002

Catching You

After a few days of working, Baekhyun's and Luhan's cafe are slowly becoming popular. With Baekhyun's sweet cupcakes and Luhan's aromatic coffee, they attracted many customers. Even though, there were many people and they would be tired at the end of the day, they felt really happy, that people were enjoying their food. 

 

Luhan slumped down on the chair after cleaning up the cafe. "I'm so tired. What do you think og hiring more workers, Baek?" Baekhyun walked over to Luhann and took a seat beside him,"Hmm... We should. I need more workers in the kitchen too." Baekhyun sighed. Luhan smiled, "All right, I'll put up the papers tomorrow! For now, Let's go home and sleep! I can already hear my bed calling for me!" Baekhyun smiled and chuckled,"Let's go then." After locking up the cafe, Baekhyun hooked his arms with Luhan and walked back home.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol look out his office building, it's already 10pm. He's really tired from all the paperwork he had to handled this morning and stressed as things aren't looking good with his current project. Looking down, he saw someone familar, "Wait... isn't that Baek...?" Chanyeol quickly ran to the lift, ignoring all the workers that were bowing to him. All of the employees looked at their boss in shock and confusion as their cold boss, is actually showing an emotion. Everyday at work ever since the boss started working there. He only either shows a bored expression or a face. 

 

Even when they won the big deal with Wu industries after weeks of working in the office till late from even before the sun started rising. Not an ounce of happiness was seen on Chanyeol's face. Just blank, his usual poker face as he walked out of the room after he signed the contract.

 

But none of them matters to Chanyeol at this moment, right now he got to chase after Baekhyun. Who knows if it was only chance of seeing his little puppy. Finally when Chanyeol ran out of his company, he saw him... he saw Baekhyun. He confirmed it was him. Even though he only saw his sillhouette as the night is dark and the only thing lighting up the little man was the streetlights. He knew it is Baekhyun.

 

No one else has this sunshine aura that is comforting to Chanyeol. Only Baekhyun. And he recognised that bracelet that Baekhyun is wearing. How could he ever forget. He gave that to Baekhyun on Baekhyun's 15th birthday.

 

 

 

(Flashback)

Chanyeol was walking around the mall, looking for the perfect gift for his little puppy. Nothing seems to be perfect for Baekhyun. Sure there are presents that are good enough. But they aren't perfect. 

 

The fifteen year old Chanyeol is determined to buy something perfect for Baekhyun because according to him, Baekhyun only deserves the best. Those stuffed bears that he saw are not the best. 

 

He could get Baekhyun new SNSD albums and t-shirt but he's pretty sure that Baekhyun already has plenty of those. What Baekhyun needs is something unique. Just as he was about to give up and go to another mall, he saw a jewellery store selling this bracelet that is perfect.

 

Walking into the store, Chanyeol told to the shop assistant to wrap the bracelet for him. "Would you like to engrave any word on this bracelet?" Chanyeol thought for a moment, 'Happy birthday? No. Hm... I got it!' Smiling, Chanyeol ask the person to engrave the word.

 

The next day at Baekhyun's birthday party, many of their friends were invited. Everyone where playing video games on the couch, watching movies it was so much fun. But Chanyeol secretly dragged Baekhyun into the latter's bedroom. Pushing Baekhyun lightly onto the bed. "Sit down here." Chanyeol said and of course, Baekhyun obeyed.

 

Looking at Chanyeol with curious eyes and his head slightly tilted, "Why did you bring me here?" Chanyeol took a seat beside Baekhyun, "I wanted to get away from everyone. I want to be the first one to give you your gift." Chanyeol took his bag and dig for a little box before opening Baekhyun's palm and putting the gift box there. "Open it. Tell me what you think."

 

Baekhyun giggled a little before tearing away the gift wrap and opening the gift box. Baekhyun was speechless. It's just a simple plain bracelet with a metal part in the middle with a word carved out on it. Chanyeol is a nervouse wreck, 'What if Baekhyun doesn't like it? Why is he not responding?'

 

After what seems like eternetity to Chanyeol, Baekhyun broke out into a wide grin. "Its beautiful." Chanyeol let out a sigh of relive, "I'm so glad you like it."

 

"But why fearless?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"Because I will not be there to protect you all the time, I hope that when I'm not beside you, this bracelet will help me protect you." Chanyeol said as he pulled Baekhyun into his embrace. 

(End of flashback)

 

 

 

 

 

"BAEKKIE!" Chanyeol yelled.

 

Baekhyun froze, he recognized that awfully familiar voice. Luhan got curious and turned around. "I think someone is calling for you, baek." 

 

'I'm not ready to see you yet.' Baekhyun thought. I'm sorry. Baekhyun quickly pulled Luhan's hand and ran. 

 

"Baek! Why are we running? We didn't do anything wrong!" Luhan asked.

 

"That's Chanyeol. Now run!" Baekhyun said and pulling Luhan to run faster. After realizing who they just saw, Luhan quickened his pace. 

 

 

 

 

 

After they arrive at their shared apartment, Luhan went to the fridge to get them both a drink. "Why would you run Baekhyun?" Luhan asked as he took a sear beside Baekhyun. Baekhyun sighed, "I'm not ready to see him yet. I know it has been 3 years but I'm still not over him." Luhan chuckled,"I can see why. You didn't mention that Chanyeol is such a hottie."

 

Baekhyun continued, "I'm afraid that if i meet with Chanyeol, I would see how happy he is. I mean its not bad to see him happy. I'm just sad that I'm not the one beside him, making him happy. I want him to love me. I know I'm selfish for wanting more. Even though, he can never give that to me."

 

Luhan sat closer to Baekhyun and pulled him in for a hug. "Aww... Baek. It's not wrong to want someone to love you and its not wrong for you to want to be happy to." Luhan then cupped Baekhyun face and made Baekhyun look at him in the eye, "Baek...just promise me. You won't run away from your problems again. Okay?" Luhan held up his pinky waiting for Baekhyun to promise him.

 

Wiping his tears away, Baekhyun let out a soft 'okay' and hook his pinky with Luhan's. "I promise I won't run away next time." Luhan smiled and pat Baekhyun's head, "Now go and wash your face, you look hideous. Plus, we have another long day tomorrow." Causing Baekhyun to laugh a little. 'I'm not ready to see you yet. Give me a little more time before we meet each other again. I promise I won't run away then.' Baekhyun thought to himself before going to take a shower.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol was left stunned when Baekhyun and the other guy started running. By the time, he realised what was going on, Baekhyun was already gone. 'Why...did he run away from me?'

 

Shaking his head, Chanyeol walk to his car and sat inside. Letting his tears roll down his face, for the first time in three years, a tear slip down his face as he drove back home.

 

Opening the door to his lonely apartment, he took a shower and lied down on the bed. "I'm not letting you run away from me, Baekhyun. Not again." Chanyeol mumbled before he drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 


Sorry for the long wait! I hope you like this chapter and i dont think chanyeol and Baekhyun will meet so soon. Pls comment subscribe and vote! I have not edited it yet so im sorry if there are typos or grammar mistakes. Anyways... ENJOY!