Final

Bets can change your life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey Donghyuck! I bet you can’t eat the whole lunch box in a minute.” Donghyuck scoffed as he opened the lunch box. It was big and had a lot of food, but he wasn’t going to back down.

“Bet I can.” And that’s how Donghyuck threw up all over the practice room. After successfully eating the whole lunch box in 48 seconds he had gone back to practice. Dancing with all his might was not a good idea after eating as much as he had. He still thought it was worth it even as he cleaned the floor. Laughing every two seconds. Remembering Mark’s face as he swallowed the last bite of his food.

His eyes had opened wide, his mouth quickly following suite. It made Donghyuck happy seeing the older sigh in loss. He didn’t get anything, but Mark’s face, but he loved it. Especially seeing the other members laugh at Mark.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Bet you can’t run from the dorm to SM’s building faster than the car.” Donghyuck knew it was impossible without practice, but Mark never stated how fast he had to do it.

“Bet I can in two weeks.” They did their special handshake and the deal was set. In two weeks Donghyuck would run from their dorm to SM’s building. It took him 30 minutes to walk to the building, and the car 5 minutes. He had to train a lot.

The first time he ran he used 20 minutes. He sighed as he looked at Mark’s smirk. The older had been waiting outside the building just to see the younger be late. Donghyuck didn’t say anything as he walked past the older. Deciding to run home too. He had to practice a lot to beat the bet.

A week later he only used 10 minutes. He had sprinted this time. He was out of breath. Laying down on the floor inside the building. Sweat streaming down his face.

“Giving up yet?” Mark walked over to Donghyuck. Handing him a bottle of water. The younger gladly taking it. He quickly chugged it as he held eye contact with Mark.

“ no.” Mark’s face showed clear disgust. Mark really hated swearing. Even if he did it himself. Donghyuck smiled out of pride. He loved seeing Mark like that.

The day before Donghyuck was going to run the final run he used 7 minutes. He had tried to run as much as he could that day, but he couldn’t beat the 7-minute Mark. He tried to get the driver to drive slower, but he said he couldn’t. The other members would notice. Donghyuck knew he wouldn’t be able to beat the bet, but he wasn’t going to step down.

“Today’s the day.” Mark gave Donghyuck one last hug. It felt as if he was going away forever, but he wasn’t. They were going to meet in five, maybe seven, minutes.

“See you.” When the car got ready Donghyuck did too. Breathing through his mouth. He knew he had to sprint and that his breathing would be harsh. He knew he would hate himself when he gets to the building.

He heard the car moving and he was off. Running with all his might. He could hear some of the members yelling for him. Cheering him on. Some people looked at him weirdly as he ran, but he didn’t care. He had to win. He could hear the car, but not see it. That means they are behind him.

He could see the building now. He could see the car too. He gave it his all the last few meters. Taking the lead by the second, but it didn’t matter. He won. As soon as he was inside the building his knees gave under. His body spreading across the cold floor. Donghyuck’s m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter