of them accepted it. They’ve talked about the possibility of marrying someone they don’t love, and he knew they were both okay with it as long as they had each other. He was okay with it really, until it happened to her.

He realized, he can’t see her marry another. Because, he loves her. Truly. Deeply.

Now, he’s right across her on the boardroom table, avoiding his eyes at all cost.

She’s still as beautiful since they last saw each other, if not more.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter