Royal: War I

Royal

You're our last hope, Jungkook.”

 

 

 

 

><><><><><><><><><

 

Taehyung had been on cloud nine since he and Jungkook got that free period earlier, and he wasn't the slightest bit worried that Jungkook would break those promises. He was walking down the hall, carrying a small basket filled with his boyfriend's favorite desserts, when someone roughly bumped into him. “Sorry,” the culprit said, not even glancing back at Taehyung as he continued to run down the hall carrying various swords. “What a ,” Taehyung mumbled, but he brushed it off because even pricks like that guy couldn't ruin his excellent mood, that and he needed to get these treats to Jungkook while they were still warm.

 

When he reached the main hall, however, he was met with chaos. Men were running this way and that, boxes of Jungkook's personal armor and weapons were being carried and dropped off, men were yelling to hear one another over everyone's nervous chatter. Taehyung searched for a familiar face, and he soon finds Namjoon, Jungkook's butler. He scurries over to the man who was ordering servants to do this and that, looking down at a list in his hands.


“-and do hurry, time is of the essence right now.” Namjoon says as another servant curtsies and rushes off with whatever task she needed to do. “Ah, excuse me,” Namjoon glances up at Taehyung, but almost immediately after he's back to reading his list. “Yes what is it?” He grumbles out, and Taehyung's shocked at how rude he seemed, but he brushed it off. There was more important things right now, like finding Jungkook, then finding out what's happening.

 

“Ah. W-well, you see I- um.” Taehyung stammers, and Namjoon sighs. “Spit it out! We haven't got all day!” Taehyung jumps from his sudden shouting, and now he's really mad... But he needs to find Jungkook first, so he calms himself down and tries again. “I was wondering where I could find his majesty?”

 

“What's it to you, servant?” Namjoon says instead of an answer as a girl runs up to him, whispering things, and leaving. He checks something off his large list, mumbling to himself. “Well I had... This basket filled with sweets he personally asked me to bake him.” Taehyung says, and he decides he's not really lying. Jungkook has asked him to bake and fill him a whole basket of these sweets the first time he'd tried them, but Taehyung never did.

 

“The Prince asked you personally to bake him a basket full of sweets? You?” Namjoon asks as he finally looks away from his list and at Taehyung, eyeing him up and down. And giving him a look like 'I'm not impressed you flour child' causing Taehyung's controlled anger level to rise. “Wha-I...Excuse Me-” Taehyung starts but is interrupted. But it's okay, because it was by the one thing he'd want to interrupt him. Jungkook.

 

“Taehyung!” He yells waving him over, and both Taehyung and Namjoon look over to the top of the stairs. Taehyung smirks at Namjoon who's eyes were wide and disbelieving. Taehyung throws him a sarcastic kiss and wink as he climbs up the stairs towards Jungkook. Namjoon rolls his eyes and mentally flips the bird at Taehyung as he walks away with his list.

 

Taehyung opens his mouth to say something to his boyfriend, probably about how hard it was to find him, but Jungkook grasps his hand and pulls him down the hall. They turn and Taehyung is practically thrown into Jungkook's bedchambers. Jungkook looks left and right before shutting his bedroom doors, and locking them. He rushes over to Taehyung and sets them both down on the bed.

 

They both sit there, for what feels like an eternity but was really only a few seconds, as Jungkook searches Taehyung's brown eyes fiercely. “Taehyung, you have to promise not to freak out,” the prince says slowly as he repeats the words he'd said when Taehyung found out who he truly was. “I-Jungkook-” “We don't have much time, love. Just promise me you wont freak, okay?” Jungkook says, pleading almost. Taehyung's stomach constricts, but he nods nontheless. “I'm going away. But-but only for a little while!” Jungkook speedily finishes his sentence when he sees Taehyung open his mouth to interject, “Where are you going to?” Taehyung asks quietly, and Jungkook sighs looking away. “To war.”

 

“What? Jungkook no! You can't! You-”

 

“-Need to stop yelling! Honestly everyone is going to hear you!” Jungkook whisper yells at Taehyung who shuts up. “Jungkook, please don't go. I won't know if you're alive, or hurt, or what if they capture you and you're the prince, the heir to the throne... You know how many people want you dead? Even here in your own court!” Taehyung insits and Jungkook let's go of his boyfriend's hands to run his own down his face. “Taehyung, you promised you wouldn't freak,”

 

“How can I not? My boyfriend is planning a suicide trip!”

 

“For god's sake Tae! It's not like I want to leave!” Jungkook snaps at him, causing the older to shut up and look at the prince with wide eyes. “I don't want to ing leave you! You don't know what's going to be happening to me? I wont know what's going to be happening to you either!”

 

“I won't know if you'll be eating well, I won't know if you'll be warm enough at night, I won't know how your feeling or if my mother lets you go. I won't know if you find someone else, and leave me behind. Because I wont be there for you when you need me, but they will.” Jungkook says and Taehyung looks at him with wide eyes as he shakes his head violently.

“No! No, Jungkook I don't want anyone else. I don't wan anyone besides you,” He assures his prince, pulling him in for a tight hug.

 

'Good. Neither do I. I don't want anyone besides you, Tae.” He says rubbing his face on Taehyung's shoulder, almost like a cat rubbing it's sent on it's owner.

 

“Jungkook,”

 

“Hm?”

 

“When do you have to leave?”

 

“At first light.”

 

“Jungkook?”
 

“Yes, love?”

 

“When will you be back?”

 

“Before you know it. I bet you'll be glad for this break. I can get rather annoying,”
 

“Shut up. I could never grow tired of you. No matter how annoying you claim to be.”
 

Jungkook hums, the vibrations tickling Taehyung, who began to mess with Jungkook's hair idly.


“Hey, Jungkook?”

 

“Yeah, Tae?”

 

“Remember what you promised me.”

 

“I promised you a lot of things,”


“You promised me you wouldn't die before we were old and wrinkly and in our cozy beds and-”

 

“Taehyung?”

 

“Yeah-?”

 

“I'm going to miss you.” Jungkook mumbles, squeezing the baker harder, eyes watering slightly.

 

“I'll miss you too, Kookie.” Taehyung says, “So much,” looking out the window, Taehyung searches the hills in the dim light of the evening sun. He cannot find what he was searching for, and that only makes him more worried. He knows he should be glad that he cannot see it from the castle, because that would mean that it was far too close, and that the castle would need to be locked up.

 

Taehyung can't see the war from here.

 

How will Jungkook be after, if (and Taehyung hates to say this, but if), Jungkook comes back? Will he still be the loving prince he's grown so fond of, or will war change him? And would that change be for the better or the worse? ><><><><>< Jungkook and Taehyung had ended up sleeping in the same bed that night, cuddled together. They hadn't done anything but sleep, content with just feeling the warmth the other body brought to them. Jungkook slung an arm protectively over his sleeping beauty that morning, not wanting to wake up and face the inevitable. So he stayed there, Taehyung curled up inside Jungkook's chest, sleeping soundly knowing he was protected by his future king's arms. Jungkook had to admit it felt nice being the big spoon, with Taehyung snuggled into him, every once and a while scooting closer to him because he feared Jungkook had left him. He loved the feeling of Taehyung's soft brown locks tickling his forearm as the baker re-adjusted his head, trying to get more comfortable as he used the prince's arm as a makeshift pillow, despite there being thousands of them on the bed. But, all good things must to come an end, as Jungkook heard the first rooster call into the still dark sky, telling him he needed to wake up and get ready for the day.. . Sliding Taehyung out of his arms, carefully placing his head on one of the goose-feather pillows, he crawled out of the bed and into his bathroom. He quickly bathed, using the water in his tub from the previous night, (Jungkook had been meaning to bathe the night prior, but a certain baker had insisted they spend the night talking, kissing, cuddling, etc. So he never got around to using it). The cold water nipped at his skin, causing goosebumps to run up and down his skin. He hurriedly washed his hair and body, taking the fastest bath Jungkook's ever taken, wanting to get out of the icy tub and into some warm clothes. “If I get sick, I'm suing Taehyung.” he mumbles, quickly changing into some warm clothes and sighing as his body heat begins to rise once more. He doesn't take time to fix his hair, instead toweling it dry and combing it quickly, letting it fall about naturally. . Lacing up his boots, he hurriedly writes a quick note to Taehyung in case the baker woke up and thought he'd left without saying goodbye. Then, with a heavy heart, he makes his way over to his sleeping boyfriend, smiling sadly. “Goodbye, Tae... Don't forget about me while I'm gone, okay? I love you so much. Wait for me, alright?” He gently kisses Taehyung's forehead, and the older boy frowns, stirring in his slumber, but not waking up. ><><><><><><><><><>< . “Don't forget to wear your mask. No matter what Jungkook, do. Not. Take. Off. That. Mask. Your life can and will depend on it,” His mother says as they briskly walk down the corridors of the castle towards the carriage, “Yes mother,” I mumbled, looking at her ghostly face in wonder. . “And don't touch anyone you don't know personally, or you have any doubts about.” She says as we turn a corner, her heels clacking on the cold stone as she hurries with me. “Yes Mother,” . “And don't stop to talk to the peasants and townsfolk, you don't know how clean they are, and it's best not to risk it.” “Yes Mother,” Take a drink every time I say 'yes Mother,' and we'd both be wasted, Jungkook thinks as they near the carriage. She stops him in his tracks, turning him to face her, and he see's how concerned her face is “And you make sure to stay alive. I don't care if you think it impossible, I don't care if you're laying on the ground, missing all your limbs. You are under no circumstances, meant to die. Got it?” “Mother you know I can't promise-” “Got. It.” She says more sternly, and Jungkook sighs. Honestly, she's worse then Taehyung sometimes. “Yes, Mother, I understand. Even if I must sell my kidney on the hidden markets, I will return home to your awaiting arms.”

 

“Who said anything about me waiting for you with open arms?” She mutters, and Jungkook smiles. There's the mother he knew. “Oh for Christ's- just this once, Jungkook. Don't get used to it, okay?” Jungkook frowns at her confused, “What am I not getting used to-Ooh. Wow. You're hugging me. This- this is a hug. From you. My mother is hugging me.” Jungkook says as he awkwardly stands there with his usually cold mother's arms wrapped around his torso. He slowly pats her back, once, twice, and she sighs.

 

She lets him go, and Jungkook is even more surprised to find her eyes were shining with unshed tears.

“I know I haven't always been there for you, Jungkook, but I want you to know I truly do love you. I might not show it like traditional mothers might, but, I do.” She says, and Jungkook nods, blinking back tears.

 

“I love you too, you old wrench.” He says lightening up the mood, as his mom laughs, smacking his arm lightly. Jungkook said goodbye to some of the servants, including Namjoon- “I said I'm releasing you from my rule, you big idiot.” Jungkook says, and Namjoon's eyes widen a fraction, “But-but your majesty, have I done something wrong?”

“Quite the opposite, my friend... I want you to be happy, and I know you'd be more happy with Jin then you would be inside an old castle, waiting to draw a bath for someone who might not even come back.” Jungkook said, smiling sadly at his friend.

 

Namjoon hugs Jungkook, startling the prince and mumbling into Jungkook's shoulder, “I don't know how to thank you. But, if you do come back, I want you to know I will be applying for the job as the prince's personal butler. You cannot stop me,” Jungkook laughs shaking his head, “Oh believe me, I know nothing can stop Kim Namjoon once his mind has been made. Goodbye, Joon. You've been a true friend,”

 

“Goodbye, Jungkook. I'm proud to have served under you, and to be called your friend.” Jungkook's eyes widen as Namjoon called him by his first name. He smiles at him before walking towards the door to the carriage. Jackson, who would be riding his personal horse in front of the prince's carriage, opens the door for the prince.

 

 

“Jungkook?” His mother calls, and Jungkook who was stepping up and into the door, stops to look back at her, “I'm proud of you.” Nodding, Jungkook steps up and into the carriage, sitting across from Jimin. He doesn't know what to expect, but he knows he must be strong for not only Taehyung, and his family, but also his country and his people.

 

They begin to move, turning around, and Jungkook looks out the window at the castle. He studies it momentarily, looking up at the high towers, quickly counting the number of windows he can see-


And hanging out of the twenty-seventh window was a certain baker. He was waving wildly at Jungkook's carriage and sending finger hearts. Jungkook chuckles, quickly sending some hearts back, but all too soon they're turned all the way around and rushing down the road towards hell.

 

“It'll be okay, Jungkook.” Jimin says suddenly as he holds his mask down just enough that he can be heard. Jungkook turns to look at his cousin with a blank stare, “Will it, Jimin?” he asks dryly and Jimin watches his cousin carefully. “It will. I have faith in you, Jungkook. You're the best warrior your country has had in decades,” Jungkook was going to say something about his combat teacher, but Jimin held his finger up. “Nuh uh. You and I both know you're better then Jackson. Sure, Jackson is skilled and an amazing fighter no doubt, but even you can manage to out smart him. Jungkook, you need to stop second-guessing yourself and your skills. It will get you nowhere, and it will make you seem weaker in the eyes of our enemies.”

 

Jungkook shuts up and nods his head stiffly, pulling his mask back up. Looking out the window he watches the scenery pass them by in flashes of greens and blues. Jimin was right, he knew that, it's just he's so unsure of himself. He doesn't know how he's to lead thousands of men into war, he doesn't know how he's going to get his father back, he doesn't know if his castle, his home, will be alright. Jungkook doesn't know a lot of things, and he's worried he's going to let everyone down.

 

He's worried he'll fail as the temporary king while his father is gone.

 

He's worried he'll fail as king, even after all this. But then again, if he's lucky, the war will solve that problem. Because maybe, just maybe, Jungkook won't have to worry about being a failure as a king. Because he'll be dead.


><><><><><><><><><

 

Battle Grounds;

Enemy's territory, Prisoner's tent.

 

“Honestly, Jeon, just give it up. You're armies are lost without their king to guide them. Your, though skilled, does not have the experience needed to win this battle... You might as well surrender now while you've got the chance. If you do, we'll let most of your men go, your family will be spared, your people will be fed and treated fairly. Well, as fairly as peasants that had a pig for king can be treated. And you, you wont even need to be killed. You can stay locked up inside your own dungeon!” The enemies king said, kicking King Jeon in the stomach.

 

“What's the point in surrendering everything now to be spared from death, when I am already dying?” Jeon rasps out, throat dry and scratchy from dehydration and not being used for days. The king makes a 'tsk' sound, as he paces around Jeon and the tent. “Don't tell me you forgot to wear your mask, Jeon.”

 

 

“Don't play dumb. We both know you ordered your men to sabotage my mask in hopes of killing me in case you failed in capturing me. But even tho I am dying and imprisoned, you must know you won't win this battle, because despite what you think, I have faith that my son will succeed.” Jeon says and the King laughs.

“You're not wrong about the first part,” The King chuckles as he motions for one of the guards. Jeon opens his mouth to say something, but is soon met with a hard thump. The guard had hit him on the head with the of his sword, knocking him out cold.

 

“But you're oh so naive to think that little boy playing dress-up in his daddy's uniforms will beat me.” The King stated as he spat onto King Jeon.

 

><><><><><><><><

 

Jackson and his men were surrounding the royal carriage half in the front and half in the back, along with two on either side of it. His men were all laughing and talking about god knows what, and normally Jackson wouldn't mind it, in fact, he'd join in on it. But as the sun settles behind the mountains, and the sky grows darker, the more attentive Jackson becomes. They are the perfect targets as of the moment.

 

Their torches haven't been lit, his men are loud so anyone could follow their voices, and two princes are sleeping inside, oblivious to the world. Jackson thinks he hears some twigs snap in the woods besides them, but he can't be sure over his men.

 

“WOULD YOU ALL KINDLY SHUT THE HELL UP!” Jackson yells, and everything goes silent. Even the crickets stopped chirping for a moment. “Thank you,” He sighs, focusing on his hearing as he signals for everyone to stop moving. Nothing is heard, but still Jackson's gut is telling him they're being followed, so he waits a little longer. “J-Jackson?” Jungkook asks as he leans his head out the window, yawning and rubbing his eyes tiredly. “Why have we stopped moving?”

 

“It's nothing I'm sure, it's just I have this weird feeling...” Jackson trails off as another twig snaps, but this time from the left side. Slowly and carefully, he unsheathes his sword, eyes darting left and right. “Your majesty, get your head back inside and stay inside. That goes for you too, Prince Jimin,” Jackson says calmly as he lifts his head up, eyes flashing. “Men, stay on guard,”

 

For a few long moments, nothing happens. The only sound is the crackle and snap of the freshly lit torches. Suddenly. an arrow is in the carriage driver's skull, and no one had any time to react. Jimin lets out a shout as an arrow is shot right into the carriage window, barely missing Jimin, and landing on the other side of the carriage. Jungkook notices with horror that it was on fire, and he pulls Jimin onto his side, not wanting the prince to catch on fire. Jungkook then pulls his cloak off, and using the corner swats at it, killing the fire before it could grow into something uncontrollable.

 

“T-thanks,” Jimin stuttered, still looking at the smoking arrow, shocked. “Don't mention it,” Jungkook breathes back as he pulls aside the window's curtain to peek out and see what's happening;

 

Jackson and his men were fighting sword against sword in a heated battle. The clink of the metal was loud, louder then the groans and pained gasps of the men. The enemies, though they had the advantage of an ambush, were falling fast. The ones that weren't, were retreating, not wanting to die like their brothers. Men laying down in pools of maroon, others lying still alive, but dying slowly and painfully as the sword was pushed down deeper into their bodies. Jungkook had only looked for a second, but he had seen more the enough to know that if this was just an ambush, that the war was going to be a hell of a lot worse.

 

---

 

Taehyung was sitting inside the stables next to his favorite horse. He didn't know who owned it, and in all honesty, Taehyung had begun to envision himself as the horses owner. He fed, groomed, and walked the horse around while his mystery owner was away. The horse was a warm brown with darker spots on it. It's beautiful mane was brushed to perfection, his hooves surprisingly clean, almost sparkling.

 

“Hey there fella,” Taehyung said as he gently rubbed his face while his other hand was holding treats for him to eat. He was munching on them when someone came in. Taehyung didn't pay much attention to them as he continued to pet the horse in front of him, but then the person was right next to Taehyung and the horse. “I see you've met my horse, Calypso,” They said cherry. Startled, Taehung looked up and was met with another dazzling man, his brown eyes sparkled and his hair looked soft and touchable, whereas it was also fashioned in a way that made him seem authoritative and well-polished. And god ing dammit he was

 

“Beautiful,” Taehyung choked out, only catching onto what he'd said when the man started to laugh, blushing, Taehyung looked away from him. “Who? Calypso? He certainly is... I'm general Hoseok, by the way. Jackson and I are the king's right-hand men when it comes to war. I'm the second highest rank of general there is and, well, now I'm sounding like a braggart, aren't I?” He says sticking his hand out for him to grasp. Only Taehyung didn't. No, instead he stumbled back and onto his in his hurry to get away from the general.

 

“I k-know who you are. There is not a soul who doesn't, Sir. You are the second best to Jakson.. Many fear the two of you... I-i hope you know that I'm sorry. I didn't realize this horse was yours and if I had known, I would not have touched it. I'm terribly sorry, please forgive me, I will not let it happen again.” he said as he scurried to get off my and onto my knees instead, bowing to show respect.

 

Hoseok looked at the man in front of him in confusion. He hadn't said anything, had he? “Get up. I am not mad at you,”

 

“Y-you're not?” Taehyung asks surprised as he peeks up from his bowing position. Hoseok smiled down at him, reaching his hand down at the boy. “I'm not,” he says as Taehyung reluctantly grasped the outstretched hand and got up off the dusty stable's floor.


“In fact, I'm quite thankful for you.” Hoseok said as he grabbed a saddle from the far corner. “Y-you are?” Taehyung asked as he watched the other place his saddle on Calypso.


“If it were not for you, I'm sure Calypso would be rather lonely. And hungry too. That is, if you are the same boy whom has been taking care of my trusty steed while I am away?” Taehyung nodded numbly, and Hoseok smiled. “Great! Well, you simply must let me repay you! I was just heading into town, and I'd love it if you'd accompany me for dinner as well.”


“Accompany? L-like in the town? Like in a restaurant, in the town, with you, a general?” Taehyung asks as his eyes widen at Hoesok, who simply nods.


“That is if you'd be so kind as to walk with me while I do some small tasks before we eat,”

 

“I-um. Yeah, sure. I-yes. Yes, it's just that I don't have anything to wear. I mean look at me,” Hoseok did look, and he'd be lying if he said what he saw didn't please him. “If you're really all that worried, I can loan you something to wear tonight.”
 

“WHAT?! No, no, no. I couldn't ask that of you-”


“I want to, so stop fretting about it. Now, if I could know the name of my beautiful date for this evening, that would be marvelous,” Hoseok asks as he smiles down at Taehyung from his seat on his horse.

 

“Taehyung,”

 

“Well, Taehyung, I'll see you later tonight then. Someone will bring some clothes to your rooms, as well.” He says as he pulls his horse away and out the stable's gates in a flourish.

 

What about Jungkook?

 

----

 

Taehyung was worried. He hoped Hoseok wasn't getting the wrong idea about this all. He is dating Jungkook, after all. So it's not like he's really going on a date with Hoseok. It's more a friendly dinner, nothing more, nothing less. Stepping out of the tub feeling cleaner then he had in months, Taehyung wraps his towel around his torso and walked out of the small bathroom and into the smaller bedroom. Gathering his courage, Taehyung slipped into the clothes Hoseok left him and went towards the dirty mirror to try and fix his hair.

 

Dabbing on some of his cologne, (His only cologne, might I add, which was a gift from his father) nodded. “You've got this Kim Taehyung. You can make sure he knows you're nothing more then friends and that you don't want to be anything more because you've got Kookie and that's all that matters to you and-”

 

knock knock kna-knock knock. Someone interrupted his little pep talk with the cheerful knocking on the door. Taking a deep breath, Taehyung walked over towards the door and opened it. Standing there was a smiling Hoseok looking absolutely dashing in his suit. “You look beautiful, as always, Taehyung.” He says smiling at the baker. “Thank you,” Taehyung states before opening his mouth to tell him that he was dating the prince, but he never got the chance because Hoseok grabbed hold of his wrist and pulled him out of the room.


“I-um... H-Hoseok,” Taehyung starts again as they turn the corner, only to have the general to slip his hand down from it's grasp on Taehyung's wrist to taehyung's hands instead. Blushing, Taehyung coughs, looking over at the man besides him. “Right.. Um, H-hoseok,”

 

“Hobi.”

 

“Sorry?”

 

“Call me Hobi, not Hoseok... All the best people do,” Hoseok says winking at Taehyung as they near the stables for the second time that day. They walked over to Calypso, Hoseok never letting go of Taehyung's hands, as he made sure the saddle and reins were placed correctly. “Hobi, I need to tell you something,”

 

“Hm?” He humms climbing up onto his horse and Taehyung takes a deep breath, “I'm dat-WOoOaH,” Taehyung yelps as Hoseok picks him up and places him ontop of Calypso. Taehyung's sitting behind him as he watched Hoseok grabbing the reins and tapping the side of his horse, a signal to tell the horse to start moving. They start lazily walking out of the stables, Taehyung lightly tugging on the back of Hoseok's shirt, but not holding on.


Tapping his heal a little deeper into the side of the horse, Hoesok told taehyung to hold on. “I'm fi-IIINE” Screaming, Taehyung wraps his arms tightly along the midsection of the other male, hiding his face in between Hoseok's shoulder blades.

 

He slowly peeks out and watches the trees and plains pass by him in flashes of greens and yellows. It's beautiful, and time seems to stop momentarily Taehyung thinks about everything as the colors engross him. Suddenly his thoughts turn to Jungkook and he feels guilty. He hasn't gotten the chance to tell Hoseok that he's taken, and he knows its bad.

 

What would Jungkook think if he was here right now? Would he steal me away and tell Hoseok who I belong to? I belong to my Prince, but more importantly I belong to Jungkook. He's mine and I'm his. We promised each other we would be together forever. But what's going to happen to them if Jungkook doesn't make it back? He promised me that he wouldn't die, but this is the war. And if I don't tell Hobi I'm dating Jungkook then does that mean I'm breaking the promise not to be with other people? And if I am, then how am I supposed to ask Jungkook to do the opposite? How am I supposed to ask him not to flirt, not to mess around with whomever he wants. Not to die in this war.

 

I can't.

 

They make it into town with record time and Taehyung is happy to be back on solid ground and not the backs of horses.
 

“Shall we?” Hoseok asks as they look into the bustling market.

 

><><><><><
 

Jungkook slumps down, exhausted, next to Jackson. “You did good out there, kid,” Jackson says as he passes his flask over to the young prince. “Ditto, Wang.”
 

“Why the formalities, Jeon?” Jackson asks, using Jungkook's last name as well. Jungkook never calls Jackson by his first name, so it was a little odd, the general had to admit. “I'm just thinking about how, if we had made one wrong move back there, I could've broken a very important promise I made to someone I hold dear.” Jungkook's response what not what the older boy had expected, but he shrugged it off.


“So my little Kookster got himself a lover,” He teases, stealing his flask back and taking a swig of it. “Shut up, you old sack of potatoes. You're just jealous because I actually managed to get someone to stay with me for longer then a night.” Junkook retorts, and Jackson feigns hurt.


“I'm wounded, kookie-monster. And to think I shared my drink with you,” he says downing the last contents of his flask, the warm liquor burning his throat as it goes down. It goes silent again and Jungkook thinks back to the ambush earlier that night.

 

Jungkook what are you doing?” Jimin whisper yells at the prince, who had opened the door to their carraige and was planning on stepping out of it. “Helping,” he says, poking his head out only to be pulled back in by his worried cousin, “But Jackson said to stay inside,”


“So? It's not like I ever listen anyways,” Jungkook say as he steps fully out of the vehicle and out into the fight. Jackson yells at him, and Jungkook catches his sword just in time. “Thanks!” he yells back and the older man just grunts, too busy fighting someone to respond.


Jungkook tries not to think too much about how some of these men could have families, loved ones and children, at home as he kills them. One particularly brutal stab has blood splatter up and onto his face and chest, ruining the shirt Namjoon had gotten for him as a present the other day. “Well, ,” He says as he inspects it. Not even looking up from his shirt, he swings his sword out, successfully cutting the man that had charged at him. “Just because I'm not looking at you, does not mean I can't see you,” Jungkook says as he swings his sword once more, decapitating the man.

 

Grimacing, he turns away from it not wanting to loose his lunch. Cutting the heads of flour dummies was a lot different from the real thing, and with a horrifying thought, Jungkook knew he'd have to get used to it.

 

But he doesn't want to.

 

“I'm honestly proud of you, kid. Despite what I say, I kind of like you...” Jackson says, pulling Jungkook back into the present. “I'm going to call it a night. You should too. We have a long day ahead of us,” Jackson ruffled Jungkook's hair before stepping up off the ground and making his way towards the cluster of tents.

 

I wonder how Taehyung is holding up... Is he thinking about me too, right now, tonight? Is he as worried about me as I am him? Does he miss me as much as I miss him? Does he-

 

“Hey, Jungkook,” Someone says, starling the prince once again that night. Whipping his head towards the dark shilloettte of the person, he squints trying to see who it is. The light behind the person, and Jungkook in the dark, it was hard to see. “Ah, sorry didn't mean to scare you,” They sit down next to Jungkook, and now that they were in the darkness and on his eye level, Jungkook was pleased to find it was Jimin.

 

“No, no it's okay. I was just lost in thought is all,” Jungkook says as Jimin leans his head on his shoulder. “Its cold. Think inside your tent.” Jimin says yawning, and Jungkook nods, helping them both up.

 

“Goodnight, Jimin,” He says as he makes his way towards the king's tent. Just as he got inside, the warmth wrappring around him, he hears a distant “Night!” from his fellow prince. Chuckling, he makes his way over towards his suitcase, opening it up and taking out something to sleep in. He then slips into bed, and dreams about his little baker back at home.

 

----

 

earlier that day on the other side of the country:

 

“Shall we?”

 

“We.. shall,” Taehyung said and after a second of hesitation he grabs the general's hand and lets himself be led through the market. After stopping at quite a few shops, they ended up in a carpenter's little stand. “I'm glad you agreed to let me take you out for dinner, I was worried you'd say no because I'm... Me.”
 

“And what on earth is that supposed to mean?” Taehyung asks as he inspects a little wooden figurine while Hoseok waits for the stand's owner to give him his money back. Hoseok glanced at him from the corner of his eyes, before shrugging.


“I mean me and Calypso look like brothers so...”

“I'm not following,”

“I'm saying I look like Calypso you idiot.”

“Still don't get it. Calypso's a horse. How can you look like a horse?” Taehyung asks as he looks up at Hoseok, who just gestured to himself like can-you-not-see-my-face?

 

“Oh. OH MY FU- YOU THINK YOU'RE UGLY AND YOU LOOK LIKE A HORSE?!” Taehyung half screamed this, causing a few people to turn and look at them. Hoseok's cheeks were dusted pink as he smiled and waved apologizing quietly. “He was dropped as a baby,” He says pointing to Taehyung and smiling sadly. Some people awwed and nodded. But everyone turned away and went back to their shopping.

 

“I was not dropped as a baby. If anyone was it would be you for thinking you're ugly!” Taehyung whispered loudly to the general who was leading him away from the crowded streets and towards their dinner destination. “You really think I'm handsome?” Hoseok asks quietly, and Taehyung nods earnest.


“I'd date you, if I wasn't already dat-”


Someone roughly shoved the two aside, causing Taehyung to fall down into a small puddle, soaking his with dirty muddy street water. “Hey!” Hoseok starts, but Taehyung puts a hand on his arm. “It's okay, Hobi. Let him be,” Pulling himself up with the help of Hoseok who was still looking at the man irate. “Hobi, I swear I'm fine. I'm more worried about your clothes,” Taehyung says as he cranes his neck to stare at his , but to no avail. He can't see a thing. But he can certainly feel it. “Oh those? They can be washed. It's okay... Do you still wish to get dinner, or would you rather head home?” Hoseok asks as he crouches, inspecting Taehyung's backside, even being so daring as to slap it as he came back around. “Oh-HOBI!” Taehyung yelps surprised. God Dammit I needed to tell him about Jungkook, and now-

 

“So? Dinner?” Hoseok asks and Taehyung nods after a moment. “The wetness is not unbearable, and I am rather hungry at the moment,”

 

“Look at it this way,” Hoseok says as they walk into a little restaurant, “I made you wet for me.” He whispers as he pushes Taehyung's seat in. Blushing, Taehyung clears his throat and grabs the glass of water besides him, taking a large sip. Smirking, Hoseok orders quickly for both of them, Taehyung having no clue what to get and Hoseok reassures him that he'll love whatever Hoseok gets.

 

“So, what have you been dying to tell me since we met?” Hobi asks once the food is placed in front of them, and he begins to cut into his steak. He places a piece into his mouth and stares amused at the baker in front of him. Taehyung broke eye contact as he started to cut into his own food, “Oh you know...”

 

“Is it about the fact that you're dating someone already?” Taehyung chokes on his drink, looking at Hobi curiously, “How.... Did you...” Taehyung asks and Hoseok shrugs, taking a sip of his own drink.

 

“You started mumbling to yourself at the medical shop, saying things like 'I need to tell him I'm dating' I didn't hear who you're dating, but I hope they know how lucky they are.” Taehyung flushes at Hoseok's kind words, and he smiles at him. “I mean, I've only known you for a day, and I can already tell you're amazing, Taehyung.”

 

“Thanks, Hobi. You're amazing too. And if you'd met me before my boyfriend did, I'm sure we would've been really happy together,” Taehyung says and Hoseok smiles his heart smile, nodding.

 

“So... You know any other cute bakers I might like?” Hoseok says wiggling his eyebrows at the baker in front of him, who rolls his eyes.

 

“Well... There is this one man names Kevin,” Taehyung teases thinking back to the scarily giant man from the kitchen. “But I don't think he's your type.. Or anyone's really,”

 

 

><><><><><><><><


 

Clink! Clink! Fwooosh~

Jungkook swung his sword at the enemies' legs, but the other man jumped in time, barely missing the sharp blade. “You're good,” Jungkook breathes out through his mask, and the man chuckles. “I could say the same about you, Prince,” He said prince sarcastically as he tries to stab jungkook's gut, but the younger dodged it barely. “We heard you were good, but we did not anticipate it you to be this good,”

 

clink! Clink! Clank! Their swords made these loud noises as the metal hits metal, but it's drowned out with all the other people fighting. “If.. I'm being honest.... We didn't... Expect... A boy so young... To be so prepared...” The man said, panting as he charged at Jungkook, who easily side-stepped it and swung his own sword directly into the running man's side.

 

His opponent crumples to the ground, groaning as he holds his side. “You know... I didn't want to fight in this war. But He made me do it. Said my family would die if I didn't...” The man says as he coughs up blood.

“May god have mercy on you and your family,” Jungkook states as he stabs the man one last time, effectively killing him. Jungkook didn't have time to give his respects, because another man had already begun to attack him, yelling a battle cry.

 

All was fine until Jungkook lost his footing, and fell on his . Scrambling to pick up his sword, he holds it pointed up at the man in front of him. Jungkook's eyes flash down to the man's hands as he held the sword carefully..... It seemed he had ash on the tips of them, but Jungkook wasn't sure.

 

“Jungkook!” Someone yells, and he looks up to find another man behind him. He rolls to the side just as the new opponent's sword smashes into the ground where he had been lying a moment before. Breathing hard, eyes wide, Jungkook kept rolling on the ground, avoiding the aggressive man's swings.

He almost got sliced into Kookie-bits, but someone saved him. Looking up, Jungkook sees it's General Min, his annoyed face hidden by the mask he wore, but his eyes told it all. “This is so boring,” he mutters as he slices the man's stomach, and stabs the other's chest. Both of the enemy soldiers fall onto their knees, eyes wide and mouth open in a silent cry.

 

Yoongi helps Jungkook up, and they begin to fight together, back to back as the war rages on.

 

Later that night in the King's tent, General Wang and Stand-in King Jeon amongst others were discussing war plans.

 

“But if we attack from here, they would have as much as an advantage because the ground is higher on our side, meaning our archers could shoot them-” Jungkook stops talking as Yoongi strolls in, hair damp and dripping, his clothes messily thrown on. “I showered. Smelled like death,” Is all he said, as he made his way towards the table to discuss with them. The table begins to talk about Jungkook's proposition, and Jimin uses this chance to tug on his younger cousin's sleeve.

 

“Psst, Kook,”

 

“Mmm?” Jungkook turns towards his cousin, curious as to what the older boy needed. He usually stayed quiet during these things, not wanting to interrupt the generals and Jungkook from their war talk.

 

“Who's that?” He whispers, pointing towards Yoongi, his loose white shirt hanging low as he leans over the table to point at the map, exposing his creamy white chest and the abs hidden underneath. Jimin his lips, and Jungkook rolled his eyes. “His name's Min Yoongi, and I wouldn't bother. He's shot down every man and woman that's approached him. Apparently they aren't good enough or whatever.” He says shrugging and Jimin nods, a little sad.

 

Just then Yoongi looks up, eyes meeting Jimin's and a chill runs down the younger's spine. His eyes roam up and down Jimin's body, before he looks back up at Jimin, smirking. “Yoongi, what about this...” Someone says, and the general's eyes are drawn back to the map.

 

. he's so beautiful. Jimin thinks as he sits down on a couch, heart pounding fast as he sneaks a peek at the man once again. And so out of my league, he thinks bitterly as he lays down on the couch, waiting for Jungkook to finish with the strategy planning and talk with him.

 

“Prince Jungkook,” Someone calls, causing everyone in the room to turn and look at him. “It's about your father,”

----

Two months later:

 

Taehyung didn't know how he ended up in the prince's room once again, only this time he was alone. The room was dusty from not being used these past two months, and as he walked around, his heart hurt. He missed his prince, he missed his boyfriend. He hadn't seen him since he left, and he didn't know if he was okay. Well, that's not completely true. He knew he wasn't dead because if he was, the castle would've been informed of it in a flash. So that's something.

 

He walked over to the nightstand beside his giant oak bed. There was a little piece of paper Taehyung hadn't noticed before. Opening it up, he was surprised to find it was from Jungkook. It was a letter he'd written for Taehyung the day he left.

 

 

 

Dear Tae-ter tot.

 

I'm sorry I left without waking you, it's just you looked so peaceful, and I couldn't bring myself to upset

you by saying goodbye. I hope you know I love you dearly, and I will think about you every day I am

not besides you. I wish I could tell you everything I feel when I'm around you, but I must leave. I love

you so much, Taehyung. I know you love me back, so it's okay that I didn't get to hear it. I just knew.

I wish you the best of luck at the castle while I am away. Don't forget about me, and don't love anyone

other then me while I'm gone as well. Goodbye, my precious Baker Boy. Wait for me, as I will for you.

 

  • Jungkook.

 

 

Taehyung's eyes were wet with unshed tears. When will I see you again, Jungkook? I'm waiting, but I don't know how long I can. Forever? Maybe... but I just don't know anymore,

 

 

-----

 

“Send word the queen,” Jungkook says, his voice muffed by the mask he was wearing as he examined the towns people clawing at his horse and for him to help. “It has begun,”

 

Jungkook uses his booted foot to kick a woman off him, making sure he didn't make contact with the skin.

Is taehyung okay? Shaking his head to rid of those thoughts, Jungkook digs his heel into the side of his horse, telling to start running. He rides back towards the war, now more worried about the safety of his men.

 

----

Namjoon and Jin were sleeping comfortably inside Jin's castle. Namjoon had moved over there once he finally asked to marry Jin after four years of dating in secret. Jin's father was not happy to say the least, but once Jin became king he couldn't do anything about it. They snuggled in closer as they lay on their shared bed. Nothing could ruin this moment, as Namjoon kissed the back of Jin's neck lovingly. “i love you, Jin.”

“I love you too,”

Yes, nothing could ruin this... Nothing except-

 

WooOOOOooOOO~! Jin and Namjoon sprung up from their bed, looking with wide eyes at one another. “That alarm,” Jin started and his husband nodded..

 

“It's here... They're locking up the castle right now.”

-----

 

Jimin was laying in his tent, idly messing with his hair, bored. Jungkook had left to see the condition of the towns people before continuing to fight in the war. “Knock Knock,” someone states shadow covering the entrance of the tent. “Come in,” Jimin calls, not bothering to get off his bed.

The visitor pushed aside the opening and walked in. Jimin looked at them upside down because his head was hanging off the edge of the bed. It was Yoongi. “Hey 'Gi.” Jimin says as he watches the man sit down on the ground beside his bed.

 

“What're you doing, ChimChim?” Jimin blushes at the nickname, and Yoongi's eyebrows furrow. “Hey, I think you've been lying that way for too long. Look, all the blood is rushing to your head. Your face is red!” He says and Jimin blushes harder. He sounds like he's worried about me.

 

“That's because I am you dickwad.” Jimin rolls over to look at the man properly. “W-what?” Did I say that out loud? “You said you it sounded like I was worried about you. And the truth is I am. I mean I do. A lot.” Yoongi says looking away, and Jimin smiles.


“Well I worry about you too. Every time you leave to fight, I wonder if it's the last time I'll see you.” Jimin says and Yoongi glances at him.

“If I were to leave here right now to fight, and you knew I was going to die, is there anything you'd want to tell me?” Jimin looks at Yoongi with wide eyes. He doesn't answer right away, but just as he was opening his mouth Yoongi says, “Because I'd want to tell you how ing much I want to kiss you. Everyday, every second, every moment. And it kills me that I can't.”

 

Shocked. Stunned. Happy. Slightly . These are all things that you could use to describe Jimin right now. “Who's to say you can't?” Jimin whispers, and Yoongi searches his eyes as he leans in close, Jimin meets him halfway, and their lips meet. It's sweet and slow and soft but at the same time it's rough and sensual and heated. And it's all just so perfectly them. They push and pull, and finally they break apart gasping for air. “Can I do that again?” Yoongi breathes and Jimin nods yes. yes.

 

Yoongi reaches up and tangles his hands in Jimin's soft hair, causing the other to moan into his mouth. “You like your hair to be pulled?” He asks and Jimin looks away, blushing. Smirking, Yoongi leans up and whispers into Jimin's ear, “I'll have to keep that in mind for later.”

 

Jimin gently punches Yoongi, causing the older to chuckle. “God you're beautiful,” Yoongi whispers and Jimin looks away, shy. “You really think so?” He whispers and Yoongi looks at him dumbfounded. “Do you not know?” He asks and Jimin shrugs trying to play it off as nothing.

 

“Holy . You don't know how gorgeous you are. How you're so beautiful, it hurts. How every time you step into a room, time stops and everyone looks at you. How when you smile, it lights up the room. How your laugh can make anyone feel joy. How every time I look at you, I wonder what I did in my past life to meet someone like you. And now, I wonder what the I did to make you mine.”

 

Jimin's blushing wildly now, he's sure of it. He stares at Yoongi in shock. He leans down and crashes his lips to the general's and sighs contently when Yoongi instantly kisses back.

 

><><><><><><><><

Jungkook finally made it to the enemies side, and standing before him was someone he thought he'd never see again. The king was not who expected. In fact, the king wasn't even a man. There, standing before him was a young woman, around his age with a crown on her head, a sword in hand, and a sickeningly sweet smile on her face.

 

“L-Lisa?” Jungkook croaks out, as he looks at her in shock. She should be dead... They told me she'd died. What is-

Jungkook's thoughts are cut off by the sing-song voice of the woman directly across him;

 

 

“Hello Brother dearest. It's been a while, hasn't it?”

 

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

A/N

Muwahahaha another cliffhanger. Mk bye.