FIVE

My Spooky Roommate

Kris figured there was only two ways this whole 'Ghostly Roommate' thing could turn out. He could get spooked into moving out, probably into a mental institution or he would get close to said ghost like an actual roommate would. Except Zitao was more of a freeloader than anything but Kris grew fond of him nonetheless. 

The spirit was still a bit of an anomaly, even after three months of 'living' with each other. The ghost knew everything there was to know about Kris, down to the star shaped birth mark under his left cheek. Tao called it cute, Kris called him a ert. But that was besides the point, although Kris still knew very little about the spirit he had noticed some rather disturbing changes in his entire being. The ghost grew irritable very quickly and at random times, basically throwing a big huge supernatural tantrum much like the one Kris got caught in the middle of a while back. Sometimes it was a simple flickering of the lights or a drop in temperature but most times it was extreme, furniture flying in the air, bugs crawling from under the walls bringing the stench of death. Kris felt like he was living through a biblical apocalypse when big fat frogs leaped from his sinks endlessly. 

It all meant something and he busied himself with trying to figure out what, but it was all so confusing. Different cultures said different things about ghosts all so vastly different he was sure what was the answer. Zitao never came off as vengeful, didn't bring him any good luck not bad luck either nor did Tao have any remaining possessions inside the apartment. But one thing seemed to make sense; unfinished business. It sounded corny but when Kris really sat down and thought about it it made perfect sense. ZiTao died at a young age, this life probably meant to be more than what he had left it at. 

He sighed and closed the tab, he still had to finish editing his most recent article and all this ghost business was really starting to make him tired. 

"I'm doing a coffee run, what do you want?" Sehun popped in

"I'll come with" he murmured, standing up 

Sehun nodded, leaning against the frame. "So is your roommate done with his tirade?" 

Kris chuckles "This morning he went on and on about the downfall of Italian Vogue" 

Sehun's smile was melancholic, Kris guesses the intern had listened to Tao rant about fashion magazines in the past. "What's his name again? I don't think you've told me." 

Kris froze, mentally racking his name for a random name "Uh his name" he mumbled "He's got a name yeah uh it's his name is um his name is Bifao Zuang" he sputtered 

"Bifao Zuang?" Sehun raised an eyebrow

Kris shrugged his jacket on, mentally smacking himself for making up such a ty name "Yep, Bifao Zuang.. Fu" 

"He's Chinese?" 

"Yeah, let's go get that coffee" he ushered the younger out the door

 

 


They waited for the ridiculously long order at a random coffee shop, he listened to the younger male rant on and on about how he wants to start doing actual work instead of being an errand boy. Kris sympathized with him using a series of "Yeah, been there, that " while his mind drifted off to possible ways to help Tao find peace, but it proved difficult since he really only knew trivial information about his dead roommate. The reason behind him killing himself still a mystery, but from what Sehun told him he knew two things; Tao didn't leave a note (meaning he didn't say goodbye to anyone) and that Tao had no intention of telling anything about the circumstances of his death. He glanced at Sehun whose still going on about how Soohyun keeps making him dry clean her clothes, he wouldn't be surprised if Sehun knew why Tao killed himself but he wouldn't be surprised if he didn't either. There's a dull ache in his head and an even softer one in his chest. 

"And I'm not one to judge but who gets their underwear dry cleaned? I mean I think that's just too much" Sehun finishes, looking at Kris expectantly 

"Do you want to come to my apartment?" Kris says suddenly

Sehun laughs softly "We have to go back to work, hyung. Are you stupid?" 

"N-not right now like maybe the weekend-hey did you call me dumb?"

"I'm free this weekend" 

"You did call me dumb" Kris slouches "None of these kids respect their elders these days"

Sehun just laughs. 

 


Kris finds himself excited to go home almost everyday, despite Zitao's snappy attitude he still reminds Kris of a moody little kids throwing a tantrum, he hated to admit it but he loves coming home to Tao. Sometimes he lay awake at night imagining how things could be if Tao was alive and they met under normal circumstan-

'I'm dead, there's no use dwelling on the past' Tao's voice interrupted his thoughts 

"Leave me alone!" Kris grumbled, rolling onto his stomach to bury his head into his pillow

'Good night'

 

 

 

A/N: HOWDY GUYS HEHEHE ITS BEEN A EHILE IM SORRY MY BAD I GOT CAUGHT UP REWATCHING THR OFFICE THEN I HAD A WEEK LONG HOBBIT/LORD OF THE RINGS MARATHON THEN MY DECIDED TO WATCH ALLL THR X MEN MOVIES WHAT A ING SLUMP GUYS